Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Heavy Duty Brand Hand Cream Users?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anjim
5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
So I have been using heavy duty brand hand cream for a few years now and was just telling my husband that there are only two products I couldn't live without and the hand cream was one of them. I just ordered two tubes of it and when I got them THEY CHANGED THE FORMULATION! It is really not good now. I work with my hands and wash them a hundred times a day and had been searching for the perfect hand cream til I found heavy duty. It met all of my needs. Was very rich without being sticky. The fragrance was very mild, just a light lemony smell and felt cool going on and was such a releif for my hands. You could also go about your business right after putting it on.

I contacted the company to see what was up and they said they took the parabens out and added sunflower oil. My theory is adding the sunflower oil is way cheaper than what they had been using before. They changed the labels on the tubes to stickers, they used to print directly on the tubes, which I know is way more costly. I think they are being cheap under the gise of removing the parabens. I cannot believe they would think this formulation is better! The smell is way too strong and it is sooo sticky you can't do anything til you wash it off your hands! They said sorry you don't like our "improvements". HA! What a joke. I realize a lot of people and businesses are feeling the crunch, but being cheap and making a sucky product is not going to help with sales. I am so bummed out. I know it sounds silly, but my hands drive me crazy. And you know how it is when you finally find the perfect product. It is bliss. So if anyone else has used this cream and liked it should write to the company and tell them that the new formulation blows.

So now I start my search all over again. Any ideas? Thanks for any input. I love you girls. It's nice to have a place to come and vent where I know people will understand. Thanks for reading my long post! Very Happy
~Anji
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello.

I don't know the particular brand you're referring to. From my understanding, you might prefer a hand cream with mineral oil to those organic types with natural oils.

I also find the hand creams which are based on mineral oils to moisturize and protect my hands better. Face is a different story...

I can recommend two such hand creams sold on EDS:
Nailtiques hand and nail cream (which also contains some avocado oil) and Barielle Professional hand cream. I think they are excellent and form a protective layer on hands.

Good luck.
Smile

5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions Septembergirl! I was thinking that the glycerin really made a difference because it was the second ingredient and now it's the third behind the sunflower oil. I have tried the barielle, but no luck. I will give the nailtiques a try. Thanks again. Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Speaking of glycerin, my mother had the most beautiful hands. She used glycerin and rosewater on her hard working hands every night. Your post brought this to mind. Smile

Jason Naturals have a glycerin and rosewater hand cream.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I wash my hands often too. Despite using hand creams, my hands still get dry and easily get paper cuts or sometimes cracks. Is there a hand cream that doesn't require putting on after EVERY handwashing? I can't keep up with putting on a cream after every time I wash my hands. Just wondering if there's a miracle product for hands?
anjim
5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie, I will check that out. Blesstd-The heavy duty hand cream used to be great for that! It would last through at least one hand washing. Sad
I think my search may be a long one, but I will post the results of each cream I try. Smile
anjim
5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, it's safflower seed oil, not sunflower oil. Laughing
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
This hand cream is the absolute best, IMHO!
http://skincarerx.com/review_box.html?pid=494

I wash my hands alot due to the nature of my job and this cream was recommended to me. Yes it is expensive but to me well worth it.

Another product which is good and last after handwashings is Gold Bond..the one with Shea Butter. Crabtree and Evelyns Goat Milk handcream is wonderful as well.

HTH

5% products discount

Fri May 16, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lifeplyr. Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've never heard of the brand you mention.

A product that a friend loves might fit your needs. It's called Skin MD and it claims to provide a VERY PROTECTIVE BARRIER (one of those, don't do this at home type of things using acid - I've yet to watch the video on their site) Bad Grin www.skinmdnatural.com
Another plus: I don't think it has a strong scent.
Ingredients listed in order of dominance: fromwww.skinmdnatural.com/ingredients.html
Deionized water (Aqua); Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera); Cyclopentasiloxane; Dimethicone; Methyl Gluceth-20; Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E); Arnica Montana Flower Extract (Arnica); Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey); Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract (Chamomile); Achillea Millefolium Extract (Yarrow); Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer; 1,2 Hexanediol Caprylyl Glycol; Butylene Glycol; Aminomethyl Propanol; Phenoxyethanol

There are a couple of pretty current threads you can check re: hand creams:
Hand Creams
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26561
Young Hands
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26991

A cheap but good product is Gold Bond's Ultimate Lotion line which you can usually find in drugstores:
http://www.goldbondultimate.com/
There is a $1 off coupon available at the site. You should be able to get a free sample of the CoQ10 one at:
http://walmart.triaddigital.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid30830.aspx

I also like the emu oil products from Laid in Montanawww.laidinmt.com
You could try:
Worker's Hand Cream (15% Emu Oil) 2oz $9.95; 4oz $17.95
http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/LM-Workers-Hand-Cream-2--4-Oz-orderby0-p-1-c-25.html
This worker's hand cream does smell predominantly like cloves (an ingredient). If you are smell sensitive, you could try their other products like their lotion, etc.
http://cart.laidinmt.com/catalog/Laid-In-Montana-Pure-Emu-Oil--Personal-Care-Products-orderby0-p-1-c-1.html

Another thought if it's still available is Oil Drillers' Hand Lotion (Restoration Hardware used to carry - don't know if they still do - made in Oildale, CA, Phone # 1-800-OIL DRILL).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to suggest Glysomed in the green tube. It is available at drugstores for under $5.00. Package size is 50ml or 1.7 oz.

Contains Glycerine, Silicone and Chamomile. Available in scented and unscented.
anjim
5% products discount

Fri May 16, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys! Very Happy I will check them out.
havana8

Sat May 17, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Speaking of glycerin, my mother had the most beautiful hands. She used glycerin and rosewater on her hard working hands every night. Your post brought this to mind. Smile

Jason Naturals have a glycerin and rosewater hand cream.

My parents went on vacation by themselves once when we were children and left us in the care of an older European woman, who, every night made us put rosewater and glycerin on our hands. We were completely resistant and fought her on it at the time Laughing but, come to think of it, I remember thinking that her hands were very beautiful and young looking despite being "hard working" as you mention.

Thanks for the mention of Jason Naturals, Winnie. Smile
lynneza

Sun May 18, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Glysomed is by far the best hand cream I've used in years. I have a supply stocked away, JUST IN CASE they decide to change the formula. It is available at Costco in Canada, as well as many Canadian drug stores. I used to find it in the USA, but, no one seems to carry it any longer. You can also find it on eBay! It does the job...love it. :) :) :) :)
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a tip. This is what I do: I apply some castor oil to my hands and rub it in (any heavy oil would work) and then I put any hands/body cream over it so that it's not greasy. I've used up lotions that are not moicturizing enough for me on their own like that.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
I like the deadsea mineral moisturizer. I used it all over my body and several times during the day on my hands. I think it actually improved the look of my hands. Whatever it is I believed the minerals are really working.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |