Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Toby, your forehead photo showing your progress w/the lightstim is absoluely amazing..and i am so happy you are getting the permanent ant-wrinkle reSults on your lower eye area also...what a joy!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
fmvalentina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I received my Lightstim from QVC. Was there supposed to be a serum included? I know it wasn't listed on the QVC description page, but from some of the posts in the last few pages, I got the impression there was some *surprise* in the package for the first QVC purchases? I might have very well misread or misinterprested something, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

TIA
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:46 am      Reply with quote
It's been a while since i've posted about my initial AALS experience (want to try it again knowing what i now know about my skin)...but want to let new eds'ers know about it..cause it's an excellent case of not listening to my own skin/intuition..and hurting my skin as a result.

i came to eds originally in my pursuit of finding an led..and decided on the AALS....and proceeded to kind of 'force' myself to use it every day for 4 days..even though after the 2nd day my skin/being was loudly telling me to stop..but my intellect was saying that i must do this for a least 5 days a week in order to get the results i want..and i listened to my mind (this was at the beginning of my anti-aging journey here)...everything about the device had become 'painful' to me..from the heat of the device to the emf's as i placed the device near my brain (forehead/temples, etc.)

..and although my skin looked smoother after the first day of use (and i should have taken a break at that point even though i was just beginning the AALS experience).. by the 4th day i got a 'dry' patch (looks like the ripples in the desert sand) that i still have (it's very small but still 'noticeable' w/o oil on my face....wonder why it's still there!) a painful blister on my cheek the same size as one of the lights...which healed after amonth or so..and i swear was actually a burn... and a brown spot on my chin.

...after which i decided to return the unit..based on steve's recommendation at the time..

i don't think this will happen to the vast vast majority of people...who will do very very well w/ the 5 day a week (at first) protocol (i prefer to say i am very 'responsive' rather than overly sensitive..i personally need less than the recommended amount in everything..not just led protocol).. but i'm posting this just to say how important it is to follow your own skin's process in using this device (as Kassy, and others have indicated)

i am going to try to use this device again though based on toby's spectacular photo's but with modifications... following the path of my skin rather than the path of my mind!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
InSweetTime
5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:05 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey

How long ago did you do your 4 treatments? You still see a slight ripple pattern?

Thank you for sharing!!!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Jasminerosy~ I appreciate you posting your experience as it's something to be mindful of. It also has confirmed for me the need to use every other day for the first week to see how my skin responds.

Kassy~ I'd love to know what you'd add to the serum to ramp it up a notch!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
fmvalentina wrote:
I received my Lightstim from QVC. Was there supposed to be a serum included? I know it wasn't listed on the QVC description page, but from some of the posts in the last few pages, I got the impression there was some *surprise* in the package for the first QVC purchases? I might have very well misread or misinterprested something, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

TIA

Per Toby's previous post:

Oh yes it was on and Steve did a wonderful job and the QVC host was grand!!! Sold out in no time. Yes you contact Lightstim about your QVC purchase but you need to talk to Steve!!! Steve's skin looked great...by the way!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey,

did you use a serum with Green Tea before doing the treatments? I believe that makes a huge difference in the results (even if it is simple cotton pads with concentrated green tea 10 or so minutes before the treatment + drinking antioxidants internally...).

Also, I put EMF protector on mine, since I am very sensitive to EMF.

Hope that helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
fmvalentina wrote:

TIA

Per Toby's previous post:

Oh yes it was on and Steve did a wonderful job and the QVC host was grand!!! Sold out in no time. Yes you contact Lightstim about your QVC purchase but you need to talk to Steve!!! Steve's skin looked great...by the way!

I guess I'm still confused. I have to contact Steve to get the serum?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
fmvalentina,
Sorry for the confusion about the serum. QVC doesn't have the serum. If you bought the light from QVC then call Steve and tell him and he will have a nice surprise for you. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
fmvalentina,
Sorry for the confusion about the serum. QVC doesn't have the serum. If you bought the light from QVC then call Steve and tell him and he will have a nice surprise for you. Very Happy

Thank you, toby:)

BTW - by any chance do you have before and after photos of your nasal labial fold area from using the Lightstim? I really appreciate that you posted those incredible pictures of your forehead, its a big motivator to many of us who sometimes give up too soon:)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Now for any new Lightstim owners...you now have something in common with some of these celebrities...Steve sent out the new Lightstim to the following people..

Quoted from Steve,
"Oprah, Michelle Obama, Arnold & Maria Shriver-Swartzarzenegger, Laura Bush, Mary J Blige, Erin Brockovich, Deepak Chopra, Sally Field, Jane Fonda, Leeza Gibbons, Goldie Hawn, Donna Karen, Kim Kardashian, Caroline Kennedy, Billie Jean King, Matt Lauer, Laura and Lisa Ling, Rob Lowe, Sarah Mclachian, Jillian Michaels, Suze Orman, Lisa and Dr. Oz, Robert Redford, Tony Robbins, Diane Sawyer, Jessica Simpson, and Rita Wilson. These people are among the few to get their hands on a LightStim for Wrinkles prior to the QVC launch on the 29th. We at LightStim are extremely fortunate, as this is one of the incredible opportunities that has been afforded to LightStim because of our Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles".

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Sigma,

thanks for the reminder to use a EMF protector(don't know why i didn't think of it at the time)do you feel a significant decrease in emf's(especially near the brain) when you use the EMF protector on the AALS?

also...my experience of the AALS was 2 years ago(only for 4 days).and at that time no one was speaking about the need for green tea..or other antioxidant protection... for potential led damage to the skin..so i will def use green tea when i try it again. do you notice a dif in your skin when you use the AALS with the green tea...how is it dif?

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:58 am      Reply with quote
InSweetTime,
i used the AALS in Sept. 2008...perhaps i shouldn't call it a 'ripple..hard to articulate these skin aberrations sometimes...perhaps it's more like parched earth with a lot or intercrossing lines (it's a very small patch thank goodness..and no one would notice unless they were right up to my face and 'looking' when i wasn't wearing oils)...it reminded me of what the led/green tea study said could happen to the skin if antioxidants (like green tea) weren't used.....i know this may not be true for all skin (or even for most skin)..but there are dif types of skin..and some of us..like me..are more susceptible to this kind of activity.

Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Now for any new Lightstim owners...you now have something in common with some of these celebrities...Steve sent out the new Lightstim to the following people..

Quoted from Steve,
"Oprah, Michelle Obama, Arnold & Maria Shriver-Swartzarzenegger, Laura Bush, Mary J Blige, Erin Brockovich, Deepak Chopra, Sally Field, Jane Fonda, Leeza Gibbons, Goldie Hawn, Donna Karen, Kim Kardashian, Caroline Kennedy, Billie Jean King, Matt Lauer, Laura and Lisa Ling, Rob Lowe, Sarah Mclachian, Jillian Michaels, Suze Orman, Lisa and Dr. Oz, Robert Redford, Tony Robbins, Diane Sawyer, Jessica Simpson, and Rita Wilson. These people are among the few to get their hands on a LightStim for Wrinkles prior to the QVC launch on the 29th. We at LightStim are extremely fortunate, as this is one of the incredible opportunities that has been afforded to LightStim because of our Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles".

Personally, I couldn't care less who recieved a complimentary, pre-launch LightStim; there is no guarantee that these people will use it. I am sure some people are impressed by name-dropping though! For all we know, the unit will be thrown into the garbage, unopened. Companies often use this marketing strategy to promote their products; celebrities are often the recipients. I am sure these people could easily afford either professional treatments or could readily purchase a professional light for home use if convenience was an issue.

As far as the issue of "Over-The-Counter FDA Clearance for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles" goes, LightStim is neither the first nor the only company to receive this clearance. In fact LightStim cited Omnilux New-U, Light BioScience Gentlewaves Consumer LED, Omnilux Revive & Plus Combo, and Emergo Group LumiPhase-R as Predicate Devices when applying for FDA clearance on their Anti-Aging Light (a predicate device is a product which the FDA has previously granted approval that is "substantially equivalent"). They then used the approved Anti-Aging Light as the predicate for the new Light For Wrinkles device.

OTC FDA Clearance just means the device is safe for use by the consumer, when used in accordance with the instructions. it doesn't mean it is necessarily effective as claimed. For those so inclined, you can read the FDA approval documents here:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf9/K092800.pdf

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/K101190.pdf

All I am saying is don't be confused or even impressed by the marketing of the product! I will say that Steve did a very good job of selling his new device though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Personally, I couldn't care less who recieved a complimentary, pre-launch LightStim; there is no guarantee that these people will use it.

...I will say that Steve did a very good job of selling his new device though.

I'm sure the freebies are endless in the celebrity realm. Maybe Steve will make it on Oprah. That would be a great boost for him. He did do a great job on the QVC channel as far as I could tell - that was my first time ever watching. It was quite the fast and furious event.... I almost blinked and it was SOLD OUT,

Question for Lacy: Do you have an LED or ever used one? Sorry if you've already answered this - thread is so long I easily may have missed it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I'm sure the freebies are endless in the celebrity realm. Maybe Steve will make it on Oprah. That would be a great boost for him. He did do a great job on the QVC channel as far as I could tell - that was my first time ever watching. It was quite the fast and furious event.... I almost blinked and it was SOLD OUT,

Question for Lacy: Do you have an LED or ever used one? Sorry if you've already answered this - thread is so long I easily may have missed it.

I have watched QVC HSN &SNBC, in the past and things sell out in the blink of an eye all the time so that's no shock.

Why does it matter if someone has or hasn't used a product? I was under the impression that members are free to post politely their opinions and or facts on all threads? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
With regard to the safety of LEDs - infrared LEDs are used in humidicribs. Have you ever heard of a premmy baby being burnt in a humidicrib? (Whether they grow up with less wrinkles, I don't know!)

Could we not go down the road of "do you own this product" to be able to post a reply. I enjoy contributing to some of the Product Review discussions even though I rarely purchase. All posts are relevant if they have something to add to the topic at hand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:16 am      Reply with quote
One of the main reasons it sold out so quickly was that stock was available before it was presented. At least that is what the hostess said during the presentation. I guess a lot of people found out and grabbed one right away because it was such a good price. I agree with Lacy53 regarding the list of celebrities. We don't even know if they will use the product. Of course, from a marketing standpoint it is a great idea to send them one. They did the same thing with the Tua Viso. There were celebrity thank you notes on the website. None of them said they were using the device or that it worked. I thought that these people were actually using the device. I then read that they were given the devices for free. It was kind of a turn off.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I don't think a celeb is going to use a Lightstim 3 minutes per area (well over an hour if doing ears, neck and hands too) when they can use a professional device doing everywhere in much less time.

Let's not get carried away here..I have had surgery but still have unevenly textured skin (hence why I'm getting CO2), but AALS didn't bring a dramatic improvement to my scars/texture/slight expression lines..what it does do is lighten and brighten the skin. Just my opinion.

I have done lots over the years, thanks to reading EDS. Trying to encourage collagen growth (faithfully used Retin-A, supplements, AALS, TCA peels every few months, OCM with Vaculift etc) but nothing has given me a Eureka moment, I'm afraid.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
One of the main reasons it sold out so quickly was that stock was available before it was presented. At least that is what the hostess said during the presentation. I guess a lot of people found out and grabbed one right away because it was such a good price. I agree with Lacy53 regarding the list of celebrities. We don't even know if they will use the product. Of course, from a marketing standpoint it is a great idea to send them one. They did the same thing with the Tua Viso. There were celebrity thank you notes on the website. None of them said they were using the device or that it worked. I thought that these people were actually using the device. I then read that they were given the devices for free. It was kind of a turn off.

I agree with Lacy, as well. It is a turn off and it is just a marketing ploy, but there are a lot of people who adore celebrities and will use whatever they are told the celebrity uses. So, the marketing ploy usually works on the masses.

Just so I have this clear in my own mind, the "new" AALS is the exact same as the old AALS just a different housing/handle?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I have done lots over the years, thanks to reading EDS. Trying to encourage collagen growth (faithfully used Retin-A, supplements, AALS, TCA peels every few months, OCM with Vaculift etc) but nothing has given me a Eureka moment, I'm afraid.

My sentiments exactly, couldn't have put it better myself!!

As for the celebrities - there's some rather funny choices in there if you ask me. But if Arnold Swartzarzenegger uses it and claims his collagen is stimulated I'll feel there's hope for me yet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
ljk,

do you notice a signifiant tightening/brightening of your skin w/ the AALS (even if it's not an 'eureka mment'do you still feel it's been a worthwhile investment?)

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,
Right the new AALS is the very same light set up as the old just a new handle. Also the lights are more recessed which makes it easier to use around the eye area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
for anyone who has the new model AALS...

i know that the new model has the lights recessed a bit more than the old model (or am i misunderstanding this)...but do the lights still rest directly on your skin?

steve did tell me that for the few people who have skin sensitivites to the lights (like i did) that he recommended that they hold the light a bit away from their skin... but it would be nice for me if the lights didn't rest directly on the skin anymore

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Strange that the QVC clip specifically says not to do over the eyes, I always thought it was OK, unless I missed that memo! The new Lightstim comes with goggles too. No filling in of scars or wrinkles for me..and I have had a diligent regimen for a long time (just look at my signature line Confused )! I even did Efudix earlier this year.

I've had my AALS 2 1/2 years.

jasminerosey, no tightening but brightening, yes. Useful for an insomniac like myself Smile I was lucky enough to get mine from ebay UK second-hand for around £89.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |