Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
- The bright side is I'm still holding my own, and the bratty, snot nosed young guy at the Florida Fair, guessed my age at 39.. (He was furious, and made me produce my license, then he told my son; "I thought she was your wife, not your mother".. Laughing And poor Mr Kassy said; "so what am I, her grandfather".. And my grandkids are dancin around and hollerin "go grammy, go grammy... ( Laughing Ya had to be there... wave

Hope all are well and happy.. BIG hugs!

ImageThat's awesome Kassy!! Here's to getting more comments like that one Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Update for me:

- Using LED since 9-2007 (anti-aging model since 2-2008)

- The older I get, the harder it is to see additional improvements, but when I'm consistent using twice a week it seems to maintain previous results.

- When life gets in the way and I don't use it for 6 or so weeks, I definitely start to see the aging signs we all hate with the associated tired, drawn look.. Bad Grin

- - The bright side is I'm still holding my own, and the bratty, snot nosed young guy at the Florida Fair, guessed my age at 39.. (He was furious, and made me produce my license, then he told my son; "I thought she was your wife, not your mother".. Laughing And poor Mr Kassy said; "so what am I, her grandfather".. And my grandkids are dancin around and hollerin "go grammy, go grammy... ( Laughing Ya had to be there... wave

Hope all are well and happy.. BIG hugs!

Holy Buckets - Well I'm not surprised at all Maybe the Mr should use the AALS to ^try^ to keep up with you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, that's a riot about the Florida Fair! 39 years, woohooo!! Smile

I had to shelve my LightStim, newly pregnant here and was not sure about the safety of it. So it's in the closet till October. I'll be a lurking till then. Smile

Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Please pardon the noob question.

I've been reading for hours now and there are just so many threads and posts about LEDs. Literally thousands spanning years. Is the AALS the reigning champ of LEDs? Is there any consensus on which works the best? I'm looking for a little firming and wrinkle reduction. I also have the occasional blemish.
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:05 am      Reply with quote
FigNinja wrote:
Please pardon the noob question.

I've been reading for hours now and there are just so many threads and posts about LEDs. Literally thousands spanning years. Is the AALS the reigning champ of LEDs? Is there any consensus on which works the best? I'm looking for a little firming and wrinkle reduction. I also have the occasional blemish.

First off FigNinja Image

I think these links would be a good place to start. Also, if you do a 'search' on the forum you may come up with some other ones. And, you can read reviews regarding LightStim at QVC.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28996&highlight=led

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297&highlight=lightstim

Someone else may have some other links to contribute to your quest for the best LED.(I really do like the LightStim)

Hope this helps
Gidget
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Being the owner of several lights there is no question in the results I have seen on my own skin, Lightstim has given the best results. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
guessed my age at 39

I love this!! Very Happy

Kassy_A, what gadgets do you use/have you used to achieve these results?

Toby, which other lights have you used?
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I second Toby's opinion - having Prolight Platinum, Quasar and Lightstim - Lightstim is the only one that delivers.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Professional model prolight red, and professional model prolight amber.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!
sabbie

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Question for all of you long term AALS users, I wanted to do Kassy's Pineapple and Carrot Mask but wondered if I could do this before a AALS treatment or if I should just do it on a day off because of irritation? I've only had my AALS for 2 weeks and still trying to work my way through this thread to figure out how to get the best results from it. I'm using it 5 days a weeks so it doesn't leave me much time off to do masks in the evening when the kids go down. Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
karenlee wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
guessed my age at 39

I love this!! Very Happy

Kassy_A, what gadgets do you use/have you used to achieve these results?

Overall, the kudos go to;

* Great DNA (thanks Mom)
* Less is more attitude about skincare practices
* Little or no makeup EVER (I'm not a glamour girl) If it's true what they say that 'skin should breathe', then this has benefited me a great deal.
* Lots of gentle and regular exfoliation
* AALS (hands down, the best gadget I own)
* Small Face Vaculifter (2nd best)
* Plenty of red wine Laughing Cool (I'm half Sicilian after all, so it's in my blood! Very Happy )

Well maybe not plenty, probably more like 3 or 4 glasses a week with din-din.. I'm not a wine-o or anything.. Shock

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
sabbie wrote:
Question for all of you long term AALS users, I wanted to do Kassy's Pineapple and Carrot Mask but wondered if I could do this before a AALS treatment or if I should just do it on a day off because of irritation? I've only had my AALS for 2 weeks and still trying to work my way through this thread to figure out how to get the best results from it. I'm using it 5 days a weeks so it doesn't leave me much time off to do masks in the evening when the kids go down. Thanks!

Really depends on your own skin.. The pineapple and carrot mask is pretty strong stuff, and loaded with enzymes that will really break up the dead surface skin.. Feel your way with it.. start out leaving it on just a few minutes, then add more minutes as you progress. My personal opinion is that regular exfoliation of dead surface cells, will allow the LED to work best. I want to do everything I can, to insure the light isn't in any way occluded. So far, so good, so I'll stick with what I've always said here.

The LED has calming and soothing properties, but the *heat* generated could be bothersome to sensitive skin folks, especially if your not used to regular exfoliation.

I regularly exfoliate with masks within a day of LED use. Sometimes just prior. But I've been exfoliating for decades, so my skin is used to it..

The bottom line is this.. Your skin will tell you loud and clear what it likes or hates.. Just listen to "it", without argument, and you won't go wrong.. Very Happy

I'm thinking folks are having a fun Sunday, filled with all manner of *girly* things.. Lots of DIY PM's today too.. Now y'all have given me the bug..

Time to pour a Merlot, put a quick bar-b-que together, and then boot Mr Kassy to the other end of the house, so I can have a little spa night..

Later Kiddies

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sabbie

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

Really depends on your own skin.. The pineapple and carrot mask is pretty strong stuff, and loaded with enzymes that will really break up the dead surface skin.. Feel your way with it.. start out leaving it on just a few minutes, then add more minutes as you progress. My personal opinion is that regular exfoliation of dead surface cells, will allow the LED to work best. I want to do everything I can, to insure the light isn't in any way occluded. So far, so good, so I'll stick with what I've always said here.

I did the P&C mask about 2 hours before the AALS and only for 5 minutes just to make sure no reaction. Put my green tea treatment on as usual right before treatment and did the AALS with no irritation at all. My skin looks and feels awesome today! I exfoliate daily but this really did help more then my usual gentle exfoliation, will bump up the time a little next week. Thanks Kassy!
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
OOhhh, I so wanna try the pineapple and carrot mask! Sounds awesome! Sadly, I miscarried my baby but I'm older now and not trying again, instead being grateful for the boys I got. Now I'm going to dust off my AALS and get back in action! It's amazing the difference in stopping it for 2 months, how my skin has somewhat reverted back to the way it was.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
OOhhh, I so wanna try the pineapple and carrot mask! Sounds awesome! Sadly, I miscarried my baby but I'm older now and not trying again, instead being grateful for the boys I got. Now I'm going to dust off my AALS and get back in action! It's amazing the difference in stopping it for 2 months, how my skin has somewhat reverted back to the way it was.

Sorry for the disappointment Whitewolf.....been there too Doubt but moved on...many new challenges ahead Very Happy Treat yourself to a massage and the mask and let the Lightstim roll!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Sorry for the disappointment Whitewolf.....been there too Doubt but moved on...many new challenges ahead Very Happy Treat yourself to a massage and the mask and let the Lightstim roll!

So true Toby! April's my birthday month too...which means...well, let me start my "wish list", hehe.

P.S. I love you ladies here and this forum. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it was about time I gave an update on my progress with Lightstim.

After 4 and a half months this is what I have noticed:
1) Nice even skin tone.
2) Very soft,moist skin. I have to use an ample am't of pre-treatment serum & a really moisturizing cream afterwards or my skin can get dehydrated looking.
3) Almost invisible pores except on my nose.
4) Firmer,tighter skin. Up until lately my skin only felt firmer but now at this point I am actually seeing more firmness (along jawline, upper neck & jowls) Maybe not dramatic but definitely noticable to me.

I can honestly say my face seems to be regaining my younger more youthful shape which gives a more lifted appearance. Needless to say I am very pleased as the beginnings of sag has bothered me more than the few lines I have.

What I am not noticing yet:
1) Any reduction of crowsfeet, forehead or lip lines.
2) Any lightening of a couple of hyperpigmented spots.

If anything happened to my Lightstim I would immediately purchase another one! It is that worth it to me and IMO for the benefits I am seeing now the Lightstim is very reasonably priced.

For those of you who started about the same time as me I'd love to hear your updates. Hope you're also having good results! Smile
havana8

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
What a nice post, brierrose. Smile May I ask how often you are using the LS and also what pre-treatment serum you are using? TIA!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Havana ~ pre-treatment I've been using a mixture of NCN's green tea serum, 20% Matrixyl 3000 & SKB....about equal am'ts with a couple of drops of distilled water. I've been alternating with Lightstim's Collagen Peptide serum.
I like the Collagen serum but when I use it up I'll stick with a DIY type serum to save money.
After treatment I use NCN's Bio-Active Night Repair cream which is rich & nourishing.

I use Lightstim 3X a week now. For the first 6 wks. I used it 5X a wk.
havana8

Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, brierrose. Very helpful! Smile
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - Am hoping this is a silly question
but does continued use of the AALS impair a
person's memory or cognitive skills?? After using for several years thought it might be good to ask the question! thx DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I don’t think there is anything to worry about.
The light (of these devices) doesn’t travel through bone, so it won’t affect the brain. Hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thx Jimm - must be old age then - makes me feel better as I'd hate to think something that works so well for the skin doesn't work so well for the brain! thx again DiPhx

5% products discount

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have read the 100 pages and finally bought one for myself! I plodded on through the pages in case there was anything that would put me off but no, I am still convinced and excited at buying my first gadget! I bought at skinstore and it came to $294 including shipping to Ireland using the code "fab 20" if anyone is interested. €209 at todays rate. I am going to plow through the diy serum threads now but I might take a day off first, I am worn out Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |