Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Silly skin care advice
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
This just made me laugh, but after looking at a make up how to on youtube I stumbled on some "skin care guides". This is basically videos of girls in their teens and maybe early twenties who wear tons of make up talking about their skin care.

Before I even question any of the advice being given so confidently, let's just reflect: why in the world would anyone want to take skin care advice from a 20 year old girl who still finds it necessary to wear tons of make up all the time? (including skin make up like primer, concealer, foundation, etc.) ???

Anyway this girl mentions her favorite NIGHT moisturizer and it's one that has spf 15 (chemical sunscreen ingredients). How stupid can you be, to be using something with spf before bed? I was prepared for hearing clinique endorsements, but this just made my jaw drop.

Oh and just in case you're curious, her favorite day moisturizer doesn't have spf.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I watch makeup tutorials all the time....some of those girls are getting famous through YouTube. But I know what you mean, there's one girl who considers herself an esthetician because she worked at an Estee Lauder counter in college. She also thinks "percentage of hydration" is the scientific term for pH. =p
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
I watch makeup tutorials all the time....some of those girls are getting famous through YouTube. But I know what you mean, there's one girl who considers herself an esthetician because she worked at an Estee Lauder counter in college. She also thinks "percentage of hydration" is the scientific term for pH. =p

THAT is hilarious. Has anyone contradicted her little faux paux? I think it would be quite funny to do one making fun of all those little oddities.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
It's not like she even said the wrong product by mistake, she held up each product she was talking about close to the camera. I had to watch that part several times because I just couldn't believe what I was hearing and seeing.

I've never commented on a youtube video before... Looking at some of the comments, it's all from people complimenting her and asking for advice. Also, I've learned to try to resist from giving unsolicited advice...
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:

WOW, that is just amazing! Wait, you did say she went to college didn't you? And high school, I presume? I guess chemistry wasn't a required subject in her high school!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
If she had chemistry she wouldn't be saying asinine things like that. If she finds out how incorrect she is- let's hope she at least has the brains to be embarrassed.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not posting this to make fun of her, but it annoys me that people buy all the stuff she uses because they believe her to be an expert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_y73ktRB4
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
I'm not posting this to make fun of her, but it annoys me that people buy all the stuff she uses because they believe her to be an expert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8_y73ktRB4

"Toner is a NE-CESS-I-TY"

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Dear. I just watched it - that's terrible. I had to stop at Percentage of Hydration as the definition of Ph. I teach Science at a college and this made me want to lose lunch. And then she has a four star rating. Oh no......
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, anyone who watches that and thinks she's an "expert" needs to crawl out from under their rock and do a little research. Hey, doncha think?
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Is this stuff that EL trains employees to regurgitate or is she putting her spin on it? Otherwise, I think EL can get this crap pulled off the web. Sheesh.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
OMG... I just watched the ph girl and even though I was prepared for it I still had to giggle when she said it.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ok she's funnier with the pH thing and she has some quotable quotes but I don't think it's anywhere near as dumb as using a sunscreen at night.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Andy Warhol famously said that in the future, everyone would be famous for 15 minutes. She's just had hers...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |