Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Can the AALS be used after a rolling session?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I wouldn't use it following a rolling session on the same night, because you shouldn't interrupt the inflammation + wound healing cascade that makes it all work. If it were me, I would leave the 24 hours post roll unimpeded by *anything* other than beneficial topical products. That's just my opinion based on what I've studied on the subject. In any case, keep in mind that your LED greatly reduces inflammation, and the reason you are rolling is to get that inflammation... (Why go through that torture, only to undue the very thing that makes it work.. Confused )

Sometimes in our excitement to use our gadgets, we tend to use them too frequently, or even one following the other... When it comes to those gadgets that effect either ATP or collagen synthesis, I just feel it's best to not interfere with the very process you have just stimulated for at least 24 to 48 hours..

I haven't rolled yet, but was considering a .2 mm for product penetration only. I seem to be rebuilding a healthy collagen/elastin foundation without rolling so far. My protocol at this maintenance point in time, is to alternate gadgets/massage/whatever on an every other night schedule. That usually works out to 2 or 3 gadget/treatments a week at most. I have excellent results when I don't overpower my skin with anything. I also believe that the day of rest in between, just might be why my results seem to be better than the average bear.. Laughing I'm not interrupting the re-building process...hmm!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started with my AALS and after 3 nights in a row I had some kind of raised red areas on my face/cheek like little burns. Nothing that severe but looked a bit rashy. I did the green tea spray before but the third night put oils first since I thought it might be drying me out... Afterwards I only use my all natural skin creams and/or Rosehip oil,
If LED is supposed to help with inflammation I am wondering why it has caused some inflammation on the skin on my face? It's kind of like it's dried me out so perhaps I need to add oil before every time then? I have skipped today and yesterday because I don't want to overdo it until it's healed..I hope I am not only going to be able to use it a few times aweek because in the books it even suggests 2x a day if you like. I realize here the consensus is about 5x a week I think..
any advice? Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna, LED's can be drying. That may be what has caused the red spots. Don't apply the oil before use, though. This can interfere with the light penetrating the skin and diminish your results. HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tonia Smile
but what should I do instead-just cut back my sessions? I feel like I need to do at least 5 a week to get results but I have had to skip 2 days now as it is not fully heeled but it is going away..
I thought I'd read something on here about applying avocado oil beforehand and that it was a good option...?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna, I've never done more than three sessions per week and have had good results. More than that is too drying on my skin. I'd say give fewer sessions a try. It may work for you. If it doesn't, you can work your way back up as your skin adjusts. Of course, this is just my opinion. It will be interesting to see what other members have to say about this.

I'm not sure about the Avocado oil. I know I've read that you shouldn't apply oil before LED use but Avocado may be an exception. hmm Hmmm, now I want to go back and read that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

This subject is discussed here on the Dermarolling for Product Penetration thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36278&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=75

Many professional clinics are now giving an LED treatment after a clinical roll.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu - I'll pop over there and read that info. Didn't realize it was there.

Kassy - you've been missing a while - been outa range of WiFi on your boat? LOL Really have missed ya anyway.

I tend to agree w/ you on needing the inflammation post roll on the larger needles. That's why I asked. I also have the shorter ones, so I'm thinking it might be good after that. I will try to follow suit like you and alternate nights with all the gadgets I'm collecting. It gets a bit overwhelming, but I'm sure I'll figure it all out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just popping in to clarify my LED and DR statement above... I don't think it matters if the LED is used immediately after rolling, IF the rolling is for "product penetration" only. But if the long needles are used, and CIT is your goal, then I absolutely believe that the LED will interfere with with the 2nd, 3rd + 4th stage of the wound healing cascade...

No I don't roll, but I do know a thing or ten about wounds in general, and the biochemical and pathological response to injury.

To put it in a nut shell, acute wounds heal in a an orderly and efficient manner, and are characterized by four distinct, but overlapping phases: 1) hemostasis, 2)inflammation, 3) proliferation and 4) remodeling.

If the inflammatory stage is disrupted, by the anti-inflammatory capabilities of the LED, then the 3rd and 4th stages of the skin remodelling process will be disrupted, and not reach it's full potential.

Anyhoo, that's my take from a purely medical point of view. The science also dictates that vitamin C is an essential component needed, to build the healthiest collagen. I know it has been talked about that Spa's typically follow rolling with LED treatments, but I would assume it's strictly for the aesthetic effect, and not based at all on the biochemistry aspect.

Maybe one of you roller/LED folks should start up a specific thread on this topic. It could make for a very interesting + helpful thread for those who are using both devices.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea, Kassy! I just started a thread for this. Here is the link.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=518212#518212

Kassy_A wrote:

Maybe one of you roller/LED folks should start up a specific thread on this topic. It could make for a very interesting + helpful thread for those who are using both devices.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I've finally just ordered for the Anti-Aging LightStim!Another gadget to add to the collection I've started just over the past year! Laughing
I'm soooo pleased with the results of the gadgets I've already got, I felt I needed to try the apparently number one! I'm hoping it will be the last one I purchase though!! Rolling Eyes
Many,many thanks for all the info you all give! And I'll certainly post my results.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Pollyanna, I've never done more than three sessions per week and have had good results. More than that is too drying on my skin. I'd say give fewer sessions a try. It may work for you. If it doesn't, you can work your way back up as your skin adjusts. Of course, this is just my opinion. It will be interesting to see what other members have to say about this.

I'm not sure about the Avocado oil. I know I've read that you shouldn't apply oil before LED use but Avocado may be an exception. hmm Hmmm, now I want to go back and read that.

Hi Tonia, well maybe that's why my face is so dry. I have been using my AALS 6 days a week, and my skin has never been so dried out. I use the green tea spray before, and I apply help oil after. I thought it might have been the green tea drying my face, but maybe 6 days a week for the AALS is just too much for me. I already have dry skin anyways. Well thanks for the tip you gave Pollyanna:)
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the AALS is drying. But if you apply moisturiser on later, it shouldn't be so bad. I have very dry skin as well, I apply some night cream over after the treatment, or sometimes I use EVOO.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have very dry skin but never had a problem using my AALS. Sometimes when I use the green tea, it can be a bit drying though. So on the nights I skip it, all seems to be fine. Once I am done using my AALS, I apply a face cream though and get ready for bed since I use mine at night.

4 months of using the AALS and still think this is the best thing I ever purchased. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I have very dry skin but never had a problem using my AALS. Sometimes when I use the green tea, it can be a bit drying though. So on the nights I skip it, all seems to be fine. Once I am done using my AALS, I apply a face cream though and get ready for bed since I use mine at night.

4 months of using the AALS and still think this is the best thing I ever purchased. Smile

So is it the greentea?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it sounds more like the green tea, I realized with mine at home it was not watered down properly (too high of a concentration). I use the recipe Kassy posted on the other thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I have to apologize to Kassy for doubting her. After seeing her recent picture, I went ahead and bought the AALS. I made a batch of Kassy's pretreatment serum and have been using it with the AALS every other night. On the other nights, I apply CPs before the AALS treatment. I have to say that my mouth area is much improved and I have to give Kassy all the credit. I should have listened to her earlier - lesson learned.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've just got my AALS a week ago and very happy with the improvements I get from using both DPL and AALS. They compliment each other nicely. But AALS seems to take longer and it feels much hotter on the skin than DPL.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I have to apologize to Kassy for doubting her. After seeing her recent picture, I went ahead and bought the AALS. I made a batch of Kassy's pretreatment serum and have been using it with the AALS every other night. On the other nights, I apply CPs before the AALS treatment. I have to say that my mouth area is much improved and I have to give Kassy all the credit. I should have listened to her earlier - lesson learned.

No apology necessary Skip. I'm glad it's going well.

Your regime sounds right as rain to me. I'm doing very similar and still seeing nice subtle and ongoing improvements.

Holler out if you need any help.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

I find using fresh green and/or white tea on it's own is quite drying but I love the feeling of tightness..

In case it helps, adding a few drops of glycerin to your TBS or so of tea, is not only moisturizing, but you can just slap it on, let it absorb and then do the LED.

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I've just got my AALS a week ago and very happy with the improvements I get from using both DPL and AALS. They compliment each other nicely. But AALS seems to take longer and it feels much hotter on the skin than DPL.

Have at it Missy!

It's nice having the DPL to switch off with when you are pressed for time.. The diodes are far from your skin though, thus the different heat factor.

Hope you guys are all using a microfiber to get the crud off prior... Dancing

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

I must confess that I was hard headed and thought all LEDs were the SAME......WRONG Rolling Eyes ....and so glad I continued to read the lightstim thread with all the rave reviews with Kassy's being at the top. I now have made the switch to the Lightstim and my skin looks fabulous. Many thanks to Kassy for keeping on keeping on with reviews..she is the energizer bunny for Lightstim...she keeps on keeping on Imageand now I know why!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
In case it helps, adding a few drops of glycerin to your TBS or so of tea, is not only moisturizing, but you can just slap it on, let it absorb and then do the LED.

Hmmm, good idea! I think I'll do that next time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I must confess that I was hard headed and thought all LEDs were the SAME......WRONG Rolling Eyes ....and so glad I continued to read the lightstim thread with all the rave reviews with Kassy's being at the top. I now have made the switch to the Lightstim and my skin looks fabulous. Many thanks to Kassy for keeping on keeping on with reviews..she is the energizer bunny for Lightstim...she keeps on keeping on and now I know why!!! Laughing

Which LED did you use prior to LightStim? Are you currently using the AALS or another device?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
The lights that I have used for a couple of years were the prolight red and amber..... I have been using the AALS for three months. Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |