Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Pollyanna wrote:
ugh I think the last 3 times in 4 months I asked a question anywhere on this forum I've got in the middle of a debate and never gotten an answer because someone posted something different after me and it got missed.bad timing I guess Laughing
I give up. I will try to figure things out without all you lovely experts..just thought someone could save me from another few hours of research or a mistake in spending Crying or Very sad
I have offered a lot of advice myself the times I've posted here so hopefully it's not that I'm offending anyone with my questions.. ?
Perhaps I should have posted my question in the LED pre-treatment serum thread but there wasn't much activity there..short thread etc..

Pollyana - nobody meant to ignore you - in fact the ongoing debate about pre-treatment serums is most pertinent to the questions you asked. Any good nourishing serum should be fine to use. Just don't use Retin-A prior to using an LED.

Cheers Keliu- I know it wasn't intentional Smile
Thanks for your tip! Kassy has also answered me via PM so I'm good to go now..and fortunately for me I didn't order the wrong stuff/serums in haste! Very Happy

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ •。★Christmas
★Happy Holiday's 。* 。*
° 。 ° ˚* _Π_____*。*˚★ 。* 。*。 • ˚ ˚ •。★
˚ ˛ •˛•/______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛★ 。* 。*★ 。* 。*
˚ ˛ •˛•| 田田|門| ˚ and Happy New Year to all!

Holy Buckets Girl - Beautiful Kassy. Thanks for sharing this and giving us all hope. Off to do my AALS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Beautiful picture. Thank you for sharing. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I am on my 4th week of facial exercising and massaging, I have decided to add lightstim after studying this forum, what should my routine be, I exercise my face 5 days per week and massage after and in the morinings (massage)
when should i use the lightstim? and do I use serum with it if so can I make my own?also are there any suppliers in the uk, and are there any coupon codes going?

thankyou
helen
happy new year Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
My skin doesn't get stressed easily and I use my Lightstim five days a week. For me I can do my facial exercise in the morning, massage a little at night and then finish off with the Lightstim. Since you are new to facial exercise and will be of course new to the Lightstim watch your skin for stress and back off if you need to. I remember Kassy always reminding posters to drink water before and after use of the light. Over the four years that I have had a intense focus on skin rejuvenation I have found the Lightstim to be a very important tool that I will never be without.....I hope you find the same to be true. Congrats on the light purchase.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou toby,
All your posts are very encouraging, I face exercise in the evening then massage, do you think it will be ok to do the lightstim after the massage, or do you think it will be overkill?
helen Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on your skin type,for me it would be great. I tend to build easily so after years of facial exercise I have found that three days a week is just right for me and I can handle five days of Lightstim wonderfully...where I have to watch it is with my face not to over build. You will learn your skin and your muscle as you travel this journey and what might be great for someone else wouldn't be good for you. so watch for signs of stress which for me are a gaunt look, a little sagging look, or skin that isn't plumping up and fresh...these are signs for me that I am stressing the skin.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Anti-aging lightstim is sold at QVC for around $200. Is it cheaper from QVC because it is an older version or something? Thanks and Happy New Year to all!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 am      Reply with quote
The price for the Lightstim is around 244.00 at QVC and it is the new model. It is new to QVC and this could be part of a promotional.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
My skin doesn't get stressed easily and I use my Lightstim five days a week. For me I can do my facial exercise in the morning, massage a little at night and then finish off with the Lightstim. Since you are new to facial exercise and will be of course new to the Lightstim watch your skin for stress and back off if you need to. I remember Kassy always reminding posters to drink water before and after use of the light. Over the four years that I have had a intense focus on skin rejuvenation I have found the Lightstim to be a very important tool that I will never be without.....I hope you find the same to be true. Congrats on the light purchase.

Toby...have you been using your AALS 5 times a week for that last 4 years?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I started with the Prolight and used it for several years(recommended use is once a week). then last year(Nov.20090 I got the Lightstim and did several months of treatments five days a week then maintenance for six months using it a couple times a week. I am now on a cycle of several months of using it five days a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I started with the Prolight and used it for several years(recommended use is once a week). then last year(Nov.20090 I got the Lightstim and did several months of treatments five days a week then maintenance for six months using it a couple times a week. I am now on a cycle of several months of using it five days a week.

Rolling Eyes it should be Nov.2009 Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I received my LightStim today. The good news is that there were no extra charges since it shipped from Niagara, Ontario.
The not so good news is that the fingers on my palm-side of my hands (especially my right hand) are discoloured as if I had placed them on an ink pad. It took me about 30 minutes to do my face and neck.

I'm hoping that this will go away, but I know that if my husband sees my palms that he will want me to return the device.
I tried scrubbing away the stains with a brush and soap but to no avail.

The LightStim did ship in a black fake-velvet container, which was a pretty stupid idea, in my opinion, because the device was covered in a fine dust of that black material. I cleaned the whole device before using by wiping it with a dry cloth, but maybe I should have used something wet. I just now wiped it a damp cloth, and can't see a residue, but it's not daylight either.
Am I the only one?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Marie-Andrée wrote:
I received my LightStim today. The good news is that there were no extra charges since it shipped from Niagara, Ontario.
The not so good news is that the fingers on my palm-side of my hands (especially my right hand) are discoloured as if I had placed them on an ink pad. It took me about 30 minutes to do my face and neck.

I'm hoping that this will go away, but I know that if my husband sees my palms that he will want me to return the device.
I tried scrubbing away the stains with a brush and soap but to no avail.

The LightStim did ship in a black fake-velvet container, which was a pretty stupid idea, in my opinion, because the device was covered in a fine dust of that black material. I cleaned the whole device before using by wiping it with a dry cloth, but maybe I should have used something wet. I just now wiped it a damp cloth, and can't see a residue, but it's not daylight either.
Am I the only one?

I agree, the box it comes in sucks. I didn't get any black stuff on my hands though. The name in ink "lightstim" is coming off of the handle which doesn't seem very professional either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think mine even says Lightstim on the handle.
It works though. Laughing
I'm using mine five days a week - happy as a clam.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
There are lots of happy clams around here! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I've been tempted to buy a new device but after reading here I'm not sure at all!

The AALS I have is of 2009 and the 'problems' I read that seem to appear with the 'new' model seem strange... the overheating of the light, smudging of the logo name, etc...

With the model I have, the name of 'LightStim Anti-Aging Light' is on the reverse of the handle at the top. I haven't felt overheating at all, no smudging of the logo, ... I'm puzzled, something must have changed not only the receding edges... Rolling Eyes Surely there must be something more to it, the overheating with smudging of ink, the feeling of too much heat I've read some posters feel with even side effects, I don't think it is normal at all... in any case by what I've read up till now, the previous model did better apparently. Confused And my thoughts of buying a second 'light' have diminished to the point of no-no for the moment, something is not right there right now...

Anyone with both 'lights'-the 'old' and the 'new' can give more info?

Also, I still find my skin seems to dry out -even drinking a glass of water before and after treatment- so it appears dehydrated the day after a treatment; I've at the moment started doing daily treatments again and don't seem to recover from the dryness. I remember reading recently someone asking about this but never got to read an answer about it. Is it normal to feel and 'see' the skin dry and crisscrossed tiny wrinkles before it recovers?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree, all of these tales are very strange. There should be no reason for the device being hotter, and yet so many have noticed a difference. With regard to the logo wearing off, I don't think this is of any great importance, I had it happen to my Tua Viso - nevertheless, it doesn't say much for quality and really shouldn't happen. As for the stained black hands that won't come clean - the mind boggles!!!!

ATester - are you applying any kind of moisturising serum before doing the treatment? I've never had a problem with dryness - and I don't drink water beforehand. But I find the treatment leaves my skin quite moist - I usually do apply a moisturiser though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

ATester - are you applying any kind of moisturising serum before doing the treatment? I've never had a problem with dryness - and I don't drink water beforehand. But I find the treatment leaves my skin quite moist - I usually do apply a moisturiser though.

I need to start applying something before the AALS. I have also gotten extremely dried out from it, but I use it on a bare face.
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:17 am      Reply with quote
The stain on my left hand is fainter, and the darker stain on my right is seeming to turn a purplish colour. Needless to say I wont use the device until the stains completely disappear. But I don't want a recurrence. I wouldn't mind if something had smudged on my palms, but to have something embed itself is worrisome.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I started the Lightstim on a bare face, but my skin also became incredibly dry. I fought the idea internally about applying a moisturizer because I wanted the device to work at "maximum."

However, after reading the various posts about this subject, I've concluded that just from a physics point of view, there is no reason the led light cannot penetrate most serums or moisturizers.

My face usually does feel a little "tight" after treatment, but not in a "dry" kind of way. If that makes sense!

I started out doing 7 days a week, but I think Toby's method of just 5 makes the most sense. I want to give my skin a chance to recover and also to get to work making that collagen, lol.

Toby--is your schedule a M-F kind of thing, witht no led on the weekends or do you take one day off in the middle of the week and another day off a few days later?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
p.s. I am also concerned about the high heat of the QVC Lightstim... It gets darn right HOT. I have to wonder, even if the skin is well moisturized, how that heat, applied directly to the skin, will affect it over time. That thought bothers me a lot, actually...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:34 am      Reply with quote
The older model is still available on the Lighstim website for purchase. If anyone is unhappy with any aspect of the device QVC is great with returns and so is Lightstim.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
The older model is still available on the Lighstim website for purchase. If anyone is unhappy with any aspect of the device QVC is great with returns and so is Lightstim.

That is tempting... but I believe the Lightstim on their own website is more expensive? That's the reason I went with QVC... I think there is a 2 month return window with QVC since I bought it during Christmas... I'll give it the max amount of time to see how things work out...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I found out purely by chance that the stain is a base (the opposite of an acid in chemistry). How did I find out? I decided this morning while taking my bath to apply glycolic acid (30%) to my face and neck, as I do once a month. I used my hands to apply it. After my bath, I saw that the stains were greatly diminished. Five minutes ago, I spread the glycolic acid on my hands and waited a few seconds and rinsed. No more stain.
I did not know that a chemical base needed an acid to remove it. I'll just use a cloth dipped in a solution of glycolic acid and pass it over the LightStim body to get rid of any chemical residue, avoiding the diodes of course.
Live and learn.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |