Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Has anyone had beauty related nightmares?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds weird, but it has happened. I had this really awful nightmare in which my teeth were all falling out. It was really vivid and actually really terrifying. As soon as I woke up I touched all my teeth, while I was still in bed. I think I had more than one teeth related nightmare too.

And recently I had a skin related nightmare. You know when you squeeze a pimple that's coming out, that white icky stuff comes out? Well in this dream I was squeezing this pimple and the white gunk was just coming and coming, I didn't know where it was all coming from. It was this ridiculous amount. This was my first skin related nightmare. I must have been thinking about pimples when I was falling asleep or something.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Here is an interpretation of the teeth dream:

Quote:
Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams we here at Dream Moods receive. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap.?Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.?

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.?

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming that you did not have teeth, represent malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.

Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.

In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.

According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.?

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.?

http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cool thanks! lol, that interpretation reads like a horoscope, there's everything there but the kitchen sink!

bethany wrote:
Here is an interpretation of the teeth dream:

puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
What an ambiguous interpretation. Geesh. I've also had the no teeth/teeth falling out dream. I seriously panic in my dreams and I wake up feeling SO much anxiety and fear. Scary. Haven't had one in a while *knock on wood*
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
This is hilarious - I suffer from the "Teeth Dream" quite often - yes I do worry about my appearance but also because all my top teeth are capped and even when I'm awake I worry about them falling out!

Anyway, I'm living my nightmares at the moment because I developed an abscess underneath two of my caps and had to have them sawn out last week. I now have a mouthful of stitches and have to wear a denture on top of them which hurts like hell. I am in misery. Eventually, I'm getting implants but it's going to be a long process. More "Teeth Dreams" ahead for me, I'm afraid. Sad
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch! Sad I hope you'll be ok soon!

I haven't even had my wisdom teeth removed (and I have 2 of them). I have a really great dentist that doesn't want to do anything unnecessary. At one point one of my wisdom teeth were giving me trouble and she just prescribed me a rinse and a course of antibiotics for them. Now I just make sure to floss enough regularly and I haven't had trouble with the wisdom teeth since.

Keliu wrote:
This is hilarious - I suffer from the "Teeth Dream" quite often - yes I do worry about my appearance but also because all my top teeth are capped and even when I'm awake I worry about them falling out!

Anyway, I'm living my nightmares at the moment because I developed an abscess underneath two of my caps and had to have them sawn out last week. I now have a mouthful of stitches and have to wear a denture on top of them which hurts like hell. I am in misery. Eventually, I'm getting implants but it's going to be a long process. More "Teeth Dreams" ahead for me, I'm afraid. Sad
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
i have teeth related nightmares very often, ive been told it's because i grind my teeth in my sleep @_@;
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I've only had the teeth falling out dreams Embarassed infact I ended up convincing myself that my teeth were wobbly and were falling out. In the end I went to my dentist and she reassured me that all was well Very Happy
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 4:40 am      Reply with quote
oh man iv had teeth related nitemares too a few times Confused at least im not alone Laughing

or my hair falling off. and the sad thing is recently my hair has been falling out alot Shock especially when i wash it comes off soo much and when i brush it. Hope this is only due to my thesis stress and will go back to normal when that is over. Iv have also due to this only starting to use conditioner to wash the hair and skipped out the shampoo altogether Confused so m gona try that a while, another thing which i have read about on the forum here

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I had a teeth dream about my father once. His teeth were falling out and all this black stuff just came oozing out, like ash.

But I don't need a dream interpretation to tell me what it meant LOL. He is a very heavy smoker and I want him to quit.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've only had the teeth falling out dreams Embarassed infact I ended up convincing myself that my teeth were wobbly and were falling out. In the end I went to my dentist and she reassured me that all was well Very Happy

At some point I though one of my teeth was wobbly and I was terrified that it was going to fall out.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:
i have teeth related nightmares very often, ive been told it's because i grind my teeth in my sleep @_@;

I was a clencher and I actually cracked molars. I now wear a mouthguard. It was covered by insurance.

Just a suggestion for those that grind or clench. This can also lead to headaches.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I too grind my teeth and sometimes it wakes me up. My dentist has said for years that he can tell I grind my teeth, due to the fact that my teeth are worn. NOT all insurances cover the guard though. My insurance DOES not cover it and I have a great insurance plan. The insurance company does not see this as something they should cover. My dentist has wrote it up to the insurance company a couple different ways and they still deny. Even when he told them that it is causing severe tooth ware that will cause long term damage. No insurance coverage means $485 out of my pocket. Not something I can afford. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've had dreams of the skin on my scalp peeling off like a hat & me polling it through my hair.... It's so scary!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have had so many dreams or should I say nightmares of my teeth falling out. But the one I seem to have frequently now is going out in public or at my job and I have my frownie on. People don't say anything when I am talking to them but I just peel it right off.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 21, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I have had so many dreams or should I say nightmares of my teeth falling out. But the one I seem to have frequently now is going out in public or at my job and I have my frownie on. People don't say anything when I am talking to them but I just peel it right off.

I bet you double and triple check yourself when you leave your home.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I had the teethe dream last night. I was shaken all day today Anxious
It really is a very very distressing dream.
I think it was all the reading about it on here...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
seno wrote:
I had the teethe dream last night. I was shaken all day today Anxious
It really is a very very distressing dream.
I think it was all the reading about it on here...

Sorry about that- If my thread was the cause of all that distress. It really is an awful dream!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I have a few dreams concerning tooth lose. In one particular dream I was spitting my teeth out one by one. I woke in a sweat. At the time my mother was dying. Another time I had such a dream my husband was layed off his job. I was told this type dream centered around loss. In my case true.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 4:23 am      Reply with quote
No need to apologize Nimue I think it's just that I thought about it a bit too much.. I even asked my hubby if he ever had the dream after reading the post..

5% products discount

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:11 am      Reply with quote
amami aya wrote:

Ditto, I have the reoccuring teeth nighmare. My dentist told me I have Bruxism (clenching teeth) so I had him make me a mouthguard. Still have the teeth dreams every so often though.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |