Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Itchy little bumps?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I have developed tiny little bumps under my breasts - along the bra line. I believe they developed when sweating against a sports bra or just sweating when it is hot. I wash there quite thoroughly, but, they only seem to be spreading down to my stomach. Would a Clarisonic, or maybe a clay mask help to remove these itchy little bumps? (My skin is on the dry side, not prone to break outs - these bumps are not acne.)
Any ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I have had the same thing a number of times...I would NOT use the Clarasonic or any kind of mask.

You want to keep the area clean and dry, and not irritate it further. I have washed mine with a gentle soap, and used a Caladryl gel to help with the itching....that usually seems to calm things down, but you will want to avoid any bras that rub that area, and more sweating until the rash is gone.

If you have had any problems with yeast in the last 12 months, you should also consider washing that area with Nizoral shampoo (you can get it at any drugstore).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I have had the same thing a number of times...I would NOT use the Clarasonic or any kind of mask.

You want to keep the area clean and dry, and not irritate it further. I have washed mine with a gentle soap, and used a Caladryl gel to help with the itching....that usually seems to calm things down, but you will want to avoid any bras that rub that area, and more sweating until the rash is gone.

If you have had any problems with yeast in the last 12 months, you should also consider washing that area with Nizoral shampoo (you can get it at any drugstore).

Ohh - don't aggravate it.. I have actually been using my new Clarisonic on that area. I'll go and look for some Calydryl. No real problems w/yeast. Hard to avoid sweating though. I need to lose 10 lbs. before mid-summer, really need to sweat on the treadmill.

Bethany, I noticed that you are using 0.5 retinol and the 302 skincare line - and seem to have a similar complexion to mine. Could I ask you how those are working for you? I have been interested in the 302 line, but thought they don't like using any products such as Retin-A or Vit. C along with their line?
A derm gave me a prescription for Retin-A (1.0 but she said just thin it out at first), but my skin is fair and somewhat sensitive, so I have not bothered with it, or any other acids (they hurt too much) or Vit. C for that matter.
Thanks so much!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 11:52 am      Reply with quote
ahihi wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ohh - don't aggravate it.. I have actually been using my new Clarisonic on that area. I'll go and look for some Calydryl. No real problems w/yeast. Hard to avoid sweating though. I need to lose 10 lbs. before mid-summer, really need to sweat on the treadmill.

Bethany, I noticed that you are using 0.5 retinol and the 302 skincare line - and seem to have a similar complexion to mine. Could I ask you how those are working for you? I have been interested in the 302 line, but thought they don't like using any products such as Retin-A or Vit. C along with their line?
A derm gave me a prescription for Retin-A (1.0 but she said just thin it out at first), but my skin is fair and somewhat sensitive, so I have not bothered with it, or any other acids (they hurt too much) or Vit. C for that matter.
Thanks so much!

I use the .05 Retin A 1-2x a week and love it because it keeps my hormonal breakouts to practically nothing. Plus, retinoids are good for faciliating new blood vessel growth, which is key to healthy skin.

I just started some of the 302 products, though not the Protein Drops yet because you can't use them with any acid products.

I am using their acid-free C Boost and really like it, but I am upgrading to their new Lightening Drops which have a stronger concentration of acid-free Vit C to help get rid of the hyperpigmentation along my jawline.

302 does have a retinol product called A Boost...I tried a sample, and it feels pretty good. I am going to switch from Retin-A to A Boost when I take a break from my hyperpigmentation regimen in a couple of months. In the meantime, I am going to use up the rest of my sample on my neck and chest which is too sensitive for Retin-A.

And if you do start using that .1%, make sure you mix in some moisturizer and start VERY slowly. BTW, unless your insurance covers it, you may be better off ordering it from Mexico...it is not cheap in the US.

HTH!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I use the .05 Retin A 1-2x a week and love it because it keeps my hormonal breakouts to practically nothing. Plus, retinoids are good for faciliating new blood vessel growth, which is key to healthy skin.

Bethany, do know if Ystheal's Avene might be a close enough link to using Retin-A? It contains Retinaldhyde 0.25%, which seems to be a derivative of Retin-A? I had been using this but it felt a little weird, like a pinching or unpleaant feeling on my face so I stopped - but maybe Retin-A and it's relatives are supposed to feel that way at first?

Also, thanks for the info re: Calydryl. My bumps are clearing up!! Yay!!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
It won't be as strong (and possibly not as effective) as using .05% Retin-A. It will have to get converted from its current form to retinoic acid, and part of it will be lost in the process.

But it should be less irritating.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I'll give Yseathl Avene another try.. if I can get used to the retinaldhyde, then getting started with the retin-a might not be as difficult.. and then look into the 302 product line since it sounds less abrasive.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Here's a crazy old remedy that really works (this also works for acne and heat rash): Plan to wear a loose cotton top like an oversized white t-shirt to sleep. Before bed, step into the shower and apply an aloe gel to the area. Next use cotton balls or a clean powder puff to powder the area with cream of cornstarch. The aloe will help the cornstarch stick. Stepping into the shower ensures you don't have to worry about making a mess with the cornstarch.

Wash sports attire and bras in hot water to kill the beasties that are causing this.

Wear breathable clothing when exercising. Wash sweaty areas right afterward.

Do not apply retinol products over large areas of the body. Too much is toxic!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |