Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
it really is.

i have the red/infra and amber ledmans but i keep questioning whether this could yield better results. looking at the 'which led' thread suggests that so long as i'm putting in enough time with the ledmans, it's fine yet i'm certainly still tempted by the aals.

thanks for posting the code.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Bellezza wrote:
Here is the coupon code:

1. Go to The LightStim Store to place your order
2. Enter coupon code: MD51009 when checking out.

LightStim
Toll Free: (800) 298-4010
Local: (714) 602-2412
info@lightstim.com www.lightstim.com

Thank you for the quote. Very happy!
Leniny
5% products discount

Fri May 01, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to EDS so I'm not exactly sure how this works but... After reading many posts I ordered the AALS. I have two questions:
1. I'm recovering from laparoscopic abdominal surgery and am wondering if it's safe to use the unit to heal the scars.
2. If I use it on my face for less than the recommended time, will I still get some benefit?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Leniny wrote:
I'm new to EDS so I'm not exactly sure how this works but... After reading many posts I ordered the AALS. I have two questions:
1. I'm recovering from laparoscopic abdominal surgery and am wondering if it's safe to use the unit to heal the scars.
2. If I use it on my face for less than the recommended time, will I still get some benefit?

Welcome to the forum Leniny!

Are you talking typical Laparoscapy tiny bandaid scarring, as seen with tubal ligation? If yes, than you can safely use the LED 5 to 7 days post-op.. It will reduce the inflammation around the area, but will not totally eradicate a significant scar.. Topical scar treatments and some beneficial oils will also *help*..

For your face use the LED a full 3 minutes on each area around your face (and wherever else you desire to use it.)

The more frequently you use it in the 1st 6 weeks, the better the end result will be.. You can slack off to 3 times per week for 2 minutes per spot once you see significant results..

Let your skin be your guide.. Minimal results use more frequently, great results you can back off a little..

Have a look through this thread, for a ton of advice and experiences..

Good luck with your new toy, and welcome.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Leniny
5% products discount

Fri May 01, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy!
I had an exploratory laparoscopy almost a month ago and just have very small raised, red scars that I'm hoping to reduce. I've been using Bio- Oil on them as well.
Can't wait to start working on my face, though I'm wondering if I'll really put in the necessary time...
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to let you all know I'll soon be joining the club!!!Yay!!!
I put my order in with the Mothers Day discount. Thanks for the thumbs up on that DiPhx and Bellezza. Very Happy
I'll report in with results as they come.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations! You won't regret it I love my AALS.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Leniny wrote:
Thanks Kassy!
I had an exploratory laparoscopy almost a month ago and just have very small raised, red scars that I'm hoping to reduce. I've been using Bio- Oil on them as well.
Can't wait to start working on my face, though I'm wondering if I'll really put in the necessary time...

You can definitely give it a try on the post op scars, but do it on bare skin... You can safely apply Bio-Oil after your LED treatment. (Oil is occlusive, and will not allow the light to penetrate.)

As for the face treatments all I can say is it works if your work it.. And frequently (as in 5 times per week) is best for the first 6 weeks.

Before you start have a good look and feel to your skin, and take pictures... If you do, you will see nice changes quickly, and that will be your motivation to continue on.

If you don't use those tips, you will miss the subtle, cumulative changes, and not have the satisfaction of knowing for sure what your response is.. Worse yet, is that you will think it's not working, when in fact it really is..

Look for the difference in the *feel* of your skin, with your very 1st treatment... Wink

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Just want to let you all know I'll soon be joining the club!!!Yay!!!
I put my order in with the Mothers Day discount. Thanks for the thumbs up on that DiPhx and Bellezza. Very Happy
I'll report in with results as they come.

Congrats Mishey!

Read up on the tips in this thread, and be sure to ask if you need help or have questions.

You will love how it tackles your red decollete issues.. And the softness, oh my!.. Very Happy

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys. Very Happy

I really can't wait to see how my chest comes out.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mishey - YOu will just love the AAlightstim. YOu will have to use it more frequently during the first 3 months but the efforts are so worth it. Out here in the desert sun, it's so easy to get a sun spot
(even with sunblock on) but I have found
after using the AAlightstim a few times, it
really fades. It really helps to even the tone of your skin so am sure you'll you'll be very happy with your purchase! DiPhx

5% products discount

Sun May 03, 2009 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your help, Kassy.

Where can I see your pictures?

Leni
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Well wouldn't you know it.
I bought the AALS on the Thursday and it arrived 4 days later! And 2 of those days were the weekend! Amazing shipping as it's coming from overseas.
I put in an order for a microfiber cloth on the Friday as I know I need to use that before using the LS, from an Australian store, and I'm still waiting for it.
I really want to use my new gadget Crying or Very sad
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I bought the AALS on the Thursday and it arrived 4 days later! And 2 of those days were the weekend! Amazing shipping as it's coming from overseas.
I put in an order for a microfiber cloth on the Friday as I know I need to use that before using the LS, from an Australian store, and I'm still waiting for it.

Do you have anything for a quick peel in the house? Or even canned pumpkin, carrots, pineapple, aspirins (uncoated), milk???

You just need to get the dead cruddy cells off, to get the best result.. Tell me what you have on hand.

At the very least just give yourself a good scrub with hot water and a washcloth, and whip that sucker out... Dancing Dancing Dancing And don't forget the before pictures, and to have a good feel prior..

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Do you have anything for a quick peel in the house? Or even canned pumpkin, carrots, pineapple, aspirins (uncoated), milk???

You just need to get the dead cruddy cells off, to get the best result.. Tell me what you have on hand.

At the very least just give yourself a good scrub with hot water and a washcloth, and whip that sucker out... Dancing Dancing Dancing And don't forget the before pictures, and to have a good feel prior..

Kassy you're a darling. Of course I can go ahead...der!
I have an old bottle of Glycolic acid peel. Do they go out of date? There's no use by date on the bottle. It'd be about 2 years old.
Other than that I've got fresh carrots, canned pineapple and milk...
And I surely will take pics.
Thank you so much. Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Okee Dokee!

Grate 1/2 a carrot (use a bowl to catch any liquid), mash in a little of the pineapple (rinse if it's sweetened) and add a TBS or 2 of milk..

Apply to your face/neck/decollete as best you can, relax 20 or 30 minutes, then rinse well with hottish water and facecloth..

Use your LED on bare skin the 1st few times for sure.

Can't wait to here how you like it, and I hope you have great success.. (Don't forget to feel every inch you plan on treating. I actually felt and saw a subtle difference from day 1.)

MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm a new LED user (used it the last 5 days...told my husband he didn't need to get me anything for Mother's Day as I took care of it Very Happy ) and want to thank everyone for all your guidance.

I'll be 58 in June so I have my work cut out for me...I found this research article (see link below) and was very interested to see the science behind the LED.

I can already see improvements and I did take pictures...talk about a reality check...one needs to prepare themselves for this Sad .

I love what it does for my eye bags and sinuses...I could actually feel the drainage down my throat the first night. It was worth the cost just for my eyes and sinuses.

Kassy, if I understand it correctly, you use the Alpha Hydrox which is 12% glycolic acid before you use your LED...is that correct? It seems like it would drive the acid deeper into your skin.

I have some 8% glycolic acid cream that I used right after the LED one night and it stung like the dickens...I had to rinse most of it off. If I use it without the LED, I hardly feel a thing.

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying the remodel!

Mary

PS. I can't link so look for..

blogs-zdnet-com/emergingtech/?p=1070&tag=nl.e539
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mary, this is the recipe I use before an LED session every other time or so;

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)
1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
1/2 tsp HA (Hyaluronic Acid)
1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract (optional but nice)

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.

For those of you who use and are well conditioned to copper peptides, it would be a good addition to this serum in a very small quantity..(like drops, not spoonfuls.. )

So that's it Kiddie's... Have fun, and may the *light* be with you!

The main thing to note, is that you want it to be a watery type serum, and not have anything occlusive in it..

Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 09, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the mask recipe Kassy.
I'm about to jump in the shower, take some pics and get into it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. Smile
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A: Alpha Hydroxy Souffle is no longer distributed in Canada and I am having difficulty find an alternative. NCN Pro Skin Care's AHA has oil in it. Does EDS stock an alternative or do you know of another product line that would be suitable? Thanks
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A: Alpha Hydroxy Souffle is no longer distributed in Canada and I am having difficulty find an alternative. NCN Pro Skin Care's AHA has oil in it. Does EDS stock an alternative or do you know of another product line that would be suitable? Thanks

I checked EDS for an alternative, and nothing fit the bill, that included AHA.

A while back I posted a great peptide serum sold at EDS(that would be great to use with LED treatments), but for the life of me I can't find the post. (I don't recall it containing AHA, but it was great otherwise.)

If you can order from http://www.drugstore.com they have all the Alpha Hydroxy products.

Another alternative is to buy AHA or Lactic Acid from one of the DIY websites, and just make a simple serum like the one I posted above..

I don't recall if you use CP's on a regular basis, but if so that is now showing good results in conjunction with LED use.

HTH!

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
stovetop wrote:
Kassy_A: Does EDS stock an alternative or do you know of another product line that would be suitable? Thanks

A while back I posted a great peptide serum sold at EDS(that would be great to use with LED treatments), but for the life of me I can't find the post. (I don't recall it containing AHA, but it was great otherwise.)

Okay, I found the old post. These look pretty good (although a bit pricey), but they should be great to use with your LED.

Any non-occlusive nutrient is good.
If you want something ready made, these would work well;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-supermax-p_5700.htm

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-hydra-5-b-comple-p_364.htm (This would be an outstanding base to add actives to!)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/emerginc-multi-vitamin-re-p_1631.htm

Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
So 'occlusive' means it has oil in it? So I have to watch out for anything that has oil in it, so the AALS light can penetrate? What about just plain cleansed skin? With nothing at all on it? Is that good enough? Or is serum a must to be used with AALS?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
prettyarmor wrote:
Good through 5/10...

Brick wall I missed the sale! Lesson learned from a major procrastinator. I'm going to have to wait for the next sale now. Maybe father's day? Confused
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
prettyarmor wrote:
Good through 5/10...

Brick wall I missed the sale! Lesson learned from a major procrastinator. I'm going to have to wait for the next sale now. Maybe father's day? Confused

If you really want to get it, why don't you shoot an email to Steve through customer service.. He might still honor it, since it's only one day late..

EDS members always get 10% discounts anyhoo..Just don't forget to confirm it.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |