Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies... Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Lightstim from the qvc site. I'm an impulsive procrastinator, if you can imagine such a thing. I've been on the verge of buying it countless times since Toby and Kassy started singing its praises.
Was the 20% off discount for EDS users applicable to purchases from qvc?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Marie-Andrée wrote:
I just purchased the Lightstim from the qvc site. I'm an impulsive procrastinator, if you can imagine such a thing. I've been on the verge of buying it countless times since Toby and Kassy started singing its praises.
Was the 20% off discount for EDS users applicable to purchases from qvc?

I don't believe so.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add that I also bought my Lightstim off of QVC and I love it!!! I just wish they sold the acne one also. I guess I'm going to have to buy that one directly from Lightstim website.

I've only had my AALS for a week, but I can see the difference. I am 35, and am starting to see those fine lines around the eyes. I have not seen much difference there yet, but as for the overall condition of my face, it has improved.

For instance, during the winter I always get dry flaky skin no matter what I do. I exfoliate and use layers of facial creams or oils to moisturize my face, but I still get dry flaky skin around the nose area and random areas. Since I've been using my Lightstim daily, my skin feels and looks more moisturized, and I cannot put my finger on it but my face seems to be more glowy!

One thing I have noticed is it seems to have brought out a sun spot under my eye (I always get several sun spots during the summer, but they fade during the winter). I am hoping that it will start to fade soon. I believe I read on here that is what someone said happened to them. Anyway, I am loving it, and definitely plan on buying the acne one this week. I don't see a lot of reviews on here about that one, so I will review it after a few weeks of use.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Darn it Kassy I missed your photos!

Just wanted to jump in and say this: I use a ton of great topicals, aka tretinoin and Skinmedica vitamin C, Nia 24 etc, but I have absolutely seen a positive difference after the addition of the lightstim. I only use it once per week. The main difference I have seen had been around my eyes, especially in the upper eyelid area.

That being said, I hate to see people who have never tried the lightstim to jump into this thread and criticize posters or doubt our skin results. It's insulting really. I am a medical professional, as are many other users, and have a culinary business as well. We are real people that care about our skin, and jumped of the bridge just to try this gadget. That being said, if you been an avid user and have not been happy with results I'd love to hear about it and perhaps make suggestions if you wish.

Ok rant over! On a positive end note, I am so happy with the AALS results. And, special thanks to Toby and Kassy who helped me with skin advice!

Happy holidays! xo

S

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I missed the photos too! :cry:
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:50 am      Reply with quote
Regarding the use of Lightstim with Retin-A - I notice that this subject is now addressed on the "How to Use Your Lightstim" page on their website:

Wash your face with a good quality skin care product before using the Light. Although optional, results will be more dramatic if used with a high quality anti-aging or moisturizing skin care product. Products containing Retin-A® should only be used after using your LightStim as they may increase sensitivity.

Also, note that for the best results, daily treatments are recommended.

Expected Results
Whether it’s Acne, Rosacea or Aging that you are addressing, keep in mind each of these conditions took time to develop, and each of these conditions may take time to improve. Results range from immediate to several weeks to several months. With patience, diligence and regular use of your LightStim the results are in your hands!

It is highly recommended you use the Light daily as this will provide optimal results. Most people relax in the privacy of their home, watch television, catch up on phone calls, surf the Web, or read a book while using their LightStim.

http://www.lightstim.com/how-to-use-the-led-photo-rejuvenation-lights.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that Keliu. I wonder daily for how long?

How many of your are using your AALS daily? I have been using it for 1 week, but only did 5 nights out of the 7.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for posting that Keliu. I wonder daily for how long?

How many of your are using your AALS daily? I have been using it for 1 week, but only did 5 nights out of the 7.

When I first started (about three years ago), I used it daily for a few months (sometimes missing a day here and there). I still use it as often as I can.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I just got my Lightstim yesterday and couldn't wait to use it last night. It took 45 minutes to do my entire face (including neck and under the chin - which I'm hoping has a tightening effect).

It struck me that 45 minutes a day might become problematic - plus I have an almost 5 year old who would jump all over it if I used it during the evening.

That means I need to use it after the squirt goes to bed - which would make a long day, longer. So my thought was this: I wonder if using it in the key areas would still encourage collagen growth all over the face... The lights are so bright - could there be some effect in the areas adjacent to the direct placement of the lights? If so, and if I cut the time to 2 minutes per section rather than 3 minutes, I could do this more consistently.

I hate to cut down the time, but I also want to be realistic. Yet I also want to be effective... argh! Is 45 minutes just the price that needs to be paid for better skin? Maybe I just need to wrap my head around that more...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Well I am not an expert of the use of the light but I did end up getting two to shorten the treatment time....as I say this you must remember I am older...not a 5 yr. old in the house....a 5 yr. old grandson that comes to see Nana is the deal for me. Being older means more time for treatments as well as more need!!! Laughing I do treatments when watching TV or on the computer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
This was a long tread to read.. Very Happy
I just wonder if i can use it..i have a very dry,sensitive skin,with signs of cracked veins.Retinol is out of the question..
Can i use this Lightstim?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
It is not like using tropicals on the skin...it is a rejuvenating light for treatment purposes. Try it and if not pleased send it back.....it is a winner for me!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
It is not like using tropicals on the skin...it is a rejuvenating light for treatment purposes. Try it and if not pleased send it back.....it is a winner for me!!!

I saw it was a light treatment,but i heard some got dryer or more irritated skin.. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think it would be important to stay hydrated both by drinking water and moisturizing well after doing treatments. I don't have dry skin...there maybe others on the Lightstim thread that can help. WinkI just know it does really help under the eyes and for that matter the whole face, neck, and hands! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
I just got my Lightstim yesterday and couldn't wait to use it last night. It took 45 minutes to do my entire face (including neck and under the chin - which I'm hoping has a tightening effect).

It struck me that 45 minutes a day might become problematic - plus I have an almost 5 year old who would jump all over it if I used it during the evening.

That means I need to use it after the squirt goes to bed - which would make a long day, longer. So my thought was this: I wonder if using it in the key areas would still encourage collagen growth all over the face... The lights are so bright - could there be some effect in the areas adjacent to the direct placement of the lights? If so, and if I cut the time to 2 minutes per section rather than 3 minutes, I could do this more consistently.

I hate to cut down the time, but I also want to be realistic. Yet I also want to be effective... argh! Is 45 minutes just the price that needs to be paid for better skin? Maybe I just need to wrap my head around that more...

I'll be happy to give you my opinion, and hope it helps.. It's more important that you do your treatment for a full 3 minutes per spot, than trying to shorten that time. To compromise, perhaps you can use your LED every other day, but be sure it's a lengthy treatment.

If you look in a mirror while you have the light resting gently on your skin, you will see that an area of about 1/2 an inch more all around is benefiting from the light (4 inches round). You can spread your treatment spots out a bit, rather than overlapping areas which a lot of us do. This will cut your time down by about 10 or 15 minutes.

I disagree with Steve on "daily" treatments indefinitely, and have spoke to him at length about it. Let's just say we agree to disagree, and I will continue to do what I know is working for me. He also is well aware of my feelings regarding *topicals* that are complimentary to LED treatments, as is the formulator who put his product together. It has in fact been an ongoing discussion complete with research between us for about a year. (Hence, the non-occlusive product that is for sale on LightStim now.) Steve is also aware of this thread, so if he has anything to add to this, I'm sure he'll do so. (I'm happy to post anything he asks me to!)

While I'm on the subject of *topicals* I'd just remind everyone that when he says "be sure the skin is dry before using the light", he neglected to add that; there should be no *film* remaining on the surface after your product of choice has absorbed and penetrated. (A serum designed specifically for LED use, usually isn't a concern because it doesn't have *film forming agents* which are designed to stay on skins surface.)

As far as the "tightening effect" you asked about, I'd just say that it will help with that over the long haul, but you will get quicker and better results if you add some type of 'massage' to your regime. Manual massages are great, and U-Tube has some excellent videos. I also highly recommend the facial "Vaculifter", which is fabulous for keeping the skin plumped, oxygenated + *firmer*. (I swear by this thing, and to answer whomever asked the question of "how come I don't have vertical smokers lines, the "V" is the answer!)

I hope you have fabulous results, and really enjoy your LED.

***Sorry, but I won't go back and forth with attacks on my *opinions* regarding treatment serums. It's a no win situation trying to debate it with folks who haven't had great results doing it "their" way, or folks who aren't LED users so haven't experimented with treatment serums. It's also impossible to try to debate copy + paste that have been picked apart from "patents", when the pickers have actually opted to leave the important bits out. (Patents by design are meant to confuse. It worked based on what I saw here.) Anyway I know what works with LED's after much trial and error, and have shared it here. Use it or ignore it as you all see fit.***

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ •。★Christmas
★Happy Holiday's 。* 。*
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★
˚ ˛ •˛•/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。*
˚ ˛ •˛•| 田田|門| ˚ and Happy New Year to all!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice photo!You look great!
Do you do face exercise also?I got intrested in the Vaculifter,where can i buy one?
Thank you for posting picture:)

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for you input, gals - I suspected that 3 minutes per treatment area was not negotiable for really effective results. LOL.

I think I'll experiment with using the Lightstim on problem areas, say 20 minutes per session total, and at least three days a week, go for the full 45 minutes.

Eventually, I will have to buy another unit, I'm sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
At 42 your plan sounds fine and as you get in the routine of using it you will be surprised at the time you might find to do treatments. I also like to do treatments in the bed before I go to sleep, they are very relaxing.

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the Retin A info, Keliu.

I think the most any of us can do is share what is or isn't working for us and then allow each person individually to draw his/her own conclusions as mentioned earlier. We are constantly reminded that nothing works the same for everyone and that we need to pay attention to how our skin responds and then adjust accordingly. If using a serum in conjunction with your LED treatment works for you, then great. In my case, I've tried various serums (and yes, even light oils) in conjuction with my LED use and find I get better results on bare skin.

Thanks to everyone for sharing what works for them (or not!) as it helps me to figure out my own routine especially when I am getting poor or non-existent results despite all my efforts. Smile
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ •。★Christmas
★Happy Holiday's 。* 。*
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★
˚ ˛ •˛•/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。*
˚ ˛ •˛•| 田田|門| ˚ and Happy New Year to all!

Yay! Thanks for reposting you look so gorgeous! I think I'll call you "bright eyes" from now on! Wishing you a wonderful holiday too! xo

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks to everyone for sharing what works for them (or not!) as it helps me to figure out my own routine especially when I am getting poor or non-existent results despite all my efforts. Smile

I think that is the key - to do what you feel is best for you, you have to believe in what you're doing.

In regard to non-existent results - it's very easy to be put off when you read of people who seem to eradicate their wrinkles and get glowing plump skin after only a couple of treatments. I have never been one of those people. But that doesn't mean that the device isn't doing what it's supposed to do. Who knows what's going on deep in the dermis. Collagen and elastin build up over time - it's a long, ongoing process. So even though your results may not be immediately visible, good things are happening where you can't see them!

I think the Lightstim should be regarded as a necessary tool that will bring benefits to the skin when used long term - not as some kind of magic wand.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Thanks for the Retin A info, Keliu.

I think the most any of us can do is share what is or isn't working for us and then allow each person individually to draw his/her own conclusions as mentioned earlier. We are constantly reminded that nothing works the same for everyone and that we need to pay attention to how our skin responds and then adjust accordingly. If using a serum in conjunction with your LED treatment works for you, then great. In my case, I've tried various serums (and yes, even light oils) in conjuction with my LED use and find I get better results on bare
skin.

Thanks to everyone for sharing what works for them (or not!) as it helps me to figure out my own routine especially when I am getting poor or
non-existent results despite all my efforts. Smile

It's also much appreciated by those of us that are contemplating this as a purchase, let me just say it is not an inexpensive purchase for many. The time needed to devote is also a consideration!
Smile

Happy Holidays to all!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
To all EDS Members - wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and every happiness in the New Year to come - love from Lulu and me!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |