Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy - your routine was probably in the middle section that I haven't tackled yet (got thru the first third and last third, tho).

Do you find it hard to keep up w/?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Thanks Kassy - your routine was probably in the middle section that I haven't tackled yet (got thru the first third and last third, tho).

Do you find it hard to keep up w/?

I guess just like with anything else, sometimes life just gets in the way, and I just don't have the time to devote.. An example is for 7 weeks throughout the holidays, I only used the LED twice... Now, I'm back on track and trying for 3 times per week.. The good thing, is that the little regression I experienced, has rectified itself once again, and things are definitely looking up..

I'm back on track and enjoying the AALS and Tua Viso... I can't wait for the STOP to get here, and my plan is to alternate a tool each night.. I'll have to see what feels right.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
miss aqua m

Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
To those who have bought AALS that live in Aust - did you need to get a converter, and what was the time frame in which it was delivered.

Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
does anyone who bought the AALS with (mild) rosacea (and didn't bought a LED device specifically for rosacea), seen improvement for that issue ?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
- Sixth month (1 month with AALS) intensified all of the improvements noted above, and also erased all the broken caps on my cheeks and chin. Things began to firm up nicely.

I am very interested in this Kassy. Do you think it was the addition of the AALS that erased your broken caps? And, since having used the AALS, have you had any more broken caps pop up?
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
KANDY - I have mild rosacea and have been using the AALS almost daily since May and have seen no improvement in my rosacea.
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
KANDY - I have mild rosacea and have been using the AALS almost daily since May and have seen no improvement in my rosacea.

aww stovetop, did you buy the AALS (also) to treat your rosacea or were you just hoping it would help besides the anti-aging effect it gives?

I would be interested to hear if Kassy believes the AALS helped to erase her broken caps or not..
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
In a nutshell this is my take on it;

- The original lightstim did nothing for my broken caps, but the AALS got rid of them.. Then came the Vaculifter, and they were back worse than ever.. I again got rid of them on 2 more occassions, when I tried the Vaculifter again, and now they have faded for the 3rd time.. If I look in a magnifying mirror, I can see a handful of very faint caps.. A far cry from the awful caps I had when I started..But it doesn't happen over night, and I would have no way of knowing if that would be the same result for all..

- If you are diagnosed with Rosacea, especially the heat sensitive variety, than the "only" LED made for that situation is the Rosacea LightStim... It is made to work efficiently for Rosacea, with the least amount of heat possible. It is also suggested by LightStim that "Rejuve RX" be used in combination with the LED.

My suggestion is to use an LED that suits your particular needs, and use it in combination with a complete skincare regime that compliments your particular issues..

It's not only about the 'light'... That is just one little piece of the puzzle in my opinion..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

- The original lightstim did nothing for my broken caps, but the AALS got rid of them.. Then came the Vaculifter, and they were back worse than ever.. I again got rid of them on 2 more occassions, when I tried the Vaculifter again, and now they have faded for the 3rd time.. If I look in a magnifying mirror, I can see a handful of very faint caps.. A far cry from the awful caps I had when I started..But it doesn't happen over night, and I would have no way of knowing if that would be the same result for all..

Thanks so much for that, Kassy. I actually got an email from Steve (I think that was his name!), and he thought the AALS would be the one for me. He also was encouraging in his email about the broken caps with people having a 75-80% improvement in them. I have a lot of reading ahead of me, as I have really ignored a lot of the posts on the gadgets!

Thanks so much for your encouraging news!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy - I did not buy the AALS for rosacea but rather for wrinkles, reduction of pores and sagging. I agree with Kassy_A - if your concern is rosacea then the Rosacea Lightstim
would be your best choice.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Thanks so much for that, Kassy. I actually got an email from Steve (I think that was his name!), and he thought the AALS would be the one for me. He also was encouraging in his email about the broken caps with people having a 75-80% improvement in them. I have a lot of reading ahead of me, as I have really ignored a lot of the posts on the gadgets!

Thanks so much for your encouraging news!

Anytime Riley!

Have you been reading the "STOP" thread? You may want to have a look there, before making a purchase..

Just make a list of the issues you want to address, and narrow it down by what will give you the most bang for your buck.

LightStim is fantastic, and I recommend it 100% without reservation, but it is an ongoing commitment for the really outstanding results..

Hope that helps!

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Have you been reading the "STOP" thread? You may want to have a look there, before making a purchase..

I sure have been following the STOP thread! I will definitely make a list and look at all the options! Thanks again for your help!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I find keeping up with the Stim treatments not hard at all. Considering I am the type of person that wants to see results quickly and will usually give up on something if I don't...that is saying quite a bit. From the first moment I used it, it was that damn softness and temporary plumpness that has kept me coming back night after night. I have been going at it over a month now and still continue to love it and how it has made my skin feel and the compliments on my skin by my coworker has helped too!! ha ha.... Also, Kassy's encouraging news of collagen building in the later months keeps me going as well. Can't wait til that part kicks in!!!!!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Bren, you have exactly what it takes to see the best results;

COMMITMENT!!

It's very true what you said about the immediately nicer skin. That is what motivated me to make the commitment, and the results just kept on coming..

I know many in the know say the LED isn't for firming/tightening skin, but my pictures tell a different story, don't they? And all those firming/tightening/sun damage changes, are the result of the LED only.

And NO, I never had fillers, botox, surgery or anything more invasive than a cavity filled .. Very Happy I'm ashamed to admit, I've never even had a salon facial in my life ... Embarassed (I really need to get out more! Rolling Eyes )

queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy & Bren,
I'm less than 2 weeks into using my Lightstim and am very pleased.
And like you say Bren, the more I like what I see, the more motivated I am to continue.
My skin is softer and healthier looking. I do see changes I'm not suppose to be seeing yet...very small changes but still things look firmer. I did just start some pretty heavy duty yoga classes (Bikram,,the one in the very heated room) so many that factors in too.
Thanks for both of your help through your posts. Lots of info. And Kassy, your instructions are invaluable. Lightstim provides so little info & really no cautions either-for the eye area or the thyroid as you suggested.
This gadget is a perfect complement to facial exercise too.
Like you Bren, I can't wait to see what will happen after 4 or 5 months.
Kim Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am so happy that so many of you are experiencing the same pattern of nice results as I had. And I'm very happy to help you along, and share all the things that worked for me.

Don't forget those pictures once a month or so... That will be invaluable to you a year from now. Please trust me on that.

Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kandy - I did not buy the AALS for rosacea but rather for wrinkles, reduction of pores and sagging. I agree with Kassy_A - if your concern is rosacea then the Rosacea Lightstim
would be your best choice.

ok, thanks for your reply, stovetop!
I might ask Steve frst what he'd think is best for my case. I'm just not so sure about the longterm effects of the blue lights..
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love my AALS!!!

I got it in July. Used it faithfully for a few months. Loved the effects, just between teaching, busdriving and cheer coach I ran out of time. Started it back faithfully again 3 weeks ago and it quit last night. Shock

I called customer service today. They are remarkable. They are sending me a new power cord first because they think that is what it is and said it was rare. I just thought I'd keep you posted on their customer service and wondered if anyone had this happen to theirs.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
queenpedauque....way to go!!! Keep it up and hopefully months down the road the old collagen will kick'er in to high gear! Glad you are loving it too.....

And as always, thanks Kassy for the inspiration. You are my (and other's) driving force behind this little gizmo and one of the reasons I continue to plug away at it. From the get go you preached that it takes time and perseverance... which I always knew I was ready to tackle!! Way to go Stimmers!! ha ha....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Brenda, I just can't wait to see what you have to say 6 months from now...

kj; don't worry, if it's a problem with the light, I just know they will sort it out for you.

In my experience LightStim's first priority is that people are 100% happy with the product.. They will do all in their power, to fix your problem, or give you your money back. The custmer service is top notch.

pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
I love my AALS!!!

I got it in July. Used it faithfully for a few months. Loved the effects, just between teaching, busdriving and cheer coach I ran out of time. Started it back faithfully again 3 weeks ago and it quit last night. Shock

I called customer service today. They are remarkable. They are sending me a new power cord first because they think that is what it is and said it was rare. I just thought I'd keep you posted on their customer service and wondered if anyone had this happen to theirs.

It's not rare, at least to me. I had the original LS for 2 years and I am using the third power cord. I though was becasue I moved too much.
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Kassy and pinkberry. Kassy, I don't
get on here much, even though I follow almost daily, but you are the one to answer me everytime. Thank you so much for your sharing.

I don't move when I'm using AALS. I'm usually
vegging out in front of the t.v.

I'm sure going to miss it for the next few days, and my eyes and marionetts were looking so much better! Drats!

More face exercises and maybe I'll get on tread mill longer for awhile. All the things to do. <sigh> but I miss my AALS---it was working and is so relaxing.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Oh geesh]...I'm on page 10 of reading this whole thread looking for answers to my questions. So let me just spit them out and hope to get answers. I am on my 4th day of using my AALS. My question is about what to put on my skin during use. I have dry skin so my tendency is to want to slather on an oil. Can the face be moist while using the AALS? Also wondering what other products ladies are using. Has anyone used "LETS MAKE COLLAGEN"?? Lastly, are products put on AFTER the treatment prone to have greater absorption? I may do treatments before work, then put on sunscreen which I wouldn't necessarily WANT to get absorbed deeper into my skin Rolling Eyes

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
One more question. Is anyone doing their upper lip lines?? There doesn't seem to be a "position" represented that covers that area on the instruction page. Also, I have a permanent filler in my lips (silicone) and wondered if anyone has had any negative repercussions resulting from silicone and AALS. Thanks in advance!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I always do over my mouth area with the AALS, actually one side and then the other as I go around my jaw. I have not noticed any improvement with the upper lip lines though. As far as using something prior to the Stim...I mix it up. I use Vit C serum sometimes, Hyaluronic acid serum, sometimes nothing and sometimes just my regular face cream. Lately I have been trying out Kandis' L2K line eliminator which is clear and serumy. I think I may stick with the LE for a while and see what happens....but just make sure that when you do apply something before, let it soak in for at least 30 minutes and make sure it's non-occlusive. I used something by Victoria Principal one time and something in it mixed with the Stim irritated my face to no end!
It's the stuff that you apply prior to the Stim that gets pushed a bit deeper in your skin, but not what you apply afterwards.....

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |