Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Sundari Gotu Kola and Indian Asparagus Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Star Light Retinol Night Oil (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Lift & Repair Absolute Smoothing Cream (50 ml / 1.67 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
Laura16
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 9
Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
The reason I said "magnified mirror" was in case my eyes were deceiving me so I needed a closer look. Wink
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 295
Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Are you sure you have a magnified mirror and not a magical one,I have used my AALS over 2 months 6 days weeks and only starting see results after the first month and I didn't miss a night,the only thing I noticed was my skin was softer in the first three days.I have noticed the lines around my lips have improved and on the side of my mouth have gotten better,but nothing in 3 days.
Laura16
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2010
Posts: 9
Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Leggy 61 wrote:
Are you sure you have a magnified mirror and not a magical one,I have used my AALS over 2 months 6 days weeks and only starting see results after the first month and I didn't miss a night,the only thing I noticed was my skin was softer in the first three days.I have noticed the lines around my lips have improved and on the side of my mouth have gotten better,but nothing in 3 days.


It would seem that different people get different results at different times because I didn't notice the softness that yourself and others notice or someone else noticed a change in the colour of her skin (for the better)and so when I didn't notice those changes after "the first time" like they did I just thought it would take a bit longer and I would be patient.

I don't expect to see those deeper lines to improve anytime soon but I am determined to work away at them every day. Razz
Leggy 61
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 May 2009
Posts: 295
Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry,I did sound a bit harsh,I'm just an old gal with alot of wrinkles. Keep up the good fight with your gadget and you will see even better results.
Skitahoe
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 97
Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I have also purchased the Anti-Aging and Acne AALS! I'll keep you posted.

The warm light from the acne is pleasant on these cold winter nights. It pretty much puts me to sleep.

The only thing is starting out it is a bit time consuming. I use both lights on my face at the same time, but spots like the nose and under the eyes, I can only do one light at a time.
mar
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jan 2010
Posts: 2
Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
In my research, The Amber LED is for surface discolorations and does not penetrate as deeply as the Red. Red LED is for collagen and elastin remodeling and goes deeper into the dermis- hence the heating with Red LED devices. The Blue is for acne, and the Green is for healing .
Each serves a purpose- but it stands to reason that if your device has a combo of LEDs (some have a red/amber combo) then you will have a mild result of each light, rather than a concentrated result of one- or you will need a much larger LED surface area, like is used in a salon device.
Jess_Doll
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 49
Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:
I have also purchased the Anti-Aging and Acne AALS! I'll keep you posted.

The warm light from the acne is pleasant on these cold winter nights. It pretty much puts me to sleep.

The only thing is starting out it is a bit time consuming. I use both lights on my face at the same time, but spots like the nose and under the eyes, I can only do one light at a time.


I may be wrong, but I think it is recommended that you use the acne light first for 2 weeks ( i forgot how long) then later use AALS
TokyoRose
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Wow, such a wealth of information here...

I see that the AALS contains a combo of red, infrared and amber LEDs, though I haven't (yet) done any reading to find out why this combination is so effective.

I recently built my own device (red LEDs only, 640 nm) and am now wondering if using it will just be a waste of time! (Unfortunately I didn't find out about this forum until I'd already built the durned thing...) I've been using it cautiously for about a week now, which I know is early days; but I've so far had none of the 'early' results posted by many people (softer skin, etc.), so I'm wondering it it's time to go back to the drawing board...

_________________
50, fair-skinned, rosacea, facial exercises, very light chemical peels at present (so far no results!)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi TokyoRose and welcome - please tell us how you built your own device. I'm sure allot of people will be interested - we're all into DIY!

I think I'm correct in stating that most of the earlier LEDs on the market were red light but then it was found that the amber wavelength was good for anti-aging. But there are still plenty of red LEDs on the market. IMO results don't happen overnight - you have to keep plugging along.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Hi TokyoRose and welcome - please tell us how you built your own device. I'm sure allot of people will be interested - we're all into DIY!



Absolutely please please share your information on building your device -
where did you get the lights?
how did you know how to put it together?

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
TokyoRose
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Hi TokyoRose and welcome - please tell us how you built your own device. I'm sure allot of people will be interested - we're all into DIY!



Absolutely please please share your information on building your device -
where did you get the lights?
how did you know how to put it together?


Happy to! I love the DIY spirit of this forum. Though I should say that my 'prototype' is very, very rudimentary and not very elegant-looking.Very Happy Also, I make it sound like I am more competent than I actually am [hangs head]. In fact, I leaned heavily on my significant other to help me figure out what I needed and how to make it work -- he is a bit of a hobbyist and even has a soldering iron. That said, it's not massively complicated. (Next week I will post a more detailed "how to".)

Here's a quick rundown of the process (since I have to run out the door soon).

From my reading on various rosacea forums, I had learned of people making their own LED displays. (Tried to post the link but as a new member am not allowed?)

I got my LEDs from the Led Shoppe.
500 red, 640-nm, 8000-mcd LEDs cost me about $25.

The SI then took me to an electronics store and helped me pick the right circuit boards to mount the LEDs on. (The circuitry is pre-wired on the back.) He also knew what kind of resistors I needed, and made me buy a 12-V power supply. Total cost for these new parts: about $30.

Once we figured out how many LEDs we could fit on each board (80), I soldered them on (I have previous soldering experience, but it's pretty easy to pick up). Soldering is tedious but not unpleasant. The SI then figured out how to wire the boards to a 12-V power source.

Each board (there are 2 so far) is about the size of my hand. I will post photos as soon as I figure out how!

It's a prototype, so if I find it's working, I'm going to make more boards then mount them all together, so that I can zap my face all at the same time! Laughing

_________________
50, fair-skinned, rosacea, facial exercises, very light chemical peels at present (so far no results!)
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 2647
Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
TokyoRose wrote:
Alley wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Hi TokyoRose and welcome - please tell us how you built your own device. I'm sure allot of people will be interested - we're all into DIY!



Absolutely please please share your information on building your device -
where did you get the lights?
how did you know how to put it together?


Happy to! I love the DIY spirit of this forum. Though I should say that my 'prototype' is very, very rudimentary and not very elegant-looking.Very Happy Also, I make it sound like I am more competent than I actually am [hangs head]. In fact, I leaned heavily on my significant other to help me figure out what I needed and how to make it work -- he is a bit of a hobbyist and even has a soldering iron. That said, it's not massively complicated. (Next week I will post a more detailed "how to".)

Here's a quick rundown of the process (since I have to run out the door soon).

From my reading on various rosacea forums, I had learned of people making their own LED displays. (Tried to post the link but as a new member am not allowed?)

I got my LEDs from the Led Shoppe.
500 red, 640-nm, 8000-mcd LEDs cost me about $25.

The SI then took me to an electronics store and helped me pick the right circuit boards to mount the LEDs on. (The circuitry is pre-wired on the back.) He also knew what kind of resistors I needed, and made me buy a 12-V power supply. Total cost for these new parts: about $30.

Once we figured out how many LEDs we could fit on each board (80), I soldered them on (I have previous soldering experience, but it's pretty easy to pick up). Soldering is tedious but not unpleasant. The SI then figured out how to wire the boards to a 12-V power source.

Each board (there are 2 so far) is about the size of my hand. I will post photos as soon as I figure out how!

It's a prototype, so if I find it's working, I'm going to make more boards then mount them all together, so that I can zap my face all at the same time! Laughing

Any of us can post them for you if you can't get it figured out.

_________________
female,"50 something" medium to thick normal skin, no wrinkles,Lightstim,Easy Eye Solutions,Green Smoothies,Ageless Secret Gold, Pico Toner,Beautiful Image
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
TokyoRose wrote:
Hello all,

Wow, such a wealth of information here...

I see that the AALS contains a combo of red, infrared and amber LEDs, though I haven't (yet) done any reading to find out why this combination is so effective.

I recently built my own device (red LEDs only, 640 nm) and am now wondering if using it will just be a waste of time! (Unfortunately I didn't find out about this forum until I'd already built the durned thing...) I've been using it cautiously for about a week now, which I know is early days; but I've so far had none of the 'early' results posted by many people (softer skin, etc.), so I'm wondering it it's time to go back to the drawing board...


Welcome 'Rose'!

My advice is don't go back to the drawing board, until you've given your DIY LED a good few month test.

I'm certainly not the authority on LED's (other than what I have personally used and can speak from experience about), but maybe this study will help you feel comfortable about your LED. Granted, there is a slight difference in wavelength, and this test was done with a 'pulsing' device, but maybe it will be helpful;

Regulation of Skin Collagen Metabolism In Vitro Using a Pulsed 660 nm LED Light Source: Clinical Correlation with a Single-Blinded StudyLED Regulation of Human Dermal Collagen
Daniel Barolet, Charles J Roberge, Franšois A Auger, Annie Boucher and Lucie Germain

AbstractIt has been reported that skin aging is associated with a downregulation in collagen synthesis and an elevation in matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) expression. This study investigated the potential of light-emitting diode (LED) treatments with a 660 nm sequentially pulsed illumination formula in the photobiomodulation of these molecules. Histological and biochemical changes were first evaluated in a tissue-engineered Human Reconstructed Skin (HRS) model after 11 sham or LED light treatments. LED effects were then assessed in aged/photoaged individuals in a split-face single-blinded study. Results yielded a mean percent difference between LED-treated and non-LED-treated HRS of 31% in levels of type-1 procollagen and of −18% in MMP-1. No histological changes were observed. Furthermore, profilometry quantification revealed that more than 90% of individuals showed a reduction in rhytid depth and surface roughness, and, via a blinded clinical assessment, that 87% experienced a reduction in the Fitzpatrick wrinkling severity score after 12 LED treatments. No adverse events or downtime were reported. Our study showed that LED therapy reversed collagen downregulation and MMP-1 upregulation. This could explain the improvements in skin appearance observed in LED-treated individuals. These findings suggest that LED at 660 nm is a safe and effective collagen-enhancement strategy


As far as how you have engineered your LED + circuit board, I have no advice to offer... What I can tell you, is how to get the most out of your treatments... Wink

Good luck, and I hope you'll share your LED journey and experience with all of us here.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Posts: 615
Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Tokyorose, that is so cool! I can't believe you made your own. Bravo!!!

Please post a picture when you get the chance. I hope you see positive results from your hard work.

_________________
I always lie about my age. I tell everyone I'm 10 years older than I really am. Everyone thinks I look great!
TokyoRose
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, everybody, for your encouragement/advice/info!

But, grr! Now I'm mightily frustrated. Can't seem to figure out how to post images. Have created an album in photobucket (as recommended in EDS forum FAQs) but each time I try to insert an image into a post, I get that same message telling me I can't link to external sites! There's obviously something I'm missing here. Can anyone tell me how to link to images in photobucket?

Thanks!
'Rose

_________________
50, fair-skinned, rosacea, facial exercises, very light chemical peels at present (so far no results!)
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jun 2006
Posts: 6560
Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
You just copy and paste the appropriate "tag" of the photo into the Post a Reply. It's the tag suitable for web forums.

But maybe you're having problems because you're a new member and haven't belonged long enough to allow you to post photos.

_________________
Born 1950. There's a new cream on the market that gets rid of wrinkles - you smear it on the mirror!!
TokyoRose
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
You just copy and paste the appropriate "tag" of the photo into the Post a Reply. It's the tag suitable for web forums.

But maybe you're having problems because you're a new member and haven't belonged long enough to allow you to post photos.


Thanks Keliu.

I copied the "IMG code" from photobucket and pasted it into the message; and while I could see the photo in the Preview, I wasn't able to submit the post. So I guess it IS cuz I'm a new member. Hmm, how long must I be a member before I can post photos?

In any case, I see two alternatives: one is, anyone who is interested can PM me and get the photobucket username and password, to see the album; the other is, as Toby suggested, I can ask one of you nice gals to post the photos for me. Smile

_________________
50, fair-skinned, rosacea, facial exercises, very light chemical peels at present (so far no results!)
TokyoRose
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Posts: 12
Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
One more thing -- just to clarify something in my earlier posts -- "SI" is a typo!! [blushes] It should have been "SO," for "significant other." Hopefully you all figured that out. Laughing

_________________
50, fair-skinned, rosacea, facial exercises, very light chemical peels at present (so far no results!)
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 573
Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy, I'm about to make the Nourishing-Cell Stimulating Lotion that you posted on the Flex Effect Forum. Is it ok if the Aloe Vera Gel has Tetrasodium EDTA in it instead of Disodium EDTA? Also, can I use Sea Kelp Bioferment as the base? Please let me know. I'm excited to get started. Thank you.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Kassy, I'm about to make the Nourishing-Cell Stimulating Lotion that you posted on the Flex Effect Forum. Is it ok if the Aloe Vera Gel has Tetrasodium EDTA in it instead of Disodium EDTA? Also, can I use Sea Kelp Bioferment as the base? Please let me know. I'm excited to get started. Thank you.


I've answered your PM's but for anybody else who was curious;

Disodium EDTA is for more acidic formulas

Tetrasodium EDTA is for more alkaline formulas

The recipe I posted falls more on the acidic side, but is fairly close to neutral. I'd suggest the Disodium EDTA, but *probably* either would work out.

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Dec 2003
Posts: 257
Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Just wanted to let those who are thinking of buying a lightstim,AA, Rosacea or acne types.
They are about $200 USD at hautelook.com

http://www.hautelook.com/event/lightstimmar

Don't know if that link will work.
It's just for about a day.
You just create a membership to view.
hth
Kim
I've see Baby Quasar on here too(the full body unit last week!!!!) and Evis comes from time to time.
Jess_Doll
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Feb 2010
Posts: 49
Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
queenpedauque wrote:
Hi,
Just wanted to let those who are thinking of buying a lightstim,AA, Rosacea or acne types.
They are about $200 USD at hautelook.com

http://www.hautelook.com/event/lightstimmar

Don't know if that link will work.
It's just for about a day.
You just create a membership to view.
hth
Kim
I've see Baby Quasar on here too(the full body unit last week!!!!) and Evis comes from time to time.


They have sold sell Baby Quasar several times now.

Thanks!
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 496
Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all. I decided to order it and jump on the bandwagon.

P.S. Someone got chewed out for posting this link in the lounge. Are the rules different there?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 795
Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
HI! Only 16 minutes left! Do you think the amber lights help make the AA Lightstem so effective? I already have the DPL (panels with red and infrared.
Thanks!!!

_________________
65 Caucasion, history of acne, sagging, some wrinkling, rough texture. Using Dermawand, AALS, Microderm Machine,Copper Peptides
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Sep 2007
Posts: 795
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
My mistake. It's 16 hours, not minutes left.

_________________
65 Caucasion, history of acne, sagging, some wrinkling, rough texture. Using Dermawand, AALS, Microderm Machine,Copper Peptides
System
Automatic Message
Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Cellcosmet CellEctive CellLift Cream Light (50 ml / 50 g) Dremu Oil (30 ml / 1 floz) Glo Skin Beauty Perfecting Powder (9 g / 0.31 oz)



Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed


Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin┬« |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |