Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
tinted moisturizer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still oily skinned, so am leaning away from an all over liquid foundation.
Currently I'm washing, moisturizing (Avene), concealing (MakeUpForever or NARS) then a powder foundation (MAC Studiofix)...

I know how bad MAC is suppsoed to be, so I'm thinking of trying out Amazing Cosmetics Pressed Mineral Makeup, but it might not give me enough cover...

Is LM's still everyone's HG tinted moisturizer?
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

This isn't an answer to your question...more like a "don't use this product" LOL. Dr. H's tinted moisturizer seemed great at first, but seriously, its so ... greasy feeling. Very oily or something. I have 3/4 of a tube left and I won't use it again. A liked it at first, but now, not so much.

Slightly off topic here but...Since I've been using IS Clinical, I don't wear foundation/tinted moisturizer any more. I feel like my skin IS that great these days. Very even, nice tone. I'm sticking to this very expensive ritual...argh.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica has a really good tinted moisturizer with spf. They come in several different shades and look really nice on the skin, blend in great and make the skin look perfect. The sunscreen is part chemical and part physical. (For me the chemical part is a problem, it may not be so for you)
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to look at my review of Shiseido Tinted Moisturizer for this year. I don't find it very oily at all and for me it has staying power.

http://essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28832
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
Is LM's still everyone's HG tinted moisturizer?

I loved the color match of the LM Tinted Moisturizer, but it slid off my oily t-zone after an hour or two. Sad

I haven't dared try the oil-free version yet, however.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Every time this question comes up I recommend the same product: NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20. In my opinion, it's better than the LM one. It stays in place all day and the colour doesn't separate from the moisturiser.
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I love LM tinted moisturizer. I can go out just with anther layer of loose powder on.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Every time this question comes up I recommend the same product: NCN's Mineral Sheer Tint SPF 20. In my opinion, it's better than the LM one. It stays in place all day and the colour doesn't separate from the moisturiser.

Agreed, it's a very nice product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite tinted moisturizer is Dermalogica. It is very sheer yet gives the complextion a pretty glow (no sparkles).

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

I like this too. And I also have LM tinted moisturizer. NCN is my favorite.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'll second Winnie's recommendation. My mom loves the dermalogica sheet tint spf 15 and it makes skin look really good. It does have some chemical sunscreen, but this may not be a problem for you.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
The problem with my skin is that its quite oily, and prone to hyperpigmentation. I'd been getting a series or microderms done, but i just couldn't find an SPF that wouldn't make me breakout. Foundations containing SPF were the worst as it just induced massive breakouts and clogged everything!
I've tried both chemical and physical...both eventually cause a massive breakout, and make me look greasy, I'd settle for just looking oily!

Perhaps tinted moisturizers aren't my best option :S
lff11221122
5% products discount

Wed May 14, 2008 8:13 am      Reply with quote
LA MER with SPF 18..
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I love Chantecaille tinted moisturiser. It's exepensive but I like how it looks on my skin.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I tried Dermalogica tinted moisturizer. It does look nice but even the lightest shade is too dark on me. I found that's the case for most tinted moisturizer.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
My reply is always the same: SVR 50 is my HG! I'm oily (if I feel I need a little extra it's just a bit of emu oil), so this s/s is a 3-in-1 product for me. It's spf 50 w/ a ppd 20, and with my fair skin, it gives the perfect color and coverage for me.

I top it off with a bit of pearl, mineral, or translucent powder. You can get it skincarecentral.biz.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:47 am      Reply with quote
You shouldn't use Dr. H's tinted moisturizer. I tried it and it made my skin break out. Moisturizers should be clear and without any harsh chemicals because anything you put on your skin gets absorbed. I'm also against any kind of foundation. It only makes your skin worse so that you have to cover it up again.
Smile
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I read on some other threads that juice beauty tinted moisturizer is very good. Havnt personally tried it but it is chemical free SPF.

Ingredients sound promising.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
If you are oily I would HIGHLY recommend the new Stila Oil Free TM (spf 30). It stays on my summer oily skin like a dream. Little hard to spread but once you get it all even it looks natural and stays in place.

Then I use a concealor over it to cover my spots.

If MAC works for you...I say stick with it!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I tried Dermalogica tinted moisturizer. It does look nice but even the lightest shade is too dark on me. I found that's the case for most tinted moisturizer.

I have an idea for you! Since it's too light, why don't you try mixing it with an untinted physical sunscreen? Physical sunscreens tend to have at least a slight white cast so mixed with a product a little too dark for you it should be perfect!

(Just make sure that you're not mixing any ingredients that are incompatible, and first test a very small amount to see how well it mixes befor doing a large batch)

If you don't want much sunscreen you can use a sunscreen with a really small rating. Mexitan has moisturizers (spf's of 8, 15 and 30) with all natural ingredients and purely physical sunscreen for around 15$ for an 8 oz tube. Mexitan is actually a really good product for the price and the amount you get. I've been using the spf 50 formulation, I bet that the lotions with less spf are even easier to mix with.

BTW, I've been doing this with Dermalogica ultra sensitive faceblock spf 25. It's all naturally tinted titanium dioxide and the tint is around NW20- NW25, which is way too dark for me. It mixes with the mexitan spf50 pretty well.
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love Vichy Luminous TM, I believe it may only be available in Canada though. This TM gives me a very natural 'lit from within' look with just enough coverage. Check out the reviews on MUA.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue, thank you for your suggestion about mixing the tinted moisturizer with a physical ss. I did think of doing that but it seems so time consuming in the morning. I might just use your idea and make a batch. So do u store the batch in a jar?

cawl, I did try it too after reading the reviews from MUA. The lightest shade is too dark on me. It doesn't seem to give me any glow or that "lit from within" look that everyone's talking about. Sad
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I too have oily skin. I've tried MAC's tinted foundation with SPF and I brake out the next day..never fails.

Although these are not tinted, I have some advice for the oiliness. Neutrogena has an oil-free moisturizer with SPF 15...for oily/combination skin. Also, the Vicky Normaderm line is quite mattifying... Vichy has a moisturizer with SPF too. You can just mix a little bit of a (non-comodogenic, oil-free) liquid foundation of our choice with an SPF lotion to make your own TM that won't cause break-outs!
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently using Vichy's Thermal 2 as my moisturizer when I'm fighting dry patchers. I have dehydrated skin, so despite being an oil slick I have dry patches...

With spring/summer coming, I'm noticing that the Vichy is a bit too much...my skin looks more on the greasy side than simply oil, if that makes sense. Rolling Eyes

I am in Canada, so I'll check out the Vichy TM... but after reading some of the replies, I'm thinking a TM might be asking for a breakout. Maybe I'll have to stick with a concealer and powder foundation.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
The best make-up I've found for oily skin is Estee Lauder's duble wear. It can be applied to be sheer by using a bit on just the areas you really need.. most tinted moisturisers are too oily for oily skin..
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |