Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body Powder Suggestions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:15 am      Reply with quote
I remember the body powders that came with a large puffy (or fluffy) thingy to put them on with. Do they still make these? I don't like shimmer or talc. Is this a fragrance aisle item? Thanks for your help - I can't even find a big puff.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I remember the body powders that came with a large puffy (or fluffy) thingy to put them on with. Do they still make these? I don't like shimmer or talc. Is this a fragrance aisle item? Thanks for your help - I can't even find a big puff.

Leslie....

You may be showing your age with that description. Shock Like you, I remember those fondly. I know that Avon used to carry that type of body powder, and Mary Kay as well. Do they have the equivalent of "Dime Stores" or Ben Franklins where you live. That's where you used to be able to find them too.

Oops! I think I just showed my age. Embarassed

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think LUSH has some of those, they're refered to as Dusting powders. I haven't tried them so I'm not sure if they have the big puff

lush.com

Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
oh..it's under the fragrance section..under fragrant items. I can tell you that karma is a wonderful scent!!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
You're right about being a "certain age" to remember a childhood comfort that I thought may have gone away with "Evening in Paris" (bty that particular item is back & on the Sephora shelves Laughing ). Actually I think it was my mother? grandmother? that told me about the powder Rolling Eyes We go to Florida for January I'll look around there, too.
I will try the fragrance isles as well because a few years back now I remember purchasing a dusting powder by Ivoire de Balmain & I used every last bit of it.
Thank you!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I happened to be at a Market Days in my town today and stopped by the Mary Kay booth to pick up a few items. I love the blonde brow pencil and their Flawless mascara. Also love that old "pink night cream" to use on my feet at night with socks. Makes you feet so smooth the next morning.

Anyway, I thought of you and they had a dusting powder in a mitt. I think those items generally come out around the holidays and aren't available all the time.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Benefit still makes some dusting powders. But it's true that they are generally found in the fragrance section, not the make-up section.
em
5% products discount

Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:31 am      Reply with quote
oooooh i love body powders! Very Happy got the silky underwear and candy fluff from Lush Very Happy the silky underwear is my favorite. it doesnt come with the puffy thingamaling tho, i buy it myself from cheap stores and empty the powder in the tin and fill it up with Lush powder Very Happy Very Happy works a treat! makes me feel posh Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I've been tempted by the Lush Silky Underwear powder for a while now. It gets really good reviews on MUA. I also really want to try the Dr Hauschka one as well. The only problem is that I'm not much of a body powder person (that I know of). What are they actually supposed to do? Doesn't the powder come off on your clothes when you get dressed?
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I was wondering that too!!!
em
5% products discount

Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I use it after a shower before bed, so it doesnt matter if i get white patches everywhere, but i have found since using the puff (as opposed to hand) that there's less white patches Laughing best to use a puff tho otherwise it'll get cakey and leave white marks on ur skin, plus it minimises waste! i find that it makes ur skin that bit softer and silkier with powder on, pat it under ur armpits is especially good on a hot day! Wink
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I like to use body powder in the hotter months because it keeps my clothes from sticking to me. I particularly like to apply the powder on my inner thighs so they don't stick together. If you have big thighs you know what I mean.Embarassed

-Cheri
em
5% products discount

Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4, i think everyone sweats between their thighs regardless of whether big or small in summer! Laughing i have sweat coming in all directions - thighs, bum, hands, face in summer, and it feels icky Mad but i still love summer!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
em wrote:
phredd4, i think everyone sweats between their thighs regardless of whether big or small in summer! Laughing i have sweat coming in all directions - thighs, bum, hands, face in summer, and it feels icky Mad but i still love summer!

OK Cherri.... now we're even because now I have a picture in my mind of you puffing that powder between your thighs. Very Happy Hmmmm, I haven't decided whether to give you big thighs or not. Better be nice to me. Bad Grin

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:18 am      Reply with quote
em wrote:

Em,

I guess I should have explained myself better. Yes everyone probably sweats between their thighs, but only the ones with BIG thighs rub together when you walk. The body powder makes the area silkier thus the rubbing turns to a smooth glide. Smile Less friction! Does that make sense?

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:30 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
OK Cherri.... now we're even because now I have a picture in my mind of you puffing that powder between your thighs. Very Happy Hmmmm, I haven't decided whether to give you big thighs or not. Better be nice to me. Bad Grin

JUDY

Ok Judy I've lost 53 lbs (yay low carb!)so please picture me with thinner thighs. Not thin, mind you, but thinner. Let me know how I look! Smile

-Cheri
aka ThighsthatGlide
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
phredd4 wrote:
JudyMarshall wrote:

JUDY

Ok Judy I've lost 53 lbs (yay low carb!)so please picture me with thinner thighs. Not thin, mind you, but thinner. Let me know how I look! Smile

-Cheri
aka ThighsthatGlide

Oh my goodness!!!! You are one HOT CHICK! Laughing

JUDY

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:43 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:

rofl

Em - I'm going to Lush on Friday (for that launch thing) and I might pick up some of this powder. It'll be that powder or the 'T for Toes' one for my footsies Smile Btw, where do you get the big puff? You said that you buy it with powder from cheap stores. So should I be looking in like the body powder 'section' of Crazy Clark's or something like that? TIA Smile

Mabsy
em
5% products discount

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Big W should sell some Mabsy. I dont recall they sell any in The Reject Shop or Crazy Clarks though, defintely in Big W. Or in Priceline, the Sugarbaby brand has one, but the powder is in the puff and its glittery Confused . Big W has the cheapest ones by far. I think around $5.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
em wrote:
but the powder is in the puff and its glittery Confused

That's what the Mary Kay people that I talked to said too, in the puff and glittery. Guess that's the thing now.

JUDY

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Em! Didn't end up buying the Lush powder though - I couldn't quite justify it. Still tempted by the Dr H one but I think I'm just not a body powder person...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |