Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
New Julie Hewitt
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed May 14, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't this new Chubby Cheekie Brush from Julie Hewett the cutest? I hope EDS gets it in...

The new Ombre and Tulle palettes...

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I Want that ombre palette - Oh Please get this EDS......

Thanks Havana
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I Want that ombre palette - Oh Please get this EDS......

Thanks Havana

I want the new spring palette. You have good taste, Sis. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
The brush is cute, but it looks stiff? Anyone know. Brisles look like they would scratch my face Confused

Wed May 14, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
The brush is cute, but it looks stiff? Anyone know. Brisles look like they would scratch my face Confused

It's not much but I read that it is a small 3.25" brush (including the bristles) and that it is more like a reverse skunk brush.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
The brush is cute. Good purse size I would say. I wonder if you could use it with the cream blush - someone on here does that - Flitcraft...

I want both palettes!!!!!
havana8

Wed May 14, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
The brush is cute. Good purse size I would say. I wonder if you could use it with the cream blush - someone on here does that - Flitcraft...

I want both palettes!!!!!

me too! Razz Are the cheekies considered cream blushes? I think the brush is made specifically for them.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - they are cream style blushes. Very nice - actually the only cream type I have liked. Interesting that she now has a brush. I've used my fingers and just pat, pat, pat it on top of the cheek area - no massage! Flitcraft uses a skunk brush and says it works fantastic. I've not tried to do that. But with this brush I would.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I spotted the Tulle palette on Julie Hewett site, and I am really in love with this palette. I really hope EDS will get this palette, because it has colors that I do not have yet.

The other palettes look really good as well, but I have most of the colors in the full size form.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I just bit the bullet and ordered the cheekie brush (which I truly don't need, but I rationalized it by saying I need it for traveling) and the Ombre palette. There's a discount code now that gives 25% off on the Julie Hewett website--luckybreaks5. I don't know how long it's good for, so if you want to order anything, hop to it.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:25 am      Reply with quote
i live in Hong Kong now, I saw this brand in LaneCrawfore, but I haven't tried it..is this good?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I just bit the bullet and ordered the cheekie brush (which I truly don't need, but I rationalized it by saying I need it for traveling) and the Ombre palette. There's a discount code now that gives 25% off on the Julie Hewett website--luckybreaks5. I don't know how long it's good for, so if you want to order anything, hop to it.

Flitcraft I ordered the same thing. Thanks for the discount code.... Sis
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing the Chubby Cheekie Brush (ain't that the cutest name?) is good for any cream or mousse blush. It looks similar to the Stila stippling brush (flat top) recommended for their Rouge Pots.

I shouldn't even look at this thread, realy. I am ordering two Cheekies (wouldn't they look good together? Oh!) but I have Alima #21 (buffer) brush which I'm sure I could use with them, seeing that I can use it with my sister's BB cream blush. I have two other blush brushes, I realy don't need this chubby cutie. Honestly.

Or do I? Drool

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pumpingmummy - Well, I didn't have a brush for Cheekies so I HAD to get it

Start with the cheekies and see how it goes... What colors will you be getting?
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi sis, I'm getting Natural and Peachie. What colours do you have?

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent colors! - I have and love them... I use the natural the most - sometimes alone... Just lightly pat it on all over the cheek area. Sometimes I will add the peach on cheek bone for the extra look and glow. I really love this product. And these two colors are my favs..

I just ordered the ombre palette and it has Bette in it - a darker tone and will let you know how this is... It seemed like a nice alternative.

Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Update - The Ombre Palette and chubbie cheekie brush Very Happy arrived and LOVE them. The eyeshadows blend so nicely and the colors are lovely I expected to like them but everything in the palette is wearable and blendable and I would expect look good on anyone.
Bette is a nice blush color = rounds out my collection of natural and peach and this is more of a soft rosy flush.

I thought the Mandy palette was great and I like this better overall.

And the brush is perfect. Soft and applies the blush beautifully.

Can you tell I'm loving this!
sleepylily
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
They are too cute Surprised want to have one~~
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets - glad you are enjoying your new toys! Can you tell me more about the brush? What is it made of? I went to their website it doesn't say much. Does apply Cheekies well?

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
when I bought it I really didn't know what to expect but knowing Julie Hewett's reputation for quality and her work in Hollywood I believed it would be appropriate for the intended task.

It is soft - hard to explain but you dab it into the blush and it's just the right type of bristle texture and softness to pick up a small amount of the product and it does apply nicely. I dont know the type of bristle it is. but in this case a synthetic might be better as a natural may be more likely to absorb the cream - not sure of this but whatever the brush is I'm sure JH has validated that it is very user friendly ad put her stamp of approval on it.
When I put the blush on with my fingers I felt like I had to be careful not to smear it all around. I would carefully dab because I didn't want to push cream into my skin. I feel like the brush may actually help with using more of just the right amount of the blush - less waste.

I'm oily and this blush still works for me. the first ever cream I really love.
Oh... and wow is the brush ever CUTE Wink
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Nevermind found this on MUA hehe: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/sreview.asp/itemid=105031/rid=1235889/

ETA: Oh how quickly your replied! Thanks so much helps a lot with making me drool for that brush! Rolling Eyes Laughing

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh that was perfect! It's a great little tool.
havana8

Thu May 22, 2008 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, Sister Sweets! I couldn't wait either and ordered the Chubby Cheekie Brush as soon as I read your glowing post this morning! Laughing
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have ordered it online, after trying, I found that the colour of the lip stick and gloss is excellent, however, I hate the flavour of the gloss.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my Chubby Cheekie brush and Ombre palette, too. Here are my reactions to the brush:

The Chubby Cheekie brush feels quite nice--it's synthetic and very dense and firm, but still soft on the face. I first tried it with the Cheekies, its obvious use, and it worked well. I swirled the brush over the Cheekie and then swirled it over my cheeks--the brush works well to deposit and blend the color. But, if vigorously used, the brush will dislodge concealer or makeup, so beware. Overall, it's a good brush for the purpose, but I think a skunk brush allows more fine control over blush placement and blending. Being pale, I need to have the ability to have a sheer layer of blush, and a skunk brush gives the ultimate sheer application.

I tried the Chubby Cheekie for a couple of additional uses as well. I used it to put on cream eyeshadow as a all-over wash and also to buff concealer around my nose. (Usually I use a flocked sponge for that.) Bingo--very nice. But my favorite "off label" use was to apply highlighter (Nars Albatross--thanks again for the recommendation, Sister Sweets!!). It's the perfect size and density to brush a bit of highlighter over browbone around through to the upper cheekbone. Bottom line--I probably will use it when traveling for all of those uses, but when at home, I'll likely continue to use the skunk brush for the Cheekies and press the Chubby brush into use for highlighter and maybe to buff concealer around my nose. A versatile brush that I would buy again.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |