Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:31 am      Reply with quote
The one I bought and like is Gymboss GB2010 SILVER at amazon (it is interval timer and was about $19.00).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Sigma. The timer will really make using the AALS much better for me than having to watch the clock!
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
If you ever use the AALS in front of your monitor you can use onlinestopwatch.c o m

It does a countdown and a very non annoying reminder/bell.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thank you, Sigma. The timer will really make using the AALS much better for me than having to watch the clock!

A year ago I bought one of those watches with an interval timer and that is what I use (also through Amazon). That way I can also wear it while exercising (I think they are called HIIT or high intensity interval training).

The exercises have fallen by the wayside, but I still have the watch! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Sigma,

thanks so much for posting your experience with the new Lightstim.

If anyone is interested in a less expensive timer, I bought this one from Ebay for about $10 and it works great - after a few friends and family saw mine they wanted one too:)

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?rt=nc%26LH_PrefLoc=1%26_nkw=Large%20Screen%20Digital%20Kitchen%20Timer%20Alarm%20Count%20Up%20Down%26_fln=1%26_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Once you set the 3 minute time, it counts down, the buzzer goes off, hit one button twice and it starts again without having to reset the time. It makes it really simple to watch tv or do other things while you're using the lightstim.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I've been away for a few days and things have certainly "heated up" here. Laughing

FWIW My "new" lightstim model appears to be okay.... Sorry for all of the difficulties others are having. I'm glad Steve is taking it seriously and looking into it. I don't have an older model to compare it to so thanks to Sigma for her input there . Mine does get warm but I don't feel like it is overly hot or anything.

Don't mean to offend anyone but I did have a good laugh at the Thank you hearts... lol:

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
If you ever use the AALS in front of your monitor you can use onlinestopwatch.c o m

It does a countdown and a very non annoying reminder/bell.

Wow, I need to check into that before I spent the money. I use the AALS in front of the computer all the time! Laughing Thanks for letting us know about this!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

The exercises have fallen by the wayside, but I still have the watch! Laughing

LOL. I hear you on the exercise front! I'm going to check the online site first, and if that doesn't work for me, I'll order the Gymboss!
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
EDS won't let me post the entire link because I'm a newbie but I'll use spaces - maybe once you check it out you can post the link properly.

h t t p://w w w.online-stopwatch.c o m/

I hope you like it as much as I do rileygirl! wave
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, Keliu & ATester for your response to my questions & Sigma for sharing your experience. I do remember you mentioning this earlier on in this thread.

I got my timer from the dollar store for a couple of bucks...works great to simplify treatments!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:
EDS won't let me post the entire link because I'm a newbie but I'll use spaces - maybe once you check it out you can post the link properly.

h t t p://w w w.online-stopwatch.c o m/

Here is the link. I'll try it tonight. Thanks again Gidget!

http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget - The online timer is terrific for setting up intervals for LED Use.... Thanks so much. A great find.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Gidget wrote:

Gidget, I used this tonight and I Love it! It really made a huge difference instead of trying to squint with one eye and watch the clock the whole time! Thanks again for the link!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just got off the phone with Steve. He was on his way to a hotel, but was kind enough to check in with me on the hotness issue with the new Lightstim.

(Thanks, Steve!)

After having a good fifteen minute conversation with him, I learned:

--It is best to moisturize before using the Lightstim. He recommends it strongly.

--It is best not to use CPs beforehand - rather to wait until afterwards

--Matrixyl 3000 is a great pre-serum and he uses it in his own serum offered at his website (I ordered mine thru NCN)

--Any Retin A (retinol) type product should be used until after treatment... Or... drumroll... Not at all if one is experiencing a drawn look or dehydration after use of the Lightstim.

--He is willing to swap out the new unit for the old if someone really feels uncomfortable with the new unit.

--He is a nice guy

I think the retinol 2% is part of the problem in my more haggard look after using the Lightstim. I've been using it as soon as I finish a treatment hoping to capitalize on the increased circulation. As Steve put it: The Lightstim is helping to plump the skin and the retinol is working in the opposite direction. The result could be what faces me in the mirror these days!

So the plan is to lay off the retinol, use my Matrixyl before treatment, my CPs, etc. afterwards and (note to self: drink more water). If my appearance doesn't improve or the heat continues to prove an issue, I will trade it in. I'm giving myself a good week to see if there is any improvement.

Hope that helps... I'll let you gals know how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Luminosity for reporting back on what Steve recommended. You know I was wondering if the Retin A, AHA/BHA I use plus the Lightstim was maybe stressing my skin too much. I never used them right after the Light though.
I think I'll try cutting back on these products for the time being anyways and see how things go. Thanks again! Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
As a long time user of Retin-A, I don't have any problems with using the light as well. However, I don't apply it straight after an LED treatment - I wait awhile. In my opinion, the light is calming to irritated skin, but it could be that applying Retin-A whilst the skin is still warm and damp from the heat of the light is not a good idea. I know you're supposed to wait about an hour after a shower to apply Retin-A, so this would make sense.

If possible, I wouldn't stop using Retin-A or Retinol if your skin normally tolerates it - just wait until your skin has calmed down from the light and then apply or apply it on the nights when you're not doing a treatment. Let us know how you get on.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
No, I wouldn't want to stop RA, I think I'll use on nights I don't use the Lightstim.
I have been more agressive with AHA/BHA over the winter so I can afford to scale back on these as my skin can get a bit irritated & dryer from them. I'll experiment & post back how things are going.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
No, I wouldn't want to stop RA, I think I'll use on nights I don't use the Lightstim.
I have been more agressive with AHA/BHA over the winter so I can afford to scale back on these as my skin can get a bit irritated & dryer from them. I'll experiment & post back how things are going.

Just my experience - but my skin gets far more irritated and dry from AHAs than it does from Retin-A.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Glad you like the timer riley and sister!

On the AALS - I use it first on areas that are prone to any dryness or drawn look - before it has heated, and then I use it less sensitive areas once it has heated.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity - why not use CPs before the AALS? Did Steve say why not?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I would imagine CP's too strong or drying or the light can't penetrate as well, but I'll be curious to see answer.

Another thing I like after AALS is "Let's Make Collagen" So ASG prior, AALS and then ELSerum or LMC after is my preference.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Luminosity - why not use CPs before the AALS? Did Steve say why not?

I asked him about CPs before the AALS because I was afraid the copper might be scattering the light and making the treatment less effective. I don't even know if that is possible but I was curious about his answer.

He didn't seem to be a fan of CPs in general. He had concerns about the quality or source of the CPs out there. He said CPs could react differently for different people and could cause an exfoliation effect (he didn't follow up on why that would be undesirable - maybe that would make the LED treatment too harsh?).

So, in the end, I don't have a good answer about why not to use CPs before the Lightstim. My hunch is that it is too stimulating (and would be best applied once the skin has calmed down.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

I asked him about CPs before the AALS because I was afraid the copper might be scattering the light and making the treatment less effective. I don't even know if that is possible but I was curious about his answer.

He didn't seem to be a fan of CPs in general. He had concerns about the quality or source of the CPs out there. He said CPs could react differently for different people and could cause an exfoliation effect (he didn't follow up on why that would be undesirable - maybe that would make the LED treatment too harsh?).

So, in the end, I don't have a good answer about why not to use CPs before the Lightstim. My hunch is that it is too stimulating (and would be best applied once the skin has calmed down.)
Thanks Luminosity. I wonder exactly what Steve does know about CPs??? Perhaps I'll venture to ask. Thanks again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Steve is on QVC right now!!!!
Quick show but great information and a neat caller called in and said her crows feet were gone after using the light....she is 61 and started noticing the changes after four weeks of use!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Dang I missed it! I need to get on some sort of alert so I can watch online when he is on.

That's great that she called in and has found a reduction in her crow's feet! FAB!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |