Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bravo Luminosity - Great results. YOu can't argue with compliments that you can directly attribute to one or two sources. Facial exercise does increase blood flow to the face and this helps give a healthy glow. LEDS are AWESOME> I would not be without mine and CP's are very good for perking the skin up. I think you have a winning combination.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
That's great news Lum!! Congrats!

I've been out of the country in Costa Rica for the past 10 days and packed with nothing but carry on so was without a lot of my "products" not to mention the AALS. I am back on routine now.

Keep us posted!

G
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies!

I am considering changing my pre-LED serum and was wondering if anyone has a solid rave.

There seems to be mixed reviews regarding the green tea pre-led serum on the NCN site... And I'm unlikely to make my own unless someone can convince me. lol.

There is another green tea serum that is sold on the skin-etc.com site (under the Topix brand) but it looks like there are some questionable chemicals in it:

http://www.skin-etc.com/torecr.html

"Replenix is the advanced new wave in antioxidant, anti-aging skin care technology.

Certain plants such as green trea are composed of a high content of polyphenol isolates that have been shown to have antioxidant properties.

Topix Replenix patent-pending formulations are composed of highly concentrated green tea polyphenols that are gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin types.

Topix Replenix Serum is a lightweight, fast absorbing formula that delivers enhanced moisturization and improved skin texture and tone."

Ingredients:

Purified Water, 90% Polyphenol Isolate, Bisabolol, Cucumber Extract, Chamomile Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Polysorbate-20, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxetol, Tetrasodium EDTA.

-- Any thoughts or recommendations are welcome!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a suggestion: Juice Beauty Serum - maybe do a green tea bag solution (very strong).... apply this first - put the juice beauty serum after - let that settle in for 10 minutes or so and then treat. I love juice beauty serums...

I also use CP's serum before - but that's me.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not as experienced as the majority of ladies on this topic, but I've noticed some improvements since I've started applying some green tea serum before LED session.
Previously I would just apply some green tea bags for couple of minutes. My skin would look pretty much the same after the treatment (no glow). However, since then I've switched to the serum made of some green tea extract mixed with SKB and distilled water and glow appeared Smile. I don't know if the results I'm seeing have just accumulated over time, but they coincided with my switch in the pretreatment regime.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
ABB wrote:
I'm not as experienced as the majority of ladies on this topic, but I've noticed some improvements since I've started applying some green tea serum before LED session.
Previously I would just apply some green tea bags for couple of minutes. My skin would look pretty much the same after the treatment (no glow). However, since then I've switched to the serum made of some green tea extract mixed with SKB and distilled water and glow appeared Smile. I don't know if the results I'm seeing have just accumulated over time, but they coincided with my switch in the pretreatment regime.

Which serum do you use? Or do you make it yourself? I'm not familiar with what SKB is...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
ABB wrote:

Errr... my post was put on twice! Sorry. I like the idea of a green tea serum - it's just a matter of finding one that is potent and natural.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
SKB is Sea Kelp Bioferment...very nourishing for skin and hair. You can purchase from NCN in different amounts. I've ordered some to make Kassey's pre-treatment serum and include the 20% Matrixyl serum.

I really like the Collagen serum from Lightstim but I'm going through it quite quickly so thought I'd try a DIY serum.
ABB
5% products discount

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:

Which serum do you use? Or do you make it yourself? I'm not familiar with what SKB is...

It's DIY, but it's very simple. I took Kassy's preLED serum and used only green tea extract, Sea kelp bioferment and water from her recipe (it was the first time I did some DIY mixture so I just wanted to make it as simple as possible). It takes less than 2 mins to stir it up and it's done! It absorbs very quickly into the skin and there is no lingering smell...

I bought all the ingredients form activeformulas site.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Luminosity ~I have long been interested in LED lights. My specific interest is to thicken my skin, as it has thinned considerably with the onset of peri-menopause. What are your thoughts on this and have you noticed any differences in your skin, specifically with respect to thickness and resiliency with the addition of the LED lights? I appreciate any feedback. Have not had the opportunity to read through the entire thread. Thanks! Aprile
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:17 am      Reply with quote
ABB wrote:
Luminosity wrote:

It's DIY, but it's very simple. I took Kassy's preLED serum and used only green tea extract, Sea kelp bioferment and water from her recipe (it was the first time I did some DIY mixture so I just wanted to make it as simple as possible). It takes less than 2 mins to stir it up and it's done! It absorbs very quickly into the skin and there is no lingering smell...

I bought all the ingredients form activeformulas site.

ABB, do you leave out the AHA when you make this serum? I was going to make it without as I thought it might be too irritating for me.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:26 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Hi Luminosity ~I have long been interested in LED lights. My specific interest is to thicken my skin, as it has thinned considerably with the onset of peri-menopause. What are your thoughts on this and have you noticed any differences in your skin, specifically with respect to thickness and resiliency with the addition of the LED lights? I appreciate any feedback. Have not had the opportunity to read through the entire thread. Thanks! Aprile

Aprile,
This is a very long thread but I think you will find in reading it most Lightstim owners are very happy campers. It plumps up the skin and long range is producing collagen. I really think you will like it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

Aprile, in addition to those fabulous Maggio facial exercises, it seems to fill in the hollow spots... I've got some "gentle" brackets around my mouth and a slight indentation on one of my cheeks. I feel as if the LightStim helps to create more collagen and is slowly plumping me up.

LOL remember that SNL episode ("We want to pump you up!").

The combo of face exercises and LightStim is truly making me feel better about my skin.

And... the other day as I was buying wine at Trader Joes... I was carded! LOL.

Yah... that works for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your responses ladies. Would you say that LEDs are okay for sensitive skin? I almost feel like I have a mild case of rosacea at times because my facial skin sometimes gets flushed, and I also have had bad reactions to certain ingredients in products. That is my only worry, other than the price. Thanks again, Aprile Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Money back guarantee any where you buy it. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile, there is a LightStim specifically for rosacea!! You might want to check it out:

http://www.lightstim.com/rosacea-light.html

5% products discount

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:45 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:

ABB, do you leave out the AHA when you make this serum? I was going to make it without as I thought it might be too irritating for me.

Yep, only green tea extract and SKB.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have just realised my light stim ,it looks like 2 bulbs are missing , or are they meant to have 2 loose metal wires.?
the trouble is I spent a fortune on customs so if I have to send it back its gonna cost, I dont know how long its been like this, but I have been using it everyday, do you think its ok to carry on, the wires are short and dont touch the skin?
thank you
a worried helen
Sad

5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Are you sure you haven't mistaken the solder spots with missing bulbs (I have two od those as well on my lamp)? If not, I would definitelly contact distributor (perhaps take a picture of the device) and express my concerns with the faulty product and high custom fees.

Even if it is the case, you don't have to worry that you'll get harmed with 9 DC volts that the transformer produces.

helenjean wrote:
I have just realised my light stim ,it looks like 2 bulbs are missing , or are they meant to have 2 loose metal wires.?
the trouble is I spent a fortune on customs so if I have to send it back its gonna cost, I dont know how long its been like this, but I have been using it everyday, do you think its ok to carry on, the wires are short and dont touch the skin?
thank you
a worried helen
Sad
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
thank you
a worried helen
Sad

That is how it is supposed to look. I have two of them and they both look like that.
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou both
What releive i never noticed it before.

Helen

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello LightStim users wave

I started a thread for those of us using their LightStims along with Ageless Secret Gold.

Here's the link

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6410262#6410262

Come over to discuss your use of the two products if you like or if you are just curious as to what those using the two products are saying. So far, I am very very pleased Dancing and would like to find out what others using this combo are experiencing.

Thanks!
Gidget
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
It's not fare all the best stuff is in the USA, is there any suppliers for ageless gold in the uk?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Okay for those that have had questions about using the LED lights with fillers and botox this is some information from Steve Marchese,CEO of Lightstim:
Quote:
By the way, and you CAN post this if you want, LightStim or any other LED light with NOT shorten the life of fillers or Botox.

I can't speak for the other LED lights but I can say that LightStim has quite a history and many testimonials that women have seen their fillers last WAY longer since using AALS. This only makes sense though, as the AALS is building collagen and plumping the dermis, so eventually many people could look forward to never having to get their fillers replaced again. LightStim also has numerous dermatologists and plastic surgeons who put all of their patients under our Professional Lights right after administering the fillers, and they also sell the AALS to their patients. I also have a letter from a dermatologist that explains why the AALS not shorten the life of fillers, but in fact lengthens it.

Hope this helps!

Steve

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Update for me:

- Using LED since 9-2007 (anti-aging model since 2-2008)

- The older I get, the harder it is to see additional improvements, but when I'm consistent using twice a week it seems to maintain previous results.

- When life gets in the way and I don't use it for 6 or so weeks, I definitely start to see the aging signs we all hate with the associated tired, drawn look.. Bad Grin

- These days I'm lucky if I get to it once every week or two, so I'm more diligent about what I do pre-treatment. I steam my face, use the Clarisonic with a brewed green and white tea concoction, and apply a simple water based DIY serum about 30 minutes prior to treatment. Sometimes I just use nothing as well, and lately I'm trying to work in a lactic acid mask on the same day.

- The bright side is I'm still holding my own, and the bratty, snot nosed young guy at the Florida Fair, guessed my age at 39.. (He was furious, and made me produce my license, then he told my son; "I thought she was your wife, not your mother".. Laughing And poor Mr Kassy said; "so what am I, her grandfather".. And my grandkids are dancin around and hollerin "go grammy, go grammy... ( Laughing Ya had to be there... wave

Hope all are well and happy.. BIG hugs!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |