Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
If Dr. Marshall is indeed a "he" I'm not sure we would like his answer (what to do with our husbands). Laughing
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well..

Dr. Marshall is indeed very much a "he" with a very youthful looking beautiful and brilliant science oriented wife.

If you go towww.healthline.cc orwww.prlabs.com you can see his pictures and read about him.

He has a PhD in Biochem, taught at Purdue Med. School, and has been practising treating patients with nutrition for the past 30 years (has his own methodology). After being burned by many charlatans he is the only one I trust.

I personally know someone who is alive today thanks to him (10 years ago this person was given 4% chance to survive a year, he got the name from his friend who was given 3 months to live...). He also has a 96% success rate of treating Diabetes II.

HTH
I have indeed the highest respect for the guy and his methodology.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
sigma,
Hello. The doctor sounds impressive, when you mentioned he has his own methodology, would you call his approach alternative? I love doc's who think outside the box!

TIA
DM
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, he is an alternative practitioner.

His methodology is based partially on TCM (energy, meridians, and certain points corresponding to certain organs; and the points are not necessarily the same as would be used for acupuncture); the method of testing each point was developed by Dr. Omura (MD and MS in Electrical Engineering, who also patented the method).

The idea is that the person is being tested and the correct supplements for that person and at the given moment are selected (i.e. I had a period when Green Tea was bad for me for 2 months, otherwise it is fantastic).

The supplements serve as a temporary bandage to compensate for the current energy deficiencies, while a person works on the removal of the true culprits (infection sites, traumas, scars, etc. anything that ruined the energy pathways; that is mostly done via specific mud applications and some other techniques).

This is of course a very primitive and short description.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I received my AALS today & couldn’t wait to see if it’d live up to Lightstim’s claims.

My protocol was as follows:

- drink 2 glasses of water (recommended by Kassy)
- cleanse and exfoliate with microfiber cloth (recommended by Kassy)
- wait 15 minutes till my face is dry
- soak non woven pads with green tea and put them on my face for 20 minutes
- wait 20 minutes till the face is dry completely
- apply the light to treated area for 3 minutes; once it is done, then move the light to another area (overlapping the previous treated section, recommended by Kassy)
- finish
- drink 2 glasses of water

After the treatment, I looked to the mirror & WITNESSED that my skin was firm & toned; also, it was very soft, dewy & hydrated (much more moisturized than my Sothy’s hydrating mask).

I did not expect that the LED could make my skin so firm; nevertheless, the firmness was diminishing over time.

During the treatment, the lights were warm but it was comfortable & I believed it was the reason that it made my face rosy by increasing the blood circulation and it was a good thing!

One thing I didn’t see was that my pores were minimized.

I am going to use this device 6 days a week for the first 6 weeks to see it can plump up my cheek (as Kassy said that the effect was cumulative).

AALS is my second skin care gadget. The first one was a galvanic machine + ultrasound (5 million mhz). I returned to the seller after 4 weeks of daily use. During those 4 weeks, hardly did I see that my skin was firm / hydrated. Indeed, I bought the recommended cleansing lotion and serum & both were ionized & charged with positive / negative current.

After the first treatment, I was not amazed at all; it did not have a WOW effect as what AALS gave me.

P.S.
AALS is light & ergonomic but I don’t like the “odor” of the device (not sure if the odor comes from the plastic casing itself or the transparent bag).
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Summer don't forget your before pics... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Summer don't forget your before pics... Smile

Yes.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
I received my AALS today & couldn’t wait to see if it’d live up to Lightstim’s claims.

- apply the light to treated area for 3 minutes; once it is done, then move the light to another area (overlapping the previous treated section, recommended by Kassy)
- finish

After the treatment, I looked to the mirror & WITNESSED that my skin was firm & toned; also, it was very soft, dewy & hydrated (much more moisturized than my Sothy’s hydrating mask).

I did not expect that the LED could make my skin so firm; nevertheless, the firmness was diminishing over time.

During the treatment, the lights were warm but it was comfortable & I believed it was the reason that it made my face rosy by increasing the blood circulation and it was a good thing!

I am going to use this device 6 days a week for the first 6 weeks to see it can plump up my cheek (as Kassy said that the effect was cumulative).

AALS is my second skin care gadget. The first one was a galvanic machine + ultrasound (5 million mhz). I returned to the seller after 4 weeks of daily use. During those 4 weeks, hardly did I see that my skin was firm / hydrated. Indeed, I bought the recommended cleansing lotion and serum & both were ionized & charged with positive / negative current.

After the first treatment, I was not amazed at all; it did not have a WOW effect as what AALS gave me.

P.S.
AALS is light & ergonomic but I don’t like the “odor” of the device (not sure if the odor comes from the plastic casing itself or the transparent bag).

Can you use just normal green tea as a soak for the pads or do you need to use green tea extract?

Would prefer to use green tea if possible.

I bet Kassy will know - Kassy where are you darling? Smile

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
summer2004 wrote:

- finish

P.S.

Can you use just normal green tea as a soak for the pads or do you need to use green tea extract?

Would prefer to use green tea if possible.

I bet Kassy will know - Kassy where are you darling? Smile

PQ.

Well I tried this regime - WOW indeed - what a difference - my skin looks great - firm, hydrated and glowing.

This protocol REALLY works well.

I used normal green tea with boiling water and used enough tea for a small pot and then put the pot in the fridge and then soaked the pads in tea and put them on my face for 20 mins.

Then used my AALS

Thank you for this truly great procedure.

PQ xxxx Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi photoqueen. If you are interested in the study about green tea and LEDs, you can read the thread here

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35494&highlight=green+tea+led

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi summer2004. I looked at your protocol prior to using your AALS. If you look at the link I provided to PQ, you will see that the original researcher did NOT include any wait time to dry the skin (prior to or after the green tea "soak" ... for lack of a better term). You may wish to review and/or revise your protocol. It may save you some time. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
.....the original researcher did NOT include any wait time to dry the skin (prior to or after the green tea "soak" ......

Hi Lacy,

I did consider it too; so there is no 20- minute wait time in my 2nd treatment.

Thx!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
.....Can you use just normal green tea as a soak for the pads or do you need to use green tea extract?......PQ.

I just use tea bag.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:41 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:
.....the original researcher did NOT include any wait time to dry the skin (prior to or after the green tea "soak" ......

Hi Lacy,

I did consider it too; so there is no 20- minute wait time in my 2nd treatment.

Thx!

Please summer, let your own common sense tell you not to use an electric appliance on *wet* skin. Also, what good is the green tea (or anything else used for a treatment) going to do you, unless it has penetrated the stratum corneum (at least!) I'd also suggest you might want to take the advice of the folks who actually use an LED, and practice what they preach with good results.

Quite frankly I've totally lost my desire to post, read + share on EDS and prefer instead to keep my new bright ideas + opinions private and among a few *genuine* EDS friends. I am only posting now because 1.) I wouldn't want to see you shock yourself, or short out your LED using it on wet skin and 2.) I couldn't resist the temptation to point out that 'Lacy53', in her zealousness to contradict, and find fault with me every chance she gets, has contradicted herself in the process...

From the Green Tea thread;

Lacy53 wrote:
Please note the following protocol regarding the application of green tea prior to LED exposure:

After 2 months of extreme oxidative stress, green tea-filled cotton pads were placed once per day for 20 minutes onto the skin before treatment with an array of light-emitting diodes ..."

**FOR** 20 minutes, not 20 minutes before. HTH

Lacy53 wrote:

Andrei P. Sommer and Dan Zhu
Crystal Growth & Design, Articles ASAP (As Soon As Publishable)
Publication Date (Web): August 12, 2009 (Communication)
DOI: 10.1021/cg900688g

To compensate for a possibly extensive ROS generation by the intense LED light and subsequent inhibition of cellular processes, we included into our facial rejuvenation program a powerful ROS scavenger: epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) extracted from green tea. ... Here we modified the routine and introduced topical application of green tea (3 g of dry leaf mass per 250 mL of water, brewing temperature 100 °C, cooling time 30 min), applied onto the skin around the corner of the eyes 20 min before irradiating the wrinkled zones according to the protocol. ... Figure 3. Representative photographs show wrinkles subsequent to 2 months of extreme oxidative stress (left) and after 3 months of daily LED treatment (right): initially 2 months of LED only, followed by 1 month of green tea assisted LED. ...

It would appear that the topical solution applied in this case is nothing more than brewed green tea. Also note that there was a 20 minute "wait time" prior to LED exposure.

I'm sure the writer of the study presumed the reader would have enough common sense to allow drying/penetration of the topical.. Let common sense prevail, and don't get so hung up on *studies*

Everybody is always looking for the almighty studies, but only the minority have the ability to interpret + put the good ones into practice... (This is MHO based on the questions/comments that ensue, following a *study* throughout many threads and topics over the past 2 years here at EDS.)

Have fun kiddies, and try to be a little nicer (next time), to the *few* people who are *honestly* trying to share good advice, help you figure out good regimes based on what works, and finally help you actually see and enjoy those positive changes in the mirror... I know how many faces I have helped to change for the better here, because a great deal of you have told me so over and over again, and in so many ways. And thanks again to so many of you for the before + after pictures you shared privately with me, and for all the laughs we had on this *mostly* fun filled skincare journey... As always, I am still a PM or email away for my *friends*.. Very Happy It's just the dishonesty, envy, phoniness, combative attitude on the forum + behind the scenes B.S. that I'm sick of... (Oh, and be careful of those PM's and the venom that doesn't always remain *private*. Be sure you know who you are trusting around here. Such a shame for grown woman to act like 7th graders.. Rolling Eyes ) Anyhoo, it will be without me (publicly) for now which should make *3* of you very happy camper's.. Laughing

Peace to all ... ♥

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm,
According to the above logic better not blow dry wet hair everyone!

JMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Hmmm,
According to the above logic better not blow dry wet hair everyone!

JMHO
DM

This is an exact example of snipping that Kassy is referring to in her above post - it is getting old....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Alley,
I am sorry you took it as sniping, not in the least my intention! I just don't see the difference, if people are cautious and use common sense, we use appliances everyday in conjunction with water.

Sorry only some seem entitled to express what they feel are valid points. But I am not sniping at anyone. I am a bit too old to play silly games.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I would just like to point out to EVERYONE that if we were a group of women, out to lunch, sitting around a table (probably have a few little drinkies) discussing skincare face to face, none of this aggro would be taking place. Everyone would be expressing their opinions and discussing anything and everything. If someone said they saw a study on something and someone else had read another contradictory study it would simply be discussed with great gusto - no-one would start accusing each other or be taking offence at differing opinions.

For some reason, because we are communicating by the written word there's a "sensitivity" factor that comes into play. Dark Moon's post is a perfect example. Alley, if Dark Moon had expressed her opinion (a valid one IMO) over the dinner table, no-one would have taken it as a snipe.

As for the electrical devices and water - I own both a Baby Q and AALS, nowhere in the instructions for either have I seen the necessity to wait 20 mins after applying a serum before doing a treatment. I was under the impression that the LED aided product penetration. Obviously, I'm not slapping the AALS on a soaking wet face, but neither am I waiting 20 mins. Also, we use other electrical devices, such as the Nuface or ultrasound with water.

Kassy, I don't want to see you go off in a huff - but I honestly think that you've become very over-sensitive lately and are taking everything so personally. Surely, it's the difference in opinions and ideas that makes the discussion fun - we can all draw our own conclusions from the advice given.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just one more thought: Just lately we have had some new members that are obviously of the scientific/research/enquiring mind persuasion. Now, I'm of the artistic persuasion so all of this isn't really my cup of tea. However, both my father and sister are analytical research scientists - so I grew up with "knit-pickers", which sometimes drove me crazy. But as my mother always used to say - if they weren't like that, they'd never be able to do their job properly. And, of course, that's quite true - we are all different and take a different approach to things.

But I definitely enjoy hearing from others who have a far more enquiring mind than mine. Even if sometimes I feel they "over-think" the issues.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

I do value your advice & lowdown of using LED; and other skin care tips too!

Without your tips, neither would I drink water before & after the LED treatment, nor do exfoliation prior to the treatment.

I do believe these 2 things are the key factors contributing to an effective LED treatment.

For the 20-minute wait time, it is just an approximate period of time that I think my skin is completely dry. These days, the relative humidity has dropped to 50% & quite warm too (I live in Asia), so after cleansing, I can see my skin is dry in 15 minutes as it is very tight and taut.

For the 2nd treatment, I waited for 15-18 mins before putting the light on my face.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I also value Kassy's input immensely.

All the wonderful and thoughtful recipes and advice is greatly appreciated. Kassy also has the results to prove her point, unlike many of us struggling to achieve anything close to her results (at least I am). Also, keep in mind that she is a nurse-practitioner and licensed and qualified to see patients, unlike many of us.

I also wanted to caution about "pseudo-scientific" approach. No respectable physician will go to pubmed or webmd or anything else for a scientific study; they might for a quick lookup of drug interactions or anything simple like that. They have their own publications and websites(highly specific, not readable or frequently barely understandable even for physicians specializing in different disciplines). At that level there are pier reviews and all the parameters of the studies examined and true value if any is derived. People usually even know most of the researchers or medical facilities and have a truly educated judgement.

Anyone who ever studied statistics would understand how easy it can be manipulated if needed. For example, with a slightly incorrect assumptions, one can make a study and derive that eating cucumbers leads to death, etc...

While it provides for an interesting reading if one has the time, the importance of many of these studies should not be overemphasized.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Well said Sigma. I totally agree.

I will miss Kassy terribly if she leaves this board for the reasons stated.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:13 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

Dr. Marshall is indeed very much a "he" with a very youthful looking beautiful and brilliant science oriented wife.

If you go towww.healthline.cc orwww.prlabs.com you can see his pictures and read about him.

He has a PhD in Biochem, taught at Purdue Med. School, and has been practising treating patients with nutrition for the past 30 years (has his own methodology). After being burned by many charlatans he is the only one I trust.

I personally know someone who is alive today thanks to him (10 years ago this person was given 4% chance to survive a year, he got the name from his friend who was given 3 months to live...). He also has a 96% success rate of treating Diabetes II.

HTH
I have indeed the highest respect for the guy and his methodology.

Sigma,
Very interesting. Did you see him?
Can you please tell me what was the disease of the person you mentioned?
Thank you.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Doba,

I had and am seeing him.
I am also trying to learn his technique as well (he trains medical professionals, which I am not, but helping in MDs office was allowed to partake).

The person in question (he is my remote relative) had stomach cancer, that was missed by his TCM practitioner. He came back from vacation and nearly collapsed, got to the hospital, was quickly diagnosed, had a surgery, refused chemo and went to see Dr.Marshall. He got the name from a friend, who had a bad form of leukemia (he was given 3 months to live, and instead lived a full productive live for over 15 years).

There are practitioner of his method all over the world (in one of the classes I have met an MD from Ireland, and know several in NYC vicinity).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyhoo, it will be without me (publicly) for now which should make *3* of you very happy camper's..

Kassy - Confused NO! Don't go. Your posts are wonderful to read and even though I don't post much (I only avg .44/day - LOL), I do come by often to learn, and yours are some of the ones I will search out. I can learn from the back and forth that's been going on here as well, but I can understand your sensitivites. Please don't go.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |