Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Hair Color Help!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
saladgirl
5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. This morning I had a demi permanent color done at the salon and it looks totally horrible. It's way darker than my natural color and is one dimensional. I'm so depressed. I tried washing it as soon as I got home, but that didn't make any difference. Does anyone know any way to speed up the process of removing the color? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks!!
PS. I called the company (Matrix) and they said it takes weeks to wear off..although it's not permanent color...it's not semi permanent either.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried washing it with baking soda? Also I read in another thread that washing it with dishwashing detergent will get rid of the hair dye fast.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I saw a magazine ad for a product called Color Oops which is supposed to revert your hair to it's natural color when using semi permanent color; for permanent color I think it said it can only take it a few shades lighter. It did note that for the best results, it should be done within 24 hours of the coloring mistake. I know you said you had "demi" color - I don't know what that is or if this product would help with that. Maybe it would be better to either return to the salon or have it professionally done somewhere else but you've probably already thought of that and it's easier said than done. Hopefully, a more knowledgeable person will see your post and be able to help you.
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
With semi permanent coloring you can buy a rinse that will lighten the color. It lightens it a little, not completely though. If you have a beauty store next you, call them up and ask them. Also, you might want to have some highlights throughout put it. This will lighten your hair a great deal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
saladgirl wrote:
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. This morning I had a demi permanent color done at the salon and it looks totally horrible. It's way darker than my natural color and is one dimensional. I'm so depressed. I tried washing it as soon as I got home, but that didn't make any difference. Does anyone know any way to speed up the process of removing the color? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks!!
PS. I called the company (Matrix) and they said it takes weeks to wear off..although it's not permanent color...it's not semi permanent either.

Sorry I've never heard of a one dimensional color. Did you like it when you left the salon? If not, you should have said something right away, and you should not have washed it. I would go back, or call the salon tomorrow and tell the stylist the color they gave you is way to dark. He/she should be able to help you by toning down the color. If they say they can't do anything then ask, no demand your money back.
Instead of trying a ton of home remedies which just might turn your hair to straw just wear it in a ponytail, wear a cute scarf around it, pull it up in a clip, etc.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 15, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also think you should try to get a refund from the salon, or at least have them try to fix it. It's ok if you didn't complain right there- it's possible you weren't sure you hated it and wanted to be nice to the stylist.
saladgirl
5% products discount

Thu May 15, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Yes, my stylist knew it was horrible when I left. She said to come back next week and she would try to fix it (although I'm a little afraid since I don't have much confidence in her now). I have to leave tomorrow for a wedding out of state, so that accounts for part of my desperation! I'll try the easy things tonight...like baking soda...and prell shampoo.
Again, thanks!!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
saladgirl wrote:
Thanks so much for all the suggestions. Yes, my stylist knew it was horrible when I left. She said to come back next week and she would try to fix it (although I'm a little afraid since I don't have much confidence in her now). I have to leave tomorrow for a wedding out of state, so that accounts for part of my desperation! I'll try the easy things tonight...like baking soda...and prell shampoo.
Again, thanks!!

The color is never really going to wash out. it'll get lighter over time, but if it's darker than your natural color, it's going to stay that way. Your stylist shouldn't have let you leave the salon if she knew it was a bad dye job. She should have fixed right then and there. The only thing she can really do is put highlights in it to make it lighter. Or, she can do a process to open your hair cuticle and re-do it... I'd opt for some highlights, though, and I wouldnt pay for them.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Why is it that when you get a colour you hate it lasts forever? Yet on those odd occasions you get a fabulous colour you truly love, it fades within a week or two. grrr....
saladgirl
5% products discount

Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 am      Reply with quote
A quick update:
I took blesstd's advice (thank-you!!)and tried Color Oops. Oh my...what a miraculous product. I don't know how it works, but it actually removes the color without destroying your hair. You are supposed to leave it on 20 minutes and then rinse it out for 10. I was afraid to leave it on that long...so I started rinsing after 15, but that was enough time to remove most of the awful color and I'm now pretty close to natural. Thank goodness. The only downside is that it has a pretty strong sulphur smell. $13.49 at Walgreens...what a bargain!!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 am      Reply with quote
That is great about the Color Oops. Between my daughter all her friends and their color experimenting, this is the product I will tell them to try.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
That's great!

saladgirl wrote:
A quick update:
I took blesstd's advice (thank-you!!)and tried Color Oops. Oh my...what a miraculous product. I don't know how it works, but it actually removes the color without destroying your hair. You are supposed to leave it on 20 minutes and then rinse it out for 10. I was afraid to leave it on that long...so I started rinsing after 15, but that was enough time to remove most of the awful color and I'm now pretty close to natural. Thank goodness. The only downside is that it has a pretty strong sulphur smell. $13.49 at Walgreens...what a bargain!!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
That's great to hear Color Oops worked for you!! I'll have to remember this should I need correct my color too.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 1:57 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely go back to the salon and tell them you were not happy with the color.
anjim
5% products discount

Sat May 17, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad the color oops worked for you. There is another product called vanish, but it is a professional product so it may be a little trickier to find. I posted a link in a different hair issue thread but will post it here too as I think a lot of people need hair color help and probably click on this thread a lot. There is a woman who is a professional hairstylist who writes a blog and gives out tons of hair color info. She also will sell you professional products, if you have read the blog and understand how to use the products. And she WILL ask questions to make sure you know what you are doing. It is a wealth of hair info. Hope you guys enjoy the read. Keep in mind the blog is a little tough to navigate through all the info, but she is getting help to make the blog more user-friendly. So hopefully that will happen soon, but it is definitely worth the time! Let me know how you guys like her blog. www.killerstrands.blogspot.com Very Happy
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
You should go back to the salon and have them fix it. Afterall they didn't do a good job and they should fix it for free.
seno
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I would also go back to the salon. I am one of those people that usually grins & bares it. But I recently got a horrible color and I was actually crying when I got home.. My husband made me go back and the lady that fixed it did a fab job. I've never been happier with my hair. They usually tend to put in a greater effort second time around (once you complain). They will also probably give you a better more experienced colorist.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I would go to someone who really specializes in color. I used to go to someone who was great with color but a lousy stylist so I would actually leave with wet hair. She didn't care. They're so used to people coming and going. Color is really important and you want someone who can get it right the first time. Many salons have colorists and stylists. Unfortunately they are usually the pricier ones. Also if you see someone with color that you love, ask where they got it done. When you're complimenting someone on how great they look, they're usually happy to share the info.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 25, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I once had a bad dye job that left my hair ashy green. When I told her about it, she asked the other stylist what they thought and of course they all raved about the color. I wish I had know about Oops then. of course I never went back.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |