Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Security, privacy, screen names and email addresses FYI
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!

Well, I'm bored today, just going through old emails, etc., and found the sign-up emails from lots of my old favorite forums (before I found EDS Very Happy )

It was amazing how in my early days of internet forums how much personal info I gave out about myself! I used to think nothing of using my real name and email address on sites where I blathered on about some pretty personal, embarrassing stuff Embarassed

My PI instincts kicked in, and I ran my various screen names and email addresses through google.

Oh...my...GOD!!!

There, for all the world to see, was all kinds of stuff about me! Such as: what prescription meds I've taken, my court cases with my ex, even (gulp!) what I once paid for a painting. Yikes.

As a PI, and as a former victim of domestic violence and stalking who is now working to help others who have suffered similarly, here's just a quick heads-up for you beauties:

Think carefully before you ever put anything up on the internet that can be traced back to you!
I recommend getting an anonymous email account (or two) with yahoo, hotmail, etc. and choose screen names that are not things like your full name (or even your first name, if it's an unusual one!) and using these for your internet personas. Keep them separate from your "real" life, such as your work, family, and geneology internet stuff.

If you post ads on craigslist or similar sites and include your phone number, spell out part of the number to avoid search engines picking it up.

I'm not in any way trying to make anyone paranoid, especially not about EDS...I EDS!!! And everyone here I feel is a friend I haven't met yet!

99% of us have peaceful, happy, secure lives and no one would ever wish us harm, or hire a PI to check us out, and we have nothing to worry about. Life is great!

I guess this post is meant for those ladies who might ever have to deal with an angry ex, an obsessed stalker, or even a something as silly as being subpoenaed to testify as a witness in some court for something that has little to do with us personally.

But...never say "It could never happen to me!" Thanks to EDS and great skincare, you're all getting more beautiful every day! Some weird guy might spot you coming out of the grocery store, become obsessed with your beauty, run your plate, and show up at your door with a bouquet of wilted dandelions and a ten-page poem he wrote (in crayon) in your honor.

That's an excerpt from a real case I had!

As a PI and a domestic violence activist, I tend to see some pretty shocking stuff. The more I see, the more I want to help ladies and make the world a safer and better place Smile

If anyone you know is having a situation where she needs to be absolutely sure of total security and privacy, tell her to go to a place like Pakmail or UPS Store and get a mailbox there. These have street addresses, and can be used everywhere as her official street address.
Then, never give an actual home address anywhere! Even on her * spam * and motor vehicle stuff. If they give you a hard time, tell them you're a victim of domestic violence and must keep your home address private. Then list an old street address as your 'secret' home address. Never give your current one! Type up a fake lease if you have to, just stay safe!

Please feel free to pm me for more info if you need to!

This has been your public service announcement for the day, courtesy of PPIA, Inc.

*Paranoid Private Investigators Association

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Please don’t ever, ever send your pics/real name/phone number to “anonymous” strangers on dating sites (gaydar in this case), especially if you’re my best friend’s boyfriend and you’re sending them to my brother! Yes, this really did happen ... Shock
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Please don’t ever, ever send your pics/real name/phone number to “anonymous” strangers on dating sites (gaydar in this case), especially if you’re my best friend’s boyfriend and you’re sending them to my brother! Yes, this really did happen ... Shock

Shock but also a bit rofl

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
appletini wrote:

Shock but also a bit rofl

Hello, stranger! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |