Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Organic rubbish free deoderant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of an organic deoderant free of parabens and the like that actually works. I am so fed up with aerosol deoderants and I am moving toward using organic products, but I still need something that works (I am an indoor cycle instructor) I get very sweaty and hot.

Anyone got any ideas?

5% products discount

Mon May 12, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
The most effective natural deoderant I have found is Lush's Aromacreme. In fact I find it to be way more effective than normal aerosol anti-perspirants that are choc full of aluminium and goodness knows what else.

On the down side it can be a little irritating on sensitive underarms.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Lush makes several deodorants that would suit your needs. But don't use them directly after epilating or even shaving. Owwwww!!!!!
Camelia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I like Crystal Spring rock. I hope that this isn't one that you've already tried and found to be rubbish!
It lasts a long time on me. I find it amazing that it works so well and is natural.

If I go to the gym though, I'd apply it again because I don't think it would hold up to that challenge so many hours after the initial application.

I have tried Dr Haushka ones, no good.
Pit Rock spray, not good either.

Try the one I'm recommending if you haven't already, it may just be the one for you.

Camelia
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I also was using the Crystal Spring rock and thought it was working. But then I dropped it and smashed it.

Here's a tip - do not use after you drop it and it breaks. The ends are very sharp. 'Nuf said.

Then for some reason, instead of replacing it, I tried Kiss My Face Active Enzyme Stick Deodorant Fragrance Free. I don't like it at all. Not only didn't it work, I think it made a worse odor than not using anything at all.

I just ordered another Crystal Spring and will see how it does. And I will be very careful not to drop it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Ouch! I've done that too and ended up with some uncomforable red scratch marks under my armpits. They were odor free though!
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 11:14 am      Reply with quote
You have no idea how reassuring it is to hear that I'm not the only person who has done that. I felt so foolish afterward. Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use avocado oil (light layer) and then spray with Weleda Citrus deodorant in the summer and Weleda Rose deodorant in the winter. Works for me and is gentle on my skin.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Crystal Rock is brilliant but check out organic websites there are load out there. I have used crystal rock for years and find it very effective and never stains clothes and lasts for ages of course if you don't drop it!!!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, just wondering where can I get Crystal Rock and how much is it? Thanks! Very Happy
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
you can find it in natural food stores, online at drugstore.com, and I'm sure most online stores that have natural health products. It should cost more around $7 US, and is supposed to last a year. That is, if you don't crack it into smithereens.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great response to the question. I have a Lush store locally so I will go and look there. The crystal rock looks interesting - I'm sure I have seen that somewhere and dismissed it out of hand without trying, but it seems that you guys think it works.

I think I will get both and run a trial!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hope you guys that dropped the crystal deodorant, did not discard it to the garbage can, as my method lately is to dissolve some crystals in rose water or neroli hydrosol and use that as a spray on deodorant. It is excellent, at least for me.
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 3:35 am      Reply with quote
edithsz wrote:
Hope you guys that dropped the crystal deodorant, did not discard it to the garbage can, as my method lately is to dissolve some crystals in rose water or neroli hydrosol and use that as a spray on deodorant. It is excellent, at least for me.

fab! I still have mine... I was thinking about trying to sand it down. Laughing

but now I'll try this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant is great. A nice, fresh herbaceous scent.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
DR MIST!!! All pure. Contains: Treated water, potassium sulfate, sodium chloride, There is a thread here on the forums for it. I use it and it works. Can be used on feet too. It's a deodorant, not an anti-perspirant, so it doesn't clog pores.

Another is FLORERE, which contains herbs. I've tried it, but it doesn't even compare to the power of Dr Mist.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sgresnic,

please let us know how it goes. Hope it works great for you, just as much as it works for me.
Piz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Fawnie, is Dr Mist easy to get hold of? - my feet stink in the summer. I live in the UK so sometimes things are more difficult to get here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Lavilin cream Lasts for days! (seriously) Love the stuff but hard to find. Got it recently at http://store.thecatalog.com/8012.html

Quote:
A unique herbal deodorant free of aluminum and other harsh chemicals, yet so effective, just one application can eliminate perspiration odor for days--without the need to re-apply even after showering.

Ingredients: zinc oxide, petroleum jelly, talc, potato starch, calendula oil, arnica oil, vitamin E, ascorbyl palmitate, citric acid, natural fragrance. Warnings: Do not use immediately after shaving. Do not apply if skin is broken. Discontinue use if rash develops. Keep out of reach of children.

Anyway, you used to be able to get sample sizes of Lavilin (the regular or the one for feet) for between $1-2 dollars (don't see it listed on the site right now but previously I bought I bunch for friends & family - and one for me for travel).

I also bought the NOW one that seems like their generic of Lavilin (definitely cheaper) and it works well too and probably will last longer as it's not as creamy: http://store.thecatalog.com/8066.html
Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Talc, Rice Starch, Calendula Extract, Arnica Extract, Vitamin E d-alpha, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Grapefruit Extract in a base of Safflower Oil, Beeswax, Lanolin, and Natural Fragrances.

There is also another good deodorant thread on EDS:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16393

EDS thread on Dr. Mist:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25317

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lunarmm. I am going to attempt to try all these suggestions and give an informed desicion - may take a while 'though. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes, thx Lunarum for the thread on Dr Mist.
Piz, if you google Dr Mist you will find the website. The do ship internationally I believe. Good luck! This is HG for stinky feet!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
If anyone does find a good deodorant without aluminum or parabens that works,please let me know. Thanks!!!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
jones10021,

People have already posted many options on this thread. It's relatively easy (IMO) to find a natural deodorant that works (v. an antiperspirant which you don't really want to do as perspiration is a natural process to detox).

I like Lavilin and it's NOW knockoff because the ingredients DO NOT mask scent but kill the bacteria that causes the odor. I think Dr. Mist and other mineral salt sprays/rocks do something similar. Another plus to the Lavilin/NOW, it works for days. I don't know if it's because it's a cream but I'm serious in saying: for most people, one application will last for days!!!!

Other threads with some suggestions that would fit your needs are at:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16393
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16393&highlight
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=27852

DIY deodorant
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25176

EDS thread on Dr. Mist
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25317

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I went to the Lush store today to get a deoderant only to find that they do about six different ones. With a brain like a sieve i couldn't remember the name of the one that Lorisu suggested, so I bought the Aromacreme (which happens to be the aforementioned suggestion), coconut deoderant powder and T'eo Krysztal deoderant - with tea tree and lemon (I think this is the most potent).

I will try and get hold of the Dr Mist and Crystal Rock and let you all know what is what regarding these deoderants.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really like my Dr Hauschka Floral deodorant
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |