Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Baby Q v. Lightstim Anti-Aging
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
marys235
5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying to decide between the Baby Q and the Lightstim Anti-Aging devices. I'm favoring the lightstim because of the longer return period, I figure I will really be able to tell if it works after 90 days, Baby Q only gives you one month. And Lightstim is only $339, v. $450 for Baby Q. I'm confused about how long the Lightstim takes for a treatment, I read on one website it takes less time than Baby Q, which I believe takes about 28 minutes, but also read it takes longer than Baby Q, maybe an hour per treatment. But it's hard to tell if people are talking about the original lightstim, or the newer anti-aging model. Can anyone with the newer anti-aging Lightstim model tell me how long it takes to treat your entire face? I know I won't be able to spend an hour at a time on it, if it takes that long, I'll go with the Baby Q.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
You should check out Kassy's thread...she has the Anti-Aging LightStim.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26564

5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Bethany, I did read that thread, but did not see a post saying how long a treatment with the newer model Lightstim takes. I may have missed it, I'll go back and read it again.

The only other big difference I see between the Baby Q and the Lightstim is that the Baby Q has a green light setting, the Lightstim does not. Wonder if that makes a difference.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
............The only other big difference I see between the Baby Q and the Lightstim is that the Baby Q has a green light setting, the Lightstim does not. Wonder if that makes a difference.

Green light setting means continuous wave. Quasar SP/Baby has 3 settings: Continuous and 2 pulse sequence, Lightstim only using Continuous wave.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think Kassy says that she does 4 mins an area? But I am really not sure.

The LightStim has the Amber wavelength - Does the Baby Q?

And as far as the Green wavelength is concerned, it is supposedly good for hyperpigmentation.

Editing to add: You definitely have to make time to use the LED, no matter which one you get. You can also treat your hands, neck, and chest, but you could do some areas one day, and others the next day if you are short on time.

But you can definitely overuse LED, so you might not want to plan on using it every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
..................The LightStim has the Amber wavelength - Does the Baby Q?

And as far as the Green wavelength is concerned, it is supposedly good for hyperpigmentation...................................

Quasar only has 2 red wavelengths and 2 infrared. It does not have green wavelength but green light setting for continuous wave.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I found a post by Kassy, she spends one hour treating face, neck, chest and hands. I believe the Baby Q takes about 28 minutes for the face alone, so it sounds like they would take about the same time if you did the same areas. One website I read said the green light continuous wave mode had the most power and strength in treating. Maybe it's worth paying the extra money for the green wave mode. Both devices have the amber, red, and infrared wavelengths. It's hard to decide which one to get, people have had good results with both.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
bethany wrote:

And as far as the Green wavelength is concerned, it is supposedly good for hyperpigmentation...................................

Quasar only has 2 red wavelengths and 2 infrared. It does not have green wavelength but green light setting for continuous wave.

Thanks for the clarification!

5% products discount

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
bethany wrote:

Thank you, I didn't see that before. I misunderstood what the green light setting was.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
Okay, I found a post by Kassy, she spends one hour treating face, neck, chest and hands. I believe the Baby Q takes about 28 minutes for the face alone, so it sounds like they would take about the same time if you did the same areas. One website I read said the green light continuous wave mode had the most power and strength in treating. Maybe it's worth paying the extra money for the green wave mode. Both devices have the amber, red, and infrared wavelengths. It's hard to decide which one to get, people have had good results with both.

Quasar SP/Baby and Original Lightstim only has 2 red, 2 infrared NO Amber

Anti-Aging Lightstim and Prolight Platinum has 2 red, 2 infrared, AND AMBER

Quasar SP/Baby has continuous and Pulsing wave. Lightstim and Prolight only has continuous wave.

Is it clear now??

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
marys235 wrote:

Quasar SP/Baby and Original Lightstim only has 2 red, 2 infrared NO Amber

Anti-Aging Lightstim and Prolight Platinum has 2 red, 2 infrared, AND AMBER

Quasar SP/Baby has continuous and Pulsing wave. Lightstim and Prolight only has continuous wave.

Is it clear now??

On the quasarpro.com website, the specs for both the Baby Q and Quasar SP include the amber light:

Baby Quasar
Baby Quasar, 24 red/amber and infrared 3mm leds with SequePulse Technology
Attractive retail display box
Power Supply
Operator’s Guide
Baby Quasar “Rave” 8 1/2 by 11 Posters
Distributor’s warranty including immediate replacement

http://www.quasarpro.com/baby_quasar.html
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

On the quasarpro.com website, the specs for both the Baby Q and Quasar SP include the amber light:

Baby Quasar
Power Supply
Operator’s Guide

That's new to me. Or they changed the LEDs. When I purchased it 1.5 year ago they only have 2 red and 2 infrared. When I turn on mine there's no amber light.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Baby Quasar
Power Supply
Operator’s Guide

That's new to me. Or they changed the LEDs. When I purchased it 1.5 year ago they only have 2 red and 2 infrared. When I turn on mine there's no amber light.

I am wondering if the mention of amber is new too. I just sent them an email to ask....

It also says for the Quasar SP that it "includes two pulsed modes and a continuous wave mode".
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="havana8

[/quote]

Here's the link to the "Adventhera" site, who list's only red/infrared for both lights. I believe Alex said the same on the big long Quasar thread.

Somethings wrong somewhere!

http://www.advanthera.com/Light-Therapy-Photo-Rejuvenation-Home-Consumer-Professional-Devices-Solutions.html

The only thing I can offer that hasn't been said yet, is that the "amber" lights, along with red + infrared, gave me better, faster results, than the red/infrared alone. My face is also firmer since the addition of the amber lights, with a definite tightness noted.

HTH

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I recieved my Anti-aging Lightstim on Monday. There is a 10% off code which will save $30+. (I think the code is bust34age)
I work full time and am a single mom to an active 6 yr old . Extra time is not something I have much of. I haven't had any problems finding time to use the lightstim. If I'm on the computer, I can use it which I surf. If I'm watching a 30 min tv program, I'll use it while watching tv.
If I had to guess how much time I use it I would have to say close to an hour a day. In addition to using it on my face, I also am using it on one hand (to compare it to the other hand in a month) and my chest and breast implant scars (they are 4 months old and I wanted to see if the light therapy made any difference).
I really like the Lightstim. Good luck with your decision!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I knwo I've seen james posted this info before. After 1 hour searching, my right wrist almost had a cramp, my eyes almost blind...... I found the following info in Dermawave vs Quasar thread, posted by James:

Quasar SP & Baby Quasar
12 Red & 12 Infrared
Red (632 & 660) Infrared (880 & 950)
Technically 632 is amber(ish)

I believe 590nm is Amber, Amber not Amber(ish).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I have the Quasar SP, which I purchased in January 07. It has an orange light (low frequency) red light (high frequency) and green light (continuous wave, which I think is a combination of orange and red). I have noticed that when I only use the continuous wave, which is supposed to be a more powerful treatment, I can't see any results, whereas if I use all 3 lights, my skin is plumped up and generally looks better.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I have both the Baby Q and the Anti Aging Lightstim. With the Baby Q, the face is divided into six sections - in pulsing mode the head is placed on the skin for 10 secs and moved around one section for a total of two mins - total 12 mins. This procedure is repeated in red continuous mode - total 12 mins. Using green mode you can treat specific areas for 20 secs at 4 mins per section - total maybe another 8 - 12 mins. Grand total 36 mins - just for the face.

With the AAL the head is placed on the skin for 3 mins - total time for my face is usually about 30 mins. So you can see the time factor is the same with both devices. However, because the head of the AAL is larger you're doing 3 mins per area instead of 10 secs with the Baby Q. Therefore, I think you get more of an intense treatment with the AAL.

I've been using my AAL for about six weeks and I do prefer it to the BQ. My skin tone has really evened out and my skin looks really healthy. You might also like to do a search on the Prolight. It's getting some good feedback on the forum and I think the treatment time is only 1 min per area.
marys235
5% products discount

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all of the great information. I went ahead and ordered the Lightstim last night, using the 10% off code. Thanks so much! I can't wait to get it. I also feel really good about the return policy, since if it doesn't work for me I have 90 days to return it, and only have to pay shipping. But, I'm really hopeful that I will get good results, so that won't be an issue. I'm planning to use it with a hyaluronic acid serum, from the posts I've read, people seem to get good results with that.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
marys235 wrote:
Thanks for all of the great information. I went ahead and ordered the Lightstim last night, using the 10% off code. . I'm planning to use it with a hyaluronic acid serum, from the posts I've read, people seem to get good results with that.

Mary I would suggest alternating your treatments between; HA serum, bare face + good quality anti-oxidant serum.

And always cleanse and exfolliate before treatment.. (A microfiber cloth is gentle and effective for the latter!)

Good luck!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
just curious: how can you "overuse" LED devices? What happens?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:04 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
just curious: how can you "overuse" LED devices? What happens?

--avalange

Using them too frequently (like every day) doesn't allow enough time for your skin to rebound. The person I bought mine from does NOT recommend using them every day for that reason, but I think it also depends on how strong the unit is. Mine happens to be quiet strong, and there is no way my skin could handle it every day.

Some people (Winnie, I think??) also mentioned dryness if they did it too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis (Queen of LED Very Happy - so I've been told) and all others:

Hope to get clarification - I'm 50 and need repeated feedback Laughing Kindly bear with me.

So, are we saying that the AAlight Stim and the Prolight are similar in what they offer (red/infrared and amber) and similar or same in results? Except - if I am reading correctly - the Prolight requires less time for the same results? (BTW: I definitely want amber and not amberish.)

I like the discount available with AALightstim and of course - a track record here on EDS. Does the Prolight have a good return policy? And are there ever discounts to anyone's knowledge?

And can someone give me th simple answer to why we might need both pulse and continuous mode as seen on the BQ? The continuous I read here is more powerful? Isn't this a good thing?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am with Sistersweets, I am 53 as of today and I need the repeat feedback and all the tools to keep me looking good Laughing Tell us o MAcrisis, what is the best choice of the LED lights for the over 50 crowd and I assume we aren't concerned about pimples but seriously concerned about some slight sag Sad and nose to mouth sag lines Sad Sad Sad etc...... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Toby
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
You Go Toby! And Happy Birthday. I'd come celebrate but don't know where to find you! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |