Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

weleda skin food miracle saver for lips and legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I should have posted this a while back, but Weleda Skin Food was really a complete skin saver this past winter. I always have problems with chronically dry legs and chapped peely lips, but using Skin Food on both totally erased both issues. For legs, I use it right after the shower while still damp, and for lips, I just pat some on before I go out and before I go to bed. I also have been using the Smashbox lip exfoliator at night before the Skin Food to help keep my lips as smooth as possible, and supplementing the Skin Food with Pharmacopia's Herbal Lip Elixir (available through drugstore.com) when out of the house during the day since it's a more convenient normal chapstick type tube. Both the Skin Food and Herbal Lip Elixir contain beeswax I think, so for those of you with allergies to that, I guess these products won't help, but otherwise, they really are amazing. I've probably tried almost every type of lip product out there, from cheap to expensive, etailer to Sephora or Whole Foods type brands, especially the organic ones, and these products are the first to make a real and lasting difference . . .
shelle
5% products discount

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sark,

I just found this post and after this review will definitely be giving it a try!

Thanks for the rave!
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
i like this brand. really worth to try.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I got a number of sample, hoping for me

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I bought a tiny 0.32 oz (9g) tube to try this product.

I was pleasantly surprised that it kept skin on my hands in a great shape and even my face was happy with it during cold, windy days (living in Alaska now Confused ).

Skin Food definitely becomes a part of my skin care arsenal.
onlyxi6
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
make our legs beautiful is so important in summer, i decide to buy it to try

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask, what does your Weleda Skin Food smell like? I bought a tube a while ago and it smelled like mothballs and old sweaters. Ick. Did I get a duff tube? Shock

Pluto

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love this for any dry patches on skin, great for elbows and knees really anyplace that gets very dry. I don't find it's smell unpleasant at all. It isn't a fragranced product so you are just getting the smell of the natural ingredients.

DM Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'll break out my tube tonight and slap some on my heels. Thank you all for the reminder!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Pluto wrote:
Well, I'll break out my tube tonight and slap some on my heels. Thank you all for the reminder!

I love slathering it on my feet and hands before sleep and using the gloves and socks that are meant to help keep it on and help it do it's work during the night! Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Pluto wrote:
May I ask, what does your Weleda Skin Food smell like? I bought a tube a while ago and it smelled like mothballs and old sweaters. Ick. Did I get a duff tube? Shock

Pluto

Its smell is really unpleasant.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
kikiw wrote:
Pluto wrote:

Pluto

Its smell is really unpleasant.

Either you have a "bad" tube or you just don't care for the odor, mine doesn't smell like roses but it's not unpleasant or overwhelming at all. It goes away very quickly, the smell that is. hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks kikiw!

I did use the skin food on my heels last night and it went on nicely. I'll keep doing this. One thing I did like was that my skin absorbed it all (or ate it!), since it wasn't slippery in the shower, like after things like Miracle Foot Repair.

I'm glad that I didn't get a rotten tube, somehow. So, I'll be more bold with using it now.

Best,

Pluto

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Yours doesn't smell like mothballs, DM???

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pluto wrote:
Yours doesn't smell like mothballs, DM???

No not at all, maybe a tad on the medicinal side but no where near mothballs and old sweaters Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used it at home lavender body oil, taste very good smell, in the dry winter, the right leg is very soothing for the skin.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Pluto wrote:

Pluto

It smells gooooooood! Just like oranges!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl,

My tube is green and doesn't smell bad at all but not like oranges Sad I wonder if they have more than one now? Smile

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:59 am      Reply with quote
i have the same problem with sark, so i want to try this product, after i use, i will write my feeling here

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ive used this many times and it comes in a green tube, and it smells like orange. Great in winter.

Unless they changed the formula recently??
Pluto
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
LOL! Mine continues to smell like mothballs!

Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Pluto wrote:
LOL! Mine continues to smell like mothballs!

Laughing

LOL Mine doesn't smell of mothballs (I hate that smell) but not like oranges? hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I get a "bad" tube? Crying or Very sad
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I totally agree! This is such an awesome product. When my skin peels and hurts because of the Glycolic peelings is the only thing that it calms it down. I prefer to use it at night and I get super glowy happy skin in the morning! I canīt use it every day though, itīs very rich for my combination skin. Itīs more like a SOS treatment.
Iīm going to have it a go as a lip salver Smile

xx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Yeah, I totally agree! This is such an awesome product. When my skin peels and hurts because of the Glycolic peelings is the only thing that it calms it down. I prefer to use it at night and I get super glowy happy skin in the morning! I canīt use it every day though, itīs very rich for my combination skin. Itīs more like a SOS treatment.
Iīm going to have it a go as a lip salver Smile

xx

It's also great for any dry patches like elbows ect. I like it as an overnight treatment on hands and feet with the gloves and socks sold for that purpose. It makes your skin so smooth and moisturized. Smile

Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |