Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

my clogged pores need help...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of products, most recently mama lotion and nothing helps. I have the pores that are filled with stuff but if I squeeze the junk out, they are filled in again by the next day. Are there any products that will keep the junk from constantly filling my pores?
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
tweety wrote:
I have tried a lot of products, most recently mama lotion and nothing helps. I have the pores that are filled with stuff but if I squeeze the junk out, they are filled in again by the next day. Are there any products that will keep the junk from constantly filling my pores?

Welcome to the world of having pores lol. I bought a blackhead removal tool and everytime i shower, i remove all the gunk from blackheads and pores. It's a dirty dirty job..those pores are! haha

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Many people on this forum have had great luck with OCM, the oil cleansing method, to get rid of blackheads. You may search for OCM-posts. Some people have also had really bad experiences with the method.

I'm sure you have tried different kinds of acids.
Many people, including myself, have got the best results with a product with both AHA and BHA acids. I liked the Dermalogica Renew serum, but there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Good luck! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the OCM comments - but only because it removes makeup so thoroughly. I don't actually do all the massage that you're supposed to - I just use it as I would any other cleanser. I've also found lactic acid peels to be very beneficial for minimising the look of pores - I use 65%.
lavendula
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if somebody can explain the OCM method for me.
I am new here, and I also have the same pore-clog problem.
Thanks a lot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
lavendula wrote:
I am wondering if somebody can explain the OCM method for me.
I am new here, and I also have the same pore-clog problem.
Thanks a lot.

Oil cleansing method means using oil to cleanse faces. The basic principle behind it is "oil dissolves oil".

In my opinion, this method might work, however, cleansing oil is also hard to wash off, so you might still have some residues left. Second, oil is hard to filter (at least harder than aqueous solution), so there might be contaminants in the oil which will clog pores.

Anyway, I recommend a real gentle cleanser after cleansing oil.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a long-time lurker on this site and I finally decided to join, so this is my first post! Smile I've been oil cleansing for several months and have had great results. Before I started, my nose was like a blackhead forest and now they're almost all gone. I use a mixture of cold-pressed castor oil and refined organic jojoba oil and a few drops of lavander essential oil, just because it smells good. Apply the oil to your dry face, and after massaging it in, use a very warm washcloth to gently remove all traces of makeup and oil. I then use Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel (smells so good!) and Nelson's Homeopathic Acne Gel (smells so bad, but it dissipates quickly!) and just a little more jojoba oil to moisturize if I need it.

The jojoba oil is fabulous! It is actually a liquid wax that is very similar to the oil produced by our skin. My skin has actually become less oily since I've been using it! Castor oil is very thick but can actually dry out your skin if you use too much or don't dilute it enough with another oil.

I know that some people have had breakouts after trying oil cleansing. I also had this problem initially but my skin is now clearing up quite well. My thinking is that the oil caused my skin to "purge" all of the impurities and it is now starting to balance out.

To me, the main appeal of this is that I'm not putting chemicals on my face anymore, but natural products!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Welcome, Annie B. Smile

Happy to hear that you have success with OCM, as it's a natural and relatively cheap cleansing method.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi AnnieB

You've just reminded me to restock some Jojoba oil, it really does help with the blackhead situation as does glycolic acid. I have a constant battle against the dreaded blackheads.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you think the Karin Herzog products would be any good for me? my clogged pores aren't blackheads....I"ve heard the junk squeezed out referred to as"worms??" on another site.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |