Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eye makeup - Can I change the shape of my eyelids?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I have a makeup question. I hate the shape and look of my eyelids. My eyes in general. But when I see photos or especially video of myself when I am looking down, my eyes just look so round, thin and bare. Even when I'm wearing eye shadow and eye makeup, it barely looks like I'm wearing anything but a very light warm brown shade in the video. How can I do my eye makeup to make my eyes look more defined and more dramatic, and less round? Also, how can you tell when you do your own makeup and look in the mirror if it is strong and heavy enough to really show up well on camera? I always think that it looks great in the mirror and even heavy, and then I see myself on camera and it looks like I'm barely wearing any makeup at all. I don't know how to make it heavy enough. Thanks.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 1:30 am      Reply with quote
one of the most effective techniques to altering eye shape would be the use of a liner, if you have round eyes you don't need to line the top of the lids, if you extend the upper and lower lining beyond the outer corners and thin the lining as it reaches the middle of the lid, it should create a more elongated look.

also adding a dark flesh tone shade to the corners of the lids will enhance natural contouring, which will also help the eyes look more elongated.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
I always get compliments on my eye make-up & lashes and friends always come to me to do their eye make-up for special occasions. Here's what I do.

1. Lift your top lashes and line the inside of your top lids with a black eye liner (pencil). I love Estee Lauder.

2. Line your eye lid just above the lash line as close as possible to the lashes with a liquid liner. L'oreal has a great one and it's very easy to apply. Extend it to just outside the end of your eye, flicking it up a bit and make it a bit thicker than the rest of the line at the ends.

3. Take the black eye pencil and just gently run it over the line you made with the liquid and then smudge this- smudging toward the outside of the eye. You can use a brush or the Estee Lauder pencil comes with the smudge thing on the other end.

4. Apply a darker shade of eye shadow close to the lash line and a lighter one closer to your eye brows. A dark brown and a nude is good for this.

5. Curl your lashes and apply loads of mascara to the top lashes.
Max Factor 2000 calories is the best. (I've tried them all and I always go back to this one).

Tip: Don't apply mascara to your bottom lashes. Just gently run your eye liner over them just to give them that black color.

This is the smoky eye but it is not as dramatic. It really opens up our eyes and emphasizes them. By using the liquid liner together with the smudging you can change the shape of your eyes (appearance).

Use the liquid eye liner and practice creating different length, thicknesses and shapes of the line on your lids. This way you can figure out what works best for you.
For me, I only line the half towards the outside of my eye (as opposed to the whole eye).

It does take practice, but once you figure out what works for you its so worth it!

Let me know how you go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to add that seno made a very excellent suggestion. Bravo! I do an eye makeup like that very frequently!

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 1:08 am      Reply with quote
My absolute favorite eye make-up is that. It's timeless.
Keep in balances with flawless skin and nude lippy or just lip gloss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
you can use differnet colour of eye shadow and liner to correct the shape of your eye. Or you can try this set of benefit from the below link.
Hope it can help you.

://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/product/B000I5LDYY/ref=sc_iw_r_0_164953011/104-5927577-4022330?ie=UTF8&n=164953011&bcBrand=core
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Try this link, it has some helpful tips on liners, eye shadow and different eye shapes

http://www.101lifestyle.com/beauty/makeup/makeup2.html

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |