Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How do I decide on a LED device?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I hope this new thread will give everyone a place to state their thoughts on the several LED devices discussed on EDS. LED is a hot topic. Unfortunately posts are being placed in the wrong threads. For instance the Quasar thread started going off topic to ProLight.

Here is a thread you can chat away ladies/gents. HTH's

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I am moving a couple of things over from other threads:

mpstat wrote:

What to Look for in LED Devices

Power Output
This is one of the most important factors.
Ask for output per square centimeter per second ( number of joules per cm2 per second).
Many companies give power output per entire device instead of unit of measure. Also they give power output per recommended treatment duration, not per unit of time. To compare apples to apples we need to speak in the same terms.
Note: The device should aim to deliver 4 - 9 joules per cm2 per treatment time. (Treatment time might vary, e.g. 30 seconds, 60 sec, 3 miute, etc. )

Power Output Range
Watch for red flags such as not realistic LED power output. Some companies provide unrealistic numbers that are more suitable for lasers, not LEDs.

730nm Range
Most LEDs devices operate in 600nm and 800nm. NASA studies included 730nm rage. Look for devices that include 730nm LEDs.

Specifications Availability
Look for the manufacturers that readily post the devices technical specifications on their web sites. Those that do not do it might have reasons not to share the specs.

Number of LEDs
Number of LEDs is not as important as the power output, since the LEDs themselves vary from one another. Do not pay that much attention to the number of LEDs.

Treatment Time
Longer treatment time per area indicates a less powerful device. Look for a short treatment time duration per treatment area.

Distance from the Skin
The closer device to the skin, the better.

Country of Origin
USA made devices preferred to China made devices.

Visual Luminosity
A simple way to determine if the device performance is really way off is to look at it. The LEDs when turned on should be luminous, if you can look at the LEDs without much disturbance to the eyes, chances are the device is not a top performer.

Red/Infrared
Red/Infrared LEDs have deeper tissue penetration, and good for collagen/elastin production, and tissue healing. Do not expect red/infrared devices to do much to skin pigmentation.

Amber
Amber LEDs have shallow skin penetration, and good for skin pigmentation treatments, such as sun damage. Do not expect amber devices to do much for collagen/elastin production, and tissue healing.

Mixed Red/Infrared/Amber Devices
Professional oriented devices usually are limited to one type of the LEDs, either red/infrared or amber. Consumer oriented devices tend to have mixed lights. The type of a device is really a preference. Those who are need more performance from a device might be better off with separate LEDs, while those looking for more convinience, and not wanting to joggle between two different types of the devices might be satisfied with mixed LEDs devices.

Skin Preparation
Although some advise on applying lotions prior to LED treatments, professionals normally do not do it. Usually in spas treatments are done on clean skin to get the most benefits from the LEDs. Apply LEDs to clean skin.

FDA Approval
FDA approval does not guarantee LED devices effectiveness. Do not sweat over FDA approval.

If anyone wants to add anything to the summary, please feel free to do so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:46 am      Reply with quote
First I tried the DPL, but ultimately did not like it because I wanted more flexibility from my LED device--IMO, the panels of the DPL are hard to use anywhere but face and neck, and I wanted to be able to use it particularly on my decolletege. It's not efficiently portable, either...again, just MO. It's a little bulky. Excellent customer service, however.

I then tried the Baby Q because the Dermawand head was so small and no one had heard of Lightstim yet.

I upgraded to Quasar SP because it has a bigger treatment head and thus cuts down on treatment time. I LOVE it...it has added something to my routine that was missing. Everything just looks better. It is possible to overdo it with the SP, however, and if you do you know it. Your skin gets a bit of the "uglies" in the same way that CP's can provoke the uglies...tired looking, maybe a bit droopy. But if you back off and don't treat for a little while, everything tightens up and brightens up and looks better than before. Could be that this "stressing" of the skin and then backing off is how progress is made with photorejuv/Quasar family.

With all the recent chatter on the forum about amber lights, I may also invest in something with amber lights in the future. I'm going to wait and see how that subject develops.

Hope that helps someone who is on the hunt for a photorejuv device! Very Happy

Edited to add: thanks, Bethany, for corralling that great info in the previous post!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
With all the recent chatter on the forum about amber lights, I may also invest in something with amber lights in the future. I'm going to wait and see how that subject develops.

The SP does have amber light as well as the Baby. I recently confirmed this with AT as I was also intrigued with all the anti-aging chatter of amber. I agree that we can overdo it with led. I never got the uglies but my skin got dry. What was I thinking using it almost daily. Rolling Eyes

Like you I am so happy I found this type device as it has done wonders for this aging face.

Off to work I go. I hope this thread meets the posting need of our forum members.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Quote:

The SP does have amber light as well as the Baby. I recently confirmed this with AT as I was also intrigued with all the anti-aging chatter of amber.

Winnie, apparently the amber wavelength is not quite amber enough....it is amber-ish, but not true amber. I will let MACrisis respond to that further.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Here are links to the DRAFTS of the comparison charts of the various LED units. I had to break them down into 2 pieces to get them to display, and I am also going to post a 2nd link for each pic in case you can see that one better.

Please note that there is some missing/unvalidated information, and I am happy to revise it if someone can just tell me what needs to be changed.

Please keep in mind that I have no connection or alliance to ANY seller or manufacturer of any of these products. My only interest is in making it easier for people to choose based on what is important to THEM. For some it may be power, for others it may be length of trial period, etc. YOU pick what is important to YOU.

http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/39690/2738121910033880849S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb51.webshots.com/12402/2498498730033880849S600x600Q85.jpg

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
I found the following info in Dermawave vs Quasar thread, posted by James:
Quasar SP & Baby Quasar
12 Red & 12 Infrared
Red (632 & 660) Infrared (880 & 950)
Technically 632 is amber(ish)

I believe 590nm is Amber, Amber not Amber(ish).

Quite right about the amber, 590 through 610 actually. Anti-Aging LightStim has 600 I believe.

I wrote to Quasar Light Thereapy regarding amber lights in the 'BQ', and received the following reply from Alex;

{Amber light has been available with the Baby Quasar since its launch. If
you look carefully, you'll see there are two different types shades of red.
One amber and one red.}

Alex
Quasar Light Therapy www.babyquasar.com
1-610-650-8899

I can tell you one thing for sure though, there is absolutely no mistaking the 'amber' light. The 3 different light colors are quite apparent in my AALS, (invisible, amber + red,) I actually had to look at it from a few feet away, and it still bothered my eyes. (I would equate it to back in the day when the camera flash was on, and you saw spots before your eyes for a while afterwards.) I also have the Original, which is quite clearly red + infrared. Although the original is extremely bright, it's not at all as bright as the AALS..

I also wrote to Joni + Steve, the owners of LS, for permission to post their specs regarding wavelengths. The reason many times companies choose not to advertise certain things, is so the competition doesn't get the advantage of knowing where to start, without having done the work.

If you use the contact info at; http://www.lightstim.com they will be glad to talk to you about specs privately. I had no problem in that regard!

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Has anyone been following the home unit to be jointly developed with the maker of Gentlewaves and Loreal?

I am wondering how this will change the LED landscape from a competition standpoint. This is probably an area where we will see manufacturers leapfrogging each other with new developments, and we could end up buying a more advanced unit every couple of years.

Quote:

Clichy, Wednesday December 12th 2007

L’Oréal, the world’s largest beauty company, and Light BioScience, LLC, of Virginia Beach, Virginia, leader in the medical research of LED (Light Emitting Diodes) Photomodulation® have signed a scientific collaboration agreement for the development of skincare devices using Light BioScience’s
proprietary skin rejuvenation technology. The agreement also provides for future worldwide marketing by L’Oréal of professional devices already developed by Light BioScience to reduce the visible signs of aging.

Light BioScience produces the GentleWaves® LED Photomodulation® medical device, used by
physicians and medical spas around the world to reduce wrinkles and improve skin. LED
Photomodulation® is a non-invasive technology which stimulates the skin using low intensity LEDs. This gentle method of skin rejuvenation with light has been shown to be safe and effective and the technology is protected by numerous patents.

Jean-François Grollier, L’Oreal’s Executive Vice-President Research and Development, said: "We have decided to pool our in-depth knowledge of skin and Light BioScience’s unique expertise in Photomodulation® to offer consumers a new and complementary approach to skincare." With this aim in mind, L’Oréal has just created a Development Unit for instrumental cosmetics inside its Research and Development Division.

Rick Krupnick, Chief Executive Officer of Light BioScience, and David H. McDaniel MD, the physician who developed the scientific theory behind Photomodulation® added, "We are very excited about this agreement: we can take advantage of the support of the world's leading cosmetics research force to jointly develop some new and highly promising applications in skin devices."

bethany wrote:
Interestingly, the Gentlewaves unit uses yellow LEDS. The very last line in the 2nd quotes looks like they have patented this, so I guess this explains why we don't see yellow in any of the other offerings...maybe amber is as close as competitors can get?

Any why haven't other sellers patented other wavelengths?

Quote:
"Many competing LED devices for treating wrinkles and photoaging use red LED rather than the yellow LED of GentleWaves. We’ve tested both colors and found yellow light to be superior for collagen stimulation and wrinkle reduction.” http://www.mededge-inc.com/Select020106A.pdf

Quote:
1. Why do most other LED products offer Red and Blue LED systems and GentleWaves uses 590nm Yellow?

Red: This is the original LED technology where NASA scientists did studies and documented that Red LEDs can aid in wound healing. Red LED light over time can stimulate some changes in the skin. It is documented that Red LED light can stimulate vasodilatation in the skin which promotes blood circulation and increases the Oxygen levels in the skin. This increase in blood circulation can, at times, help promote a very small amount of new collagen production but primarily help oxygenate the skin.
“The level of new collagen production from Red LEDs is minimal and would never be enough to prove or show benefits in wrinkle reduction!!!”
Almost all Red LEDs if FDA Cleared are Cleared for Wound Healing or Pain Management, not for the treatment of Wrinkles or Collagen Stimulation like GentleWaves
At GentleWaves, we set out to directly stimulate collagen producing fibroblast cells, not to just help oxygenate the skin. All of our lab test with Red LEDs did not result with direct fibroblast activity and most displayed negative effects on collagen production.

Blue: It is documented that Blue light in the 412nm range can help in the destruction of
P.acne bacteria. The ClearLight system from Lumenis was the first Blue light system to be FDA cleared for the treatment of Acne.
Using Blue Light alone to treat acne is not a cure and most Dermatologists have stopped offering Blue light alone to treat Acne. The Blue light protocol is sitting in front of these Blue lights for approx 20 minutes per treatment and the patient needs about 15 to 20 treatments at 2 or 3 per week for many weeks.
Blue light is for mild to moderate Acne only and will only offer short term results even after weeks of treatments. Most physicians are now using a topical drug (Levulan) along with light stimulation (PDT or PhotoDynamic Therapy)) for a much better result on treating Acne.
Blue Light alone is a very week treatment for Acne with many treatment necessary with short term and minimal results

1. Intellectual Property
At Light BioScience, we currently own several key patents on using our proprietary Pulsing Yellow LED light for the stimulation of Skin cells. Our science and technology is unique and we will defend our patents and intellectual property worldwide.

2. LED Photomodulation:
We did not settle with old science using Red LEDs that were developed for wound healing. Dr David McDaniel wanted more than just nourishing the skin with added Oxygen production. Our science is about using light to stimulate cellular activity not just to warm the skin for a short term benefit as with Red LEDs. Our LED Photomodulation science is about the direct stimulation of fibroblast activity to produce new and measurable amounts of Collagen to promote wrinkle reduction and better skin appearance.

3. Pulsing Technology:
Our science to promote cellular activity is much more than just 590nm Yellow LEDs! There are many key elements to how LED Photomodulation triggers a response in the Fibroblast cells. The proprietary pulsing sequence is a very important component of how GentleWaves works. This is not a random pulsing, as is now being used by many unscientific LED manufacturers! Our pulsing algorithms are well documented and several Peer Review published articles are in circulation that discusses this exciting breakthrough science.

Bottom Line:
Light BioScience owns the technology of using low level light to stimulate cellular activity.
All other LED manufacturers are just copying Old Science and do not have the resources, lab facilities or scientific knowledge to produce their own new technology.
www.trangomedicals.nl/studies/98/LED%20Comparison%20Final.doc

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Maybe, as James said, "Technically 632 is amber(ish)" But from my eyes (I know they're not as good as when I was in my 20's), when I turn on Prolight Platinum with 590nm, it is AMBER and Quasar is RED. I have a custom made 632nm LED machine, It's very bright, but when you see it you'll say it's RED not amber. And 632nm - 590nm = 42nm. That made a big difference in wavelength.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...we should have some additional data coming over the next couple of days from multiple sources. I will be traveling for work Tues/Wed, but will update the document as time permits.

Each time the document is updated, the old links will go blank and new links will be uploaded.

But feel free to chat away in the meantime! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
FDA Approval
FDA approval does not guarantee LED devices effectiveness. Do not sweat over FDA approval.

FDA approval is personally important to me. I feel comfortable using such device. From my understanding a LED Device used on the body must be registered with the FDA. When I received my SP I liked giving my female family members treatments. My niece, who is a doctor was very caution until she investigated what was being placed on her face. This is what I was told:

The reason the FDA is important is that practically anyone can slap some led's together with an on/off switch and call it a therapy device. Without FDA manufacturing controls one cannot be certain about the electrical safety of the device or the type and degree of radiation being put into the skin. Technically, all devices used on the person are considered by the FDA to be medical devices and the manufacturer must register and submit an application for a 510k. Failure to do so will result in FDA action against the company which could include shutting down, a recall of all products sold, and restitution of monies paid by the consumer.

http://www.fda510k.com/eng/WhoNeeds510k.asp

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, great chart!!!! Please make a change. The Baby Quasar has a five year warranty.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
bethany, great chart!!!! Please make a change. The Baby Quasar has a five year warranty.

Winnie, it looks like there are multiple sources of info on that.

Example: This link says 1 year: http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=34835&procid=50&catid=1245

However, I was just able to find it here:
http://www.babyquasar.com/warranty.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
It is possible to overdo it with the SP, however, and if you do you know it. Your skin gets a bit of the "uglies" in the same way that CP's can provoke the uglies...tired looking, maybe a bit droopy. But if you back off and don't treat for a little while, everything tightens up and brightens up and looks better than before. Could be that this "stressing" of the skin and then backing off is how progress is made with photorejuv/Quasar family.

Yubs, how frequently were you using yours in order to get to the "overuse point"....every day? Every other day?

I am shooting to use mine every other day (or about 3x week since I will miss a day here and there), and I would rather learn from your experience right up front!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kiddies; Just chiming in to say that additional Anti-Aging LightStim info will be forthcoming.. And as soon as I receive it, bethany said she will update it in the chart.

I sent an email to Joni + Steve (owners of LS), and requested that they share some 'spec' information, that I could post in this thread for ya'll.... Here is her reply;

Hi Kathy,

We got your emails - thank you so much - We have had an extremely busy Monday! So much expansion and exciting things going on! I will get some information back to you by Wednesday at the latest!

Hang in there!

Kind Regards,

Joni
LightStim™ International, Inc.
Years Off Your Looks Only Weeks Away

XXXXXXX(I deleted her personal email here)
Toll Free: (800) 298-4010
Local/International: (714) 602-2412
http://www.LightStim.com

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I also have more info coming from MACrisis and Mpstat...I am going to update and post everything all at once because it is rather labor intensive to do it multiple times.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to chime in and reiterate, that there is no guess work needed to identify the "amber" lights in LS.. They are clearly a gold/amber color and extremely intense. It absolutely causes spots in front of my eyes if I look directly at it from 2 or 3 feet away..

I believe this is also the case for the Pro Light Platinum device. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

If the Quasar lights are just looking "amberish", and the wavelength isn't between 590 + 610, how can you guys be sure about it?

When you turn on the BQ or the QSP exactly what are you seeing?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, another thing you might want to add to your chart is how long will the unit last before the lights go out so to speak..

All 3 LS models will last 100,000 hours. Peter + Alex from AT told me the Q's will last 10,000 hours. I believe I heard the same for Pro Light, so perhaps someone can confirm that.

MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
If Anti-Aging LightStim used 600nm then it's Amber enough. Prolight used 590nm. Most LEDs has +-10nm tolerance. When Prolight Platinum is on, You can see Red, Amber. But when Quasar is on you see maybe different shades of Red (632nm, 660nm)but definitely NOT Amber

All LEDs have long life. My company sells LEDs for cars and most of time the LEDS are still good but other parts broke down first. I don't really think 10,000 hours or 100,000 hours makes any difference. Sounds like 100,000 is 10 times of 10,000. But think about this: 10,000 hours / 365 days = 27.40. It means if you used it 1 hour every day, it'll last you 27.4 years. If it's on 24/7, it'll last you 416.67 days = 1.14 year. Will you use it one hour /day for 27.40 years?? JMO

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI...since we have lots of new info coming, I took down the old charts. I wouldn't want anyone making any kind of decision based on inaccurate/incomplete info.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
UGH!!! The hours add up quite fast for my poor LightStim devices, several of my friends and family like to try it out every chance they get when they come over.. Rolling Eyes

My lights definitely get a workout for more than just my skin.... I use it for my arthritis and shattered knee, and I also share it back and forth with my son who has MS and is trying it out on the severe muscle spasms he gets. As soon as we narrow it down to which model works best for him, I'm going to treat him to one of his own.

So yeah, I guess I'm glad to know it will be a very long time before I need to replace it.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Bethany, another thing you might want to add to your chart is how long will the unit last before the lights go out so to speak..

All 3 LS models will last 100,000 hours. Peter + Alex from AT told me the Q's will last 10,000 hours. I believe I heard the same for Pro Light, so perhaps someone can confirm that.

Let's hope the lights stay strong for even 10,000 hours. Meaning, not weaken in strength, power, etc. which will minimize results.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Rita55 wrote:

,...when a company tells you that their light has received FDA clearance,..what that generally means and happens majority of the time-meaning 90% of the time, is that the company will submit their paperwork to the FDA and showing that their light device is "substantially equivalent" to something out there already in the market.

Companies do this all the time because if they had to show clinical studies it would cost a ton of money and takes a long time,...and companies do not want to do this. They want to get their product out to consumers as quick as possible to make money.

If a company can show that their light is "equivalent" to another light out their already in the market place that has gotten clearance, then they can get clearance on their light from the FDA. It happens all the time. FDA clearance does not mean the company had to submit studies to show that their light system works...only that its safe, and labeled properly. And quite frankly, the FDA does not ask the companies to submit studies either.

FDA approval is another whole ball game. FDA approval requires extensive studies and time and money. That is what you see with drugs coming to market.

So the questions is...is there really any new technology if every one claims to be equivalent to some other light? All this information is on the FDA website.

Majority of companies who sell LED lights get them from China. They private label it and claim to make it. That is why you can pay a few bucks and get them cheaply. Its the Walmart way of life. It becomes available to the masses. Cheap product with cheap components. And some people are happy with that. It fits their budget.

These are the things that no one EVER wants to talk about.

Rita

Rita55 wrote:

With regards to the FDA----and this is directly from their site:

Establishments involved in the production and distribution of medical devices intended for marketing or leasing (commercial distribution) in the United States (U.S.) are required to register with the FDA. This process is known as establishment registration.

Registration of an establishment is not an approval of the establishment or its products by FDA. That is, it does not provide FDA clearance to market.

Misbranding by Reference to Establishment Registration Number: Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Section 807.39, states, ...

"Registration of a device establishment or assignment of a registration number does not in any way denote approval of the establishment or its products. Any representation that creates an impression of official approval because of registration or possession of a registration number is misleading and constitutes misbranding."

Product labeling and Internet sites cannot reference your establishment registration number or make reference to your establishment being registered or approved by FDA. [i]If your product labeling or Internet sites list your establishment registration number or makes reference to your establishment being registered and approved by the FDA, then these references must be removed.

Rita

Rita55 wrote:

Subpart E--Premarket Notification Procedures
Sec. 807.97 Misbranding by reference to premarket notification.

Any representation that creates an impression of official approval of a device because of complying with the premarket notification regulations is misleading and constitutes misbranding.

FDA action on a premarket notification.

(a) After review of a premarket notification, FDA will:

(1) Issue an order declaring the device to be substantially equivalent to a legally marketed predicate device( meaning a device that is already on the market that has received clearance);

(2) Issue an order declaring the device to be not substantially equivalent to any legally marketed predicate device;

Advise the applicant that the premarket notification is not required. Until the applicant receives an order declaring a device substantially equivalent, the applicant may not proceed to market the device.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Quote:
Yubs, how frequently were you using yours in order to get to the "overuse point"....every day? Every other day?

I am shooting to use mine every other day (or about 3x week since I will miss a day here and there), and I would rather learn from your experience right up front!

bethany, IMO it probably depends upon the person. I've found that after using quality skincare products for a while I now respond differently to use techniques and frequency of use of these products than I did when I started with them. Or maybe it's just because I've gotten older. heh

But whatever, I don't need/don't like to use actives as frequently as I used to. For example, I don't need to use hydroxy acids nearly as frequently as I used, and ditto for my CP's. Acids are now once per week as long as they are compatible with my other actives, whereas I used to do them 3x/week or even every night. CP's are now 2-3x per week regular strength serum instead of twice daily SuperCP. I've found that after a certain point of piling stuff on my skin, it begins to look tired and my routine begins to become a chore rather than something I enjoy to "bee-yoo-tee-fie" myself. Laughing

And when those things happen I know it's time to back off. After I back off for a little while, I bounce back better than ever. It's happening right now, in fact...I overdid just a tad with the Quasar (for me that's a full session every other day on Continuous wave for a couple of weeks), but I haven't used it for about four days and now I'm perking up again. My boss even commented on it, and let's just say she can be quite sparing with her praise on anything, let alone my skin. Laughing

I think the one rolling session I did may have contributed to the overstressing of my skin on this go-round, too, but since it's happened before with the photorejuv, and since it seems to follow the same pattern, I'm chalking the improvement up to backing off light therapy a bit. But I know you roll, too, so I thought I'd throw that out there. With the rolling in the mix now I will be a little more observant than usual regarding what feedback my skin sends me. Wink

So, does that answer your question? Basically my advice is just to listen to you bod and pay attention to what it tells you. If every other day on the Quasar is doing you good, then stick with it. If you start to look tired or get tired of doing it, lax off for a bit, and resume when things improve.

HTH!!

Edited to add: Just want to make sure everyone understands I think the Quasar has done me a tremendous amount of good. The "laxing back" is something I've had to do with all my actives/treatments at one time or another, to combat my penchant of overdoing everything. Rolling Eyes Laughing Not just skincare.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Basically my advice is just to listen to you bod and pay attention to what it tells you. If every other day on the Quasar is doing you good, then stick with it. If you start to look tired or get tired of doing it, lax off for a bit, and resume when things improve.

That makes total sense!!!

I have to say that LED definitely works for me...even after a rotten flight (including a kid near me puking all over himself), a loooong day and the client, and an even looooonger dinner, I still got a compliment on my skin tonight! Woo hoo!

And since I am stuck in a hotel room yet again, I am going to spend some quality time lighting up the "girls" in an attempt to firm them up too! Very Happy My test the other day had no bad side effects, so I am going to do a more intense treatment tonight!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |