Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

if dark circles are caused by hyperpigmentation...then??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
i think my dark circles are caused by hyperpigmentation because they are like a light brownish color.. what can i use to make them lighter? do i need to see a dermatologist for a cream? i was out in the sun a lot this weekend and i see my circles look worse now
normally when i use dark circle creams it doesnt do much and sometimes makes them look worse.
on marsen's notepad it says to use a sunscreen high in ppd but can i use any sunscreen for my eyes? any recomendations?
another problem i have with using sunscreen on my eyes is it makes my circles greyish which looks even worse under make up! Smile
also, a normal GP doctor had once told me she thinks my circles are cause of allergies so i have been using a Natura(natural product) hay fever nose spray for a few days and i dont see any difference??

any thoughts?? i'd really appreciate your help for a neverending problem
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Are those pigmentations like brown spots? And you when you stay under the sun, you will notice they will immediately get more obvious?

I met such a girl with this problem before. That is due to the vulnerable defense to UV light, and almost impossible to be cured. Her method was to avoid sun all the time, with umberalla and sunglasses.

To answer your the other question in another thread, I do know there are some eye creams with spf in it (usually 15). However, I heard some reviews saying that because of the special property of eye regions, those sunblock won't stay long and kinda very harmful to eye contour. Besides, those eye creams with spf are not very good one, you can see that most people are using some eye creams without spf. So a sunglass is a better idea...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
oh so will sunglasses help?
my circles are like a light brown shade so i read in another forum that when they are brown in shade as opposed to blue then they are probably caused my pigmentation..
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure whether you have the same issue as my friend. SHe actually got a lot of brown pigments like spots on her face, in the dark, those pigments are just light brown, however, under sunlight, they will suddenly become dark brown and very obvious. She said that was due to hypersensitive to UV light, so she did a lot of sunprotection. And always avoiding direct contacts to sunlight is the best way.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention that her skin is not that white, and all the pigmentations are not so obvious in the dark, they just spread all over the face. Under the sunlight, those pigments will suddenly become obvious and some new pigments will come out. However, her face did not get red under the sun.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
hmmm.. my skin tone is pretty fair (sorta like persian skin) definately not white but fair! Smile
i dont have any other pigmentation on my face.. only the dark circles although when i do breakout.. even after the pimple is gone my skin stays red there for months!
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
myztic wrote:
hmmm.. my skin tone is pretty fair (sorta like persian skin) definately not white but fair! Smile
i dont have any other pigmentation on my face.. only the dark circles although when i do breakout.. even after the pimple is gone my skin stays red there for months!

I don't quite understand your skin. But I am sure there is something to do with sun damage (stays red for months!). I think sunglasses are definitly much better than a sunscreen. Try to wear sunglasses for a few weeks and see if your problem is solved, then you will know it is a sun damage proble. After this try, you can decide whether you would like to spend some money on spf eye creams.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |