Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

23...help with skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm somewhat of a skin fanatic..always looking at my skin in comparison to others. Anyway, even at age 23 (hopefully I am not alone) I notice little things that set me apart from an 18 year old that takes good care of their skin. I don't really have extremely noticable lines on my skin...except tiny ones from expressions and unfortunately I thought they would just go away with hydration but I always notice them. they are here and there on my cheeks and I don't know how they got there. I don't even know if they are from expressions being when I smile I don't see how that causes them (they aren't nasolabial lines)...

So i'm confused and as all women I wish there was a cure...I know I'm still pretty young so if anyone can give some help on what I can do to prevent further damage or possibly help strengthen my skin ..i'd love some help! I considered Vit C. but some people say it can be too acidic for the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well first- you said expression lines. Are you conscious of, say, frowning? Try to minimize that, it does work! I sometimes see girls in their twenties who already have expression lines.

Sunscreen is an important preventative measure. I stick to physical sunscreen.

Vitamin C- oil soluble vitamin C is more stable and less irritating that water soluble vitamin C, so look for that.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agreed wiht Nimue, you should use a good skin care product line, sunscreen is a must, try OBAGi healthy skin spf 35 or MD forte if you want a cheaper sunscreen, both have zinc oxide and wont clog your pores.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I'm only 21 and I have the same problem. I have a lot of lines under my eyes (for my age) and little laugh lines. I don't want to minimize laughing Neutral

It's really those under my eyes that worry me. I drink tons of water (At least 3L a day). I sleep ok (6-7 hrs).

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I suggest you enjoy your youth, laugh to your hearts content, and protect your skin with sunscreen every day.

Sunscreen really is the miracle anti aging holy grail......The secret, is finding that out when your still young enough to make it work for you.

As for the water, that's a great thing, but moderation is key.. Four glasses per day will do you a world of good, and not disturb your electrolyte balance in the process.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm with you- never stop laughing/smiling! My only advice was to minimize frowning, as those are the expression lines you definitely don't want etched onto your face permanently! Smile

Kris_*Kringle* wrote:
I suggest you enjoy your youth, laugh to your hearts content, and protect your skin with sunscreen every day.

Sunscreen really is the miracle anti aging holy grail......The secret, is finding that out when your still young enough to make it work for you.

As for the water, that's a great thing, but moderation is key.. Four glasses per day will do you a world of good, and not disturb your electrolyte balance in the process.
wancy_2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Nimue"]Well first- you said expression lines. Are you conscious of, say, frowning? Try to minimize that, it does work! I sometimes see girls in their twenties who already have expression lines.

Sunscreen is an important preventative measure. I stick to physical sunscreen.

Vitamin C- oil soluble vitamin C is more stable and less irritating that water soluble vitamin C, so look for that.[/quote]

I am agree with you. I am 25 now, I start to use anti aging products, but the most important thing is to use sun block to protect your skin.

I also prefer physical sunblock.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 26, 2008 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I'm 26 and just haven't been happy with my skin. It looked uneven and dull no matter what I did. So I ordered DHC Renewing AHA cream. After using it twice a week for a month and half my skin is great. Not only have I not been getting blemishes, my skin is smooth and even. The cream is a light lactic acid cream, and is also very moisturizing. I was afraid it would be too much for my skin, but it's not.
www.dhccare.com and search AHA
kippeydale

Tue May 27, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Purpleturtle, when I saw your post, I looked at the username checking to see if I had actually posted it a while back and had just forgotten.

I also scrutinize my skin and have for years...probably since I was around 11: the age I started moisturizing with a really light, mineral oil-free, vitamin-infused moisturizer from GNC. (It was like $2.00---those were the days).

Anyway, now I currently work in cosmetics and am constantly touching the faces of a variety of people all across the age spectrum, and I definitely notice a huge difference between say...the density and texture of my cheek vs. that of a random 16-year-old. Even if that random 16-year-old tans their face constantly, never moisturizes (much less use one with a decent spf), and goes to sleep every night in their caked on, too thick foundation, their skin is STILL more youthful than mine.

I have learned to kind of take it easy and just start using people who are MY age as a true comparison. Yesterday, I ran into a girl with whom I'd gone to high school. She had been one of those smooth faced 16-year-olds who tanned too much and never cleansed their face, while I was wearing sunscreen everyday and cleansing and moisturizing before bed. (At the time, I was incredibly envious of her perfect, tan complexion, while I was fair, with no hope of an even tan. In addition, my face was splotchy from red marks leftover from past blemishes. I felt that there was no hope and that I was doomed...oh those high school days).

However, yesterday, when I saw her again, I noticed that her deep tan (which she still maintains), just doesn't look as good anymore. Her face is dry, particularly around her now-lined eye area and her neck is mottled.

I know this sounds like a high school movie, but I promise I have a point...and that point is: While people like us are far too hard on ourselves and worry far too much about our skin, in a way, it's a blessing. We will probably remain pretty ageless for quite a while because we are constantly on guard. We can't compare ourselves to people who are ten years younger because, at this point, there are huge differences in lifestyle and hormones, etc. between us. In fact, we should really just keep track of how our skin is changing individually and use our skin (past and present) as a guide.

As far as suggestions go...I would also be conscious of squinting and frowning. I have very sensitive eyes, so I make sure to ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wear sunglasses that are protective enough to allow my eyes to be open and relaxed. If I find that I am still squinting in sunglasses, I find different sunglasses as they are obviously not working. I'd also suggest to keep hydrated, both internally by drinking enough water and externally by making sure your skin is moisturized adequately, specifically in the eye area. Sometimes, I even keep a light eye cream with me in my make up bag, in case I look a little dry. Eat a balanced diet (wish I were better at this), take a nutritional supplement, try to stay away from smoky environments.

Also, if you would like to try some new products, I would suggest going to Lancome because we (yes, I work for them---but I promise I'm not touting them just because I do---I am actually changing jobs soon so I have no real allegiance to them) are currently dramming (sampling) skin care. I know that a lot of people on here do not care for department store skin care and prefer more obscure lines, but I say go with what works for you. And while I also know a lot of people try to avoid Beauty Advisors since we have the reputation of being pushy (trust me, I'm not), we are also a valuable resource on the product line itself.

Although I am using a huge variety of products, some Lancome, some not, my friend has actually had a great deal of success with our Primordiale line. I think a lot of it comes from the fact that it is specifically for the earliest signs of aging. I think we sometimes try to jump into skincare that is inappropriate for our age and skin.

As a good, very basic eye cream, I really like Mario Badescu's Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream. I find it to be very light, but moisturizing and not at all irritating.

Okay...I totally wrote far too much, but I finally have a day off after FOREVER and feel like I have all the time in the world!!!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |