Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used Lumigan to grow their lashes....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rondafaye

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:25 am      Reply with quote
First-time poster, long-time lurker (although that sounds so sinister).

I had a doctor's appointment today and asked him about Lumigan. He wrote me a prescription for two bottles and didn't seem too concerned about potential side effects.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
No way. Wow. What eye dr. do you go to. Where do you live?
sylvitay
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Arysse, you say your skin darkend (is that a word?), is it the skin on your eyelid,but you talk about your iris? This is dramatic stuff!
bettybooplovesmakeup
5% products discount

Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who's concerned about side effects from drops like this and old lash products with this stuff in it, here's my experience.......

I recently had an eye check up and after using the old Enormous Lash (with the eye drop stuff in it) for almost 2 years, I had a healthy eye check up with no change in my eye pressure, and no other changes from before I started using it... Granted, I am careful and have rarely gotten it in my eyes.
Rondafaye

Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sherry -- I live in San Antonio, Texas. I went in for a quick checkup and on the way out said, "Hey, by the way, any chance you could give me a prescription for Lumigan?" He asked why, I told him about the eyelash stuff, and he made me promise to use it topically and wrote the prescription for two bottles.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Lumigan from ADC and it arrived today. Very fast service. I will be using a drop on a q-tip nightly as others have done.
Thank you all who have shared your experiences and information with this.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy, can you help please. Question

There is another Lumigan thread going on. How can we put the posts into one ????
Thanks,Linda
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
hello
I havent posted for quite awhile and I see these old posts from me. How does that happen ?
I didnt have much luck with the Lumigan but havent given up. I'm making my list for Santa.
Hope I havent been too naughty.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
This product has worked great for me, but just using 2-3 times a week. Much more and I had constant shedding.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I started using Lumigan earlier this year with an every night application. I really didn't need it to begin with as my lashes are pretty thick and long, but I did have one tiny bare spot on my lower left lash line...so I decided just to do an "all over" application. At first I found it worked great, my lashes were longer but not thicker and looked really pretty. It did nothing for that lower bald spot though. Several weeks in, I started shedding like crazy, my lashes were becoming long and spindly, were going every which way and quite frankly looked like total crap! I stopped using Lumigan in June and it took several months to get them back to normal...they really didn't start to look nice again until about mid October....my experience wasn't all that great and now I wonder after Pals post if I just was applying too often. Not sure if I will give Lumigan another go around. I think I will just leave my lashes as nature intended them to be Very Happy which wasn't all that bad to begin with....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
My experience with Lumigan: applied for about 5 months and then started shedding. I recently switched back to Revitalash (new formula) because the shedding occured after one year of use. Also,lashes were thicker with Revitalash.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I started using Lumigan earlier this year with an every night application. I really didn't need it to begin with as my lashes are pretty thick and long, but I did have one tiny bare spot on my lower left lash line...so I decided just to do an "all over" application. At first I found it worked great, my lashes were longer but not thicker and looked really pretty. It did nothing for that lower bald spot though. Several weeks in, I started shedding like crazy, my lashes were becoming long and spindly, were going every which way and quite frankly looked like total crap! I stopped using Lumigan in June and it took several months to get them back to normal...they really didn't start to look nice again until about mid October....my experience wasn't all that great and now I wonder after Pals post if I just was applying too often. Not sure if I will give Lumigan another go around. I think I will just leave my lashes as nature intended them to be Very Happy which wasn't all that bad to begin with....

Just to let you know bren21 if you decide to give Lumgian another go, I and I believe alot of other ladies here only use 3 x a week max. When I first started using it I used it daily and after a few weeks had mass shedding and even a bald spot on one eye.
I only started to use this because my lashes havee thinned abit over the years due to hormones, but they are still nice and long.

HTHS and goodluck either way Smile
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered Latisse from Allday Chemist and a few Retin A tubes.I love the low prices and good service,but ouch Shock shipping will get you.
I'm going to take my MSM,VitC and maybe Biotin to help from the inside. My lashes are blonde and thin.
I think I will do as others have suggested every other day.I will let you know how it goes for me. Neutral
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I just ordered Latisse from Allday Chemist and a few Retin A tubes.I love the low prices and good service,but ouch Shock shipping will get you.
Neutral

Yes I absolutely agree! Thats why I make sure to stock up when I do order, its the only way Smile
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Pal for the advice. I am sure me going gung-ho on it was probably not the best idea and caused my issues. Lesson learned Laughing
I may try something else for my bald spot though, maybe Revitalash. I don't think I really need something as potent as Lumigan.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
Thanks Pal for the advice. I am sure me going gung-ho on it was probably not the best idea and caused my issues. Lesson learned Laughing
I may try something else for my bald spot though, maybe Revitalash. I don't think I really need something as potent as Lumigan.

I think we were all guilty of a little gung-ho action when we received the Lumigan. Laughing

Im actually going to try Rapidlash in a month or so as I hear its very good and a little less harsh than Lumigan with more positive growth patterns, from my interperation.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to use next! Smile
AbiV

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Lumigan for a month now and so far, haven't noticed any difference.
However, I must confess that I have eyelash extensions on my upper lashes and am VERY reluctant to have them removed until I have some decent eyelash growth. I thought I'd wait to see what effect it had on my lower lashes before making the big decision to have the extensions removed - I love them, but the maintenance is a pain. But even where some of the extensions have come off, I can see that my eyelashes are still as short and stubby as ever and I've seen no difference to my lower lashes at all.
I just wanted to get an idea of how long it took before other ladies noticed a difference or if I'm just one of those unlucky people that product doesn't work for? I'm using it once a night on my upper and lower lashes.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I've used Lumigan to grow my lashes. It took about 2-3 weeks of nightly use to see a difference. My lashes were about 40% longer and they seemed to be fuller. They only looked stronger and thicker when I began using argan oil around them at night (oils help nourish and condition your lashes, making them stronger).

I liked Lumigan better than RapidLash because I didn't experience the eye dryness and slight irritation (bloodshot eyes) that I did with RL. And I have dark brown eyes already, so I didn't have to worry about the eye pigmentation side effect.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Lumigan and now switched to the generic Careprost from ADC for over a year. I started to notice results in about 4 weeks and by 6 weeks my lashes were impressive.

When my lashes first started to grow they looked kind of weird because the didn't all grow straight. Once I applied my mascara they looked normal but that weirdness went away after my lashes started to fill out more. After two months of usage they looked normal lush, long and very full. I now only use the Lumigan or Careprost two to three nights a week to keep my lashes looking their best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi keli13 - That has been my experience too. At first the lashes were a little helter skelter in places but now they are "together" - long and lush. I think the growth cycle needed to catch up with the product usage. I apply Careprost approximately 4 nights a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Question for all you Careprost/Lumigan users: I just noticed the little bottle recommends use within a month. I honestly have been using mine longer than that but am ready to toss now that I know this.

Do you all toss after the month is up? I am very careful with applicators - switch them/clean them/dry . Still - just having the bottle open may be enough reason.
Your thoughts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
hello everyone,

i've been reading all the lash threads over and over again. from my understanding, it seems that pple who are using the company formulated serums are having better luck if they switch up the brands every so often. then for the straight lumigan users, they have to cut back on usage (once long lashes have been established) to application of 2-3 per week, or else mass shedding occurs. i consulted my brother, who went to med school but more importantly majored organic chemistry... i didn't give him the details but the broad situation. he speculated that if the lumigan/careprost is not distilled/processed properly, meaning not a pure product, that this could influence efficacy.

i'm wondering if the lab lumigan users/glucoma patient experiment volunteers, if they experienced mass shedding of eyelashes, just as the EDS members have experienced it.

i'm using revitalash (1 month), have jan marini as back up in the fridge, anastasia brow growth serum, and 3 bottles of careprost from alldaychemist.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Roxy13Anela

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I think I have the opposite problem of everyone on here. I've been using lumigan for months now, but for glaucoma. My doctor said the drops would grow my lashes, and I thought he was joking. Turns out, my lashes are getting very long. So long in fact, that I'm getting annoyed with them. Does anyone know how long it takes before they stop growing? Also, I wasn't careful in the beginning with the drops, and I would get some on my face. I just wiped it away with my hand. Then I started to notice the little hair fuz on my face was getting darker and longer. I was starting to look like a werewolf! I ended up getting it waxed. The drops are working for the glaucoma, but I wish my lashes would stop growing! Does anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to cut them or anything... Sad
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Careprost for a week and my upper lids feel irritated and are slightly red. I apply very carefully with a very thin eyeliner brush amongst the lashes and barely above them. Not sure if it's due to the Careprost. I use Tretinoin micro gel 3x wk but not below the eyelid crease so I doubt it's migrated close to my eyelashes. I use copper peptides daily but not below the eyelid crease.

At this early stage would I still see results if I only used Careprost just 3x per week?
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 am      Reply with quote
You are right!

sfong wrote:
I wont do it. My eyes are more important than anything else. I prefer to use more mascrara.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |