Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Babor HSR Lifting Extra Firming Cream (50 ml / 1.69 oz) Yonka Hydrating, Nourishing Self-Tanning Milk Face & Body (150 ml / 5.18 oz) Glo Skin Beauty Loose Base (14 g / 0.5 oz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lightstim have a Christmas offer:

In appreciation of your patronage, we would like to offer you a Holiday Coupon Code. When ordering online or by phone, mention coupon code Holly120910 and receive 10% off any one LightStim.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 813
Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
......
It is worth while being part of the EDS forums when our lovely Kassy shares her wisdom with us ......Philip


X2...always love to see Kassy's input.
Summer_time
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Summer_time wrote:
faeriedust wrote:
I'll like to check with all of you. At the base of the lightstim, there are 2 metallic sticks among the leds. Are they supposed to be bent?


On mine, there are two metal pieces that look like electrical contacts. They are flat to the surface and don't look like they are supposed to be sticking up.


I have no clue about what is "sticking up" in your LED... Confused


My AALS is fine...I was just trying to guess what faeriedust was describing (and I guess I'm not doing a very good job of it)

Thanks to Kassy and everyone for all the information...I'm finally up to page 35 reading through this thread Laughing

_________________
56 with dry skin. AALS, vit C serum, RetA and Flex Effect fan...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
It's been quite few and far between when I find something that is actually worth a rave... LightStim products are worth a rave, and the "bone massage" that critic has brought to us is also worth raving about;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35925

I've done it only 3 times this week, and the lifting I've experienced in my mid-face + jawline is uncanny. (Now keep in mind that I'm weeks from the big 60, so have much more to *lift* than you younguns... Laughing ) I would go so far as to say, that this particular massage, if done even a few times per week, would keep things toned + lifted for the long haul.

Just wanted to share it here, but would suggest any further discussion/questions about it be shared at the above link. Critic has wonderful info there, and you will also find good video links on the last few pages.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 287
Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy, thanks a lot for that information. I've had a quick look at a few videos on the thread you mentioned. There are a few exercises. Which one do you do? Do you do them all and how long does it take. I've just copied a few from one of the videos but I'm not sure if you need to do them in a certain order and does it matter if you only do some of them?

Any advice will be appreciated. Very Happy
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2004
Posts: 1029
Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I dying to use my AALS but just wanted to confirm a few things before begining.

1. Im sure I have read that its best to use the AALS x 5 days weekly for the first 3 months, then 2 x week for maintenance there after.

2. I persume that this is to be used on clean, dry skin before any product use with the exception of greentea/serums that work in conjunction with the AALS.

3. Is it correct that we need to hold in one area for 3 minutes before moving on to next area for best results? Also does the AALS beep 30s/1min to let you know of the time?

Thanks I cant wait to dive into using this Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:48 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Kassy, thanks a lot for that information. I've had a quick look at a few videos on the thread you mentioned. There are a few exercises. Which one do you do? Do you do them all and how long does it take. I've just copied a few from one of the videos but I'm not sure if you need to do them in a certain order and does it matter if you only do some of them?

Any advice will be appreciated. Very Happy



I believe the majority of us are using this video for the massage;

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/

You can follow along in real time, and just pause the video if you need to for any reason, then resume.. It's the best I've seen so far.

I just do it right along with the video and pause for the places I want to do more than 3 reps for (which are the eyes + NL's for me)...

It's fun and quite effective.. Cleanse 1st, apply some oil, and have at it.. Very Happy

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:11 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I dying to use my AALS but just wanted to confirm a few things before begining.

1. Im sure I have read that its best to use the AALS x 5 days weekly for the first 3 months, then 2 x week for maintenance there after.

2. I persume that this is to be used on clean, dry skin before any product use with the exception of greentea/serums that work in conjunction with the AALS.

3. Is it correct that we need to hold in one area for 3 minutes before moving on to next area for best results? Also does the AALS beep 30s/1min to let you know of the time?

Thanks I cant wait to dive into using this Smile


#1. Of course go by what feels effective for you, but 5 times a week for the first 2 to 3 months is a great beginning.. (I believe being aggressive in the first couple of months makes a difference.)

#2. Treating on bare clean skin is fine, and using water based serums may be more beneficial.. Just try to keep it simple with nothing occlusive or contradictory. Green tea made with hot distilled water is good and simple.. Copper peptides mixed with water are also good... Just don't try to mix more than one active, unless you know exactly what your doing.. Some things can cause more harm than good when used together. What's most important, even more so that a topical treatment, is that you remove the dead cells prior to treatment.. Either physically with an Alpha Hydroxy and/or Lactic Acid product, or manually with a microfiber cloth.

#3 Yep, 3 full minutes for each and every spot, and try not to lose the contact with the skin. Mine doesn't have a timer, and I just use my kitchen timer which I sit next to me... The cable box clock also works in a pinch.. I do mine while watching TV. It takes me 90 minutes to do a full 3 minutes to entire face, neck, decolette + hands.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 499
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of the hordes who pm Kassy in private as I felt I had nothing to contribute to this thread other than lots of questions LoL. However, now that i've read quite a few pages of this thread and say Kassy's request that we post here instead of PM her in private, so here i am =)

After 6 months of reading AALS thread on and off, I've caved in and bought the AALS. Crossing my fingers that it will arrive within the next 24 hours.

My skin condition is stated on my signature. 6 months ago, I decided to go the 302 route and stopped differin, retin-a and vitamin C. However, I never used 302 products. My skin went through withdrawal systoms, got better and suddely turned worse =( It is now even more dehydrated and I have lots of small white heads. When i run my finger down my cheek, i get lots of them. The derm says I have eczema and i'm back to the old problem of either targetting my acne and living with eczema skin OR targeting the eezcema which means the acne will pop.

I hope AALS can help me.

_________________
normal to combination skin that is sensitive. cheeks have large, visible pores and flush very easily. most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside"!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 499
Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Well reading this thread, i have so much to comment and say! lol, i hope people don't get angry with me for posting too much.

From the few pictures I can see (not Kassy's unfortunately), everyone here has excellent skin in my opinion. If you gals can see results from AALS, i'm even more hyped up now for myself!!

_________________
normal to combination skin that is sensitive. cheeks have large, visible pores and flush very easily. most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside"!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
The derm says I have eczema and i'm back to the old problem of either targetting my acne and living with eczema skin OR targeting the eezcema which means the acne will pop.

I hope AALS can help me.


I'm sure the AALS will help the acne and eczema.

But I also want to tell you about a goats milk soap that is getting allot of press in Australia - it's called Billy Goat Soap. Apparently, it's a "wonder cure" for eczema. It was "cooked up" by a mum in her kitchen for her son who suffered from terrible eczema. It's now a multi-million dollar business and the mum receives thousands of testimonials from people whose eczema is now cured - plus she's won a small business award.

Just note that I've never tried the soap myself but if you're desperate it could be worth a try.

https://www.billiegoatsoap.com.au/index.php

Let us know how you get on with the AALS.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 370
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi snowstar - sounds like you purchased the
antiaging lightstim - just remember there is a 90 day return policy so if that version doesn't work, you can contact Steve at lightstim and see if you can exchange it for a different version such as the acne lightstim etc. These devices are wonderful for skin rejuvenation,
lightning age spots and I also use for an occasional breakout. it works for that as well.
Good luck and this device should be able to help you with some of your skin problems!
DiPhx

_________________
getting younger
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 499
Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - thanks. my niece suffers from terrible eczema, the kind where she scratches until she bleeds. we have tried everything. will definitely look up this goat milk soap.

DiPhx - i'm in singapore and we have a 0 day return policy =) that's the main reason why i read this board on and off for 6 months before taking the plunge. it's my xmas present to myself Razz

i was thinking about the acne version but i don't get white pus in my acne (sorry to be graphic) and tend to have numerous small red bumps, didn't think the acne stimlight will help that much.

I'm v excited as i read that we can feel softer skin after the very first use. my skin is now cow's hide right now ^_^

_________________
normal to combination skin that is sensitive. cheeks have large, visible pores and flush very easily. most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside"!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 499
Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
It is amazing how much crud you will flush out with the AALS.. (I can actually feel the lymph flowing down my neck, when I press the LED down the lymphatic channel..) It rocks! And I've tried it with the Original light, but it only works with the AALS... (It's really an amazing LED, and I wouldn't trade it for a bag full of others..)


Kassy, can you please describe the feeling of the lymph flowing? i've been doing lymphatic facial massages at home (learnt from magazines) and it would be great to feel the flow so i know i'm on the right track!

ETA: just got to page 11 and saw that you recommend doing facial massages as well! can u point me to where i can learn more.

_________________
normal to combination skin that is sensitive. cheeks have large, visible pores and flush very easily. most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside"!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
It is amazing how much crud you will flush out with the AALS.. (I can actually feel the lymph flowing down my neck, when I press the LED down the lymphatic channel..) It rocks! And I've tried it with the Original light, but it only works with the AALS... (It's really an amazing LED, and I wouldn't trade it for a bag full of others..)


Kassy, can you please describe the feeling of the lymph flowing? i've been doing lymphatic facial massages at home (learnt from magazines) and it would be great to feel the flow so i know i'm on the right track!

ETA: just got to page 11 and saw that you recommend doing facial massages as well! can u point me to where i can learn more.



The feel of the lymph flowing down your neck is quite like the feeling of a 'post nasal drip', with a strong desire to keep swallowing.. I have been doing manual lymphatic massage very frequently for about a year now, and I love it.. There are many videos on U-Tube (some links posted in this thread also), but the best overall lymph massage to date is the one 'Critic' introduced us to;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/udVpsMWKljc/
(That link looks weird, so just look at my previous post for it if this doesn't work.)

As with most good things in life a little preparation (rather than just digging in) yields the best results (IMHO).. With that in mind, I prepare as follows prior to my massage ritual.

- nice warm bath or shower or if time doesn't permit, than a good warm/hot water cleanse to start things moving and make my skin responsive to treatment... (Increasing the circulation to the skin is probably the best gift you can give it!)

- spritz face with distilled water

- apply my active of choice for the day which I alternate (CP's or Green Tea day 1, 3 or 5... Vitamin C, Hydroxy/Lactic or any other acids the even days.. (For me, one day a week is free from everything!)

- I allow whatever active I've applied absorb for 30 minutes or so, then I apply my oils. (I use about a tsp to cover face, neck and decollete.) I always use a combination of oils, with no specific measurement... (From my 1 quart refrigerated containers, I just decant an ounce or so of each, and put them in a squirt bottle which is kept in my bathroom(s)... My favs; Avocado, Palm, Coconut, Hemp + Jojoba.

- to start the lymph moving (which is why I prefer the shower if I have time), is to massage some of the body points, to be sure the lymph will be moving right along.. For sure you want to clear the underarm lymph passage, which is just a matter of pressing and massaging that lovely fatty bulge, that always manages to stick out of a sleeveless shirt.. Laughing (You know what I'm talking about goils!) 'PQ' on the other hand will find it just to to the front of the underarm crease.. Very Happy (How come guys don't have to deal with the crap we have..argh! Rolling Eyes Anyhoo, massage that bit for a minute, which will help clear the path.

- now proceed with the great 'black hat' lady massage, and you will be amazed at how effective it is! And no uglies, and it's free, need I say more.. Very Happy

You guys need to check out 'critics' thread if you haven't...(At the very least browse the last 5 or 6 pages. Excellent!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35925

ETA: I never mind answering PM's, but I feel you can benefit better by hearing 'many' thoughts and ideas, and not just be stuck with mine.. Laughing We all have much to learn from each other.. Wink

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 1146
Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
'PQ' on the other hand will find it just to to the front of the underarm crease.. Very Happy (How come guys don't have to deal with the crap we have..argh! Rolling Eyes Anyhoo, massage that bit for a minute, which will help clear the path.


Kassy - I found it and didn't even know I had one Smile

PQ.

_________________
I am now blogging at Home Beauty Device Reviews. http://homebeautydevice.co.uk
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2004
Posts: 1029
Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
pal wrote:
I dying to use my AALS but just wanted to confirm a few things before begining.

1. Im sure I have read that its best to use the AALS x 5 days weekly for the first 3 months, then 2 x week for maintenance there after.

2. I persume that this is to be used on clean, dry skin before any product use with the exception of greentea/serums that work in conjunction with the AALS.

3. Is it correct that we need to hold in one area for 3 minutes before moving on to next area for best results? Also does the AALS beep 30s/1min to let you know of the time?

Thanks I cant wait to dive into using this Smile


#1. Of course go by what feels effective for you, but 5 times a week for the first 2 to 3 months is a great beginning.. (I believe being aggressive in the first couple of months makes a difference.)

#2. Treating on bare clean skin is fine, and using water based serums may be more beneficial.. Just try to keep it simple with nothing occlusive or contradictory. Green tea made with hot distilled water is good and simple.. Copper peptides mixed with water are also good... Just don't try to mix more than one active, unless you know exactly what your doing.. Some things can cause more harm than good when used together. What's most important, even more so that a topical treatment, is that you remove the dead cells prior to treatment.. Either physically with an Alpha Hydroxy and/or Lactic Acid product, or manually with a microfiber cloth.

#3 Yep, 3 full minutes for each and every spot, and try not to lose the contact with the skin. Mine doesn't have a timer, and I just use my kitchen timer which I sit next to me... The cable box clock also works in a pinch.. I do mine while watching TV. It takes me 90 minutes to do a full 3 minutes to entire face, neck, decolette + hands.


Kassy thank you so so much for taking the time to answer each of my questions, this is very much appreciated Smile Now I can jump into my treatments with alot more confidence. I will just have to buy myself a kitchen timer when Im in the shops this week but I will use an alternate for now.
Thanks again and cant wait for this afternoon Smile
luverly
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 14
Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I went AWOL there for a while after soaking up some regimen advice from Dr. Kassy... but my good news is that it's been more than a month and my skin continues to improve and I am just knocked out by how wonderful my AALS is treating me!

My initial reaction was that it made my skin paler and luminous, which I actually loved because it's usually a little red in the cheek area. The tone evened out and eventually went back to my normal color, but I'm seeing an overall improvement in texture, and while I just can't replicate the skin of my 10-yr-old (dang it), I haven't fondled my own face this much, ever. I just keep stroking it! LOL--it's so narcissistic! Laughing

Last cool thing to note--holding the device over my sinus area during a migraine seemed to lessen the pain and make the headache dissipate more quickly. My imagination? Maybe. But will definitely try it again. (Only problem there is that bright light is searingly painful during a migraine, and here I am, holding these intense beam of light an inch above my eye...)

Now, after a month, I'm needing to mix it up a bit, I think. I do see a difference if I use a water/powdered green tea extract (from skinactives) solution beforehand. A little softer and plumper, maybe? I also think taking a day between treatments is becoming important now that I've been at it for weeks. I overexfoliated the other day (left some exfolikate on a little too long) so I'm a little flaky and now I'm trying to ease up some redness. D'oh!

What I'm a little disappointed in is that it's taking a long time for any hyperpigmentation to dissipate. Might take a bit longer, I realize, and I do think there's some improvement. I'm wondering if there's an active that might make a good pretreatment for this particular issue. Any ideas?

_________________
fair olive skin, slight rosacea, dark hair, hazel eyes. this year = 40x40 - turn 40, lose 40lbs!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 499
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

i'm so sorry to be slightly off topic but the lady on the video is a very famous japanese skincare expert! i've a magazine that featured her massage method for a younger and slimmer self - it includes face and body massages!

EDS is amazing cos i've been wanting to see a video of this for a LONG time. still pictures with decription isn't as good as a video.

thank you sooo much!!!!

we will now go back to the AALS topic!

_________________
normal to combination skin that is sensitive. cheeks have large, visible pores and flush very easily. most SAs tell me "dehydrated on the outside, oily on the inside"!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2004
Posts: 1029
Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys a another quick question, what area on the neck do you avoid? Is it where the adam apple would be?

Thanks again Smile
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 813
Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
For those who would like to do LED treatment while surfing the net, here is a good timer for you all.

http://download.cnet.com/Cool-Timer/3000-2350_4-10062255.html

One thing I like it most is that you can have the option "auto restart.

For example, you can just set the timer to 3 minutes and then have it re-run over & over again till you stop it.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Posts: 479
Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

does anyone know how the AALS differs from the Baby Quasar? I'm sure I have seen a comparison somewhere on these threads, but I can't seem to find it. I have a BQ, but found my eyes became drier and I was worried about it dissolving fillers quicker,

thanks

Jackie xx
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:40 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Hey guys a another quick question, what area on the neck do you avoid? Is it where the adam apple would be?

Thanks again Smile


The thyroid is just about where the butterfly is, so it's best to avoid that general area; (You can find many charts with a google, but they all have the thyroid looking bigger, and more prominant than it is in reality, and it's always best to visualize on a *real* neck, dontcha think.. Laughing )

Image

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
'PQ' on the other hand will find it just to to the front of the underarm crease.. Very Happy (How come guys don't have to deal with the crap we have..argh! Rolling Eyes Anyhoo, massage that bit for a minute, which will help clear the path.


Kassy - I found it and didn't even know I had one Smile

PQ.


Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:07 am      Reply with quote
luverly wrote:

What I'm a little disappointed in is that it's taking a long time for any hyperpigmentation to dissipate. Might take a bit longer, I realize, and I do think there's some improvement. I'm wondering if there's an active that might make a good pretreatment for this particular issue. Any ideas?


It can take many months for that, but you can quicken that process by adding alpha hydroxy acid to your regime.. (Lactic + Beta Hydroxy, Kukui, CP's, Retin-A and a couple of other things that escape me for the moment, and will help to quicken the result as well.) You have many choices!

In short, the best way I know of getting rid of hyperpigmentation is ongoing exfoliation to get rid of the old, and protection from the UV rays to protect the new. Of course there is always Obagi type stuff, but what I offered is the gentler way.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Sothys Essential Lipid Elixir  (30 ml / 1 floz) Obagi Retinol 0.5 Cream (28 g) Ahava Uplift Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |