Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Esther's Secret Serum & Masque
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I find this to be a lovely product line. The serum goes on silky smooth (it's a gel-like texture that glides easily on) & feels wonderful. I apply a light moisturizer on top (my skin is mature Rolling Eyes combination-oily) & it looks great. I especially like it when I wake up in morning because it makes my skin feel soft & smooth without a hint of dryness on my cheeks. Lately I have been drinking alot more water & using this serum & have been very shocked at the progress I've made. I can't see my deep wrinkles going anywhere yet but overall Esther's Secret Serum is a definite keeper & I think that the masque will help with that. Applying the masque takes a little getting used to but I can tell that over time it will also be indispensible. I have tried similar masques but this goes on alot smoother & doesn't pull at your skin when you put it on. I still hold my face taut in the area that I'm applying it but I've always done that with any product anyway. I'm sure that if you give both a try you'll be pleased as well.

Also...the delivery was quicker than the purchase took to appear on my credit card!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I should have re-read my post. My syntax leaves alot to be desired but the product is great. Embarassed
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Leslie....

So good to hear that the products working well for you. Very Happy

I find that after using it for almost 5 months now, there is a tremendous difference in my skin, especially the eyes! I had "hooded" eyelids when I started with the masque and serum, but they are at least 80% improved. I actually have eyelids that show now! Shock

I talked to a man in Virginia that was so impressed with his wifes appearance shortly after using the product that he has been using it. He was amazed at how soft his skin felt and said that it made shaving a breeze! I haven't been able to talk my hubby into letting me "masque" him yet. Laughing

I also talked with several others who are liking the product. I'll see if I can get them to post their experiences.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
marvelous, wonderful, brilliant. Since I have been using a brush to apply so much better than the horrible sticky fingers I had the first time I used. Crows feet virtually gone although I must say the relaxaline was getting rid of those but the mask has helped. With my much improved practising patience my smokers above the lip lines are alot less noticable and mouth to nose lines are diminishing. Skin feels nicer and overall my face looks more toned. So I give 10 out of 10.
lori
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Mum who is 72 and I used this for the first time on Sunday. What a face masque, I have never in my life had a face masque that is so tight, I was amazed. Mum has quite deep lines on her forehead and lots of little lines on her cheeks, these were far less noticeable. It seemed to lessen my lines around the eyes as well....Left both our skin feeling so soft and make up went on brilliantly...Obviously this is the first time we've used it but I cant wait to see the results after a few months...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Is this a tissue off mask or does it harden on the skin?

-Cheri
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:32 am      Reply with quote
It hardens on the skin, I've never felt anything like it, its great. You cant use a tissue to take it off, you have to soak your face in hot face flannels!

Mum said I should keep it on all time as it stopped me talking..mmmmm Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci, glad you seem pleased with the result so far. I would hate to recommend something that dissapointed you. I hope you continue to get good results.
Lori
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
mmmmmm I think I may have to put this on the shopping list Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading about this product with interest but I have a few questions that I am hoping one of you (or all) could answer.
What is the age group the products are targeted to? and did you use the serum as well,if so did you just add it to your regime or replace some products with it?
Thanks
Collette
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Collette
I don't know age group. Judy might but my guess is when you start to notice eyes jowling and lines appearing. At least I wish I had known about it before things became very noticable. Sad

I use the serum that came with mask on one side of face and ce on other so I can see which if either is making a difference. I also must confess I am still using relaxaline because I do feel that it really works. Very Happy
So the short answer is I have added it to my normal routine. Rolling Eyes
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Lori
Do you find the serum makes your face greasy??

I've been doing same as you, on one side using the serum and on the other using CE, and I've just incorporated my normal routine. For the past 2 days though the skin on the side of Esthers secret has been more greasy than the other side. Its probably my weird skin!!! Rolling Eyes I am impressed with the products though, gonna do another face masque tonight!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci,
I would say yes it is slightly greasy, but not enough to cause me to worry. By the time I have slapped sun screen on top which I do find greasy and then foundation, if I remember. My skin is back to normal.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Collette wrote:
I have been reading about this product with interest but I have a few questions that I am hoping one of you (or all) could answer.
What is the age group the products are targeted to? and did you use the serum as well,if so did you just add it to your regime or replace some products with it?
Thanks
Collette

Hi Collette....

I've been out of pocket, doing a tradeshow for 3 days, talking to people about Esthers Secret and Naomi.

As to age group, I personally have demo'd the product on skin from 22 years old to 82. All received some benefit, but younger skin reacts differently, of course, than older skin.

The key thing to know about Argireline (one of the active ingredients) is that not only does it help to lessen lines and wrinkles that you already have, it also helps prevent the creation of new lines and wrinkles. The way it does that is by inhibiting the snare complex (as Botox does) and relaxing "overactive" muscles that are responsible for the creation of lines and wrinkles.

So, if you're in your twenties and don't yet see lines and wrinkles, rest assured they are in the making, they just haven't become deep enough to show on top of the skin. Crying or Very sad So, it's never too soon to use at least the serum.

I find that the masque gives younger skin a more hydrated, smoother look and gives more mature skin a more hydrated and lifted look. In fact, I've seen a much more dramatic lifted look in mature skin with the masque, but, have also seen a very dramatic look in pore refinement in younger skin. Very Happy

As to whether the serum is used in addition to or as a replacement for other products, I would definitely say "in addition to" to enhance the benefits of other products.

I personally cleanse and then tone with a mineral product for preparation for the masque and serum. The mineral product works much like the "prep" product that Janson-Beckett has. I then apply the serum mainly to areas that have lines and wrinkles and then wait for 5 to 10 minutes just to allow the serum to do it's work, following with moisturizer. I do find that I don't need to use nearly as much moisturizer as I used to. Smile

One woman told me last week that she has quit using moisturizer, not needing it in addition to the serum. That might not be true for everyone, but is for some.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Lori

I've been doing same as you, on one side using the serum and on the other using CE, and I've just incorporated my normal routine. For the past 2 days though the skin on the side of Esthers secret has been more greasy than the other side. Its probably my weird skin!!! Rolling Eyes I am impressed with the products though, gonna do another face masque tonight!

Lori and Gucci....

You might want to try using a lighter hand with your moisturizer and be sure that you are waiting 5 to 10 minutes between the serum and any moisturizer. When I use the serum, it disappears right into my skin and I have a slightly tighter or firmer feeling, but never "greasy". Are you applying the moisturizer immediately after the serum?

I have combination skin, so I have always had a problem with my forehead becoming too oily. Because of that, I use only the serum on my forehead. I do use moisturizer on other parts of my face, but not the forehead. Shame on you

Any questions any of you have, please do feel free to ask them and I'll answer the best I can. Smile

JUDY

5% products discount

Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Lori

I found I no longer needed to use moisturizer after using the serum. I suspect it seems to cause too much moisture because the skin is regenerating to create its natural balance. The skin seems to go through a process of being too oily before balancing back to a healthy, younger skin. Everyone's chemistry is just a little bit different. Hope this helps.
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, yes I havent used any moisturiser since I started using the serum as I dont seem to need one now. I do have oily skin though.

Both Mum and me did the masque again last night, her skin feels absolutely wonderful, I hope when I get to her age my skin feels like that!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I dont need moisturiser any more either.Thanks for keeping us updated with advice Judy.
Lori
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am seriously thinking of purchasing this and am happy to hear everyones great results. My question is do people stop using their other products specifically vit C or any type of exfoliant products be it cleansers or day or night creams. Thanks for any feedback!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:16 am      Reply with quote
No, dont stop. use everything. You gotta attack ageing from every angle. I need all the products I can get. This is just my personal opinion. LOL.
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Loopylori. Do you use a vit c product or an exfoliant?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I use cellularskin vit c. I have nearly run out but I will be buying more because I like the way it makes my skin feel.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Gaby wrote:
I am seriously thinking of purchasing this and am happy to hear everyones great results. My question is do people stop using their other products specifically vit C or any type of exfoliant products be it cleansers or day or night creams. Thanks for any feedback!

The Esthers Secret Facelifting System is mean to complement other products you are using rather than replacing them. This will vary, of course, as in the case of moisturizer. I personally would continue using vit. C products as well as phyto products for help with things such as age spots, especially.

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy. Now I just need to order!!!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I've been "absent" lately, but my highspeed connection has been down for 5 days! Shock

We had a bad storm yesterday and they say that as soon as it quits raining and lightening, they will climb the tower and fix it, but thunder showers are predicted through Saturday. Sad So, I'm limping along on dialup, but while I'm on the 'puter, no one can reach me except by cell phone! Confused Oh, the challenges of technology.

So, if anyone has e-mailed me and not received an answer, believe me, it's not because I haven't tried! I've bothered the internet service so much, I may have to take them donuts to apologize! Laughing

JUDY

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |