Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what's happening to my undereye?!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
in the past few months ive started using eyecream for the first time (before, i was only using my regular cream under my eyes) and since then ive noticed more lines!!!
but lately, ive noticed that the underneath of only my left eye is becoming pronouncedly wrinkled!!! my right eye is staying normal, but for some reason, when i apply eye cream to underneath the left eye, it stings a bit, and ive noticed it seems to be becoming more and more wrinkled, making me look older than my 24 years... weird too because its completely unbalanced. i use the same stuff on both eyes, why is only one looking like its becoming damaged?? anyone have any advice/similar stories?? are there certain products i should be using?
at the moment im using psf phytolift cranberry gel with intensive moisture balance or l'occitane very precious cream on top... i suspect the cranberry gel might be drying but im not sure... i hate to just bin something.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya....I don't know whether or not this can help you but I'll give you my take on what could be happening. I know that the Cranberry Lift contains organic aloe and from my own experiences with aloe I have to say that it has always dried my skin and left it irritated. However, I have extremely sensitive skin so I'm not sure that this is what's causing your problem. I'm just saying that for some people like myself aloe can be drying rather than soothing. It's just an idea however, I'm sure that others on this forum will be able to help you with other suggestions.
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've been experiencing the same thing too, only under both eyes. Very crepey and dry like. I change up my eye creams and use things that are specifically for hydration but it only works temporarily. In my situation I'm wondering if I'm either getting the actives I use too close to this area (alternate Retrinol and Mandelic/Lactic Acid) or if it's the Devita Sunscreen I recently started using within the past month or so. I do put the sunscreen all the way up to my lower-lid because I have melasma smudges on my orbital bone area and need to protect it.

Maybe consider other products you might be using as the culprit????
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
shelly wrote:

Maybe consider other products you might be using as the culprit????

Are any of you using copper peptides? The same thing happened to me with those, but it as known as the "copper peptides uglies" and is part of the skin remodeling process. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
Funny you mention that because I had started using the Neova Antiox Serum w/GHK right before my eyes got crepey. Came to the forum and saw all the posts going on about the uglies but didn't think a couple weeks of use would cause it so dismissed it as the cause. Regardless, I stopped using it just in case but the problem still continues 3 weeks later. Do you think just a couple weeks use of the lower strength CP's could cause this?
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
nope ive never used copper peptides before!! have always been wary of the 'uglies' that people mentioned so i never really looked into it Sad
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Could the mixing of the two products cause a wierd reaction??? Also don't 'rub' eye creams make sure you 'pat' them on
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if your eye cream can give your eyes enough moisture. Dryness can cause this.

What cream did you use on your eyes before this eye cream? I guess it is very moisturizing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
shelly wrote:
Bethany,
Funny you mention that because I had started using the Neova Antiox Serum w/GHK right before my eyes got crepey. Came to the forum and saw all the posts going on about the uglies but didn't think a couple weeks of use would cause it so dismissed it as the cause. Regardless, I stopped using it just in case but the problem still continues 3 weeks later. Do you think just a couple weeks use of the lower strength CP's could cause this?

Yes I do, especially if you were using it numerous times during the week. I am still using mine, but only 2x a week now. The lines have diminished somewhat, and I am hoping to see some "remodeling" take place eventually, lol.

I am not giving up because there is some strong science behind the products, but I slowed down dramatically because the uglies were just too ovewhelming, sigh.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
before, i actually never used eye cream before... i'd just slather my normal moisturizer all over my face. the lines only started appearing after i started using eye cream Sad
ive used-
l'occitane immortelle eye cream (didnt do anything)
a lancome eyecream i forget the name of (gift with purchase)- dried out my undereye area so i binned it quickly
psf phyto-lift cranberry gel

recently i started using anosa immortelle and rose eye creams (a japanese brand, recommended by a taiwanese beauty show i sometimes watch)... it helps but then when i wake up in the morning, the lines are still there... i want to get rid of them and have my left eye look like my right eye again Sad
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
before, i actually never used eye cream before... i'd just slather my normal moisturizer all over my face. the lines only started appearing after i started using eye cream Sad
ive used-
a lancome eyecream i forget the name of (gift with purchase)- dried out my undereye area so i binned it quickly

recently i started using anosa immortelle and rose eye creams (a japanese brand, recommended by a taiwanese beauty show i sometimes watch)... it helps but then when i wake up in the morning, the lines are still there... i want to get rid of them and have my left eye look like my right eye again Sad

So before using eye creams, your eyes are just OK with no problem. After using eye creams, your eyes got lines, right?

I think aging is hard to deal with, however, it is also not that easy to get aged by some chemicals, at least should not appear in skincare products.

I am wondering if your skin just gets to the time that aging started. I have some lines only under my right eye, and left eye is everything OK (I am always using eye creams). I used some expensive eye creams, and they can really fade my rihgt eye's lines. However, if my eyes are dry or I stopped the eye creams, then lines will be back. Next time you shop at EDS or other places, you can ask for samples of some good eye creams, and see if they can treat your eyes. I was told many times that good eye creams are usually expensive...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
This same thing has been happening to me too! I use Preparation H around my eyes in the morning when I shower (to reduce puffyness) and was assuming that was the irritant...I would switch to another eye cream. Sounds like your skin has started reacting to your eye cream.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
ive used-

Maybe you're just overdoing it. Why don't you back off all the things loaded with fragrance and irritants, and just put a light application of olive or avocado oil on the eye area. A little goes a long way so use sparingly and just tap till absorbed.

Since it's worse on the left, it could be from the extra sun exposure while driving. Wrap around sunglasses would be a good investment.

Also, don't apply any creams etc.. directly before going to bed. Give it at least an hour to absorb.

You are so young to have this problem, try to figure out if something your doing, or not doing is the culprit... Are you gentle when applying products? Do you use a good sunscreen applied 30 minutes before going out? Do you typically use products that are scented? Do you have allergies, which would cause you to continually rub at the delicate eye area? Do you use several products at once, which could be reacting negatively?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Kassy_A....overloading may be occurred..If this problem get serious, go to see doctor
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I believe we are not perfectly symmetrical. My left leg is a little longer than the right one, the right breast is a little smaller than the other, and for some reason the area under my right eye shows significantly more signs of aging than the left.

I have no idea why, as I have applied the same treatments around both my eyes through the years.

If the suggestion about sun exposure to the left eye while driving a car is correct, it will mean I'm a lazy woman who let my bf drive the car, while I'm sitting in the passenger's seat.
Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

If the suggestion about sun exposure to the left eye while driving a car is correct, it will mean I'm a lazy woman who let my bf drive the car, while I'm sitting in the passenger's seat.
Embarassed

rofl Laughing Laughing Laughing

I've actually noticed in the last 5 years since retirement, with Mr Kassy doing 95% of the driving, that my right hand and arm had more freckles than the left.. (Doesn't freckles sound so much nicer than age spots.. Shock )

Living in sunny south Florida for the past 5 years isn't helping matters either.. Cool

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is an argument for egalitarianism! Everyone is best off if you all take turns doing the driving.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Try some vitamin E oil first, but I will give vit c serum a try as well.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |