Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Those results are great Tessera! What kind of hand protocol are you using?

TIA

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

TIA

Inky

Hi Inky! I posted the protocol over on the Aging Hands thread (I think), but here's a copy: You know how you wake up one morning and can no longer read with your bare eyes? That also happened with my hands- one day they were fine, the next day they were shriveled little monkey paws. I tried my Anti-Aging LightStim on them and got some improvement, but not enough to show in pictures. So I read the whole Dermaroller thread (it was shorter then), especially Bethany's posts. I prepped with 3 weeks of oral Vit. A & C and topical retin-A and retinol (alternating) and Kassy's DIY Ferulic, E & C serum. Then I did alternating rolls, at least 2 weeks apart, with .5mm and 1.0mm rollers, starting with the .5 for the first session, the 1.0 for the second session, and so on. I use Tridocaine anaesthetic cream for the 1.0mm rolls, sterilize the rollers with alcohol, wash the skin and wipe down with alcohol before rolling. I only roll on clean, bare skin. For 3 days post-roll, I applied avocado oil and one drop THA (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate = oil-soluble Vit.C);after the first three rolling sessions (.5, 1.0, .5), I switched to Neutrogena anti-wrinkle intensive night cream for the Vit.A source, + one drop THA. Between rolls, I occasionally used retin-A and used Kassy's C serum daily. I then tried using retin-A right after the third 1.0 roll; it caused 2 weeks of peeling, some of which was in sheets. (In the interests of my liver, I'm going back to the Neutrogena for post-roll treatment.) Starting 3 days post roll, I use my AALS 2-3 times per week. I'm doing a total of 6 1.0mm rolls and 6 .5mm rolls; right now, I'm halfway through and really happy with the results. Very Happy HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 30, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

TIA

Inky

Hi Inky! I posted the protocol over on the Aging Hands thread (I think), but here's a copy: You know how you wake up one morning and can no longer read with your bare eyes? That also happened with my hands- one day they were fine, the next day they were shriveled little monkey paws. I tried my Anti-Aging LightStim on them and got some improvement, but not enough to show in pictures. So I read the whole Dermaroller thread (it was shorter then), especially Bethany's posts. I prepped with 3 weeks of oral Vit. A & C and topical retin-A and retinol (alternating) and Kassy's DIY Ferulic, E & C serum. Then I did alternating rolls, at least 2 weeks apart, with .5mm and 1.0mm rollers, starting with the .5 for the first session, the 1.0 for the second session, and so on. I use Tridocaine anaesthetic cream for the 1.0mm rolls, sterilize the rollers with alcohol, wash the skin and wipe down with alcohol before rolling. I only roll on clean, bare skin. For 3 days post-roll, I applied avocado oil and one drop THA (Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate = oil-soluble Vit.C);after the first three rolling sessions (.5, 1.0, .5), I switched to Neutrogena anti-wrinkle intensive night cream for the Vit.A source, + one drop THA. Between rolls, I occasionally used retin-A and used Kassy's C serum daily. I then tried using retin-A right after the third 1.0 roll; it caused 2 weeks of peeling, some of which was in sheets. (In the interests of my liver, I'm going back to the Neutrogena for post-roll treatment.) Starting 3 days post roll, I use my AALS 2-3 times per week. I'm doing a total of 6 1.0mm rolls and 6 .5mm rolls; right now, I'm halfway through and really happy with the results. Very Happy HTH

Tess,

Wow. That's fantastic. Thanks so much for posting. It's so hard to read through these threads now to find what you want-- some are so long. And dermarolling is definitely hot! I'm going to copy/paste this in my dermarolling file. Very Happy

Inky

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, tessera - that is great!

Can I ask why you wait 2 weeks between hand rolls? I just started rolling and was planning to wait 6 weeks between rolls on my face (using 1mm and 1.5mm rollers).

Is it because the skin on the hands is less sensitive?

Thanks, BF
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I, unfortunately, have not been able to keep up a rolling routine to assertain if it works for me or not.

I last rolled about 5 mos ago - just before I started using 302 products. I have been unable to roll due to constant breakouts on my face since starting w/ the 302.

Why have I done this, you ask? (I know - sounds nuts)

I had a hard time doing rolls even before trying 302 since I would have an occasional blemish here and there and perhaps, even a few hidden ones. Having blemishes is a contraindication to rolling as rolling will bring on more (which it did for me).

Because of this (and my past history of on-again/off-again treating my complexion), I wanted to try 302 to get my skin to a 'baseline' as they say. I have not had a very easy transition doing this, but still have hopes to get clear skin and be able to roll again.

I'm sorry to hear of those who haven't had much luck. I do think I saw a little improvement earlier, so I do want to try again.

tessera - that's a great improvement in the looks of your hands! That's another area I'd love to try (don't have to wait for my face toclear up for that!) What size roller do you ue?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Wow, tessera - that is great!

Can I ask why you wait 2 weeks between hand rolls? I just started rolling and was planning to wait 6 weeks between rolls on my face (using 1mm and 1.5mm rollers).

Is it because the skin on the hands is less sensitive?

Thanks, BF

Hi, BF! No, nothing to do with sensitivity. I selected my needle sizes based on their effect:

0.5mm - alopecia, deeper wrinkles, face rejuvenation
1.0mm - loose elasticity, cellulite, stretch marks, skin pigmentation

Then, during my research, I found this information on one of the dermaroller sites:

Home Care
0.5mm
3 days [minimum time between rolls]
5 – 7 days [recommended time]

Medical Care
1.0mm
1 week [minimum time between rolls]
2 – 4 weeks [recommended time]

I believe more time between rolls is better than less time,in order to allow collagenesis, so I do the 1.0 rolls at least four weeks apart (the maximum recommended time) and the .5 rolls at least two weeks after a previous roll (twice the maximum recommended time). There are often longer periods between rolls, depending on what's going on in my life. Smile I'm following a similar schedule for my forehead, neck and chest, so I like to space out the exposure to the Tridocaine. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
What size roller do you ue?

Hi, foxe! My whole protocol is set out a few messages above this. I use the .5mm and 1.0mm rollers.

I agree that it's definitely a good idea to avoid rolling a pimple; the thought of spreading the infection throughout the deeper skin layers is not pleasant. I've had to postpone a few face rolls for that reason. Good luck with the 302.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you saved $$$ as a result of dermarolling?

Examples - less need for Botox or other treatments?

BF
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Have any of you saved $$$ as a result of dermarolling?

Examples - less need for Botox or other treatments?

BF

If I had the money (or inclination to spend it), I could have gotten medical TCA peels and fat injections for my hands, but I'm much happier with the dermarolling. Not only is it less expensive, it's way less invasive, very little down time, little chance of infection (when following proper protocol) or hyper or hypopigmentation, and a more permanent effect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
From my very limited experience with this, it seems like something I could see myself doing for the rest of my life, provided the rollers will still be available in the future. Over time, I might be able to get away with doing it less often, but then over time, age will be overtaking me too Rolling Eyes

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Background: I have used the product-penetration rollers a few times, then on June 17th, I did my first ever deep roll, using a 1mm roller.

Now, 12 days later, I am noticing that two of my wrinkles near my nose are definitely gone.

This can't be due to new collagen, it's too soon - so can I assume that this is still resulting from inflammation?

Thanks, BF
Face4ward
5% products discount

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Tessera....may I ask where you get your Retin A? Sounds like you got hold of a potent batch! Retin A is extremely unstable. I never am sure from tube to tube if what I'm using is going to do its thing.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Face4ward wrote:
Tessera....may I ask where you get your Retin A? Sounds like you got hold of a potent batch! Retin A is extremely unstable. I never am sure from tube to tube if what I'm using is going to do its thing.

I got it from Susan RN, who used to post on the old YTF board. She and her husband (a physician I believe, maybe a dermatologist?) had their own cream formulation that did not contain whatever the stuff is that can cause acne and is in some retin-a creams. I really like it, but they had to close their practice due to the economy and Susan RN went to work for a non-dermatologist. I don't know if they are still selling it and I'm on my last tube. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Background: I have used the product-penetration rollers a few times, then on June 17th, I did my first ever deep roll, using a 1mm roller.

Now, 12 days later, I am noticing that two of my wrinkles near my nose are definitely gone.

This can't be due to new collagen, it's too soon - so can I assume that this is still resulting from inflammation?

Thanks, BF

Since I'm not a doctor, I can't make an educated guess. However, if I saw the same thing in myself, I would assume it was continuing inflammation/edema. It does take a while to completely settle down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:14 am      Reply with quote
The dermaroller did nothing for me in the three months that I used it on my face. I believe this is because it was just causing mild inflammation. Bethany's research is brilliant and I'm quite sure that you have to dig deep to generate results. (If you read Younger Next Year for Women by Chris Crowley, he talks about low-grade inflammation caused by mild activity being detrimental, and major breakdown and attendant inflammation as an instigator of repair and rejuvenation (not of the skin per se but the whole body).

I am going to start using my demaroller on my arms, where the inner-arm skin is looking particularly weak. I'll be diligent and "dramatic" with it and report back results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
tessera...If you are doing your rolls consistently every two weeks, how do you know that your great results are not just from the inflammation? I ask this not as a protaganist, but as someone that is still not totally sure whether dermarolling REALLY produces results (and I have rolled and rolled and rolled!)

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
tessera...If you are doing your rolls consistently every two weeks, how do you know that your great results are not just from the inflammation? I ask this not as a protaganist, but as someone that is still not totally sure whether dermarolling REALLY produces results (and I have rolled and rolled and rolled!)

I'm not convinced that doing frequent low intensity rolls produces real results either, but I certainly feel that doing the more intense "one time" rolls is indeed effective. In all of the photos I've seen with the most dramatic results have come from doing one really bloody roll.

I've had instances where I've done chemical peels on my hands and feet and for the first two to three weeks everything is as smooth as a baby's bottom, then thereafter, everything is back to being dry and crepey!
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:

Hi mountaingirl, I'm pretty sure the results are from the dermarolling precisely because I do not consistently roll every two weeks if it simply doesn't fit my schedule to be red and/or peeling. Right now, it's summer, I'm in the sun a lot, and I don't want to increase my absorption of Vit. A or sunscreen, so I haven't rolled my hands at all since June 10 (23 days). They're not red or puffy; they look perfectly normal, but the improvement is still there. I think it's better to stretch out the periods between rolls and make sure your skin is receiving plenty of A & C, both internally and externally, between rolls. If you're doing all that, I have no idea why you wouldn't get results. Sad

5% products discount

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have read through most of the thread and you ladies seem so knowledgeable and positive so I think I am now ready to Roll! My question is, what size roller should I get for cellulite and sagging skin on butt and back of thighs. I know that skin is thicker there and there's more fat than on face - 1.5, 2.5 or 1.0 since never rolled before. I plan to use Ice and witch hazel right after. Along with Birch weleda's cellulite oils. Are oils ok so use after rolling? Also, how frequently for cellulite. Every week, every four weeks. I'll take any and all advice. Thank you in advance!!!!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
But if they are generating some different kinds of inflammation, and one is damaging and one isn't, that would be cool...but I haven't found anything like that online yet.

Bethany, I am not sure if you are still reading the forum, but if you go to my Inflammation thread - you will find more info on this.

BF
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried a cool compress soaked in green tea and/or chamomile after a roll? It seems like that would help with pain and swelling. I have ordered a .25 and a 1.mm. I'm thinking about trying the tea compress after the 1.mm. I'll brew some strong tea, soak a cloth in it and refrigerate the cloth until after the roll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried any compresses - I tend to follow the instructions to shower the area, gently remove any ooze to prevent crusting, then immediately apply the oil based vitamins & antioxidants.

BF
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, that sounds like a good idea. After my trip, I am going to dermaroll my arms deeply, avoiding the vein that sticks out, and try the cool green tea compresses afterwards. I have to say I am very scared of any process that causes oozing and what-not but desperate times call for desperate measures!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't rolled for some time (I do not in the summer because I'm in the sun a lot. I recently examined my arms. My right arm has been rolled a lot due to a scar from an oven burn(now nearly gone).

My right arm is smoother and has much less brown spotting than the left. I am very pleased with rolling. I do believe that leaving 4 weeks between rolls is a good idea.
ctinlb

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
im glad i found this forum... I have been using a 1.5 dermaroller for some acne scars (one very large one on my check mostly) for a couple of months now. Some improvement but still no happy. I am usually a very outgoing and confident person but now am soo insecure about my scars.. After reading this forum I seen the post from polkadot who said she is very agressive, which i havnt' been.... Last night I iced up my cheeks (which worked wonderfully) and went for it. I rolled hard and fast. My cheeks are red and slightly bruised this morning. I also applied super cp serum then emu oil after. Something i havn't been doing either.. Today the scars to seem more filled in but that's probably just from the swelling.. I really hope this works for me... I want to be normal again.. Does anyone know how long would be a good before I roll again??
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |