Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
sunless tanners
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've decided that this will be my first summer since grade school in which I will wear items besides blue jeans! But the lack of sun exposure leaves me sickly, and blindingly white! It was only last summer in which I could comforatably wear t-shirts without feeling self-conscious...

I was leaning towards a gradual tanning lotion since I'm worried about turning orange (especially with asian skin to start) and being streaky. Any sunless tan recommendations? Or application tips?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard a lot of good feedback for Johnson's holiday skin - cheap, effective and builds up gradually.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Do a search on EDS for reviews of St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Auto-Bronzant Mousse. It's the best I've used. It has an initial color to it so it helps when you apply it to prevent streaking, etc. Best application is use a big makeup sponge/puff or washcloth and dedicate it to this use (versus using your hands).
Beauty.com reviews of it - click on link, then reviews:
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=143550

A cheaper one that works well and you can find in U.S. drugstores is Aveeno's Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion (the only difference I think in the fair and medium is the speed of building up the color). You can read many reviews of it at Drugstore.com :
Medium
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=151675&catid=9715
Fair
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=151674&catid=9715

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Is St. Trozez sold in Canada?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
I've decided that this will be my first summer since grade school in which I will wear items besides blue jeans! But the lack of sun exposure leaves me sickly, and blindingly white! I was leaning towards a gradual tanning lotion since I'm worried about turning orange (especially with asian skin to start) and being streaky. Any sunless tan recommendations? Or application tips?

I feel your pain, as I'm also blindingly white!.. Living in the vacation land of south Florida amongst all the tanned and toned babes of South Beach doesn't help matters either.. Shock

I had very good results from "Coppertone Endless Summer" sunless tanning lotion. It comes in fair, medium and dark shades. I have the medium, and after several daily applications built up to a nice bronzy glow. (You start to see the color in about 30 minutes).

Just be careful with whatever product you choose, to go extremely sparingly on elbows, hands, knees and heels. Also, with this product, a little goes a long way so just build on it daily till you achieve your desired color. You can find it in any store that carries sunscreen for about $10.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm sure you can find St. Tropez in Canada or on online stores .... like EDS (which is in Canada) Laughing
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/sttropez.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like the L'Oreal self tanner that you can get at the drugstore.....I havent tried the St Tropez stuff however. I also do Mystic Tanning at my tanning salon since beds are off limits. No premature aging and sun damage for me!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Jergens Natural Glow Firming
Daily Moisturizer and Jergens Natural Glow Express
Body Moisturizer (mainly on my legs since they need more help).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
St. Tropez gives a stunning tan. My friend, an esthetician, gave me a full body tan before going to Florida. No one would have guessed it was not a tan from sun bathing.

Another self tanner I am aching to try is Bare Escentuals Faux Tan. Lisa Robinson on QVC uses this product and always sports a perfect tan.

A decent drug store product is Jergens Natural Glow. I am not a big fan of makeup and have used Natural Glow for the face. Very pleased.

Self tanners have come a long way. Does anyone recall "Man Tan?" If you used it you will never forget that orange glow. Bad Grin

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I'm sure you can find St. Tropez in Canada or on online stores .... like EDS (which is in Canada) Laughing
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/sttropez.htm

Laughing I should have known! I just might get this.
Recently I purchased Clarins for face self tanner that I intended to use on my whole body. So this product won't last long and I should give St Tropez a try. Smile
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the recommendation, looks like I've got some research to do!

Last summer I did try the Vaseline one, but it made me orangey...better than pasty I guess...but I couldn't stand the smell!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Last summer I used the St. Tropez mousse tanner. AWESOME stuff. One of my girlfriends was envious on my tan and asked me when I had time to go tanning with a new baby! LOL. Told her it was bottled and she couldn't believe it.

Love that stuff. I've been meaning to start again soon, but haven't had time to apply!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Another current self-tanner EDS thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=365244#365244

Some older threads on St. Tropez:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23660
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=627

5% products discount

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use Model Co Tan Airbrush (pink can) and love it. The colour is completely natural and it just has a slight coconut scent. I just spray it on in the shower cubical so the mess can easily be washed away and any uneven area can be rubbed in. Love it Love it!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone please tell me who decided that every bloody thing should smell like a pina colada? I'm sick of the smell of coconuts..

Okay, back to tanners.... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I like Loreal's Sublime Glow daily moisturizer. It gradually builds a natural looking tan, and it's pretty hard to mess it up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I hate the smell of most sunless tanners...and the stink lingers for a day or two afterwards Sad

I'm waiting until I finalize my EDS order, and I think I'll try the St.Tropez (especially with the 15% mother's day discount Razz !)

I think I'm also going to pick up one of the drugstores ones as well to hold me over until I put my order in...deciding between the Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion and L'oreal Sunless Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer...

Although there are good recs for Banana Boat Everyday Glow and Dove's summer glow body lotion.

Back to researching!
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Although...it was like mis20s on sunday, and today was 6 degrees here!! Looks like my legs are going to get another week of hibernation!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
kirstya wrote:
I use Model Co Tan Airbrush (pink can) and love it. The colour is completely natural and it just has a slight coconut scent. I just spray it on in the shower cubical so the mess can easily be washed away and any uneven area can be rubbed in. Love it Love it!

Where can you get it? Is it sold in Canada?
kirstya
5% products discount

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure about Canada but there are stockists in the USA. Google 'modelco' for the website and it has a list of stockists around the world with a number in the USA.
jess55
5% products discount

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I've already recommended this in another thread but go buy yourself the April issue of InStyle. They list their favorite products after testing hundreds of different ones. There is a sub catagory referring to sunless tanners. Once you read their list, it may help you to narrow down your options.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Another info resource someone posted on the other current sunless thread iswww.sunless.com

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I use body bronzer by senegence, no odor , no streaking and no orangey!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
whoops

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up picking up Dove's gradual tanner the other day, so I've only applied it a couple times, but so far its okay. I do have a very slight tan, like I spent the afternoon in the sun...its still too early to tell if it's going to turn out orange.

But since it is so gradual, no visible streaks. Oh, and the main reason I ended up going with the Dove over the others was that it had the least offensive smell by far!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |