Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
UGloGirl lipgloss: has anyone tried this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I am very happy with my UGloGirl mineral make-up and was thinking about ordering more.

Does anyone have any experience with the UGG lipgloss (or lipsticks) and if so, did you like the products? I wondered whether I should add them to my order.

Thank you.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry lips and found them drying. The other problem I encountered is that i seem to like plum colors, so then my blush was plum, some of my eye shadow was plum and my lipstick was plum. did I look like a plum!
I have gotten Julie Hewett lipsticks and they are absolutely sensational.
So in a nutshell, unless your lips are oily, use other lipstick. The UGloGirl eye shadows were very nice, though, as was the Mineral makeup itself.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, ya Myamax! I use the U Glo minerals too and I LOVE their Lip Glossimers. I have extremely dry lips that are always peeling no matter how much I scrub & moisture them and can't wear normal lipsticks because of it Sad . These are great because they are really slick feeling going on but have nice color and have pretty darned good staying power for a gloss.Wink

I believe I heard that their mineral lipsticks were more drying and it seems that they quit selling them, maybe for that reason? I heard on mmm that they were aware of the problem and were reformulating.

Anyhoo, you can't go wrong with the lipglosses. The ingredients are really soothing and nice. They are all pretty but my HG is the Bombshell shade. It's a warmer pink with gold sparkles. I also have the Goddess, which is more peach. Next I will try the Supermodel. They are kinda addicting and smell really good too.

Hey existentialady...you are so funny about the Plum thing...that really made me laugh! I can't wear plums though so I envy you!

Are the Julie Hewett lippies all-natural? If possible could you list the ingredients. Thanks!

Heather Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
doodlebug,
Are the UGG glosses wax free? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi BluesHeart, they do have organic beeswax listed on the ingredients.

HTH!
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
thanks Ladies! I will give the UGG glosses some consideration...as well as look into Julie Hewett as I have heard others remark how much they like that line of products.

I really like this board, everyone is so informative!
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, doodlebug, I don't have the ingredients for the Julie Hewett lips, but I know they have camellia oil in them and feel very natural. There is a long thread on them here on EDS. I wouldn't have believed that there could be such a difference in a lipstick (haven't tried the gloss), but there really is. They are fantastic. Everyone who has tried them has loved them.
havana8

Sun May 04, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
doodlebug wrote:
Are the Julie Hewett lippies all-natural? If possible could you list the ingredients. Thanks!

Julie Hewett Noir Lipsticks
Ingredients: castor oil, caprilic/caproc triglyceride, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyl hydroxystearate, lanolin oil, ozokerite, beeswax, phenyl trimethicone, candella wax, microcrystalline wax, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides (and) hydrogenated palm glycerides, carnauba wax, grape seed oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate), camellia oil, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance. May also contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, carmine, d & c red # 6,7,21,27,30 aluminum, calcium, barium, talc lake, d & c yellow #5,6 aluminum lake, d & c orange #4 aluminum lake, fd&c blue #1 aluminum lake.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
existential lady wrote:
Sorry, doodlebug, I don't have the ingredients for the Julie Hewett lips, but I know they have camellia oil in them and feel very natural. There is a long thread on them here on EDS. I wouldn't have believed that there could be such a difference in a lipstick (haven't tried the gloss), but there really is. They are fantastic. Everyone who has tried them has loved them.

Not everyone. *sigh* I love the colors but I find them drying and I have too much money invested in L2K to use them often. But like I said, beautiful colors. I'm fond of the Nude.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
doodlebug wrote:

Julie Hewett Noir Lipsticks
Ingredients: castor oil, caprilic/caproc triglyceride, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyl hydroxystearate, lanolin oil, ozokerite, beeswax, phenyl trimethicone, candella wax, microcrystalline wax, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides (and) hydrogenated palm glycerides, carnauba wax, grape seed oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate), camellia oil, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance. May also contain: mica, iron oxides, titanium dioxide, carmine, d & c red # 6,7,21,27,30 aluminum, calcium, barium, talc lake, d & c yellow #5,6 aluminum lake, d & c orange #4 aluminum lake, fd&c blue #1 aluminum lake.

Aw..Shucks! I was hoping they were all-natural. I am trying sooo hard to go all-natural but finding an all-natural lipstick that is NOT drying seems to be impossible. Glosses are great but sometimes it's nice to have a true lipstick, kwim?

Thanks though, I'll still check these out! Smile
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
existential lady wrote:

Not everyone. *sigh* I love the colors but I find them drying and I have too much money invested in L2K to use them often. But like I said, beautiful colors. I'm fond of the Nude.

Oh, thanks Bluesheart. My lips are totally dry, beyond help, lol, but I am a big sucker for Nudes so maybe I'll have to try just that one first. UGG had non-natural lipsticks for their last collection. I got the Beige de Girly (it is a great nude) and it was surprising very creamy and non-drying for a lipstick. I still ended up putting a gloss over it though, just because it's a habit. I love the color though, you'd think all nudes would be the same but some can make you look so good and others can make you look like a corpse! Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Doodle, you might want to go to the Hewett website as the Nude Noir is not a normal Nude. LOL. If that makes sense. I find it a lovely natural color and people always remark on it but it's not your average nude. Also, try the Lumiere website, they have a product called Lumi Lips that are only jojoba oil. I like them.

ETA that the only non drying normal lipstick I've found is the Stephane Marais.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Doodle, you might want to go to the Hewett website as the Nude Noir is not a normal Nude. LOL. If that makes sense. I find it a lovely natural color and people always remark on it but it's not your average nude. Also, try the Lumiere website, they have a product called Lumi Lips that are only jojoba oil. I like them.

ETA that the only non drying normal lipstick I've found is the Stephane Marais.

Cool, thanks Bluesheart! I will check out the Stephane Marais and the Nude Noir, that sounds pretty! I tried the Lumi Lips but didn't have much success with the Lumiere products in general. I found the texture to be a tad bit gritty and no luck with the color. Again, the downside of buying online and not being able to sample. Sad BUT I do love lippies so the search continues... Very Happy
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone else had trouble receiving product from Uglogirl? I placed an order over a month ago and I have still not received anything! She told me the package was scanned enroute on the 13th of April, but this is getting ridiculous...
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Julie Hewett makes two different formulations, the Noir lipsticks and a sheerer collection, the Bijou lipsticks. They're creamier and nicer feeling than the Noirs, I think.
elmoparis
5% products discount

Mon May 26, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I went to purchase some things from UGLOgirl website. Everything seemed normal, I was prompted to put in my credit card info, but at the top there was a message saying they weren't open for business, and orders were for testing purposes only.?? So, I got afraid and didn't order. Maybe I will try again tomorrow, I know they have been doing some work on their website.
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
elmoparis wrote:
I went to purchase some things from UGLOgirl website. Everything seemed normal, I was prompted to put in my credit card info, but at the top there was a message saying they weren't open for business, and orders were for testing purposes only.?? So, I got afraid and didn't order. Maybe I will try again tomorrow, I know they have been doing some work on their website.

That doesn't sound right. Maybe try e-mailing Melissa, she would probably want to know if there is a problem. I do know they were closed for a few weeks, up until the new site opened on the 26th, but the newsletter I got said they re-opened on monday for orders. What time on Monday? That I'm not sure about.

I have things placed in my cart and everything looks to be okay but I haven't put the order through just yet, I still can't decide on what to do about that manuka honey gel..full size, or sample. Are you going to try this? Please let me know if you are able to order okay. I will let you know as well, if ever I can make up my mind. Only 2 more days, pressure, pressure! Laughing
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Dahli wrote:
Has anyone else had trouble receiving product from Uglogirl? I placed an order over a month ago and I have still not received anything! She told me the package was scanned enroute on the 13th of April, but this is getting ridiculous...

Hi Dahli, gosh, that stinks. I've never had a problem with receiving my packages within the normal time frame but I live in the states, are you out of the states? I've heard from a canadian friend that it can take forever to get her UGG stuff with the customs...like an extra week or so ontop of the shipping time itself. I think she said it was like a month! That's crazy! If it helps, I do know that for awhile they've had a much longer processing time posted on their website (the old one) due to high order volume. I would say that after ordering I would get my package in about a week to a week and a half. Never longer then 2 weeks but shipping to me was Priority (2-3 day mail) and so most of the wait was the processing time. I hope you get it soon. I have no patience for waiting for new products so I sympathize with you. Especially UGG goodies, they are so worth it!

BTW - with the sale, I am so getting those new lippie colors..I'm breaking away from the nudes this summer and the Coral Fixation has my name written allover it! Laughing
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Doodlebug! You're right, I am in Canada, and it sometimes takes forever, but in the case I had ordered from two other vendors and they arrived so much quicker!

The good news? It finally arrived yesterday.Smile
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dahlie ~ that's a relief! I know a lot of non-us ladies from the forums buy from the states but I would be so afraid of buying something from out of the country. Yikes, I would be a nervous-wreck and the wait would kill me!

So what did ya get good? Anything I should try? Today is the last day for the sale and I'm still trying to make up my mind! Laughing

Hugs,
Heather
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |