Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used Lumigan to grow their lashes....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I know there are side effects, but if one is careful, and i understand its only applied under the eyes, does it work. Would love to anyone who has had success with this method. I think there is a dermatologist in the US that prescribes it for this very purpose, even though it is a glaucoma drug.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I wont do it. My eyes are more important than anything else. I prefer to use more mascrara.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am sure people do....Since all the manufacturers changed the lash growing formulas by taking out the glaucoma drug, I know I certainly thought about getting it.
Arysse

Fri May 23, 2008 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Lumigan for eyelash enhancement for quite some time. I place one to two drops on a q-tip and apply it to the lash line every night avoiding direct contact with my eye. My eyelashes have changed dramatically. At first I noticed a gradual increase in length and now I am noticing a definite increase in thickness.

It works my increasing and prolonging the growth cycle of the eyelash. People who are actually instilling drops in the eye are more likely to develop a darkening of the iris over time (especially those with lighter colored and hazel eyes). It can also darken the skin around the eyes. The enhanced eyelash growth will generally reverse itself once you stop using the drops, however, the darkening of the iris is not always reversible.

I am not advocating the use of this drug for eyelash enhancement by any means, I am just relating my experience with it's use. My advice (not that anyone has asked for it), is if you are going to try it be careful to avoid direct contact with the eye. Like any other drug, natural or synthetic, old or new, there are always side effects and long term complications already known and yet to be discovered.

Choose wisely!

Arysse
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Arysse - how did you get Lumigan?
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Not Arysse, but I can answer your question..
without a prescription from
http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/eyes/lumigan.htm.....maybe I copied it wrong butwww.inhousepharmacy.co.uk have it on their website.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...very interesting!!!

I love my old formula of Revitalash, and when my stockpile runs out I just may have to try this!

Sat May 24, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Jf - I got it legitimately as I am in the medical field. Angel
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered generic Lumigan from alldaychemist. Not sure if the generic will work as well, or at all. I also am worried about the side effects, especially since I have light eyes. I plan on using it very sparingly and making sure to not get any in my eyes. If I start to experience any adverse reactions, I will discontinue immediately.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Me too, I perfer to use mascura.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Hey, How does this fare against Revitalash?
I have the old formula. I will need a replacement soon as my RL will run out.
I only use a drop of the RL.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I know this might sound a bit bazaar...but what about using Lumigan on your scalp. It works so well on the eyelashes...wouldn't it also work on our hair too? (I am loosing a lot of hair lately. I am taking a lot of supplements but nothing is working.)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
I know this might sound a bit bazaar...but what about using Lumigan on your scalp. It works so well on the eyelashes...wouldn't it also work on our hair too? (I am loosing a lot of hair lately. I am taking a lot of supplements but nothing is working.)

JF, there might be some serious side effects to using a much larger quantity of Lumigan.

I have dealt with hairloss for 15+ years and posted some recommendations under a hairloss thread recently...you may want to check there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Bethany can you give the link to the thread on hairloss.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Bethany can you give the link to the thread on hairloss.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29005&highlight=viviscal

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany - thanks so much for your hairloss advice. I definitely check this out.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone on here use this stuff for eyelash growth?
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
doesn't sound like many people do...I have been thinking about it. Its just a little scarry.
havana8

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Not surprisingly, Allergan has been testing Lumigan as a hair/lash growth stimulator, too. From the last section of the patent (see link posted below):

• Twenty-five healthy female volunteers completed the study
• Ages: 30's and 60's
• No history of glaucoma or other ocular diseases • No history of known allergy to Lumigan®
• Strongly motivated by the possibility of longer, darker, and thicker natural eyelashes
• Six clinic visits over a four month period of time (week 1, week 2, week 4, week 8, week 12, and week 16) • At each visit, the following procedures will be performed: o Visual acuity o Intraocular pressure (IOP) o Slit lamp exam (SLE) o Photography, front and side views o Survey questionnaires during the course of the study o No controls
• One drop of Lumigan® was placed on the tip of an applicator
• The medication was applied to the lid margin of the right upper eyelid just before bedtime • The process was repeated for the left upper eyelid
• Patients were given a new sample bottle of Lumigan® at the beginning of the study and at the week 4 and at the week 8 visit
• Patients discontinued using Lumigan® after the week 12 visit
• Initially, 32 individuals requested to be in the study, but due to scheduling issues and other conflicts, only 29 individuals received the first dose of Lumigan®.
• It took only 1 week to recruit these 32 interested participants
• Early in the study, 4 of the 29 individuals who were given the medication and did not continue in the study scheduling issues and other conflicts
• The study was completed with 25 individuals
• Follow-up appointments were scheduled on Saturday mornings

PRELIMINARY FINDINGS
• Minimal side effects o Vision o IOP o Ocular irritation o Periocular pigmentary changes
• Every participant grew longer lashes; many grew darker and thicker lashes as well as additional lashes • Nearly all of the participants are reluctant to stop using the Lumigan®
• Patients grew lower lid lashes and eyebrow hairs too when they applied the Lumigan® "on their own" to these areas

The results are shown in Figures 7A- 7D, 8A-8D, 9A- 9D, 10A- 1OD and 1 IA-I ID. These substantiate that the participants grew longer lashes, many grew darker and thicker lashes as well as additional lashes.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/WO2007143568.html
havana8

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
In case it is of interest, here is the clinical info sheet on Lumigan (bimatoprost) complete with contraindications, warnings and precautions....
www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/lumigan_pi.pdf
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
I ordered generic Lumigan from alldaychemist. Not sure if the generic will work as well, or at all. I also am worried about the side effects, especially since I have light eyes. I plan on using it very sparingly and making sure to not get any in my eyes. If I start to experience any adverse reactions, I will discontinue immediately.

Just be careful if you worry about getting it in the eyes. Do you plan to use it at night? I don't know how one can be sure if some of it will not get into the eyes during a sleep. When we sleep we can sweat and also eye creams may help to get the product into the eyes. Especially if you sleep with face on the pillow Laughing
Or it is absorbs completely after the application??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who has a prescription from her doctor. The doctor and everyone in her office also use it for their lashes. None of them have had a problem. They've been using it for about a year and a half.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Can you get this from Canada?
Angelhugs
5% products discount

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I have a friend who has a prescription from her doctor. The doctor and everyone in her office also use it for their lashes. None of them have had a problem. They've been using it for about a year and a half.

A year and a half is a very long time to use this stuff. Have they had good results and are using it to maintain their lashes?

How long was it before they got results?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I think my friend saw results after about a month. She started RL when she ran out of Lumigan. But she said her Doctor's office is still using the Lumigan.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |