Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so being the obsessive freak that I am, today I was just inspecting my light, looking at the diodes, and I noticed one of the diodes is sort of crooked, causing it to not be flush with the other diodes, it sticks out a little. I'm afraid that since it sticks out, over time with contacting the skin, it will bend and snap off. I'm thinking about sending it back and asking if I could get another device. Do you think this is reasonable? The diode clearly sticks out farther than the others. This stinks, I wouldn't have even noticed it if I didn't give it a close inspection. I don't want to have to wait to get another light, but I'm also concerned about the bent diode lol. I'm really thinking that I'm going to email them about it and ask for an exchange, but what do you guys think?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I emailed LightStim and am waiting for a reply. Not that I care if it's bent, but I want to keep this light LONG term, and with it sticking out farther, I am just afraid over time it will fall off!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I keep a little bottle of mixed oils by every sink in my house, and just put a few drops on after cleansing, on still damp skin.

Kassy, this is a great idea. How much of each oil do you put in the container? I have a few that I would like to make a mix from and use for my hands, but not sure how much of each to put in another bottle.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
I emailed LightStim and am waiting for a reply. Not that I care if it's bent, but I want to keep this light LONG term, and with it sticking out farther, I am just afraid over time it will fall off!

I answered your PM's, but just to reiterate here, if it were me, I'd want a replacement..

I don't know who "Danille" is personally, but if she is off on Sunday, that could be why you didn't receive an immediate reply... Call the 800# tomorrow, and ask to speak with Steve or Joniann.

Hope it all works out okay.. Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
I keep a little bottle of mixed oils by every sink in my house, and just put a few drops on after cleansing, on still damp skin.

Kassy, this is a great idea. How much of each oil do you put in the container? I have a few that I would like to make a mix from and use for my hands, but not sure how much of each to put in another bottle.

I have no special formula, and just mix a few together.. When I'm concerned with the smell being *nicer* (like in the guest BR), I just make the majority coconut oil, with a small amount of the more nasty/pungent smelling palm oil... There are tons of great oils out there, and I've tried most at one time or another. If I had to choose just "1" skincare product to use exclusively, it would be *oils* above all else. It's the perfect beauty product IMHO, chock full of nourishing ingredients, no crappola, and affordable to all. ♥ ♥ ♥ Love Em!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I have no special formula, and just mix a few together.. When I'm concerned with the smell being *nicer* (like in the guest BR), I just make the majority coconut oil, with a small amount of the more nasty/pungent smelling palm oil... There are tons of great oils out there, and I've tried most at one time or another. If I had to choose just "1" skincare product to use exclusively, it would be *oils* above all else. It's the perfect beauty product IMHO, chock full of nourishing ingredients, no crappola, and affordable to all. ♥ ♥ ♥ Love Em!

Understand. Thanks so much. I'll just squirt some of each in a new bottle then!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Slow and steady works for me! Used my AALS 2 days in a row now, really liking it. My skin has lots of issues such as hyper-pigmentation, dryness, uneven skin tone, so I know it's going to take a long while to correct problems. My hands look better already though. Bought gloves today for dish-washing etc. Will try my best to protect my hands a lot more especially with cold winter approaching.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi whitewolf - another thing I do to protect my hands in addition to house gloves and using the
AAlightstim is to wear a pair of gloves when I'm driving (like garden gloves or something). If I'm going to spend all this time using Aalightstim and special creams, oils etc, then they should be protected from the sun year round when driving as well. Have found this makes a big difference! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
EC413 wrote:

I answered your PM's, but just to reiterate here, if it were me, I'd want a replacement..

I don't know who "Danille" is personally, but if she is off on Sunday, that could be why you didn't receive an immediate reply... Call the 800# tomorrow, and ask to speak with Steve or Joniann.

Hope it all works out okay.. Wink

Well, great news. Danielle emailed me back and they are sending me out a replacement. That is awesome, because now I don't have to stop treatments, I can use this light until my other one arrives.

Here is my routine: Wash with AHA Cleanser, pat-dry face, drink cup of water, Use LightStim - 2 minutes/section. Afterward I slather on aloe moisturizer and drink another glass of water.

I cannot believe how good my skin has looked since I have been using the LS. It's completely clear...my skin hasn't looked this good since I was in my mid-teens (before cigarettes and tanning, LOL). My skin is way more evenly toned, tighter, fine lines under my eyes are starting to lighten. I also noticed the little broken caps on my nose are fading slightly, as well as the little ones I had on my eyelid. It hasn't even been a week yet, and my skin is coming along nicely. I don't know if everyone is VERY responsive to LED treatments, but I must be! Everyone should know about light therapy. I am convinced it's the safest, most non-invasive way to healthier skin. I always said that the LightStim is so expensive, but now I can honestly say that it's worth every penny. No more expensive creams that yield no results!

I don't know how long the results will last, but after the first 5-6 weeks, I'll just start doing the LS once or twice a week. I am thoroughly impressed with my skin, before I felt there was no hope.

Ok, I'll stop raving now, I feel like a LightStim mascot...
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
re-posting for Sunshinetreasure

Sunshinetreasure wrote:
HI
I have mild rosacea a have been using Metro Gel to keep it under control. I was having dryness and redness problems, so I started using my daughters Differin and new moisturizer. I am also prone to milia on my cheeks and under my eyes. I know that lightstim has rosacea light, but the rosacea seem to be under control and I am interested the anti-age light. I want to use it for wrinkles and sagging skin, collagen building and to reduce small broken capillaries. I have read the posts on this website saying that the age light is great. My concern it that the heat from the lamp will increase the rosacea. Has anyone with rosacea use the age light with success? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Tina

Hi Sunshinetreasure,

I've been using the AALS since late Aug. of this year and I too have rosacea (mild but alot of broken caps). I do react to heat, but when I use the light, I use it on my cheeks first where my rosacea is the worst. This way the light isn't hot yet, but even when it is, it's not uncomfortably so. My skin is usually pretty pink/red for quite awhile after using the light (& from exfoliating) so I always do my treatments at night and by morning my skin is calm. I can't say that I've had any "major" improvements yet, but in saying that I also wouldn't give it up because there is just an overall better look to my skin, almost hard to explain. I've also just started using the green tea with the treatments and I can especially see a difference in my forehead with using the tea. This is definitely a process and one you have to keep at to see results. I would suggest talking with Steve at LightStim and get his opinion. You can always try the AALS and if it doesn't work out, then get the Rosacea light. You have a full 90 day guarantee so you can't really lose. Keep us updated on what you decide to do. HTH Smile

5% products discount

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered my AALS today!!

I spoke to Steve at Lightism, he was knowledgeable and very helpful.

I hope this works, because I will have to put up with my DH rolling his eyes. I am sure that I will have questions once it arrives.
Thanks,
Tina
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hieveryone, Been using my lightstim for about 8 days now am also using my STOP am currently on maintenance using it once a week, my question is my skin has become so dry, after using using my lightstim last night my skin soaked up half a tube of moisturizer, it kept on sinking in and sinking in, I drink water before and after,what do you think Im doing wrong,is it because I am combining lightstim with stop? hHas any one else notice that their skin has become parched after treatments.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtful what are you using (if any) as a pre-treat for either the AALS or STOP?

ps Welcome wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I took a 2 day break from my AALS due to being busy (crazy right? hehe) but I do love it lots. Smile Today I got my Microfiber Cleansing Cloth from NCN in the mail, used it right away, and was blown away at how great it works. Can't wait to use this cloth, pre-treat, and then use my AALS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Just an update. Been using AALS for a little over a week, and I am still ecstatic at the results. Broken capillaries on my nose, are vanishing. I have to look REALLY close to the mirror in order to see them. This light is making me more happy everyday. I feel like I am cheating..lol. So glad I discovered this forum, because without it, I'd have no knowledge of this wonderful gadget!

And one thing I love about it...treatments don't seem to take too long(especially in my case, since I am only doing face). I do about 10 sections of my face for 2 minutes/section. 20 minutes isn't bad AT ALL. It will especially be nice when I am at the point of just doing maintenance treatments.
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Alley

Well I cleanse my face properly and use the stop then use the moisturizer that they give you with it for the lightstim Ive tried bare faced and Ive tried using a good moisturizer first then waiting 20 mins then using lightstim then moisturizing again.What would you recommend?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Well somehow one of those
bright red spots (I think they're called cherry
angiomas" formed on my cheeks. It took about 2 weeks but the AAlightstim faded it away.
Used the ;ightstim about 4 times a week on the spot. Was very pleased as now I don't have to go in and have an IPL treatment to fade it.
Out here in the desert the sun can do a lot of
damage to the skin! DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, so last night I did the green tea pretreatment prior to AALS and woke up this morning to clearer skin. After a week usage, my skin looks better. Thank goodness!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Wow, so last night I did the green tea pretreatment prior to AALS and woke up this morning to clearer skin. After a week usage, my skin looks better. Thank goodness!

Just wanted to ask, because I am intrigued about this green tea treatment.

Do you simply take steeped green tea bags and apply them on your face, wait for it to dry, then do LED, or do you have some sort of green tea extract/ supplement that you use? I want to try the green tea with my LS, and I have some Lipton Green Tea bags, lol. Can I use those?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
EC413 wrote:
[
Do you simply take steeped green tea bags and apply them on your face, wait for it to dry, then do LED, or do you have some sort of green tea extract/ supplement that you use? I want to try the green tea with my LS, and I have some Lipton Green Tea bags, lol. Can I use those?

Absoposifreakinlutely baby! Green tea will kill those free radicals like nothing else (other than white tea!)... Brew it up, cool it off, and pat it on.. Let it dry (SO YOU DON'T GET LIQUID IN THE 'OPENED DIODE' LS DEVICES THAT DON'T HAVE A PLASTIC BARRIER LIKE OTHER MODELS... AND ALSO ALLOW IT TIME TO PENETRATE THE EPIDERMIS, SO IT'S ACTUALLY BENEFICIAL TO YOUR SKIN)..

As for the "acids + botanical" issue, I stand by what I said all along; If you want to incorporate the two, a chelating agent (like disodium EDTA) is necessary to keep it stable.. Of course anybody is free to do what they please and throw caution to the wind, but it won't be moi'... Very Happy (Nobody has to take my word for this, you need only to google a few of the best manufacturer's who incorporate acids and botanicals in a formulation, and you will find "disodium EDTA" at the bottom of the ingredient list...) And like everything else, you can also search out a few manufacturers that don't know any better, and just think the *acids* are a good enough chelator... Anyhoo, everybody learns the hard way eventually... Bad Grin

May the *light* be with you all.... Very Happy

Thanks Kassy! I'm definitely doing Green Tea with today's treatment.

This might just be me, maybe I'm used to it, but the replacement LightStim that I was sent, doesn't seem to get as warm as the original one I had. I swear the first one, heated up a little more, and a lot quicker. I hope this light isn't defective?! Or maybe the original one got too warm? I'm not going to worry about it...but it's just something I noticed. I guess I'll know if it's not working as well.
minnym0use
5% products discount

Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
My AALS arrived yesterday. Am spritzing w/green tea and will report back after seeing results.

Minny
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
Hi Alley

Well I cleanse my face properly and use the stop then use the moisturizer that they give you with it for the lightstim Ive tried bare faced and Ive tried using a good moisturizer first then waiting 20 mins then using lightstim then moisturizing again.What would you recommend?

I am not sure what the moisturizer is that came with your light because I didn't get one. Could you post the ingredients, I am wondering if there isn't something in there that is blocking the light. Most moisturizers are going to have something in them that is going to block the light.
Just to be sure why not try the green tea pre-treat you can make it from tea bags from the grocery store.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Sorry Alley i think my message didnt read well.The moisturizer came with the STOP device and you are supposed to use it after every stop treatment I only use it for this .As for the lightstim I think I will give the green tea a go .I have read some other posts on this so I will try it.Thanks for your replies and for welcoming me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well as the AUS $$ is over 90cent I just ordered this, cant wait!!!!! Very excited!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Well as the AUS $$ is over 90cent I just ordered this, cant wait!!!!! Very excited!

You're REALLY going to like it. Don't give up if you don't notice results immediately, for some it may take more treatments. Ive had mine for not even 2 weeks and I love it. I don't know what I'd do without it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |