Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review for 100% Pure products.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I recently ordered from this place:

http://www.100percentpure.com/index.htm

I got the grapefruit body cream, the caffeine eye cream, and the moisturizing balm. Shipping was free since my order was over 50$.

I've heard of the caffeine eye cream before, it gets a lot of good reviews and that's what got me interested in this line. All the products are formulated with a lot of vitamin C and vitamin E, and I liked that. I e-mailed them on what's the difference between the body cream and the moisturizing balm and I got a really quick response that the balm is very thick, it's pretty much a solid butter and is meant for very dry skin. The body cream is meant to be used everywhere, including the face.

So I got it. Out of all the products, I'm least impressed with the balm, but that's because it's not really meant for me. It smells nice but it is actually pretty much a butter. I'll use it up but probably won't repurchase.

The grapefruit cream- this is great! They have all kinds of creams with different formualtions and I got the grapefruit one just because I love the smell of grapefruit. I definitely don't intend to use this on my legs, it's too good for it! It's light, moisturizing and sinks in well. It's obviously too early to tell what affect it has on my skin, but so far so good. I'm intending to use this as a night cream on my face, chest, and hands. Looking at it that way, it's a great value for a moisturizer. I'm really looking forward to trying other creams next time- I want to try something like chocolate, but I'm too afraid that I'll be tempted to eat it.

The eye cream- the caffeine in it is supposed to promote circulation and diminish large circles. At this point, even if it doesn't do anything besides moisturize, I already love it. It feels really nice and it smells absolutely delicious.

Organic Pink Grapefruit Nourishing Body Cream

Ingredients: Organic Pink Grapefruit Hydrosol, Organic Cocoa and Avocado Butters, Organic Cabernet Grapeseed, Blackcurrant, Pomegranate and Acai Oils, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Lavender Honey wax, Organic Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil, Extracts of Cherry, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Blackberry and Grapefruit Seed, Natural Food Preservatives derived from Cranberries and Salt (less than 0.1% Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Sorbate)

Net wt. 7.5 oz / 213 g US $17.00

Organic Healing Moisurizing Balm

Ingredients: Organic Butters of Avocado, Shea and Almond, 15% Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), 15% Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Organic Blackcurrant Oil, Organic Cabernet Grapeseed Oil, Sea Buckthorn Oil, Organic Green Tea, Rosemary Extract, Organic Lavender Essential Oil

Net wt. 1.7 oz / 48 g US $25.00

Organic Coffee Bean
Caffeine Eye Cream

Ingredients: Organic Green and White Tea, Blackcurrant Oil, Organic Green Coffee, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Chamomile and Lavender wax, Pure Vanilla Absolute, extracts of Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, Grapefruit Seed and Golden Seal

Net wt. 1 oz /30 g US $19.00
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this great review! I know what you mean about the body cream. I have it in Nectarine (LOVE the slightly sweet, juicy scent) and I am so thrilled with it. It sinks in quickly and makes my skin so silky. I have been using it as a daily hand cream and it has made my hands and cuticles look so nice that my friends commented and asked what I've been using so they could buy it too. I just ordered the Nectarine scrub so I will be sure to give you guys a full report when it comes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it's a great hand cream! Hands age as much as the face, so I want to take care of my hands too. I have really dry hands if I don't make an effort to moisturize, it's because we wash our hands all the time. I also really love that it's in a pump bottle. Do you use it on your face? If not, why not?

manslayerliz wrote:
Thanks for this great review! I know what you mean about the body cream. I have it in Nectarine (LOVE the slightly sweet, juicy scent) and I am so thrilled with it. It sinks in quickly and makes my skin so silky. I have been using it as a daily hand cream and it has made my hands and cuticles look so nice that my friends commented and asked what I've been using so they could buy it too. I just ordered the Nectarine scrub so I will be sure to give you guys a full report when it comes.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I like the moisturizing balm more than I did initially. I liked how moisturizing it was and how my face was all glowy this morning. I think the caffeine eye cream did do maybe a little bit for puffiness and dark circles, or it could be my imagination.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
A fun BTW: I just read yesterday that in a test regarding scents, men were introduced to women wearing grapefruit scent and women wearing no scent. The men consistently rated the women wearing the grapefruit scent as being 5 or more years younger than they really were. The men put the non-grapefruit-scented women at their real ages.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
A fun BTW: I just read yesterday that in a test regarding scents, men were introduced to women wearing grapefruit scent and women wearing no scent. The men consistently rated the women wearing the grapefruit scent as being 5 or more years younger than they really were. The men put the non-grapefruit-scented women at their real ages.

I was thinkinh of just that study when I ordered it! That grapefruit is the sexiest scent somehow. I definitely don't need to be younger, but a sexy subtle sensory suggestion can't hurt. Smile

(Yes, the alliteration was on purpose)
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
I want to add that the body cream is not as moisturizing as either the balm or the eye cream. The balm is definitely most moisturizing, and I like it a lot more now. I guess I really like super moisturizing products. I was just put off that it's a solid and that it's in a jar, I prefer to avoid jars whenever possible. Although it is initially solid, it does melt in my hands and sink in surprisingly well, it doesn't just sit on top of my skin at all.

The grapefruit cream is actually quite light and sinks in quickly. Unfortunately, the yummy fragrance doesn't last... But that's ok, that's probably because it's all natural and not artificial.

Oh and it doesn't say in the ingredients but on the website it does say that all the body creams are formulated with 15% Vitamin C and 15% Vitamin E. The vitamin C is the oil soluble kind, which is supposed to be more effective than the water soluble kind. Vitamins E and C are really good together, based on my research. Vitamin E is supposed to help Vitamin C absorb better if I recall correctly. I don't use a vitamin C serum so this makes me feels good that I'll still be getting vitamin C topically, hopefully it's enough to matter.

All the other body creams are not just different scents but different formulations also. I really want to try more... I want to try all of them! I'm going to have to make myself use up what I have now before ordering more, which will be tough.
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the lip glosses?
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your detailed product review. Unfortunately, not all natural products deliver good results no matter how many natural ingredients they have. I tend to avoid using thick creams on my skin as they can clog pores even if they're made form all natural ingredients. I like to use very light moisturizers that are liquid rather than creamy.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
jones10021 wrote:
Thank you for your detailed product review. Unfortunately, not all natural products deliver good results no matter how many natural ingredients they have. I tend to avoid using thick creams on my skin as they can clog pores even if they're made form all natural ingredients. I like to use very light moisturizers that are liquid rather than creamy.

I think it really depends. By the way, I don't really buy into the "natural is always better" hype either. I tried Juice Beauty and except for the blemish clearing serum (which I can't live without) I wasn't impressed. The green apple peel is good, but I can live without it and it's overpriced. I think this stuff is a lot better than the Juice Beauty stuff, and it's also much more reasonably priced. If anything, I'm more likely to lean towards scientific formulated stuff rather than the all natural. My favorite brand is probably Dermalogica, but I can't afford that much of it.

The body cream is really light, and it's meant to be a facial moisturizer although the name is "body". There's other formulations too, there are some aloe vera based body creams too.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I know that I can buy 100% on Ebay and some other e-tailers but I'd like to know if there's a counter/store in the UK that sells it? I saw 100% sold in Selfridges but they didnt have the coffee bean eye cream that I want to sample
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 3:37 am      Reply with quote
what about their cream blush and lip tint? anyone tried any of those? Thanks!! and their skin care product as well? such as the pineapple enzyme?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Yeahyeah, I think Selfridges is the only store that stocks 100% Pure in the UK. I know VictoriaHealth which is also UK based sells the products too, but they only trade online I think. Perhaps you could email them for a sample?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm joining this thread a bit late in the game, but Manslayerliz got me TOTALLY addicted to 100% Pure products so I just had to chime in!

I agree about the body balm -- I find it to be oily and thick like a butter, but not as moisturizing as most butters. So a real dud compared to their other products. But I ADORE their body lotion! I have it in the coconut fragrance, and I swear I smell like a macaroon cookie fresh out of the oven when I put it on. Soooooo yummy!

I have a couple of the lip glosses now, as well as one cheek stain and one concealer. The concealer I was less impressed by, but that's a tough product to get perfect when you only offer three shades and one type of formulation. (Plus, I've been pretty happy with my MMU concealers.) But the glosses are fab, as is the cheek color.

Let us know if you ever get around to trying other products! I have a bunch of bath gels that I love, and I'm hoping to someday try out their mascara. QVC keeps having 2-for-1 specials of it, but you can only get two of the same color, and I just want to hear an EDSer's opinion before I take the plunge. Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the coconut fragrance is absolutely delicious - unlike any other coconut fragrance Drool That said, I have the body cream but I find it doesn't keep my elbows soft through out the day, unlike the Ecco Bella lotion from WF that I've really liked.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I know that Ecco Bella lotion you mean, and it is AMAZING!

Have you ever tried any other fragrances from 100% Pure, tjsmom? I'm dying to sample more, but I want to make sure they're good since they all seem to be quite... potent! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Yeahyeah, I think Selfridges is the only store that stocks 100% Pure in the UK. I know VictoriaHealth which is also UK based sells the products too, but they only trade online I think. Perhaps you could email them for a sample?

Thanks for letting me know Sel. I checked out the VictoriaHealth website and Shock the eye cream is £20, totally over my budget on an eye cream. I'm happy with the DHC I'm using, but cos this 100% has coffee to help with puffiness, it got me curious but I cant justify for spending £20 on an eye cream.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
If it helps your decision, it's a 1 oz eye cream, vs. most eye creams are .5 oz. Although, I'm realizing how lucky I am to get free shipping... And 20£ is bit more that the 19$ I paid for it...

yeahyeah wrote:
Sel wrote:

Thanks for letting me know Sel. I checked out the VictoriaHealth website and Shock the eye cream is £20, totally over my budget on an eye cream. I'm happy with the DHC I'm using, but cos this 100% has coffee to help with puffiness, it got me curious but I cant justify for spending £20 on an eye cream.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been wanting to try the 100% Pure products too, but the prices are almost double here to what they are in the US, which really puts me off.
Everytime I've enquired about shipping costs from US sites for the products they're always so expensive too...
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Aw, that's frustrating! Next time I'm in the UK, maybe we can see about doing a CP or something. Because not only is our shipping cheaper, but your prices in pounds are our prices in dollars! I'd be happy to help you Brits with a CP now, but something tells me the international shipping will still be a royal pain (no pun intended). PM me if you'd like to look into it though. Smile

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've been wanting to try the 100% Pure products too, but the prices are almost double here to what they are in the US, which really puts me off.
Everytime I've enquired about shipping costs from US sites for the products they're always so expensive too...

Sel, have you looked atwww.chocolatelotus.com ? It's been a while, but I vaguely remember that they ship internationally for a fairly reasonable price. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I know that Ecco Bella lotion you mean, and it is AMAZING!

Have you ever tried any other fragrances from 100% Pure, tjsmom? I'm dying to sample more, but I want to make sure they're good since they all seem to be quite... potent! Laughing

Ginnielizz, I also ordered the body cream in fuji apple (smells fresh, crisp, strong - just like a fresh cut apple), nectarine (soft peach fragrance, smells real), and tangerine (crisp and citrusy but not as strong as the real thing).

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Mmm! I have the shower gel in Fuji Apple (totally agree, and I don't normally like apple-scented stuff but I like this), Pink Grapefruit (less punchy than my old favorite SLS-laced Body Shop grapefruit-scented gel), Strawberry Lemonade (smells EXACTLY like it sounds -- my favorite), and Organic Nectarine (again, don't normally like peach flavors, but this is divine!). And of course, my lotion in Coconut that smells like a fresh-baked macaroon.

manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Mmm! I have the shower gel in Fuji Apple (totally agree, and I don't normally like apple-scented stuff but I like this), Pink Grapefruit (less punchy than my old favorite SLS-laced Body Shop grapefruit-scented gel), Strawberry Lemonade (smells EXACTLY like it sounds -- my favorite), and Organic Nectarine (again, don't normally like peach flavors, but this is divine!). And of course, my lotion in Coconut that smells like a fresh-baked macaroon.

Isn't it funny about the scent thing Ginnielizz? When I got a sample of the Nectarine body cream I was pretty much positive I wasn't going to like it since I usually don't go for peach-scented products. They usually smell all syrupy and kool-aid like to me, blech!! (Jaqua, I'm looking at you!) So, 100% Pure's Nectarine fragrance was a really nice surprise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I even liked the sample of pineapple that I tried, and I hate hate HATE artificial pineapple! I honestly think I could be friends with any scent that company comes up with -- they're so darn good at it! THANK YOU once again for turning me on to them, Liz! Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |