Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Its the collagen night cream from Reviva. Without rolling my skin is just sticky from the cream - no reaction at all.

thanks for the help....
gumgirl
5% products discount

Sat May 24, 2008 6:30 am      Reply with quote
From the Vitacost website:

Premium soluble collagen is meticulously blended with a natural oil complex in a formula that allows for perfect penetration… for moist, supple skin.

Other Ingredients: Purified water, stearic acid, collagen, sorbitol, polyglycol 400, egg oil, soya oil, glycerin, lanolin, beeswax, vegetable oil, (9-oil blend: almond oil, sesame oil, avocado oil, apricot kernal oil, wheat germ oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, peanut oil, safflower oil), hydroxyethylcellulose, multisterol extract, citric acid, borax, carboxy vinyl polymers, vitamins A,D & E, methyl and propyl paraben, color, fragrance.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:19 am      Reply with quote
wow - thanks for looking that up for me...

so you guys think I shouldnt use it??? I just hear how everyone gets red and has that burning sensation so I thought it was doing me good - but still cant understand why the Retin a micro isnt doing that to me...

Plus Im also only using the tiniest needles

thanks again!!
nahaha

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi to you all! I'm a new member here. I have just done my 2nd dermarolling, with a 1.5mm. I did the previous one about a month ago.

My question: Does anyone else notice that wrinkles and skin quality gets WORSE before it gets better? The same day (yesterday) a few hours after rolling the wrinkles around my eye and mouth were much worse, exaggeratedly so. And today still more noticeable. Shock I seem to remember the same thing happening the last time I did it. Then I forgot about it, and the next time I looked in the mirror I (thought) I noticed improvement. Unfortunately I hadn't been carefully following the changes, to guage the actual difference. Now I definitely notice a huge difference to the worse. I think I remember having read something about how sometimes the skin looks worse (and I don't just mean read and blotchy, I mean exaggerated wrinkles and scars) before it gets better with dermarolling. Has this happened to anyone else? What does your skin look like a day/2 days after a dermaroll?

I would really appreciate feedback on this so I can feel better about it just being a normal part of the process! Rolling Eyes

Thanks all you leading edge gals!

Nahaha
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to say, the Dermaroller did nothing for me. I treated some raised scars and marks on my calves and thighs with a 1.5 mm Dr Roller without achieving any noticeable improvement.

I did six rolls weekly or biweekly, and applied retinol cream to the areas prior to each roll. It's now been six weeks since my last roll, and the scars and marks don't look any better than before rolling. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Sorry to say, the Dermaroller did nothing for me. I treated some raised scars and marks on my calves and thighs with a 1.5 mm Dr Roller without achieving any noticeable improvement.

I did six rolls weekly or biweekly, and applied retinol cream to the areas prior to each roll. It's now been six weeks since my last roll, and the scars and marks don't look any better than before rolling. Crying or Very sad

Did you get red on your treated skin? How long did you roll for? Did you apply any CP or emu oil or both after rolling?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:37 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

Did you get red on your treated skin? How long did you roll for? Did you apply any CP or emu oil or both after rolling?

Yes, I rolled pretty aggressively, and my skin was red and sore for a few days after treatment. I rolled in all directions in a star pattern, about 20 times up and down (up - one, down - two etc). I applied retinol after rolling (not prior to, as I told in post). On the non-rolling days I applied avocado oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have not seen any improvement, either. But, I did not expect to after only 6 weekly rolls. It takes months for the improvement 6-12 months from reading around here. All the women who reported results have rolled at least 1 year. Maybe you just need to give it more time, Septembergirl?
batwhirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have not seen any improvement, either. But, I did not expect to after only 6 weekly rolls. It takes months for the improvement 6-12 months from reading around here. All the women who reported results have rolled at least 1 year. Maybe you just need to give it more time, Septembergirl?

Hi rileygirl,

Your suggestion is in alignment with articles I've read also. Here is information from an excerpt about collagen induction on the cit/dermarolling thread:

"I’ve read several articles that describe the three phases of wound healing (Inflammation, Proliferation, Maturation)...When a new sheet of collagen is laid down just above the dermis and is populating with Collagen Type III for approximately 21 days from the onset of the “injury”, it then slowly converts from Type III to Type I. From that point on, the collagen fibers composed of Type I begin to strengthen and the greatest effects of skin remodeling take place and continue to do so for upwards of a year (or longer)."

I'm currently rolling biweekly and when my six are up I'll use my 12 week respite to go back to my led treatments. Only 12 months will tell! If I see dramatic results sooner all the better!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Batwhirl, where do you read that from? Thanks for sharing it! Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Batwhirl, where do you read that from? Thanks for sharing it! Very Happy

Riley,

This article has a very good explanation of the 3 phases that Batwhirl refers to:

Environ® Medical Roll-CIT™ Micro-needling
Revolutionary New Approach to Medical Needling

Probably my FAVORITE rolling article - it contains frequency recommendations, as well as pre- and post-roll protocols for optimal collagen development. Also comparisons of rolling with 1mm vs. 3mm needles.
http://www.dermaconcepts.com/2004/environ1mmNeedling1.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I was starting to see some good results,a deep acne scar starting to break down and smoother appearance in general.
I didnt keep up the weekly rolling schedule.

And now,it seems to be back to the beginning. Confused
So,at least for me. Arrow Make myself take supplements & eat right. Drink lots of water. Exfoliate and feed my skin. Put into action all the things I have learned from all of you.

Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I was starting to see some good results,a deep acne scar starting to break down and smoother appearance in general.
I didnt keep up the weekly rolling schedule.

And now,it seems to be back to the beginning. Confused

That's because the "results" you were seeing were actually just due to inflammation...unless you had been rolling for a very long time AND had also taken a break for a month or so, and STILL saw results.

Most people think that if they are not red and puffy there is no inflammation, but micro-inflammation happens at a cellular level and takes quite a while to dissipate after "wounding"...whether it is from rolling, a peel, Fraxel, etc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:38 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Thank you for your encouragement. Even though collagen building can continue for 12 months, I do believe that most of the improvement will happen during the first weeks or months after rolling. It has now been six weeks since my last roll. If I notice no improvement during the next six weeks, I don't think the treatment has worked for me.

Quote:

Q.: How long to see results?
A: All skin is different, so we can't give a definite time frame re results, but as you roll, your skin will feel lighter, tighter and brighter almost immediately. If you are treating scars or wrinkles, you will see results each week as the skin changes and collagen re-grows, then after 1-3 months deeper results.
www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Thank you for your encouragement. Even though collagen building can continue for 12 months, I do believe that most of the improvement will happen during the first weeks or months after rolling. It has now been six weeks since my last roll. If I notice no improvement during the next six weeks, I don't think the treatment has worked for me.

Quote:

A: All skin is different, so we can't give a definite time frame re results, but as you roll, your skin will feel lighter, tighter and brighter almost immediately. If you are treating scars or wrinkles, you will see results each week as the skin changes and collagen re-grows, then after 1-3 months deeper results. www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

Yeah, I read that too Septembergirl, but just from reading the thread here, I know that is just not true - at least for the women on this forum!

Thanks for the link to the article, Bethany. There have been so many and I have read so much, I can't remember half of it anymore! Very Happy
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Quote:

A: All skin is different, so we can't give a definite time frame re results, but as you roll, your skin will feel lighter, tighter and brighter almost immediately. If you are treating scars or wrinkles, you will see results each week as the skin changes and collagen re-grows, then after 1-3 months deeper results. www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

Yeah, I read that too Septembergirl, but just from reading the thread here, I know that is just not true - at least for the women on this forum!

Okay, Rileygirl, I will wait patiently for my scars to flatten out until - let's say - Christmas. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Keep us posted. I'm too chicken to start needle rolling--especially with 3 mm needles!!! but I have a couple of surgery scars that I'd love to find a way to lighten. So I'll be waiting your next report, Septembergirl...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I will be waiting right there with you Septembergirl! (only for me, I am waiting for my wrinkles to smooth out! Laughing )
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Quote:

A: All skin is different, so we can't give a definite time frame re results, but as you roll, your skin will feel lighter, tighter and brighter almost immediately. If you are treating scars or wrinkles, you will see results each week as the skin changes and collagen re-grows, then after 1-3 months deeper results.
www.dermarollers.com/qa.html

This is in line with the results they showed on the new Derma-Stamp from dermaroller...see pics here for scar results after one month:

http://dermaroller.wordpress.com/2008/08/24/scar-treatment-with-derma-stamp/

Unfortunately, these seem to be the token people with GREAT results vs. the norm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
[Unfortunately, these seem to be the token people with GREAT results vs. the norm.]

Or 16 year olds Wink
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased 1.5 mm dermaroller and will be using it to repair stretchmarks. Wish me luck. Smile

Edit: What I meant was that the purpose is to repair stretchmarks. I have rolled once already. I plan to roll every two weeks to give my skin a chance to heal first. In between rollings, I use copper peptide and emu oil for healing morning and night. I also drybrush skin. I plan to add cupping after the skin feels less raw. I also take extra vitamin C to help with collagen formation. I am starting to see some results after just one roll. Last night I tried super cop 2x, and the result was amazing.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Keep us posted. I'm too chicken to start needle rolling--especially with 3 mm needles!!! but I have a couple of surgery scars that I'd love to find a way to lighten. So I'll be waiting your next report, Septembergirl...

I will report back! Actually, I think it's not too bad to roll small areas on the body that are numbed with ice. The face is a different story...

The best of luck to you, Ruk! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Still too scared to roll my body in case I'm up all night itching (!).

I'm sorry to say that I can't see much improvement in my facial scars either (did my 5th biweekly 1.5mm Dr Roller last night after numbing with Lidocaine spray).

This time I used Skinbiology's CP Serum afterwards. I don't sting as much as I used to post-roll, perhaps it's the needles becoming less sharp. Are CPs ok to use straight after a roll?

The dermaroller has rave reviews on Acne.org so I'm thinking, maybe I don't roll hard enough? (I see blood spots everywhere but don't press too heavily). Perhaps my using the Lanacane (including Benzocaine) straight after the first 4 rolls inhibited any results? Maybe I need a 2mm roller? Or it may be that I have to wait up to a year (and do another 6 biweekly rolls) for my skin to slowly improve.

So like you all, I'm doing the waiting game too.. Pray

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing a lot of thinking on this subject. I think this calls for a talk with the nova clinic and a few other places to get their take on why the majority of us on this forum are not seeing the results way quicker, as they state on their websites. If I get any information, I'll report back.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
This time I used Skinbiology's CP Serum afterwards. I don't sting as much as I used to post-roll, perhaps it's the needles becoming less sharp. Are CPs ok to use straight after a roll?

Yes, you should wait at least 30 minutes after rolling to apply.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |