Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelid problem
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
For the past week,I've had a patch on my left eyelid that is driving me crazy. It's about a centimeter square of red, slightly irritated, puffy, coarse skin. For the first couple of days, it was really flaky, too. I haven't used anything new or different in terms of makeup or skincare, and my right eyelid is fine. As soon as I noticed it, I immediately stopped wearing any eyeshadow and stopped using any actives on it. I've been just using Aquaphor, which seems to keep the flakiness at bay, but it is still terribly irritated and slightly leathery. Any ideas? I made an appointment Friday at the dermatologists office, but because it isn't an emergency or anything that sounds serious, I can't get in for six weeks!

In the meantime, any thoughts on what it might be and how to treat it would be most helpful.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
could be an infection? hmmm

try using polysporin for a few days to see if it does anything?

could be dermatitis...
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any answers for you but have a similar problem. I've been getting an allergic reaction to something off and on for several weeks now. My upper eyelids get itchy with dry patches or leather-like as you described and sometimes puffy. Initially, I thought it was my eye cream which I had used before with no problems. I stopped using it and used very little Cetaphil instead, the problem improved. Then I tried OCM and it started again so back to the Cetaphil it was. I've tried other products off and on but always get the same reaction so I've stopped the eye creams for now, use Cetaphil sparingly and take Claritin or Zyrtec for allergies which helped a lot. I'm still puzzled about what is causing this reaction or perhaps it's a number of things including pollen, etc.

Anyway, sorry I don't have suggestions for you and I hope someone else as ideas to share. Hope your eye improves quickly.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if it could be the beginnings of a basel cell carcinoma? The often occur aeound eyes. My mum has had 2 removed from her top eyelid, they are very slow growing.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft, just wanted to post an update. I had my appt for my eye irritation today with a dermatologist. He said it's dermatitis on my eyelids and prescribed an ointment which I'm to use twice a day. I have a follow-up appt in 2 weeks. He said I probably had a reaction to something I've used on my eyes which can happen also with products I've used for a while. In other words, it can be many things including my make up. Hopefully, the ointment will work and things will subside - my eyelids have been itchy (some days more so than others) and somewhat swollen too. The dry patches look wrinkly and sometimes peel too.

Anyway, just wanted to share the limited info I have. I hope you're doing better.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, blesstd, What a coincidence--I had an appointment with a doctor today too! Only my HMO set me up with an eye doctor. I did explain that I thought a dermatologist would be better, but the waiting list is so long to see a dermatologist for a non-emergency case that I just went along with it.

As it turned out, my eyelid is gradually getting better. I've stopped wearing any eye makeup and kept all eyecreams and actives away except a little Aquaphor at night. It's not nearly as swollen and flaky as a while ago, though it isn't back to normal yet. And my eye looks weird--the fold isn't the same as my right eye. The doctor diagnosed it as dermatitis--which is doctor-speak for a general irritation of indeterminate cause. She admitted that she had no idea what caused it, especially since it was just one eye. But since it is improving, she told me to keep doing what I was doing (essentially nothing on the eye but a little petroleum jelly) and to come on back if it got worse. Oh, and I got a free glaucoma test thrown in!

Hope your eye gets better soon--it's a real annoyance, isn't it?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |