Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Catballou - I hear you on the pain, sigh. I have to drink the whole darn bottle just to get through the pain...it is unbearable.

I am wondering what topicals you applied after you rolled? It is possible that irritants entered that way, or possibly when you rolled?

BTW, eczema is often treated successfully with anti-fungals...I have had a systemic yeast infection for 20+ years, and recently had a MAJOR rash outbreak in a variety of areas due to too many carbs causing the yeast to flourish (including that darn wine...no dermarolling for me at the moment!).

In doing some research over the last month, I kept seeing the correlation between yeast and eczema come up....you might want to consider a course of Diflucan which impacts any in your bloodstream, or you could do sublingual Oil of Oregano to get it into your bloodstream (most yeast treatments just treat your digestive systems, but that won't work if you have rashes).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi, (((Bethany))). I can't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I was glued to the Dermaroller threads during that time, doing everything just right, and I treated the whole procedure as if it were major surgery.

Yes, I remember now it was you who can drink the whole bottle! Very Happy Hey, I'm just jealous, but I'm a very cheap date.

I'll try adding the Oil of Oregano to my morning arsenal of nutrients. If I can avoid it, I don't take meds.
Regards,
cat

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
*****BUMP*****

Anybody want to offer input on the original thread question;

What has the DERMAROLLER done for you?

Many thanks!

Nothing! I did not have any bad experiences, but nothing good, either.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Here are my results, as previously posted on the Dermaroller thread. My current protocol is rolling every 3 months.

bethany wrote:

Rolling History:
I did a series of 6 rolls (1 per week) starting in mid-May with a 1.0mm Dr. Roller and 1.0mm 3Line Dr. Roller and then took a 90 day break. I now only roll once every 4-6 weeks, and will not be taking future breaks.

Topicals:
The only topicals I use when rolling are RA (face and arms only), and 302 A Boost and Lightening Drops on all areas for the next 3 days in order to replicate Dr. Fernandes' professional protocol (though he actually uses the Environ EssentiA Oil). I have used CPs, but don't think they are essential at all.

I was also using 302 topicals on a daily basis, along with RA 1x a week....including when I was on my 90 day rolling break.

Dermarolling Results:
After a total of 4 months, I saw:
- 90% of my crowsfeet eliminated
- 75% of my glabellas (11's) eliminated
- 30% of my forehead lines eliminated and the rest softened
- 97% of my milia eliminated
- 80% of a neck/collarbone line eliminated
- 80% of the pigmentation eliminated from my hands

I had a VISIA Complexion Analysis done on 9/18 that showed the following, and I will be using this as a baseline for future improvement.
- Fine lines and wrinkles - 99%
- Hyperpigmentation (age/dark spots) - 73%
- Enlarged pores - 97%
- Texture (skin smoothness) - 85%
- Sun damage (UV spots) - 105 counted in the designated area

I have been very fortunate to see results of this magnitude so quickly, especially since I roll way less than most people. And I am definitely expecting/hoping to see more improvement over the next 12 months.

However, though many people do not see these results unless they roll more frequently, and for a longer time period. However, 6 to 7 months seems to be the point where most people start seeing results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany! I've been following your posts in the other Dermaroller thread, and I am in awe of the amount of research you've done and the results you've gotten! However, the thread was far too long for me to read from beginning to end, so I was wondering if you could offer me some advice please?

I have quite a few reddish/purple folding lines on my neck and am interested in dermarolling them away as TCA peels haven't had much of an effect. What topicals do you suggest I use in conjunction with the rolling? And how long of a needle do you think is safe to use without poking a hole in my windpipe (is this possible)?

I have previously tried dermarolling my thighs for drainage and cellulite at a salon, with impressive albeit very temporary results. Although it make no difference on the cellulite, I was noticably slimmer for the 3 mths that I had the treatments (once/wk). The salon charged me far too much for me to afford the treatments on a regular basis, and I've been trying to replicate the results at home without any success. Most importantly I could never figure out what brand of topical solution the therapist used on me when rolling.

In any case, my priority right now are my neck lines, and I'd appreciate any input you can offer, thanks in advance!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Swan - I'll reply to you over on the dermarolling thread.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany!
vivre
5% products discount

Tue May 05, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping!! Hoping to get some results from the long time rollers. This thread would only be for results...Any questions, advice should be directed to the dermarolling thread.

We were saying on the dermarolling thread..how it was a shame that this thread was abandoned as it would be nice to have a place where long time rollers could list their updated protocols along with the results that they received.

We were also aware that this thread may have been abandoned since people were asking for advice and suggestions instead of using it for only results. So it would be great if we could get rollers to post their results and protocols on this thread and we remind new rollers that all questions should be asked (advice, etc) on the dermaroller thread.....

Thanks!!!
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
One thing I noticed with my first roll (about 45 days ago) is how much more even my skin is. I never really thought of my skin tone as uneven before, but wow it really makes a difference. I have one area on the outer left forehead that I never used the roller on and I can clearly see a difference between the opposite area of my forehead. I used tazorac after I rolled and I do think this helped quite a lot.
Bellezza
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I have had a dermal rolling facial in a spa. It was part of several treatments which resulted in very distressed skin (it was better after 3 days). I have also read most of this thread but I can't actually say I understand this method.

Are the benefits a result of what you put on your skin after rolling, because of improved penetration?

Is the rolling itself, with no products applied to skin, beneficial? Since it's not very pleasant to roll my face, I'm debating whether to buy it or not.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've used tazorac for a few years and I've never had the similar results from just tazorac. I think the tazorac increases the benefits caused by the wound response after you derma roll.
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I did four weekly rolls with a 1.0mm, finishing up mid-March. I had used Retin-a in preparation for three months before hand, C-serum~roughly two months, and I've continued to use both topicals to this day.

I understand it may be too soon to see any results, but I have noticed forehead and lower cheek *tracks* where I may have been too aggressive? I'm praying that the collagen build *fills* these areas in. I do not see any difference in some ice pick acne scars I have, nor in the hyperpigmentation~I'm wondering if I need to go to the 1.5mm. I am going to wait until, at least, the 4 month mark to make a determination regarding size.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I have some acne scars that look larger now than they did before. I have a few boxcar and icepick scars and some scarred pores that are all
in the cheek area, near my nose and mouth. For now I'm going to lay off rolling in these areas.

In the future I'll do a test area with a single small diameter needle on a tiny scarred area .(I think you can use diabetic needles or tattoo needles for this, there's more information on acne.org) I'm too paranoid too use the dermaroller again for this. I'm thinking a very small diameter single needle would be ok to try. Oh, and don't use a diabetic lancet- I believe the lancet is beveled and can cause scarring.

I've had great results with the roller elsewhere but it may be that I'm especially prone to scarring on my cheek area? The acne scars aren't bad enough to really bother me that much but I sure don't want to make them worse.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
The Dermaroller did nothing at all for my skin, likely because I didn't "dig" deep enough. I decided to let it go because I didn't want to cause low-grade inflammation on a continuous basis and wreck my skin.

Lagomorph, do you have something to do with bunnies?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Lagomorph, do you have something to do with bunnies?

Yes, I have a mini rex. She's spayed and uses a litter box. She doesn't have a cage so I'm into some serious rabbit proofing. She even sleeps on my bed at night. Laughing
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Lagomorph, I thought so! I have had house-trained bunnies as well, both Dutch and mini-lops. I adore rabbits.

back to topic, you mentioned that you had great success with the Dermaroller elsewhere. Could you please expand a little?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 10, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Well, my skin tone is much more even. I'm prone to dark bluish circles under my eyes and this area looks a lot better, especially the inner corners of my eyes. The skin looks pinker, less blue, and thicker.
Of course, you can't use a roller for the inner corners so I used a softap device with just a few needles. This area is easy to do because it's not painful at all unlike the rest of the eye area. (there's more info on the softap in the dermastamp device thread- I don't really recommend it though, it's probably just as simple to use a single needle.)
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
polkadot wrote:
My rolling technique- I numb up an area with ice as long as I can stand it, I want it good and numb so I can really roll. I roll a little quickly so the numbing doesn't wear off. I go up and down, side to side and diagonally. I try to do 20 rolls in each direction( up 1, down2 etc...)I roll a little more on the places that need it, nasal folds, scars and the 11's between the eyes. Basically I just try to put as many hole's in my face that I can stand. Wink
I don't use any actives, I have retin A but I stay pink when I use it. I just roll and then I am very gentle with my skin.
I do take lots of vitamins. A multi,1000 mg's C 3x's a day, Vit e, Hyaluronic acid 100mg 2x's a day, msm, cod liver oil,Alpha lipoic acid and a few more. I do think the Vitamin C and the Hyaluronic acid are important.
I think I probably wouldn't have gotten scaring in the first place if my diet had been better. When I was young I had a horrible diet and rarely ate anything with vitamin C. As you all know Vit C is so important for collagen. When the acne damaged my skin I didn't have any vitamin c in my system to re-build my collagen. This just my theory. Very Happy
For the first time in my life I haven't been using anything on my face at night. I use a frownie between my eyes, but that's it.
Hope that answered your questions.
I really hope others post their success stories!!!

Polkadot said:

"I use a frownie between my eyes"

Does anyone know what a 'frownie' is?

TIA Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.frownies.com/

they're ok.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Inky you could just use tape. Much cheaper and does the exact same thing. I've been sleeping with tape under my eyes for sleep lines for years now.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have used .25 for 3 days, am I a bit crazy that I use it morning and night? I use on my face and neck.

I am also using Obagi.(started in mid-March 09)

Result : although only 3 days, I am very very happy with the result, my skin looks so smooth.

Am I rolling too much?

Another question, I have to wear make-up in the morning, I am afraid the foundation will go deep to my skin. Any advice?
mlredo

Tue May 26, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Last February I started rolling my face and chest with a 1mm MTS roller. I rolled every other week for approximately 6 weeks in conjunction with my STOP. I loved the initial results! I am unsure if it was the roller or my stop. Yet, within 6 weeks I started getting these odd pimples! Hard and random places deep within my skin. Not regular whiteheads but, very hard and lingering for weeks! I stopped using the roller and STOP in late March because while firmness seemed better....the hard pimples were crazy.
Did anyone get these from rolling? Could it have been some sort of odd collagen formation? I am at a loss. I really want to start back with rolling and the STOP but, I am concerned about acquiring more of these odd pimples.
Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Inky you could just use tape. Much cheaper and does the exact same thing. I've been sleeping with tape under my eyes for sleep lines for years now.

Where exactly do you apply it?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
mlredo wrote:
Last February I started rolling my face and chest with a 1mm MTS roller. I rolled every other week for approximately 6 weeks in conjunction with my STOP. I loved the initial results! I am unsure if it was the roller or my stop. Yet, within 6 weeks I started getting these odd pimples! Hard and random places deep within my skin. Not regular whiteheads but, very hard and lingering for weeks! I stopped using the roller and STOP in late March because while firmness seemed better....the hard pimples were crazy.
Did anyone get these from rolling? Could it have been some sort of odd collagen formation? I am at a loss. I really want to start back with rolling and the STOP but, I am concerned about acquiring more of these odd pimples.
Thanks!

You probably need to space the two treatments out. It sounds like you were getting counter-reactions between the two.

tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you who are interested in treating thinning and wrinkling on your hands, I've had good luck with dermarolling. (I'll post this in the hands thread too.) Here is a link to my hand photos; I'm in the middle of the rolling protocol.

http://flickr.com/gp/25893073@N04/0Ak82Z

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |