Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Another Toy - Ultrasound???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
So has anyone decided to venture into Ultrasound? I have noticed a number of 1, 3 and 5mhz units on the market as of late, and have been reading that they can help with exfoliation, getting products to penetrate deeper, and also fat loss. Shock

Any experts here? I would love to hear your opinions!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I have 2 different ultrasound devices that I'm going to have to dig up. Frankly, I really wasn't that impressed with ultrasound but I'm going to try the 302 skin care line and they recommend it. Eh, I don't know. I really like my LED better. Confused
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lil, what mhz are your units?

I have a friend with 2 professional units, and he said I can try one out...but I may not if I don't see some good feedback here.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Facemate which is 1 and 3 mhz and another 1 mhz only unit. I know there's a Facemate thread on this forum... maybe someone else got better results than I did. I'll probably pull the things out to try with the 302 products... if I can remember where I put 'em! Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to look up the Facemate thread...thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Well, I got my 3mhz Ultrasound today...it was $180 directly from the manufacturer and 21st Century Skincare, but I got the identical model (HS-3040)for $85 new from a beauty supply house on ebay.

I am going to be trying it out with my 302 topicals tonight. I figure if I am paying for these topicals, I may as well try to get the in there as deep as possible! Very Happy

BTW, the esthetician who is advising me on this fun stuff suggested that you can:

- Use the ultrasound for penetrating actives right after rolling (which will increase peeling), OR

- Penetrate actives with ultrasound the next 2-5 days after rolling to minimize peeling (that means you do not use any actives right after rolling)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, what is the name of the ultrasound machine you are experimenting?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
lol...it doesn't have a fancy name...just the HS-3040.

This is the US distributor who sells them for $180...his name came up with EVERY professional I discussed ultrasound with.
http://www.skinspatula.com/Massagers.htm

And here is where I bought mine from:
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-MHz-Ultrasonic-Facial-Body-Beauty-Appliance-New_W0QQitemZ9525565440QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11862QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I used the ultrasound machine, and it is about as climatic as rubbing your face with the back of a spoon. Rolling Eyes

I could at least tell it was working due to a little bit of heat (very little, actually) and a very slight noice when it was on High.

However, the "made in Taiwan" instructions left a bit to be desired. I have NO idea how long I am supposed to rub this around on my face to accomplish enhanced product penetration.

If anyone with an ultrasound could weigh in here with some advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany:

I have few ultrasonic machines, 3:1 MHZ, 1:2 MHZ. All of the 1MHZ said you can not leave the probe more than 1 sec on one spot. You need to keep on moving the probe. But the 2MHZ one (Avant) you can leave it on you face between 1 ~ 3 sec depends on the area. And 3 of them has a 10 min timer. So I gues 10 min is the treatment time. 1 only has ultrasonic, and 3 of them has ultrasonic & ion +/-. Ion + is for cleaning and ultrasonic and Ion - are for helping absorb actives.

I really like my Avant Ultrasonic machine. It came with Vit-C, Collagen, and Conducting gel. Both my husband and I I use it daily for 10 min. He paid for it and I gave him facial in return. He loves it and he said he can tell it's making improvement. Yes, I do enjoy this one much more than my other 3.

Remember you need to use conducting gel and water soluble skin care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Bethany:

I have few ultrasonic machines, 3:1 MHZ, 1:2 MHZ. All of the 1MHZ said you can not leave the probe more than 1 sec on one spot. You need to keep on moving the probe. But the 2MHZ one (Avant) you can leave it on you face between 1 ~ 3 sec depends on the area. And 3 of them has a 10 min timer. So I gues 10 min is the treatment time. 1 only has ultrasonic, and 3 of them has ultrasonic & ion +/-. Ion + is for cleaning and ultrasonic and Ion - are for helping absorb actives.

I really like my Avant Ultrasonic machine. It came with Vit-C, Collagen, and Conducting gel. Both my husband and I I use it daily for 10 min. He paid for it and I gave him facial in return. He loves it and he said he can tell it's making improvement. Yes, I do enjoy this one much more than my other 3.

Remember you need to use conducting gel and water soluble skin care.

MAC, thanks for the scoop...mine has a 10 min timer as well. I did keep the head moving, but I only did it for maybe 2 mins because I was scared to over do it. Embarassed Maybe I'll try it for longer this evening.

BTW, for any others reading this thread, I have read repeatedly that 1mhz is for the body only (it goes far deeper than the 3mhz waves).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I might not have felt that my brief encounter with the ultrasound and my 302 Lightening Drops did anything, but 1.5 hours later my face is tingling! Shock

I think I'll take that as a good sign... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Note to Self: Remove Protective Cover BEFORE commencing with treatment. Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed

But once I removed the cover, I did each area for 2 mins this time...it has a 1 minute interval beeper.

This has to be one of the MOST boring tools EVER. Very anti-climatic. But hopefully it will work....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Note to Self: Remove Protective Cover BEFORE commencing with treatment. Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed

But once I removed the cover, I did each area for 2 mins this time...it has a 1 minute interval beeper.

This has to be one of the MOST boring tools EVER. Very anti-climatic. But hopefully it will work....

Bethany:

Don't tell me you did not remove the protective cover and did the treatment!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree with you that ultrasonic machine is THE most boring tool. No light, no vibration, no twitching, nothing, you only feel the probe. Avant generates more heat than my other ultrasonic machines and the other end vibrates while you do peeling (exfoliate). At least you feel something is working.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany:

Don't tell me you did not remove the protective cover and did the treatment!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

I agree with you that ultrasonic machine is THE most boring tool. No light, no vibration, no twitching, nothing, you only feel the probe. Avant generates more heat than my other ultrasonic machines and the other end vibrates while you do peeling (exfoliate). At least you feel something is working.

You are correct! I did a 2nd treatment this evening with another topical, and FORGOT to take the cap off. Laughing

Fortunately I discovered it after about 5 mins, so it could have been worse, lol. I decided to chalk that up to a nice facial massage, and then started over! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

LOL, about that cover... I did the same thing Laughing A regular ultrasound probe is very boring. The only thing you notice is heat. The ultrasound spatula is a little more "entertaining" in that you have 2 modes, one for exfoliating and one for pushing topicals in. If you use brush water on your face and do the exfoliation you see the mist of water bouncing off your skin and there is an immediate response, you see your skin's circulation increase and your skin feels like silk afterwards. It's a great way to loosen blackheads and get the dead skin off without irritation. I read about the spatula in a professional forum, specifically the Bellaire models and they were all ga ga over this gadget. So I HAD to have one and got it last July. Anyway, something to think about for Christmas Very Happy .

There is some training video about the spatula on the Bellaire website. I haven't seen it, but you may be interested Wink

http://www.skinspatula.com/products.htm
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I used ultrasound facial massager but it did't work...at all..wasted my money.. Mad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
bethany wrote:

LOL, about that cover... I did the same thing Laughing

Boski, I am glad to know that I'm in good company! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Boski, do you use the conducting gel with the skin spatula or are you able to use it with just your 302 products alone? TIA!! Very Happy
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Boski, do you use the conducting gel with the skin spatula or are you able to use it with just your 302 products alone? TIA!! Very Happy

I only use the 302 products when I concentrate on my acne scars with the ultrasound. I will put a dab of 302 serum or super serum on my scars and then use the ultrasound on it. But you can always put a conducting gel on top of the 302, especially if you are doing your entire face.
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Can you use water or the recovery plus for a conductor for the whole face? Just asking because I HATE the way conducting gel makes my face feel! Embarassed The spatula looks like a neat little gadget to add to my already overloaded arsenol, though!! Wink I have a regular ultrasound massage device but I really need the gel with it. The spatula looks like a different sort of animal, though!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Can you use water or the recovery plus for a conductor for the whole face? Just asking because I HATE the way conducting gel makes my face feel! Embarassed The spatula looks like a neat little gadget to add to my already overloaded arsenol, though!! Wink I have a regular ultrasound massage device but I really need the gel with it. The spatula looks like a different sort of animal, though!

The spatula is a dual purpose animal. It's really great for exfoliating but can also be used to push topicals into the skin. If you are just exfoliating with the skin spatula, water is fine. Another method that I have used is to apply an enzyme mask (pumpkin or papaya for example), leave it on for a few minutes, than brush warm water over the peel a small section at a time using a fan brush, then use the exfoliating side of the spatula to scrape off the watered down peel. It takes 2 hands and some coordination, but it really exfoliates very well. But don't do this more than once every 2 weeks. I think once a month is fine.

If you are "pushing" a topical into the skin, a lotion or gel is best. Water just doesn't have enough body to it to conduct well. If the recovery plus is a lotion or gel, that might be a good thing to use. Just try it out and see...and report back your findings Very Happy
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Alrighty then! I ordered one of these nice gadgets to play with and I already have the recovery plus which has a sort of gel like consistancy so as soon as I get it I'll clue y'all in!! UGH... I need to get a life!! Rolling Eyes
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be interested to hear how it works as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:

Lil, I got a reply from Dr. Huber on using ultrasound with 302 products:

Quote:
Your ultrasound device usage depends on the watts output per sq cm and that is often not provided by the manufacturer. I am going to make a guess and suggest you use it a few times per week, not daily and limit the usage to under 10 minutes on the face. A 3 mghz machine will not penetrate greatly but it will help in keeping skin toned and facial muscles tight (a very nice face lift effect).

You do need to keep the area moist at all times when you use ultrasound. You can use the Cleanser, the Drops, the Mist, or just spray water. But if you go dry, you will heat up the skin and may cause sensitization. Keep it moist. You do NOT need to use any products supplied with the machine. Often these supplied gels are not right for the skin and much too expensive.

If you find yourself wanting a gel, you can pick up Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel for about $2 a quart. It has nothing in it and that is good. Aloe vera is not desirable by the way, it can easily cause sensitization, but Banana Boat has been nice enough to put almost nothing in their product. But, I really think that by the time you ultrasound in the Drops and add some Mist or sprayed water to keep it moist that is enough.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |