Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
PediEgg
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one of those white Pedi-eggs from CVS today. I don't know how I lived without it. It was only $10.00. I get regular pedicures so my feet are in pretty good shape, but I ran this over my feet a couple of times and was disgusted with the amount of shredded skin in the holder. It was ick.
Its easy to clean, just open it and dump the skin in the trash can. Its pretty easy to use, but go slow. Its very sharp and someone scraping hard and fast could go too deep and easily take too much skin off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've seen this at the store and thought about buying it but never did. Sounds like it works better than the ordinary foot file I have which makes my heels rough. Think I'll try this one. Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've had this about eight weeks and love it. Along with my Miss Oops foot cream, my feet have never looked this good. And I had some horrible, cracked feet. I was able to find replacement blades at Walgreens as well. 9.99 for three plus three of the little file things.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Man, the part in the commercial where the woman dumps all that grated skin into the trash can REALLY grosses me out! Laughing Laughing I have no idea why it gives me the willies but it always does.

That said, I've wondered about these and may have to get one myself now. Very Happy
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder how teh PedEgg compares to the Microplane Orb. I have the Orb and thought it does a good job...
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yubs wrote:
Man, the part in the commercial where the woman dumps all that grated skin into the trash can REALLY grosses me out! Laughing Laughing I have no idea why it gives me the willies but it always does.

That said, I've wondered about these and may have to get one myself now. Very Happy

it's really gross when its your grated foot skin going in the trash. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would be too afraid to use something sharp on myself, even my feet.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds interesting - I was thinking of the microplane also and have had it bookmarked. I'll have to look for this at our local CVS.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I wonder how teh PedEgg compares to the Microplane Orb. I have the Orb and thought it does a good job...

I have both, but I think that the Microplane did a better job when it was new.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Microplane but like the idea of replacement blades (though I haven't needed one yet).

If the PediEgg continues to be popular and available in stores, I'll definitely get one and replacement blades in the future.

5% products discount

Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I caved and bought one. It is fantastic. Nothing like the knuckle against the cheese grater at all. It doesn't cut the skin, but files it down. I'm very pleased with it. Very Happy
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one of these last week, mainly for DH but I tried it as well. I don't have dry or cracked feet and all I ended up with was a small pile of what looked like baby powder but my feet felt great afterwards though. I then had a brilliant idea of using it on my lower legs because they are always so dry and it worked fantastic on them. I don't find the blade rough at all, just feels like I am lightly scratching my legs. All the dry flakey skin was gone, and again I just ended up with a pile of powder in the egg. I love it and will probably use it more on my legs then my feet.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this on a whim at Target a few weeks ago. I love, love, love it!! Quick and easy and gets the job done. Best of all, it is cheap and you can replace the blades when they get dull.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:

I have the MP Orb too and love it.

But I don't think you can replace the blades. But I'm not really sure. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
It's funny this topic came up so recently b/c I just bought one of these a couple weeks ago. I love it too. It has made an immediate difference in my heels (which are a real problem issue for me), it's easy to use, and dirt cheap. I wish I had bought one sooner.

Betsy
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Had my dh pick one up for me tonight...can't wait to try it..hopefully tomorrow night..
gosh..I love my new toys...
Lou
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just be careful that you don't overdo it if you plan to be walking a significant distance in the near future.

I used my Microplane and my feet were just Mahvelous! I was THRILLED! Very Happy

And then I left a few days later on a work trip...after hiking through 4 airports in 2 days, I was wishing that I had left just a little bit of those protective callouses intact. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

5% products discount

Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the much touted Pedi-egg at Target. What a disappointment.

Those who love the Pedi-egg must never have tried the Checi Nickle Foot File? Runs rings around the wimpy Pedi-egg, but doesn't kill you like a Credo blade can.

Before, I had to find Checi's online, but I found them at Sally's recently. I buy them for family, friends. Mine will probably last a lifetime. I don't think they ever dull.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Face4ward wrote:
I bought the much touted Pedi-egg at Target. What a disappointment.

Those who love the Pedi-egg must never have tried the Checi Nickle Foot File? Runs rings around the wimpy Pedi-egg, but doesn't kill you like a Credo blade can.

Before, I had to find Checi's online, but I found them at Sally's recently. I buy them for family, friends. Mine will probably last a lifetime. I don't think they ever dull.

Here is a link to the Checi's.
http://www.bannertherapy.com/ProductInfo.aspx?checi-nickle-foot-files&number=03-641

Heck...forget all this fancy stuff! I am just going to get out my Dremel and use some of the sanding drums that came with it! Very Happy Shock Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Can you believe I lost my Pedi-egg...and haven't had a chance to use it...I had my husband pick it up last week and when he got home I put it somewhere and can't remember where... Embarassed
Now I am on the hunt....Lou
nakeidknits
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I picked up a PedEgg on a business trip with a colleague. We both bought one. Later that night she called me in my hotel room. "Have you looked inside"? Chockful of powdery ick.

I like taking it on business trips, so I can scrape in hotel rooms.

Another reason to avoid hotels this summer Bad Grin

5% products discount

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I have the ped Egg from QVC - I think it is microplane brand. IT IS AMAZING. I agree - how did we ever live without this stuff?? Very Happy
chan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I always wondered about this. Do you have to go over and over so your heel is even?
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just received the Diamancel # 11 in the mail. I ordered it through Amazon. It was pricey but it is soooo amazing. I have used it 3 nights in a row and my feet feel so awesome! It is well worth the money and I think it will last forever!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a review that I found on MCNBC:

Quote:
PEDEGG SWEEPS US OFF OUR FEET

Posted: Thursday, May 22, 2008 6:23 PM
By Diane Mapes, health correspondent

What it is: PedEgg; $10; available atwww.pedegg.com or at Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Bed Bath & Beyond and other stores.

As Seen on TV

What it claims to do: The manufacturer of the PedEgg, Telebrands, calls it the “ultimate foot file” which gently removes calluses and dry skin by using more than 135 stainless steel micro files. The files are attached to one side of a “comfortable, ergonomically designed” plastic egg, which also collects all of the skin shavings in a “convenient storage compartment.

My experience: I live in the city so I’m on my feet a lot, walking at least 10-15 miles a week and sometimes more. By the time summer rolls around, I need to invest in a bit of maintenance to get my little piggies ready for market (not to mention those strappy sandals). But how to go about it?

As much as I enjoy pedicures, they’re a little pricey for my pocketbook and spending an hour in the bathroom with an emery board is about as thrilling as sanding a piece of cement. After a long hard winter, in fact, that’s essentially what it is. The PedEgg – prudently priced at just $10 – seemed a great solution. I could pamper myself and still toe the budgetary line.

After picking one up, I spent 10 minutes reading through the instructions AND warnings before cracking it open and diabetics and/or those with poor circulation will definitely want to follow suit. Why? Because the PedEgg is basically a cheese grater for your foot. And baby, that sucker works.

I was able to shave a ton of rough winter skin from my heels and the balls of my feet within minutes. The PedEgg worked so well, in fact, that I decided to use it two nights in a row and wound up hot-footing it around town on burning pink heels for the next four days. Be warned: Overzealousness with this gadget is not a good idea. In other words, step lightly.

As for the PedEgg’s much-touted ability to collect all the skin shavings in its hollow body thus allowing you to use it “anywhere” (At work? On the bus? On a date? Let’s hope not), I’d take that with a grain of salt. If you can manage to keep the metal-side face up, the PedEgg does pretty well at keeping everything contained. But when you turn it upside down (which is something you’ll need to do to sand down those stubborn calluses), you will notice a little “foot dandruff” on the floor.

What the expert says: Dr. Howard Dinowitz, a Brooklyn, N.Y., podiatrist, says the first step in taking care of your feet is to visit the foot doctor to make sure you don’t have any complications you’re not aware of. Once you’re cleared, though, “callus removal is a wonderful thing,” he says. Simple, over-the-counter remedies like the PedEgg can reduce some of the foot’s roughness and dryness in a noninvasive way, he says, but don’t overdo it.

“Overzealous usage of any type of product that causes friction can definitely lead to problems with the skin,” he says. That’s particularly true for “someone who might be a diabetic and has a condition known as neuropathy” (i.e., the lack of peripheral sensation or feeling of the feet). Used in moderation, though, he says the PedEgg is “probably a great thing, especially if you use it in conjunction with a nice hydrating cream.”

Bottom line: I have to just say it: The PedEgg swept me off my feet. Sure, the light dusting of “foot powder” that seeps out of its plastic shell is a bit annoying, especially after all the manufacturer’s no-fuss, no-muss promises. But the PedEgg’s metal filing surface does a great job of shaving off calluses quickly and painlessly (much better than any pedicurist I’ve ever been to). And it really does have a simple, sleek design. Sort of like your feet once you get them all gussied up.

http://doesitwork.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/05/22/1054978.aspx

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |