Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jbaldree

Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the Collagen Peptide Serum (that came with the LS) work? If yes, do you need to apply a lot or a little? Thanks! JB
the cat

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'll issue my sincere apology: I just am not a LS fan and I thought my opinion was being trashed ---- and all of our opinions should be taken for whatever they are worth.

So...

Ryan wrote: "I do wonder if the panels are not as effective due to the light escaping and not being able to get as much of your skin in close, direct contact."

And since I'm a techie I'll comment : ('Surprised')

If the batteries are Lithium based they can certainly power even high intensity leds just fine.
I do know whatever Tanda uses for batteries seems to have some concern over at HSN.

And as for led light the power drops dramatically further you are from the source and thats why the derm office panels have hundreds of medium bright leds in them.
(laser light does not have this problem as the light is not scattered and it can be focused to a specific distance.)

And so the best led systems have hundreds of each color led to flood a lot of light to overcome the drop in power over distance OR the leds they have are close to touching the skin so the power stays relatively high.

And THATS why low power wands like the lightstim and quasar simply can't be working very quickly.....and why mine didn't and the other poster is using hers for 6 years.

That is why I am looking at devices which touch the skin like silknface and starlite-lm. I'd consider the old new-u but it was just too cheap looking when i saw it a few years ago.

Anyway......JMHO.....but the physics of light and the photo effectiveness really depends on something LS does not offer.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
the cat, thank you for the post. Like I said, as someone looking to purchase the LS, I want to hear the negative opinions as well as the positive ones. When I'm looking to make an expensive purchase (this is expensive for me), I can get somewhat obsessive about reading reviews. Smile I felt like you were dismissing the people who had positive experiences, but I apologize if I mis-intrepreted your posts.

Since you are a techie, what do you think of the DPL panels?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
the cat wrote:
yes agreed on what to expect -- we collect these "uglies" over years and it does take time to work on them.javascript:emoticon('Confused')

i'd probably best move on from this thread as i guess it's for lightstim fans (like a certain testy poster here who sounds like either a Behrman Communications rep who promotes lightstim or a lightstim account manager with that name) ... of which i like others are clearly not one of.

i guess the lightstim has indeed worked for you ?

and btw from my homework there is the dpl nuve panel system (fda cleared tmk) that sounds like what you are looking for and i think it's not too expensive Confused

Just to clarify, I've never heard of Lightstim until 2 weeks ago and I did my research and found this board. It's because of all the positive reviews that I decided to buy this, there are so many systems on the market, but I'm not quite ready to take the plunge and zap myself with a laser.

People are beginning to notice, at an Easter dinner at a friends house (she's got a ton of natural light) one of my girlfriends who doesn't know what I've been doing, pull me aside and asked me what I've been doing with my skin. I didn't really think it was that noticable, but it is, only after 10 days. It's a bit time consuming, but it's very relaxing. My dog who has an arthritic front leg seems to be jumping around better now. If they go on sale again, I'm going to get another one so I can decrease the time.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I just won a bid on a brand new LS on Ebay-137 with free shipping. I won't be able to return it, but I'm okay with that since I got it so much cheaper than I can get it elsewhere.

Can't wait to get it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
I just won a bid on a brand new LS on Ebay-137 with free shipping. I won't be able to return it, but I'm okay with that since I got it so much cheaper than I can get it elsewhere.

Can't wait to get it!

Congratulations Ryan!!!! Very Happy

Nice deal, keep us posted on how you get on with it, I am so happy for you!

Don't forget as Kassy says Naked at first oops that was my terminology. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:29 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Since you are a techie, what do you think of the DPL panels?

I'm definitely not a techie, but I like the DPL. It's my third LED, I've also used the Baby Q and the Lightstim. I much prefer the Lightstim over the Baby Q - but then I wanted to try a panel device. The DPL definitely "feels" more like a professional treatment and I enjoy being able to just relax without all the timing. I place the panels directly over my face for a full 17 mins.

I've also been using it on my chest, which is VERY sun damaged. I haven't noticed any improvement in skin quality but my chest wrinkles have gone. Whether this is due to my recent weight loss (I've lost 11kg lately) I don't know. But then you'd think that weight loss would make me look more wrinkly. It's definitely done that to my arms!

Whether the DPL is better than the Lightstim I really wouldn't like to say - we've discussed the power of different LED devices in the past and no-one seems to really have an outright definitive answer. There's all kinds of variables involved apparently - and all the technical stuff goes straight over my head.

I'll say this though - out of all the myriad of gadgets that I've bought over the years, an LED is at the top of my list and I've used one faithfully for around six years - and will keep doing so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Yeah Ryan! Congrats!

I am super happy. I did 5 days in a row - had to skip a few due to a horrible cold. Now that I am back in the saddle again, I have done 3 treatments this week.

What I really notice is that my skin looks rosy and "creamy". Like I am wearing a beautiful foundation... I love it!

I think the true test will be the wrinkles on my chest. So glad I took the plunge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hey erg!

I was wondering how you were doing, glad to hear you are over your cold!

I am with you loving my new "toy" Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:13 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Don't forget as Kassy says Naked at first oops that was my terminology. Bad Grin

Haha Bad Grin , that's what I will do anyway. Since I made this investment I probably won't be buying any topicals for a while. The DIY serums sound interesting. I may have to learn how to do that eventually. I'm not really into things like creams you have to keep buying. I think that's why the LED lights and other gadgets interest me.

I do like the DPL panels, but I noticed last night that it was probably several inches away from my forehead. I lay it directly on my face, it's usually touching my cheeks, but I think there's a few areas where it's not right on the skin. The panels are probably great to lie directly on places like the chest and stomach; the LS may be better for the face. I will continue to use both for right now. I work at home on the computer, so it will be no problem at all to use the LS while I work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:11 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Haha Bad Grin , that's what I will do anyway. Since I made this investment I probably won't be buying any topicals for a while. The DIY serums sound interesting. I may have to learn how to do that eventually. I'm not really into things like creams you have to keep buying. I think that's why the LED lights and other gadgets interest me.

I do like the DPL panels, but I noticed last night that it was probably several inches away from my forehead. I lay it directly on my face, it's usually touching my cheeks, but I think there's a few areas where it's not right on the skin. The panels are probably great to lie directly on places like the chest and stomach; the LS may be better for the face. I will continue to use both for right now. I work at home on the computer, so it will be no problem at all to use the LS while I work.

Enjoy it Ryan,

I am really, really thrilled you found one at a great deal!

Make sure to keep us posted on how you are getting on with it! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so two weeks in still doing on a naked face.

Two questions:
1) is it best to apply a serum pre or post treatment?

2) What is a good ready made serum to use. I am finding most of them have oils which I believe is a no-no when using before.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Ok, so two weeks in still doing on a naked face.

Two questions:
1) is it best to apply a serum pre or post treatment?

2) What is a good ready made serum to use. I am finding most of them have oils which I believe is a no-no when using before.

Hi erg,

Not an expert as you know but I think you can do either before or after (maybe both)

One possibly?

PSF Berry Beneficial Antioxidant Serum

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-berry-beneficial-anti-p_6536.htm

Ingredients
Acai Extract - Wild harvested berries from the Amazon Rainforest, acai contains a remarkably high percentage of antioxidants, essential omega fatty acids, and a nearly perfect amino acid complex. High in phytosterols, acai contains 10-30 times the anthocyanins (purple colored antioxidants) as red wine.

Grapeseed Extract (GSE) - Contains oligomeric proanthocyanidin (OPC), a potent antioxidant, which has been shown in scientific studies to speed wound healing & reduce scarring when applied topically. Research has shown that GSE also exhibits significant anti-inflammatory characteristics, as well as improving micro-circulation within the skin.

Green Tea Extract - 90% polyphenols (50% EGCG). This concentration of green tea extract has been shown to exhibit up to 40% more antioxidant properties than Vitamin E.

Pomegranate & Blueberry Extract - Potent antioxidant properties, anti-inflammatory & skin protectant. Helps revitalize & add radiance to tired, dull-looking skin.

PBN Spin Trap - Spin traps work differently than other types of antioxidants. Instead of neutralizing free radicals like other antioxidants, spin traps suppress GTF's (gene transcriptional factors) associated with various pathological states. Spin traps capture the reactive oxygen species and redirect it to support beneficial tissue respiration instead of spinning off to destruct DNA rich skin cells.

Hyaluronic Acid - One of the most biologically complex and nourishing molecules for the skin. It is found naturally in young skin, and decreases subsequently with age. It is responsible for retaining moisture within the skin, contributes to plumpness, softness, and firmness of skin tone.

Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate), Euterpe oleracea (Organic Acai) Extract, Vitis vinifera (Organic Grapeseed) Extract, Punica granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Extract [90% Polyphenols, 50% EGCG], Vaccinum angustifolium (Organic Blueberry) Extract, Phenylbutylnitrone (PBN Spin Trap), Sodium EDTA

Hopefully a long time user will weigh in on if that would work or not! The one thing I see that MAY be an issue is the HA but I am not sure. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Hey - just an update.
I am really loving this. My skin looks glowy, and creamy like I am wearing foundation but I am not.
Love it. I am doing it 5X a week now.

Ryan, did you get yours yet? How is everyone else doing?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hey - just an update.
I am really loving this. My skin looks glowy, and creamy like I am wearing foundation but I am not.
Love it. I am doing it 5X a week now.

Ryan, did you get yours yet? How is everyone else doing?

Hi erg, Very Happy

I am just a wee tad behind you but I am really liking both the look and feel of my skin as well, and it was not bad to start with.

I hope Ryan will let us know how it is going for him also!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Mine was just shipped so I am still waiting. I'm glad everyone's liking it so far.

Have any of the long-term users experienced hair growth on their face? I had read somewhere that LED's can be used for hair growth on the scalp. I have had electrolysis on my face to thin out the beard area, so I didn't want to get any new growth there. I asked Liz from Light4Beauty when I bought my DPL about a year ago, and she said since the hair follicle had been killed, it shouldn't stimulate any new growth. So I don't know..just wondering.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've had no unwanted hair growth problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Mine was just shipped so I am still waiting. I'm glad everyone's liking it so far.

Have any of the long-term users experienced hair growth on their face? I had read somewhere that LED's can be used for hair growth on the scalp. I have had electrolysis on my face to thin out the beard area, so I didn't want to get any new growth there. I asked Liz from Light4Beauty when I bought my DPL about a year ago, and she said since the hair follicle had been killed, it shouldn't stimulate any new growth. So I don't know..just wondering.

Oh Hairy Houdini, I hope not, lol! I have enough chin hairs as it is. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
jbaldree wrote:
Does anyone know if the Collagen Peptide Serum (that came with the LS) work? If yes, do you need to apply a lot or a little? Thanks! JB

It is a nice serum that works well with the Lightstim. My skin felt very mo
isturized and plump afterwards. I only used one bottle so not enough time to see any other benefit. I used 1-1 1/2 pumps that covered my face & neck.

I think any good serum with hyaluronic acid would work as well. The PSF antioxident serum that DarkMoon mentioned looks good.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity wrote:
RyanA wrote:

Oh Hairy Houdini, I hope not, lol! I have enough chin hairs as it is. Laughing

LOL. Luminosity,

That cracked me up, don't we just love those horrid chin hairs that appear as we age? Laughing Laughing

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
hello,

Thank you for sharing this with us, I'm totally new to this.

Thanks once againg!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
jbaldree wrote:

It is a nice serum that works well with the Lightstim. My skin felt very mo
isturized and plump afterwards. I only used one bottle so not enough time to see any other benefit. I used 1-1 1/2 pumps that covered my face & neck.

I think any good serum with hyaluronic acid would work as well. The PSF antioxident serum that DarkMoon mentioned looks good.

Thanks brierrose,

I was not certain about the HA in the serum, but saw it was oil free, and it can be bought right from EDS! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yay, I got it today!

I've tried it out on 2 spots so far. I'll use it more tonight. The directions say to close the eye closest to the light. Do you all do that? That's kind of annoying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
I use both dpl and AALS with good results. I have used the serum sent with AALS and it seems fine. Steve from Lightstim includes it because he believes it will enhance the effects of his wonderful light. I have two AALS, a prolight red and a dpl and proud of it Laughing
My favorite product for use with LED is Ageless secret Gold. Not for everyone but fabulous for me. All the best.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Yay, I got it today!

I've tried it out on 2 spots so far. I'll use it more tonight. The directions say to close the eye closest to the light. Do you all do that? That's kind of annoying.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yay Ryan, you got yours!

I really do try to not open my eye near the light, my eyes are sensitive so I err on the side of caution?

Keep us posted please and good luck! Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |