Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Report: What has the DERMAROLLER done for you.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Dermarolling my hands is the best I can do for them. They have respond faster and better than my face for sure.

BTW I have a brand new derma-stamp (0.8mm) taht I am eager to try, hopefully this weekend Wink
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
ctinlb wrote:
im glad i found this forum... I have been using a 1.5 dermaroller for some acne scars (one very large one on my check mostly) for a couple of months now. Some improvement but still no happy. I am usually a very outgoing and confident person but now am soo insecure about my scars.. After reading this forum I seen the post from polkadot who said she is very agressive, which i havnt' been.... Last night I iced up my cheeks (which worked wonderfully) and went for it. I rolled hard and fast. My cheeks are red and slightly bruised this morning. I also applied super cp serum then emu oil after. Something i havn't been doing either.. Today the scars to seem more filled in but that's probably just from the swelling.. I really hope this works for me... I want to be normal again.. Does anyone know how long would be a good before I roll again??

Hi, with a 1.5mm, you only want to roll every 4-6 weeks. Anything more than that will destroy the new collagen. Also, you don't want to use Emu oil or any anti-inflammatory right after rolling. The inflammation is an important part of stimulating new collagen growth so wait for one week before applying emu oil. For deeper scars (not sure what yours are like, owndoc.com sells single needles that can target deep scars. Good luck.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Dermarolling my hands is the best I can do for them. They have respond faster and better than my face for sure.

BTW I have a brand new derma-stamp (0.8mm) taht I am eager to try, hopefully this weekend Wink

Hi there Zenity. Smile
So the derma stamps are on the market now are they? Is the 0.8 the only length they sell and are you going to be targeting a scar?
By the way, it's good to see you pop in on the forum every now and then. Smile
nicerkitten
5% products discount

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading all the information here about derma rolling.
I received my first derma roller (1mm) yesterday and gave it a go. I used numbing cream, but I still found it painful, and, as it was my first roll, I only rolled a few times.

My questions are:
1. What is the best thing to use on your face after rolling? A lot of people mention Vit A and Retin A and it seems to me that people think they are the same thing. I thought that Retin A and tretinoin were the same thing and a Vitamin A cream was completely different. When the derma roller articles mention to use vitamin A after rolling, I thought they meant a cream rich in vitamin A as opposed to tretinoin. Can someone clarify this?

2. I am actually on the Obagi Nu derm system (for 6 months now) so I do use the Obagi tretinoin 0.1% every night. How can you combine this system with the derma rolling? Can you put on your tretinoin after rolling? And if so, what else would you put on afterwards?

When I rolled last night, I was too worried to put on tretinoin afterwards as my skin was quite red and sensitive so I just put on Obagi C serum, however my skin felt like it needed some more moisture. If anyone could recommend something specific that I can get in the UK that would be great.

5% products discount

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Retinoids are chemically related to vitamin A. There are different forms of vit. A: Vitamin A palmitate (retinyl palmitate) and vitamin A acetate (retinyl acetate) are usually used as nutritional supplements. Retinyl palmitate is a more stable version of Retinol, because the skin has to further break down retinyl palmitate, therefore as a topical it is preferred to apply Retinol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:

Hi, with a 1.5mm, you only want to roll every 4-6 weeks. Anything more than that will destroy the new collagen. Also, you don't want to use Emu oil or any anti-inflammatory right after rolling. The inflammation is an important part of stimulating new collagen growth so wait for one week before applying emu oil. For deeper scars (not sure what yours are like, owndoc.com sells single needles that can target deep scars. Good luck.

And how about dermarolling with 1,00 mm? I am using it for a month now every third day. Is that also to often for new collagen?
I read so many opinions over the internet and I am not sure anymore how to deal with that Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Did dermarolling make anyone's skin look worse than before?
killy
5% products discount

Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a 0.5 roller for a few weeks and think it has helped. I've now bought a 1.0 roller and Ret-A also use copper peptide mask....and Vit c serum Kassy's recipe with Jojoba and Sea Kelp etc. My question is when is the best time to use all of these to get the best results ? I have always just used night cream/day cream so you can understand my confusion. Thanks for any help you can give me
My skin is mature with a few wrinkles - no acne Confused
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have really great results with dermarolling and single needling my old, white stretch marks. They faded so much that they are almost invisible.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Used a .5 roller on my acne scars in conjunction with cps. There are still a few indentations on my cheeks, but the ones on my forehead aren't visible at all anymore. Took a LONG time, maybe a year total and did nothing for the small keloid scratch on my chin, but I'm thrilled with the results.

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Martal, how do you use the single needle? I have used a 0.5 mm on my face on/off past 2 yrs though not like I should. I am now trying to be more religious about the process. I have the single needle and 1.5mm single row needle. I want to start using single and 1.5mm for stretchmarks on my hips and thighs. My 1rst post...yea. Thank for you help. Thanks to all of you.
Sidmo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM wrote:
Did dermarolling make anyone's skin look worse than before?

My hands seem to have never fully recovered from the three times I rolled them. It was 8 weeks apart, last treatment in may. The holes made by the roller are still there.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Martal, I realize this is for posting of results from dermarolling. I went 2 the derma rolling for stretchmarks post site and found the answer I needed for single needle roll. Thanks anyway.

I started rolling again approx 12.5 weeks ago. I used a 0.5mm for approx. 1 wk. then I started using a 1.5mm roller on me face and a single row roller also 1.5mm on my legs. In the last yr. I have developed SM all over my legs where they use 2 be on my buttocks and hips only. I also have mild jowling and hyperpigmentation. I roll for 1 wk. then rest 4wks. I have completed this cycle 2x. In between the Rest cycles I have done 1 AHA peel.(aware of the recommended rolling sched). Using the 1.5mm fairly aggressively on my face I see marked improvement in my jowling & the pigmentation has improved as well. The peel in between the rolling helped with the pigmentation. Post rolling I apply A&D ointment only. I purchased the single row (1.5 and 2.0mm )roller recently & used 1.5mm on my legs, but have not seen any improvement in SM...yet. I also have 2 single needles that I purchased approx. 2 yrs ago but have not used. I want to start using the single needles on buttock and hip SM. My products are purchased thru OwnDoc.
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

This is my 4th year dermarolling with a 1.5 mm roller. I usually do 6 aggressive rolls a year spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart. This year, I have been so busy that I only got two rolls in. I think that I will try to do 1 roll every month or two over the next year.

I prepare my skin with Retinol, Retin A, and vitamin C before the roll. Afterwards, I use an oil soluble vitamin C immediately and other DIY products. I used the Environ products once and liked them, but they are a little pricey for me to use regularly.

My procedure when I roll:
1. facial exercise
2. exfoliate with pumpkin enzyme peel
3. EMLA numbing cream covered with plastic
4. Remove plastic and EMLA and roll sections until my entire face and neck are done.
5. Apply green tea
6. Use LED
7. Apply oil soluble vitamin c with retinol added.
8. Follow up with ultrasound on subsequent days.
9. I will also apply aloe vera gel straight from the plant a couple of days after the dermaroll.

I roll my entire face, eyelids, and neck as aggressively as possible. I do it on a Friday night and by Monday I can go to work. People don't notice or don't say anything.

About 6 months after my first roll, I noticed the results when I was doing facial massage and exercise. I can feel that my skin is thicker, I can see that any sun spots are reduced or eliminated, and my pores are refined. I feel that this is the strongest self treatment that I can do for myself. I also eat healthy to support skin renewal.

Between facial exercise, lymphatic facial massage, DIY products and dermarolling, with some LED and ultrasound too, I am pleased with the results. Dermarolling is not easy for me, but I enjoy the results.

I am 53 and have crinkly eyes when I smile but everything else seems pretty good. I have been focusing on my neck over the last couple of years, exercising the muscles and strong skin remodeling has tightened my neck skin up.

Hope this helps.
HGG

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Revision: I will be 53 in Feb. I do not know why I am shorting myself by saying that I am 53 now! I wrote that without thinking about it. LOL

61 in 2/2021. Author of "Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care" May 2015. Sunscreen/skin protection, DIY C serum, firming serums, Retin-A, OCM, FlexEffect from 2002, lymphatic massage, 6 rolls/year 1.5 mm derma roller from 2008, Infrared/Red LED from 2009, Galvanic/Ultrasound intermittent
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I thought that I would post some photos for a bit. I probably will only keep these posted for a week or so.

Image 1992 at 34

Image 2007 at 48

Image 11/2011 at 52

I have not compared older photos before but just scanned some photos for my daughter and had the 1992 photo available for comparison.

It's great to read your posts and share skin care tips, thanks!

HGG

Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:29 am      Reply with quote
You look fabulous!!

Not just the dermarolling but also the exercises really work for you! In another topic there were questions about long term effects of flex effect. Maybe you should post your pics there as well, your results are great!!!!
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lotusesther!

Thanks so much! I agree, the facial exercises have worked great for me, they are the basic foundation for my skin care routine. I will post these pics on the Flex Effect results post as well.

HGG

mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
hydrogeogirl wrote:
Hi,

This is my 4th year dermarolling with a 1.5 mm roller. I usually do 6 aggressive rolls a year spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart. This year, I have been so busy that I only got two rolls in. I think that I will try to do 1 roll every month or two over I prepare my skin with Retinol, Retin A, and vitamin C before the roll. Afterwards, I use an oil soluble vitamin C immediately and other DIY products. I used the Environ products once and liked them, but they are a little pricey for me to use regularly.

My procedure when I roll:
1. facial exercise
2. exfoliate with pumpkin enzyme peel
3. EMLA numbing cream covered with plastic
4. Remove plastic and EMLA and roll sections until my entire face and neck are done.
5. Apply green tea
6. Use LED
7. Apply oil soluble vitamin c with retinol added.
8. Follow up with ultrasound on subsequent days.
9. I will also apply aloe vera gel straight from the plant a couple of days after the dermaroll.

I roll my entire face, eyelids, and neck as aggressively as possible. I do it on a Friday night and by Monday I can go to work. People don't notice or don't say anything.

About 6 months after my first roll, I noticed the results when I was doing facial massage and exercise. I can feel that my skin is thicker, I can see that any sun spots are reduced or eliminated, and my pores are refined. I feel that this is the strongest self treatment that I can do for myself. I also eat healthy to support skin renewal.

Between facial exercise, lymphatic facial massage, DIY products and dermarolling, with some LED and ultrasound too, I am pleased with the results. Dermarolling is not easy for me, but I enjoy the results.

I am 53 and have crinkly eyes when I smile but everything else seems pretty good. I have been focusing on my neck over the last couple of years, exercising the muscles and strong skin remodeling has tightened my neck skin up.

Hope this helps.
HGG

I get concerned when I read some of the procedures people have instituted and fear that others may assume it is "the right way" and copy it, so let me just suggest an alternative to hydrogeogirls routine. Here is my routine, and I'm using the "bigger guns" now, and am doing it much less frequently than in the old days.

*I use retin a at night and C serums in the AM for the weeks preceding the roll ( I do this all the time anyway)
*exfoliate gently before roll, (eeeek....I think pumpkin peels are too harsh.)
*Prior to roll, use Emla with saran wrap to numb face 45mins to 1 hr
*wipe off Emla with paper towels, then alcohol before beginning roll
*I roll face and neck with a 2mm roller in sections, and splash lukewarm to coolish water on face afterwards to remove blood
*Apply Infadolin (A &D type oinment) that night, and for the subsquent 5-7 nights, then resume Retin A
*Apply (DIY) Vit C serum (oil free) in AM the next morning and every morning thereafter
*I don't apply anything else to my skin for a good 48 hours or more. No makeup, no sunscreen, no gadgets or gizmo's.... and resume makeup and sunscreen on day 3.

Hydrogeogirl looks beautiful in her pictures but I disagree with a number of things she is doing. That is the "beauty" of this forum. We have an opportunity to share our different ideas and practices. OK...I wouldn't agree with Hydrogeogirl rolling eyelids!!!! Shock Nor do I concur with using LED or ultrasound following a treament-- or even within the first couple of weeks after the roll. I wouldn't use aloe either because it is an anti-inflammatory agent and actually inhibits inflammation, altho I realize it would be cooling and feel good.

I also think agressive rolls with a 1.5mm every 2 wks is tooooo much. I used to do that too and finally realized I wasn't giving the healing cascade a chance to do its thing, before I attacked my skin again. My two cents. I'm sure there are folks that would disagree with me, and please feel free to speak up.

In terms of what rolling has done for me: Thickened and plumped up my skin. Diminished lines here and there. Nothing profound but subtle changes. I'm a total believe in rolling.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Beck13
5% products discount

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
have any of you tried derma rollng for stretch marks on breasts?? Mine aren't too deep. Old from puberty. I just want to know if the pain is worth it!! what size of needles should I start?
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mountain Girl

Have to agree with your precautions

The aloe vera is also not a good idea, as you mentioned.

Plus isn't that too drying after dermarolling? The idea is to keep the skin moisturised after dermarolling yes???

Could you also explain about why to wait to use the LED after dermarolling???

Thanks! Smile
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
Hi Mountain Girl

Have to agree with your precautions

The aloe vera is also not a good idea, as you mentioned.

Plus isn't that too drying after dermarolling? The idea is to keep the skin moisturised after dermarolling yes???

Could you also explain about why to wait to use the LED after dermarolling???

Thanks! Smile

Stork...I am certainly not an expert on Dermarolling, but I have read a lot about it all over the web, and I have yet to see a recommendation to use an LED or ultrasonic device, etc, after rolling. I can't find any expert even mentioning it yea or nay. Adding more to the dermarolling-healing-mix is not necessarily better. Rolling Eyes Keep it simple and your skin will "do its thing" naturally! I am chompin' at the bit to use my AALS again, and my last roll was 3 wks ago. I'll probably restart on Monday. Drool Regarding moisturizing: I use Infadolin, which is an ointment and VERY moisturizing after the roll and for the first 5 days or so, then I switch back to my Retin A. My face usually peels a bit several days after the roll, from the skin being inflated (from the inflammation Wink .) The stretched skin peels as it deflates! I am not sure that keeping the skin moist, is important after a roll, except maybe to prevent peeling?? I believe its more important to apply the proper "nutrients."

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding LED use after PCI or dermarolling:

I follow instructions provided to me several years ago by Rita at Prolight Aesthetic International. The channels opened by the dermaroller allow the LED to penetrate promoting collagen production. My skin is better than it has been my whole life and I will continue to use this method going into my 5th year of dermarolling. However, as DIYrs we each develop our own protocol that works for each of us individually based on our own research and advise. I have not advised otherwise, only supported my before/after photos with my personal routine. HGG

mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
You do look great HydroG...!

hydrogeogirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks mountaingirl!! Smile

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |