Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Active FX - has anyone tried this yet?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I had a free consultation with a physician yesterday who did my botox. He told me to consider Active FX just for the eye area. With the 30% off coupon, it's going to cost $700. I might go for this around Labor Day weekend. (My botox should be gone by then, too.) He said it would require 4-5 days out of the sun, so I'd have to stay indoor until the sun is down. The results should be immediate, and there'll be collagen buiding from that, too.

Anyone has tried Active FX yet? If so, please share your experience.

I'm seriously considering this. The cost is about the same as Radiesse, but the results should last longer. I know it's a whole diff ball game since Radiesse is a filler, and Active FX is a laser treatment. And I don't think they can put any hard filler in the eye area. But I don't want to go for both filler and laser treatment. The active FX is supposed to get rid of hyperpigmentation issue, too, in addition to skin tightening.

I wonder if Active FX works on the same discipline as the LED device like the Anti-aging LightStim or Quasar.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Active FX is very similar to Fraxel, which didn't do much for me at all after 4 treatments.

BTW, the downtime on Fraxel is known to be FAR more than they advertise, so I would assume A FX will take some time to heal as well.

Here is a comparison between the two:

Quote:
Active FX and Fraxel comparison from Alexander Rivkin, M.D.

Currently, Fraxel is better at treating acne scars and Active Fx is better at treating fine lines, especially around the lips and eyes. They will both shrink pores and eliminate brown spots quite well, but Active Fx does have the advantage of being one treatment, as compared to the series of 3 to 5 treatments that Fraxel involves. Pricewise, Fraxel treatment is about $1000 per session, whereas Active Fx is about $3000 (prices will vary according to location, of course, I'm just quoting my own prices here). The downtime is about the same. Although you will be swollen for a day more with Active Fx (about 3 days) and you have more peeling in the short run, you are red for a total of less time about 4 days with Active Fx, compared to a week with Fraxel. Neither treatment should be done on darker skinned individuals, although there is more leeway with the Fraxel. I have successfully done Fraxel treatments on dark African skin, but I would not currently use the Active Fx on skin darker than Asian.

http://www.realself.com/question/how-does-active-fx-laser-treatment-compare-fraxel-laser-treatment

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany. Wow, the swelling and redness don't sound very attractive to me at all now that I think about it. I am not very pain tolerant. I wonder how I'd be able to handle this. I remember screaming at the technician who was trying to tattoo my eyelids for her to stop. She visibly jerked when she heard me scream, and told me to never do that again. Embarassed Luckily she didn't poke my eyes out.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Good ole YouTube on Active FX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BaP7z4QwRI

If anyone is interested in this procedure at all, this video is just amazing!

Here's another video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atRa_E2e6jw&feature=related
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
This looks great. Really. Wow. How much is this?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
This looks great. Really. Wow. How much is this?

Hi Sherry,
I think prices vary depending on where you live. From this particular doctor I am considering using, just for the eye area, it's going to cost $1000 without a coupon. I have a 30% off coupon from them, and so I'll have to try to save $700 between now and Labor Day. His price seems pretty cheap.

I was googling on active fx, and saw that other women were paying anywhere from $2500 to $5K but they got their entire face done.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Here're some stories about active fx I found on google:

http://cw11.empowereddoctor.com/story_1051.html

http://www.realself.com/blog/activefx_laser_surgery.html

And this one seems like a real story from a real woman (not a sales rep) plus there're comments from other women:

http://hollyhodder.typepad.com/moment_magnitude/2006/10/active_fx.html

ETA: After reading this story and her own comment posted 2 months later, I am having 2nd thoughts about getting this done. It doesn't seem to be worth it. Maybe I should try the LED device first.
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Bkk...I was southern belle on the Holly Hodder blog....just curious...did you ever have the Active FX?

I actually had great results from mine and am considering Total FX now. The only problem is SERIOUS downtime for me. I was in my house for 14 days!!I did my whole face though and you were considering only eye area.

If you decided against the Active FX, have you done anything else with good results to your eye area?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I was part of a test at my med spa. Eight of us underwent a Fraxel laser treatment. Four were put on a product called Regen post procedure. Four of us were put on the typical products carried by the med spa for post procedure issues. After a couple days, they switched us all to the Regen. It took out the itching, diminished the burn, and had us back to normal in about half the time they thought it would take! I have been using Regen as my face cream ever since. Regen is now part of every Fraxel procedure they do! I do not have any med spa treatments (microderm abrasion, peels, laser) without my Regen, I recommend that if your med spa does not carry it, you get some for yourself!
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
loribar- you were the one on that blog that wrote all about your experience with fx? I've been thinking about getting one done too. I saw a lady on realself.com with AMAZING results. It tightened her skin SO much- like a facelift!

loribar- can you please share your before and after pictures? It was great to read all about what its like, but I'd love to see what a difference it made. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |