Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Which skin care line?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Linda

Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
My head is spinning with all the choices in skin care products. How can I decide which brand(s) and treatments would be best for me? It's terribly expensive to try things at random; can you give any guidance? I'm 52 years old with mildly sensitive skin (react to some products, not to others) and looking for the classic anti-aging, hydrating, firming that you would expect at my age. I've used Opticell, Perricone and Pevona product lines at various times. Last but not least, I need a fairly simple, quick routine. Thanks for your help.
Luanne

Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Linda - Have you ever tried Mary Kay Products? I am a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. Mary Kay products have been around for 40 years, and are in the tope 5 in the Country. Our policy is try before you buy. If you have any questions, or would like to talk further, please email me at lchilcote@marykay.com
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 20, 2002 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Try the Elizabeth Grant line. Its extremely hydrating. Theres an am and pm serum, eye serum and all based on torricelumn. See elizabethgrant dot com.
Sally
5% products discount

Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
What about Juvena? I personally think their Juvena juvenanca line is fab! It is anti-aging and hydrating. Have a look at the fluid cleanser, day and night concentrate and the vitamin mask. Their prices are affordable. However if you can afford the cellcosmet try anti stress mask and ultra vital (if you're very sensitive there is a sensitive ultra vital). The mask however is trully amazing, your skin will feel so silky.
dlbk

Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I looked for the Cellcosmet Anti Sress Mask and don't see it listed. Is it available from Essential Day Spa?
Magda

Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
We have all Cellcosmet products on our shelves. We just added Anti Stress Mask to our website. We will add rest of Cellcosmet products soon.
julian

Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:23 am      Reply with quote
No offense, but it sounds like you are using this forum to push Mary Kay. Products sold using pyramid schemes, such as MK, are lower quality than inexpensive, dermatologist-recommended basics like Cetaphil or Neutrogena. I'm new to this site, but I choose to spend a decent amount of money on products sold and/or recommended by Essential Day Spa. I look forward to using this forum to gain information on worthwhile products I know are worth my money. Shame on you for trying to use an upscale skincare forum for a product that to me represents pushy salespeople invading one's time/space at a grocery store check-out line. Sorry to be harsh, but I just thought your "advice" was transparent and tacky.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Excuse me? Upscale skin care doesn't necessarily mean its better. I doubt if skin would know the difference anyway. I'm here to discuss ALL skin care, big or small. Very Happy
JAT

Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Her point was that INexpensive products are better than Mary Kay.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Right I got that. But that was not the implication.
Caspers Mum

Mon Apr 14, 2003 11:10 am      Reply with quote
This forum is meant to be a pleasant exchange of information for our clients, not for others to send argumentative messages to & from other parties. Please, let's keep it friendly on our Forums!Very Happy However, though we welcome all opinions of skincare, bear in mind that this site was not intended for soliciations from independant beauty advisers.
Anita

Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
For the person inquiring about skin care for dry, mature skin: I have been impressed by a line called Dr. Denese. I first obtained a sample kit from a shopping network, but have since found it on the net. My skin is sensitive, too, but I've had nothing but positive results with the moisture seal. My daughter is a Mary Kay consultant, but the products made my face uncomfortable and caused my eyes to swell shut.Smile
JpScorpio

Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by julian
No offense, but it sounds like you are using this forum to push Mary Kay. Products sold using pyramid schemes, such as MK, are lower quality than inexpensive, dermatologist-recommended basics like Cetaphil or Neutrogena. I'm new to this site, but I choose to spend a decent amount of money on products sold and/or recommended by Essential Day Spa. I look forward to using this forum to gain information on worthwhile products I know are worth my money. Shame on you for trying to use an upscale skincare forum for a product that to me represents pushy salespeople invading one's time/space at a grocery store check-out line. Sorry to be harsh, but I just thought your "advice" was transparent and tacky.

Mad
Uhhh... did you say Pyramid scheme??? Don't make me mad... Do your research, lady... Mary Kay is not a pyramid.. it is dual marketing... and there is a huge difference!!!
There is nothing wrong with her stating that her opinion of Mary Kay is high... and offering a chance for the original poster of this thread to possibly visit her website to research Mary Kay products...
Get off your horse!
I, too am a consultant affiliated w/ Mary Kay and do not see anything wrong with mentioning this in an innocent way.
Lighten up..
I didn't see you throwing swords at the Elizabeth Grant, Juvena ladies...
Grow up.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN MARY KAY INFORMATION...
:P VISIT LUANNE at: lchilcote@marykay.com
or: www.marykay.com/lchilcote

You don't need Julian's permission to do so! Very Happy

:P
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

I have to agree that I'm tired of hearing about Mary Kay. It's great that you are a rep, but if someone was looking to purchase Mary Kay, they would not be looking on this webiste. And I've seen you reply to just about everyone who asks for a recommendation with your Mary Kay suggestion. This is not the place to look for customers.
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:50 am      Reply with quote
In fact, I am tired of this entire, stale debate. Enough ....
JpScorpio

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ok... COLEEN..
I said to my associates that I wouldn't waste my time on poopy people like you... but you are staining my cheerios yellow...

I dare you try to find 1 other place I have posted on this forum and mention it.. Don't say what you can't back up...

GO LOOK AT MY PROFILE YOU PIE HOLE!
I only posted once..!!!
Don't be accusing me of "selling" or "advertising" for Mary Kay on numerous occasions when you know d-w I haven't.... GET YOUR STORIES STRAIGHT>..

Now, I know you are probably just a housewife who has nothing better to do than to bi*ch and complain and that if you had the chance, you'd pee on everyone's cheerios, but you need to go clean your toilets or something cuz you're showing your true love for bull sh*t.

I can't wait to see my post be ripped off this forum, but at least I got my say in so others can view it and laugh at you...

You're pathetic!

Go put some moisturizer on ... before you get any older... You'll need it if you're gonna waist your time on this computer trying to crap on other people's day...

Get a life, wrinkle girl!
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Now little girl (Jscorpio)

let's not get immature and nasty.

Mary Kay would be quite ashamed to be associated with you, you know. If you are not careful, you may get struck off.

Let's be civilised and professional. In case you bark and bite again, I am not a housewife..but nothing wrong with being a housewife anyway.

Getting nasty will only make you look old. Life is too short....
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:21 am      Reply with quote
To Jenny - think of it this way - you are not the Forum Police, just let people have their own little bit bitch and whinge. I have attached one of your replies to one of my whinges - we all let of steam occasionally don't we......

UK Custom charge

Well, think of it this way - in total, you were supposed to have 6 shipments, and you have to pay a total of 42 sterling pounds - which actually averaged only 7 stg lbs only each shipment. You should not have rejected the shipment. Plus, think of the cost savings you might have had cos you ordered at better prices from EDS so far....
Caspers Mum

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:55 am      Reply with quote
NOW. And I mean it. And as a moderator on this Forum, I would like to reinforce just how petty this whole post has become. I would like to ask each and every one of you to quell the urge to post venomous, demeaning replies to others' arguements. Everyone has a right to their own opinion(s), however, when one feels the urge to spew condescending, nasty (essentially) SPAM at back & forth, I request that you ask yourselves, "Whose needs am I meeting by saying this stuff?" and "Does it really matter anyway?" Truly.

And if that doesn't work, I welcome you to borrow my recently new personal motto. I have borrowed this from famous guru Kenny Roger's lyrics to "The Gambler": "You gotta know when to hold `em, know when to fold `em, know when to walk away, and know when to run ....."

Have I made my point? Good. Now ignore others' who have offended, bless them, and let's get this Forum back to where it should be!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |