Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
LED (Split from Quasar Thread)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello, MAcrisis, I'm eager to hear of your continued progress. I have the dpl. After 3 months or so, I now use it approx. 3 times a week. I like the results but, I'm always looking for something that will do MORE for me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hello, MAcrisis, I'm eager to hear of your continued progress. I have the dpl. After 3 months or so, I now use it approx. 3 times a week. I like the results but, I'm always looking for something that will do MORE for me. Smile

Mars: If you like the results from DPL and you only had it for 3 months, I'll suggest you to use it for few more months and then consider buying another LED machine.

I have Prolight Platinum, Quasar SP, Original LightStim, A multi-wavelength salon use LED machine (Red, Green, Blue, Amber, Infrared), Wonder Wand, 2 from heelspurs, and a "custom made" 623nm +- 5. If you asked me to pick only one from them (for Anti-anging purposes) I think I'll choose Prolight Platinum (I do not have Anti-Aging Lightstim.) I think Amber light is doing something extra. My melasma seems lighter lately after few months using it but I did not see any firming. Now I use Prolight Platinum 2x/week and Quasar SP 1x/week. From the "paper" Quasar generates 2.6 joules/cm2 and Prolight Platinum generates 4 ~ 7 joules/cm2 but Prolight only use continuous wave and Quasar has 2 pulsing mode (fast, slow, I don't know the frequency).

I always has a question: "On paper" Prolights generates more joules than Quasar but why the treatment time per spot Prolights suggested much longer than Quasar???

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis - ProLight Professional separate units treatment time per spot is 30 seconds, ProLight Platinum has mixed lights and recommended time per spot is 60 seconds. For Platimun time is longer to make up for fewer lights of each type (red + amber), while the total number of LEDs overall is the same. Is Quasar treatment time per spot less then 30 seconds?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
It's fair to compare apple to apple (2 red + 2 infrared, no Amber).

I think Quasar SP suggested 20 sec/spot. Prolight (Red & Amber) 30 sec/spot. But the joules Prolight generates (4 ~ 7, average 5.5) is more than twice as much as Quasar SP generates (2.6). Sorry, I know lots of you don't care the math but some of you do. (My major was computer science.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
It's fair to compare apple to apple (2 red + 2 infrared, no Amber).

I think Quasar SP suggested 20 sec/spot. Prolight (Red & Amber) 30 sec/spot. But the joules Prolight generates (4 ~ 7, average 5.5) is more than twice as much as Quasar SP generates (2.6). Sorry, I know lots of you don't care the math but some of you do. (My major was computer science.)

I like the math...keep it coming!! Smile

Editing to add: I am almost scared to ask this, but do we have anything that compares all these?

I started a comparison, but have been so bogged down with work that I haven't been able to finish it.

MAC and Mpstat - if either of you would like to add to what I have, let me know and I will be glad to send it to you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you MACrisis and Bethany! Very Happy I double checked ProLight Professional and the specs state 4 - 9 joules per cm2 per treatment, that averages to 6.5 joules. I do care about specs and math, and having scientific background I am comfortable with numbers and math. Also I think that technical specifications of the devices are essence of the devices, the same as ingredients for lotions, and make lots of sense for those interested. I am very much interested in Bethany's findings.

I posted a post What to Look for in LED Devices on ProLight Platinum thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=364926
You'll need to scroll down to see the post.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:13 am      Reply with quote
These posts have been moved from the Quasar Light thread. The Q thread is long enough. Lets try to keep the forum organized. Splitting a thread is not ideal. In the future I will consider cutting and placing the post in a PM for the author to place in the appropriate thread. The PM's I am receiving are of such quantity that this matter must be addressed. This thread is not solo.

Mars is directing a question to MACrisis. From what I see MACrisis had no recent posts in the thread.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I have decided to lock this thread. If your post should be placed in another thread you can copy and paste rather then retype. I have started a new thread: "How do I decide on a LED device?" Perhaps this will be a good place for gathered information.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |