Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Clarisonic or Zeno?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Poll :: Clarisonic or Zeno?

Clarisonic
100%
 100%  [ 22 ]
Zeno
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am leaning towards the Clarisonic, because the thought of having really clear pores intrigues me, but which would give me more bang for my buck? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the Zeno. I have the Quasar SP and NUFACE. The Clarisonic is the best tool investment to date. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the Zeno but have and love the Clarisonic. Clarisonic helps prevent breakouts. Zeno only treats them.

BTW, I don't think the Zeno's that worthwhile cost-wise - do a search here on EDS -- someone did a DIY Zeno with a sock and rice that they warm up in the microwave and place on spots.

I've never tried it for this purpose, but you could also probably try one of those mosquito, bug bite treaters that warm up a spot to stop the itching. Much cheaper and you don't have to replace cartridges like the Zeno.
For instance, see these:
Itch Soother
http://www.problemsolvers.com/product.asp?pcode=702 (on sale but takes C batteries)
http://www.amazon.com/Itch-Soother-Insect-Bite-Itches/dp/B000QZ1M2O (smaller, takes AAA batteries)
Therapik www.buyatherapik.com
Beurer IS 40 Bug Bite Stopper
http://www.winhealth.co.uk/acatalog/insect_bite_healer.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I also think that prevention of blemishes is more important than the treatment of them.
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
The brush helps with clogged pores and congestion, and also helps with lines & wrinkles. Zeno only treats an existing blemish.

I'd rather prevent them from being there in the first place. Smile

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
lff11221122
5% products discount

Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I am worry about I can't use in the UK, but I still want have one...
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I'd go for the Clarisonic aswell. Everytime I've seen any reviews on the Zeno, they haven't been overly positive and something like the Clarisonic can be used daily.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I bought the Zeno out of desperation due to cystic like acne outbreak - it worked on one zit. I really don't think it was worth the money at all. I know it says will not work on cystic acne but it didn't even work on the typical blemish that they described in the instruction book.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I also think that prevention of blemishes is more important than the treatment of them,too
saz07
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I read on another thread that some people are using their electical tooth brushes and have had amazing results, cheaper too.

Havnt tried it my self but feel bery tempted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Definitely go with something that treats the cause and not just the symptoms. Clarisonic would be my choice as well.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, I was definitely more leaning towards the brush than the zeno...I do have two questions though. One being for "Nemo!AtTheDisco", I know you posted about this brush clearing pores, do you have one? I know on another post you said you purchased the "knock off one" Pretika. So with that being said, any one who has used the "knock offs", Neutrogena, Pretika, Revlon...how do they compare? Also, can I go buy a Clarisonic somewhere local, so if I have problems I can return it local. Local meaning a drug mart, nordstroms, instead of online. Thanks Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed May 14, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
If you're looking for clear pores, go for the Clarisonic. The Zeno doesn't clear pores and isn't effective for all pimples. The Clarisonic clears pores, removes flakey skin, cleans make-up off your face and brings magically perfect shoes into your life. Okay, so maybe not that last one, but compared to the Zeno, the Clarisonic definitely gives you more bang for your buck IMHO.

Oh, and as for local. I know Nordstroms and Sephora both sell the Clarisonic, and both have good return policies.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, it's unanimous! I didn't think the result would be 100% for the clarisonic. Oh and I hear that the pretika is a good knock off of the clarisonic. I don't think the drug store version are that good. I tried the dive revitalizer (my mom bought it for herself, I tried it out), it was whatever.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I think I am going to bite the bullet Shhh and pick up a Clarisonic! After all it has a 60 day money back guarantee. So what to expect? For those that have one, can you answer these questions for me?

1) My clogged pores that I can see in my 10X mirror, will those eventually work there way out?

2) Will I see LOTS of purging going on?

3) Will my skin get mad, and upset because it is a "more" aggressive way to wash than just my hands?

4) I don't have a lot of zits, so I don't think it will aggravate my skin that way, but what type of turn around time should I expect?

5) It sounds like I should start slow, gentle once a day? Or should I use only a couple times a week?

5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
1. The 10X mirror is my enemy Laughing I think results are different for everyone, but for me it disloged blackheads that have been in my nose for at least 5 years, so that says a lot. But it may have had help because I have been using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, which may have loosened them. However, I'd been using the BHA for around 3 weeks without the blackheads moving. Then one magical day I was checking out my nose in the 10X mirror, then I went to the shower and used the Clarisonic, came out, looked in the 10X mirror and I had NO blackheads on my nose. It was amazing. Sadly, the blackheads came back the next day. Not surprised since they were there for years, but I am hoping that with continued use of the Clarisonic that they will be permanently be banished.

2. I personally did not have any purging, but like I said earlier, I'd been using BHA for 3 weeks, so I may have already gotten purging out of the way. But IMO, I don't think the Clarisonic would cause purging because it is pretty gentle.

3. The Clarisonic is super gentle. Even when my skin was at its most sensitive (like actually hurting), I had to use the Clarisonic to help get rid of the flakies and it didn't irritate my skin (well, any more than it already was).

4. Honestly, I have no idea. I'd guess that if you don't like it within a month, then you should consider returning it. I only say this because my results with it were pretty immediate.

5. Definitely start slow and gentle! I think the recommended amount is the gentle brush head, every other day. I've been using it for about 2 months and I'm still using the gentle brush at the pre-set 1 min. Sometimes, I'll do 2 min, but I like to stick to the 1 min because I'm afraid of over-cleansing.

Your skin may be able to handle more, but from most of the reviews that I read before I bought it (and I feel like I must have read them ALL Laughing ) most people stick with the delicate brush head, but bump up the time. It won't hurt to start slow, but it might be bad to start aggressive. Just listen to your skin, if it's too much, you'll know.

Good luck with it. I hope you like it! If you choose to get the Pretika instead,let us know how that is...I'm interested in it for maybe a travel brush (the Clarisonic is too precious for travel
Laughing )
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
So I went out and decided to buy a knock off brush, for $50. I decided that if I liked the feel of the brush and the results, I could then splurge for the "real" baby- clarisonic and use my knock off for travel. I used it for the first time tonight, in the shower. I had a whole routine going. I brought a mirror in the shower (which I never had one before) and put my regular face wash on the brush (Gardnier) and kept time doing one minute forehead, one minute chin, one minute on each cheek. I did remove my makeup first though with the Gardiner moist cloths. So when I got out of the shower my pores did look clean and feel clean. The brush was not harsh at all, I used the low setting. I almost felt like my pores had a little red to them in a couple areas, but as I remember this morning when I applied my concealer, I they were clogged. So I wonder if using the brush grabbed the crud out of them, making them slightly red Question No sure. I did notice when I applied my night cream, it sunk in really well. Better than normal. I then applied my benezclin RX cream and that soaked in really well too. So, I will let you know how this knock off brush works for me. I will try using it everyday, in hopes of unclogging pores and keeping them unclogged by continued use. If I like the effects, I am taking the plunge on the BIG ONE.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Which knock off did you buy?

bergquis wrote:
So I went out and decided to buy a knock off brush, for $50. I decided that if I liked the feel of the brush and the results, I could then splurge for the "real" baby- clarisonic and use my knock off for travel. I used it for the first time tonight, in the shower. I had a whole routine going. I brought a mirror in the shower (which I never had one before) and put my regular face wash on the brush (Gardnier) and kept time doing one minute forehead, one minute chin, one minute on each cheek. I did remove my makeup first though with the Gardiner moist cloths. So when I got out of the shower my pores did look clean and feel clean. The brush was not harsh at all, I used the low setting. I almost felt like my pores had a little red to them in a couple areas, but as I remember this morning when I applied my concealer, I they were clogged. So I wonder if using the brush grabbed the crud out of them, making them slightly red Question No sure. I did notice when I applied my night cream, it sunk in really well. Better than normal. I then applied my benezclin RX cream and that soaked in really well too. So, I will let you know how this knock off brush works for me. I will try using it everyday, in hopes of unclogging pores and keeping them unclogged by continued use. If I like the effects, I am taking the plunge on the BIG ONE.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the REVLON Revlon Spa Impressions Facial Spa Gift Set ( it was discontinued sale at my local Long's Drug) so I though what the hey!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like you got a good deal with that knock-off Revlon brush.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
I bought the REVLON Revlon Spa Impressions Facial Spa Gift Set ( it was discontinued sale at my local Long's Drug) so I though what the hey!

I got the Pretika, it was also around 50$. Have you used your brush yet?
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nimue
I have used my brush for a couple times now. My skin looks really clear, but I do notice that the stuff in my pores seem to be coming to the surface. (I am hoping that it is stuff that was in my pores coming to the surface and not new gunk). I have been trying to pay attention to a few clogged pores that have been on my face for months to see if those are the areas that are more prevelent now, in hopes that my new brush is allowing them finally to get unclogged. The jury is still out for me since I have not used it long enough. Have you used your brush yet? If so, what do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad it's working for you so far! I want it to be a preventative measure against pimples. I also have blackheads on my nose that I would like to get rid of. I only got it yesterday, and the instructions said to charge it for 24 hrs prior to first use. It started charging yesterday late evening, so I'll use it for the first time tonight.

bergquis wrote:
Hi Nimue
I have used my brush for a couple times now. My skin looks really clear, but I do notice that the stuff in my pores seem to be coming to the surface. (I am hoping that it is stuff that was in my pores coming to the surface and not new gunk). I have been trying to pay attention to a few clogged pores that have been on my face for months to see if those are the areas that are more prevelent now, in hopes that my new brush is allowing them finally to get unclogged. The jury is still out for me since I have not used it long enough. Have you used your brush yet? If so, what do you think?
heima
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I am leaning towards the Clarisonic,I am preparing to purchase
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I really love my Clarisonic. As pricey as it was, I've noticed a HUGE difference since I received it and started using it. My break-outs are much less frequent, and I think I have a little less congestion. This is more of a preventive device, and I love it!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |