Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

German natural lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:13 am      Reply with quote
SO is in Germany right now so he wants to know what to bring back. I dont want Lavera as they use alcohol to preserve and are too fragranced. What good German skin care or beauty should I ask for? They are miles ahead in the paraben free natural stuff though from what I can tell they replace parabens with alcohol or citrus extract. There is got to be a line that is not going to irritate my skin.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Saffron rouge carries some German lines like Primavera, so you could look here online and gauge it. However, with the exchange rate nowadays I'm not sure anything over there is cheaper. You should check. Also compare the Swiss lines that we know. With the European Union they must have lots of things at the same price in each country. If it were me, I'd ask for chocolate!
I found the site of a popular store in Germany: http://www.douglas.de/special/markenuebersicht.tem
Here you can see what brands they carry and perhaps decide on something.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Heh,heh, I guess chocolate you can't go wrong but I am taking some homeopathy right now so I can't have caffeine. I dont see much that we can't get here. I dont also want to fall in love with someone I can't get easily either.

Maybe some tea. I love herbal teas.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
why not Dr Hauschka line in German. I heard they are much cheaper there...

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Annemarie Borlind. Very Happy
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Weleda is another German brand
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Sante, Logona and martina gebhardt

http://www.martina-gebhardt-naturkosmetik.de/en/martina/index.php
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Dr Hauschka line was pretty good and affordable when I was there. There are some great products you can get online as well by searching for Dr Hauschka skin care and some are on sale 15% off.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Dr. Hauschka (sp? too complicated) definitely comes to mind! I haven't tried any Dr. H products but lots of members have and many have had good experiences. (But some didn't)
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I`m based in Germany and unfortunately for me, I`m the one who doesn`t like Dr. Hauschka line. I`ve tried cleansing cream, regulating oil, revitalising mask, hand cream, lip stick, clarifying toner and firming mask, and did not like any of them. I`ll give the line the last chance with the clay mask, people here on EDS praise it, claiming it was able to remove blackheads... we`ll see...

but if your skin agree with Dr.H and you like the line - it is really cheaper here than in the USA or Canada.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I looked at Dr H and it didnt wow me or maybe the price scared me. I should say fall in love with something not "someone" like I posted. Embarassed

I will check out Sante and Longona. Anything else beauty or nonbeauty?
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 5:51 am      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
I looked at Dr H and it didnt wow me or maybe the price scared me. I should say fall in love with something not "someone" like I posted. Embarassed

I will check out Sante and Longona. Anything else beauty or nonbeauty?

For beauty, take a look at the Artdeco eyeshadows and the primer (those get awesome raves at makeupalley.com).
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=87982/Artdeco_218/Unlisted_Brand/Eye_Shadow

Also Terra del Sol has a baked blusher which is incredibly similar to the Mac mineralize powders: the no.7 is supposed to be a dupe of the infamous Pleasureflush. (I have no. 4, an awesome highlighter color)
I think they are all available at douglas beauty store.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
what about Gehwol feet-care line?
"Gehwol Medicated Foot Salve for Cracked Skin" got positive reviews - you can check it on EDS.
it is called "Gehwol med. Schrunden Salbe" in German and I`ve bought a 125 ml tube for about 8 euro from an online-farmacy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried borlind LL blossom dew gel, and it made me break out, better have a try or do some survey first. Indeed yet, this product is paraben free.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Annemarie Borlind are sold at healthy food store.i read the ingredient list,most of toner and cleanser contains alcohol....not very tender line

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
Annemarie Borlind are sold at healthy food store.i read the ingredient list,most of toner and cleanser contains alcohol....not very tender line

Annemarie Borlind is a fantastic line.

I have used ZZ sensitive Toner (yes it has alcohol but what's wrong with high quality distilled fermented alcohol around 5%, I prefer it in good formulations)

LL Regneration Day Cream (I use this at night, very thick but very nourishing)

Ceramide Vital Fluid, it's fantastic.
And their Ceramide Capsules (one of the best with tomato extracts)
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I am a male who just got home from spending a year in Germany. I miss it and their Apothekes the most - so convenient and friendly.

Dr. H was no good for me and my combo skin. It is also ridiculously expensive. I brought home some Bioderma products, Sebamed shampoo and a French line called Biarritz.

Most of the lines are fragrance-free, but Bioderma products tend to have it. I never had an issue and normally, I react severely to fragrance. Bioderma truly helped my skin clear up and I can't imagine not having found it. Sadly, I could not find a good European sunscreen.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lightshox wrote:
I am a male who just got home from spending a year in Germany. I miss it and their Apothekes the most - so convenient and friendly.

Dr. H was no good for me and my combo skin. It is also ridiculously expensive. I brought home some Bioderma products, Sebamed shampoo and a French line called Biarritz.

Most of the lines are fragrance-free, but Bioderma products tend to have it. I never had an issue and normally, I react severely to fragrance. Bioderma truly helped my skin clear up and I can't imagine not having found it. Sadly, I could not find a good European sunscreen.

Did you take a look at svr ? They have SPF 50+ for face, one for combo / acne prone skin and another one for normal/ dry skin (and one tinted but you won't want that)

What did you think of the Bioderma sunscreen? I had the oil free one that I found was too runny so I stick to svr.

I also use Filorga, but that one comes with anti-spot/ whitening action so if you don't need that function, then it won't suit you.
Lightshox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
arielstar08 wrote:
Lightshox wrote:

Did you take a look at svr ? They have SPF 50+ for face, one for combo / acne prone skin and another one for normal/ dry skin (and one tinted but you won't want that)

What did you think of the Bioderma sunscreen? I had the oil free one that I found was too runny so I stick to svr.

I also use Filorga, but that one comes with anti-spot/ whitening action so if you don't need that function, then it won't suit you.

Thanks for that tip, but I looked at SVR and most of their sunscreens are chemical and I prefer to use mineral since my skin is thin and very sensitive.

I never tried Bioderma sunscreen, mostly for the same reason. Their atoderm wash creme is a godsend - I use it all over. They also have a hydrabio toner that I love. I still sometimes use the Biarritz sunscreen because it is mineral and causes no allergic reaction, but I find it to be very heavy and often clogs my pores. I'm saving the rest for cold winter air.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |